Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Sara Bibel interviews Ari Zucker and Eric Martsolf
Topic Started: Jun 22 2009, 07:37 PM (1,014 Views)
Ellie

http://www.fancast.com/blogs/deep-soap/deep-soap-conclusions/

In the conclusion of my Days of Our Lives summer photo shoot interviews, I spoke with DOOLís Arianne Zucker (Nicole) and Eric Martsolf (Brady).

You were so good in the scenes surrounding Graceís death. How did you manage to make Nicole somewhat sympathetic and human given what she has done? How did you delve into playing such emotional scenes?

Zucker: Itís not difficult to feel the pain of a child passing. I donít know any human being who wouldnít be moved. You tap into it and itís there.

Stefano is on to Nicole now. Why is he letting her get away with passing off Samiís baby as her own?

Zucker: I wouldnít say heís letting her. Itís more that his son has his child. More important than anything for a DiMera is to have that DiMera blood. I actually did a good thing for the family.

Is there a part of Nicole that wants to tell Sami her baby is still alive?

Zucker: I think thereís a tremendous amount of guilt, but I donít think she really wants to tell her. She fell in love with that child.

How do you, as an actress, rationalize Nicoleís actions?

Zucker: Eleven years of doing things that are very irrational. You have to find ways to love your character. If you donít, then it shows.

Bradyís been Nicoleís reluctant confidant from the beginning. How does Graceís death affect him?

Martsolf: Since Iíve come on as Brady it was clear that through his rehabilitation, which has all been unseen, that somehow truth became really important to him. In order to be rehabilitated that way you have to be really honest. Being in this place made him want to help his friend, which through the weeks, developed into real feelings for this girl. I think the fans thought it kind of came out of the blue, but if you look at the circumstances and what he went through mentally, the connection to her makes sense. She wants that perfect picture. Brady wanted to tell her it ainít that perfect. Take another look at it.

Now heís moved on, and is spending time with Arianna. What does he see in her?

Zucker: Nothing!

Martsolf: Her feistiness. Right now, thereís a physical connection, they like to banter, but thereís going to be some circumstances that reveal why [they'd be a good match.] Theyíre two people feeling themselves out. They go against the couple grain. They donít want to be a couple right off the bat. Brady has this great monologue where he [says], ďWhy does everyone in Salem have to be in a couple? A single woman and a single guy, why does everyone have to push them together? Canít we just hang out?Ē Through that, they realize they have the same desire to maintain their independence. But you can only fight love for so long.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Quote:

Zucker: Nothing!

Exactly! :) :wub: Bricole :wub: :lol:

Keith
Member Avatar

Like the anti-couple thought from Martsolf, not sure he and Arianna are the right pair to do it with, though, lol.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Ugh. Please don't waste Brady on that nasty Arianne chick. :shame:

And Nicole has done a good thing for the family? Let's see if EJ agrees once he finds out the whole truth. :eyeroll:

lysie
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Jun 22 2009, 07:58 PM
Ugh. Please don't waste Brady on that nasty Arianne chick. :shame:

And Nicole has done a good thing for the family? Let's see if EJ agrees once he finds out the whole truth. :eyeroll:
After some of the things he's been saying, I think he might.

Alligato
Member Avatar

^ I agree. The lying and miscarriage will piss him off, but when it all is settled, he has his daughter, his heir, his flesh and blood...and Nicole went through all of that to give it to him.
And with his hatred of Sami right now and how she loathed him enough to keep his kid from him, I wouldn't be surprised if he at least appreciated that Nicole brought him is real daughter...even if through deciet.

I do love me some Bricole though. Not a fan of Brarianna yet.
Cute interview!

samixxx
Member Avatar

Stefano is on to Nicole now. Why is he letting her get away with passing off Samiís baby as her own?
Zucker: I wouldnít say heís letting her. Itís more that his son has his child. More important than anything for a DiMera is to have that DiMera blood. I actually did a good thing for the family.

Martsolf: Her feistiness. Right now, thereís a physical connection, they like to banter, but thereís going to be some circumstances that reveal why [they'd be a good match.] Theyíre two people feeling themselves out. They go against the couple grain. They donít want to be a couple right off the bat. Brady has this great monologue where he [says], ďWhy does everyone in Salem have to be in a couple? A single woman and a single guy, why does everyone have to push them together? Canít we just hang out?Ē Through that, they realize they have the same desire to maintain their independence. But you can only fight love for so long.

Thank you for the article Ellie! I love these two comments. :wub:

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Ellie
Jun 22 2009, 07:37 PM
Bradyís been Nicoleís reluctant confidant from the beginning. How does Graceís death affect him?

Martsolf: Since Iíve come on as Brady it was clear that through his rehabilitation, which has all been unseen, that somehow truth became really important to him. In order to be rehabilitated that way you have to be really honest. Being in this place made him want to help his friend, which through the weeks, developed into real feelings for this girl. I think the fans thought it kind of came out of the blue, but if you look at the circumstances and what he went through mentally, the connection to her makes sense. She wants that perfect picture. Brady wanted to tell her it ainít that perfect. Take another look at it.
1. I love veiled shots at the writers for not playing things out like they should.
2. No kidding. I definitely thought it came out of the blue; it didn't have to, but it did. Not that it matters since Brady/Arianna is the way they're going for now.

I always love Ari and EM, they're so funny and charming. I just wish the interviews had been longer.

Thanks for posting, Ellie!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply