Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Weekly Discussion; Week of 6/22 - 6/26
Topic Started: Jun 21 2009, 07:08 PM (4,413 Views)
Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Days of our Lives

Week of June 6/22 - 6/26

Classic Clip of the Week:
Kate lures a drugged Sami to the edge of the clff with the Will doll. Sami falls. Meanwhile Angela tries to seduce Brandon.

Sami dangles from a branch. Kate and Lucas argue. Lucas is distraught over Sami's "death". Brandon escapes Angela's clutches and goes to the cliff where he hears Sami's scream. ( 2000 )

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

peaches179

That was one of the most awful storylines EVER!

Sindacco
Member Avatar

I liked that storyline, it was my favorite in 2000.

Mason
Member Avatar

Sindacco
Jun 22 2009, 10:44 AM
I liked that storyline, it was my favorite in 2000.
Mine too. In fact, it was probably the ONLY storyline in 2000 that I liked.

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

So pissed that DAYS was pre-empted today. It came on at like the last 20 minutes, I'll just catch it tonight on Soap Net.

Keith
Member Avatar

You, too, ga? I wound up watching B&B and Y&R and the last 15 minutes. Who cares about golf? Then again some posters might ask the same about DAYS in its current state, LOL

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Keith
Jun 22 2009, 01:15 PM
You, too, ga? I wound up watching B&B and Y&R and the last 15 minutes. Who cares about golf? Then again some posters might ask the same about DAYS in its current state, LOL
I'm glad they chose to put on the last 20 minutes because I'm always annoyed when the show gets preempted so close to Wimbledon because it throws any cliffhanger planned off. I hate when the show is preempted, in general, because then everything is off. I knew they would be preempted though because the golf lost all of Thursday due to rain. My hope is that NBC just doesn't count the ratings Thursday, Friday, and today because with all the shifting and all they will be a mess.

Whatever the case, the fact that they aired so little tells me they trust people will find other ways to watch the rest via online, Soapnet, etc.

For those that want to view the whole episode, it's on youtube. I watched it Saturday night on there. Here are the links:

DAYS 6/22/09 PART 1

DAYS 6/22/09 PART 2

DAYS 6/22/09 PART 3

DAYS 6/22/09 PART 4

It's a pretty good episode, especially the stuff with Nicole breaking down at Grace's grave.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Jun 22 2009, 01:25 PM.

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

^^ Thanks that was a really good episode!

BTW, Am I the only hoping that this baby switch storyline should be dragged out, as long as it can. It feels like a traditional soap storyline with lots of twists and turns. Nobody could say back when Nicole switched the babies that all this would happen. It's not as predictable as it started out being. I also love Nicole, and don't want to see the terrible backlash she's gonna get from everyone when the secret comes out. :$
Edited by Eric83, Jun 22 2009, 03:02 PM.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

ga68153
Jun 22 2009, 03:02 PM

BTW, Am I the only hoping that this baby switch storyline should be dragged out, as long as it can. It feels like a traditional soap storyline with lots of twists and turns. Nobody could say back when Nicole switched the babies that all this would happen. It's not as predictable as it started out being. I also love Nicole, and don't want to see the terrible backlash she's gonna get from everyone when the secret comes out. :$
Well, I will begrudgingly admit that the recent events of the baby storyline have caught me off guard. Up to now I've felt the entire thing was predictable - you could see what was coming the moment both Sami and Nicole found out they were pregnant and it didn't miss a single beat I was anticipating until they killed off baby Grace AND had Sami admit the truth (as she understands it) to EJ. I didn't anticipate that - and it has made things infinitely more interesting. For now.

As for dragging it out, though - I hope it does not run past this Fall. Enough is enough. I get that they want to maximize the shock and awe of the repercussions of Grace's story at this point and I expect that to play out through most of the remaining summer. But I don't think most of the GA will be happy if it goes beyond that. It was one thing for Sami to be raising a baby she believed was hers - to now have her grieving the loss of her daughter while Nicole is happily passing her off as her own? Not. Cool. :soapbox:

And I for one cannot WAIT to see the terrible back lash Nicole has coming to her from everyone once the full truth comes out. :popcorn:

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

PhoenixRising05
Jun 22 2009, 01:24 PM
My hope is that NBC just doesn't count the ratings Thursday, Friday, and today because with all the shifting and all they will be a mess.

Why/how would they ever count ratings for a day the show wasn't even on?

As a sports fan, let me stick up for golf fans and say that major tournaments deserve respect. :P I don't watch tennis anymore hardly at all but there was a time when Wimbledon was my focal point of the summer after the NBA playoffs. I don't care about watching golf but I think the people who do love it should get to see it. If NBC chooses to carry it there's nothing I can do about it.
Edited by Paxton, Jun 22 2009, 03:39 PM.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

ga68153

I agree about the baby switch...its classic soap writing! I figured it would have ended in Fall, but with AZ's pregnancy, it might go on until she comes back?

As for the SL itself, some things were predictable....
-Grace would die (Mia wouldnt be attached to a kid so young)
-Sami's kid would live (like she needs more..please)
-EJ & Nicole getting married (they didnt mention the pre-nup for nothing)
-Sami never telling the truth..until EJ couldnt do anything about Grace (sooo classic Sami!)
-Bradys' would PRAISE Sami for keeping Grace away from the evil and disgusting DiMeras.

I also dont want to see such an extreme backlash towards Nicole's lies. We never got anyone to question Sami's judgement in sleeping with a man whose family (and him) she hates nor her deception in having Rafe adopt Grace (and telling Lucas that her baby died....thats LOW!)

I also dont think it would be fair that EJ went all BSC on her because ultimately it was her decision to switch the babies that brought him his daughter and the DiMeras another heir. EJ shitty stuff he's done is a mile long...and he's been "forgiven," so I expect (and want) the same consideration.

Overall, DAYS did a good job of bringing in sub-plots to keep the story going....the DK war, Steffy finding out, Will and Mia getting closer, etc..
Liz

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Paxton
Jun 22 2009, 03:38 PM
PhoenixRising05
My hope is that NBC just doesn't count the ratings Thursday, Friday, and today because with all the shifting and all they will be a mess.

Why/how would they ever count ratings for a day the show wasn't even on?

As a sports fan, let me stick up for golf fans and say that major tournaments deserve respect. :P I don't watch tennis anymore hardly at all but there was a time when Wimbledon was my focal point of the summer after the NBA playoffs. I don't care about watching golf but I think the people who do love it should get to see it. If NBC chooses to carry it there's nothing I can do about it.
ITA..I watched as Phil was so close..yet far away (aww PHIL :frownie: )
I think NBC were really good in limiting their coverage because most of it started on ESPN. A lot of people were going to watch!
I also was a huge Tennis fan and looked forward to Wimbledon.

Those events dont piss me off more then breaking news about a car chase and/brush fire thats covered for 4 hours. All they have to do is break in with 5 mins updates at :30 past, and if developments change.

Now not caring about tennis, I can see how 2 days w/out days can be hard (esp. with Days being watchable- except Kate's SL...that SUCKS!)
Liz

lysie
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
I'm glad they chose to put on the last 20 minutes because I'm always annoyed when the show gets preempted so close to Wimbledon because it throws any cliffhanger planned off. I hate when the show is preempted, in general, because then everything is off. I knew they would be preempted though because the golf lost all of Thursday due to rain. My hope is that NBC just doesn't count the ratings Thursday, Friday, and today because with all the shifting and all they will be a mess.

Whatever the case, the fact that they aired so little tells me they trust people will find other ways to watch the rest via online, Soapnet, etc.

For those that want to view the whole episode, it's on youtube. I watched it Saturday night on there. Here are the links:

DAYS 6/22/09 PART 1

DAYS 6/22/09 PART 2

DAYS 6/22/09 PART 3

DAYS 6/22/09 PART 4

It's a pretty good episode, especially the stuff with Nicole breaking down at Grace's grave.
I downloaded it and watched it on Saturday. I actually don't remember much about it right now, but if I get a chance later, I may go back and refresh my memory.

For some reason, custody disputes really bother me. They bother me more than anything else involving the children. I'm not sure why. Unless I have some repressed memories, I was never directly involved in one, so for TV custody issues to stir up the kinds of feelings they do in me it's kind of ridiculous. When Philip came back and he and Victor took Claire, I hated everything about that storyline. The whole thing made me angrier than any soap ever should. I feel the same way about this and EJ.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Well my DAYS aired just fine here despite the golf... gotta love the Central Time Zone. :)

This Chad guy and Mia don't have any chemistry so far as I can tell yet. And it bugs that he's like a foot and a half taller than her. I hope this "triangle" doesn't get too much airtime this summer.

This Daniel-Chloe-Kate mess just needs to die. Duh, Maggie, Chloe isn't over Daniel. She shouldn't be married to your nephew!!! He deserves better than this and I don't even really like Lucas. Why can't you or Kate get that? And why is this show dragging out this deader than a doornail storyline and not wrapping it up to move on to something new already? Chris deserves better than this.

Enjoyed the Grace aftermath a lot more today with the sanctimonious Brady Bunch already gone home. The EJ-Sami showdown continues to captivate me despite Rafe being there, probably because in these scenes he's just such a nonentity it seems like he's not there. Just love EJ and Sami's intensity when they're facing off. Glad Will thinks EJ has "every right" to do what he is doing. I could have even stood him to have acted even more bratty about it just to punish Sami and twist the knife in that much more. Enjoyed Will's scene with Lucas. Still think he should have been at the funeral but at least it was somewhat explained. I'm just so ready for this unbelievably wholesome and straight-laced kid given what a chaotic childhood he's had to go nuts as a troublemaker already.

I think my favorite part of those scenes though was Nicole walking in and Sami immediately jumping down her throat accusing her of orchestrating the custody fight. Even though she didn't orchestrate the lawsuit, it's just funny how Sami's instincts work and that you got to see her not wanting to blame this on EJ but convince herself that Nicole put him up to it and manipulated him into :lol: Oh Sami, if you only knew. And I love her later talk with Nicole getting pissed at that stupid lecture Nicole gave her about how wrong it was for her keeping the truth from everyone, and Sami's little taunt about how now EJ is focused on her and Grace rather than Nicole and Sydney. Because in Sami's mind, Nicole should be jealous of HER relationship with EJ even as she thinks that her baby with EJ is dead while Nicole's is alive and Nicole is married to him. :lol: The best part is Sami Brady really IS such a psycho possessive attention whore that this is logical to her and gives her comfort in this difficult time. :lol: I love it!

I love Ari trying her best to sell Nicole's grief, but I'm still just not really feeling it and it's coming off as crocodile tears to me.

aimees76
Member Avatar

ga68153

You are not alone, I feel the same way. :cheers:

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

aimees76
Jun 22 2009, 05:14 PM
ga68153

You are not alone, I feel the same way. :cheers:
I'm actually ok with it never being revealed Sydney is Sami's until Syd is an adult. I kinda get a kick out of the idea of Syd having these two parents who look like they just stepped off a runway, while she struggles with some of the same issues Sami had as a teen. Also, Sydney having this unexplained hatred for her "mother" Nicole as a teenager all the while giving Nicole hell.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

lysie
Jun 22 2009, 04:28 PM
For some reason, custody disputes really bother me. They bother me more than anything else involving the children. I'm not sure why. Unless I have some repressed memories, I was never directly involved in one, so for TV custody issues to stir up the kinds of feelings they do in me it's kind of ridiculous. When Philip came back and he and Victor took Claire, I hated everything about that storyline. The whole thing made me angrier than any soap ever should. I feel the same way about this and EJ.
Me too and I came from intact home. Maybe I have PTSD from the awful custody dispute between Lumi over Will.

I'm wondering about what people think of Mia who essentially did the same thing to Chad as Sami did to EJ?

Keith
Member Avatar

In Mia's defense, 1) she's just a kid. and 2) we don't yet know all the details. To me, it seems like Chad with sent to military school before she could tell him she was pregnant and she didn't want to burden him, or something. If that's not the case, well, like I said, she's young. She's apt to screw up and, unlike Sami, I don't see it as deliberate, at least not in the same way.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Look at it from the angle of a mother protecting her child at any cost and not as an impetuous thing. Mia (and I assume, cuz you're right we dont know too much about her story) wanted a better life for her child and recongnized she and Chad couldn't be good parents to Grace as teenagers. Mia played God in Chad and Graces lives too, a forgivable or unforgivable act really isn't the question.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I really hope this upcoming custody battle really brings out the old Sami back. I'm sick of Marlena-lite Sami, the victim. I want the schemer to peer her ugly head and really go after EJ. EJ and Sami are essentially the same person. EJ was written to be the male version of Sami. That's been stated several times in the past. So I want to see Sami pull out all of the stops to keep the thing that matters most to her and that's her children.

I also loved Sami instantly blaming Nicole. That's her MO. And I agree with IMA. I think a part of Sami doesn't want to blame EJ and think he's capable of taking her child, because he did love her in the past, so she went right after Nicole because it was easy. She has history of going against Nicole, so she's not really unfamiliar with blaming Nicole.

Speaking of Nicole, I don't know if these teary-eyed scenes are supposed to make us feel bad for Nicole and show some redemption, but I'm not buying it. All of this is her fault and I can't see how the bitch will ever be redeemed. I don't blame her for Grace's death, because that would've probably happen had Mia given her up or not. What I do blame Nicole for is putting all of these people through this tragedy. They could've all be spared if Nicole were just woman enough to accep that she lost her child and told EJ the truth. I can't wait until the bitch's lies are exposed.

As for Rafe, I try my best to ignore him and it's not hard at all the way the writers are writing him. To me, he comes off as nothing but Sami's little lap dog, following her around wherever she goes and offering comfort when she needs him. Waste of space if you ask me.

I don't mind Will siding with EJ against Sami because he feels that he and EJ are in the same boat. Sami lied to both of them, and I love that Will is rebelling against Sami. I really want Will to be come the town's next pariah, but I don't think that's going to happen, given the arrival of Chad, who is going to be the new bad boy, which is the role Will should own.

I refuse to comment on Chloe/Lucas/Daniel/Kate, but I must say I love the use of Ross Matthews as Chris. Get him away from this trainwreck of a storyline and pair him with Alison Sweeney.

I'm no fan of Chad so far. This is only his second airing, but I don't like how tall he is. Is that superficial? LOL! He's too tall that it's distracting when he's in scenes with Mia. And I still don't see why everyone makes such a big deal about the actress playing Mia. She comes off as bored with her material when she acts and is always monotone. Can this bitch emote at all?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply