Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Insider Blog: Father's Day with Bryan Dattilo
Topic Started: Jun 19 2009, 02:47 AM (439 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Father's Day with Bryan Dattilo
June 18, 04:33 PM

My last interview for my Father's Day feature is with none other than the hilarious Bryan Dattilo. I have always admired Bryan's relationship with his son, Gabe. As many are aware, Gabe has autism, which requires more attention and patience as a parent. But whenever I see Bryan out with Gabe, the two are always smiling and joking around, as if they are just two kids hanging out on a schoolyard. I thought Bryan's mom did a wonderful job describing their father-and-son relationship in my interview with her for Mothers' Day. Hope you enjoy my Father's Day interview with Bryan as much as I did.

Below is a photo taken from this year's Annual Walk Now For Autism in Pasadena, an event Bryan and Gabe participated in, along with other "Days of our Lives" actors, families, and staff.

Posted Image

Any Father's Day traditions that go on in your house?
Every Father's Day, we have the Father's Day Basketball Challenge which is a one-on-one basketball game between us. It's father vs. son. He has beaten me for the past three years.

What is the best fatherhood advice you have received and who gave it to you?
The best fatherly advice I have ever received came from my brother. The advice is to spend as much time with your kids as possible, be their best friend, tuck them in every night, tell you love them everyday, and always have time to listen.

What advice would you give to other fathers out there on raising an autistic son?
Patience. Understanding. Never compare your son to the norm because there is no norm.

What has been your most memorable Father's Day?
My first one, of course, because I could finally refer to myself in third person as "Daddy."

How has having Gabe changed your perspective on life?
It's made me financially smarter, emotionally deeper, and physically heavier.

http://blog.nbc.com/days_production/

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lastDays
Member Avatar

Okay,I have to rant here :soapbox: Didn't they just do a Mothers Day feature with BD? I am shocked that they couldnt get a Father's Day feature on Shawn Christian who is very press friendly.If they actually tried,they could have gotten hm,but for some reason they want to avoid SC like the plague.What is their problem with him? Whoever is in charge of NBC Days Insider SUCKS :flipoff:
Edited by lastDays, Jun 19 2009, 06:59 AM.

leah09
Member Avatar

Why do you think they are avoiding SC?? I'm sure he's not the only guy with kids that wasn't featured.

Really, I just think it has more to do with BD's longevity plus he is a father on the show as well. Maybe he's just more relatable as a father??

aimees76
Member Avatar

:wub: I love BD. :wub: that is all. :D

Thanks for posting!

mirabella

I love Bryan and what a wonderful, patient dad he is with lots of great words of wisdom.

Thanks for posting.

mirabella

lastDays
Jun 19 2009, 06:58 AM
Okay,I have to rant here :soapbox: Didn't they just do a Mothers Day feature with BD? I am shocked that they couldnt get a Father's Day feature on Shawn Christian who is very press friendly.If they actually tried,they could have gotten hm,but for some reason they want to avoid SC like the plague.What is their problem with him? Whoever is in charge of NBC Days Insider SUCKS :flipoff:
After the Mothers Day interviews, the Insider Blog asked for the fans to tell them who they would like to see interviewed for the Father's Day feature. It was probably that they just tried to interview the dads with the most votes. Fans were even asking for them to interview James Scott about his dog or dogs. lol. I bet if some of SC's fans posted on that blog asking them to do a feature on SC, they would be happy to, if he is willing. It certainly wouldn't hurt to try.

Good luck.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply