Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
New Days Cast Photo
Topic Started: Jun 24 2009, 10:13 AM (3,900 Views)
Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Nicole Dimera
Jun 24 2009, 10:13 AM
Posted Image

I have to say I love how they have families together like Bope with their kid and Abe and Lexie with their kid. So cute. Love Ari and James pic. Love the whole photo. Joe is leaning on SC LOL. Have these two ever had scenes together? Poor Roman, when will he ever get a woman again?
Um, was this the closest the photographer could get? There is plenty of room to zoom in on them.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lastDays
Member Avatar

Paxton
Jun 24 2009, 10:15 AM
I love Renee's and Kristian's blouses. Everybody looks great!
They all look great! And yes I noticed the JM/SC poses.JM seems to be comfortable and chummy with SC B-) LK has an unfriendly look on her face

littlemony
Member Avatar
Queen of the Underground

This looks like a typical family picture... like they stopped someone in the park with a run of the mill Kodak 35mm and said "Oh, can you please take a picture of all of us?" lol.

We still don't know who Melanie's real mother is. Her mother has NEVER been mentioned. We may find out one day that she is related to Maggie. Maybe that is why they aren't hooking her up with Nathan off the bat.

lastDays
Member Avatar

Paxton
Jun 24 2009, 11:42 AM
I don't understand what you mean by Shelley and Jay being a little lost? They're in the center of the picture. I know you don't mean you can't see them but I guess I just don't get what you mean.

Is anybody else wondering what AS is doing with her right hand?
I swear it looks like she has her hand on Maggie's butt :lol:

mirabella

Paxton
I don't understand what you mean by Shelley and Jay being a little lost? They're in the center of the picture. I know you don't mean you can't see them but I guess I just don't get what you mean.

I think she is holding GG's right hand.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

I was assuming this would be more of a glamour shot! I like the nice setting, but it looks very unprofessional.

Shelley and Jay are in the center, but even for me, I kind of overlooked them. For some reason, they don't stand out at all in this pic.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

I was thinking just the other day about cast photos. In the past they used to take photos of the entire cast every year so I'm glad they have started with that again. But I like the old ones better.

lysie
Member Avatar

Ellie
Jun 24 2009, 12:01 PM
Paxton
Tweeting about the picture on her blackberry?
:lol:

What's sad is that's probably exactly what she's doing.

rocknrollchic
Member Avatar

lastDays
Jun 24 2009, 02:30 PM
Paxton
Jun 24 2009, 10:15 AM
I love Renee's and Kristian's blouses. Everybody looks great!
They all look great! And yes I noticed the JM/SC poses.JM seems to be comfortable and chummy with SC B-) LK has an unfriendly look on her face
Her reaction is probably b/c JM is all over her man SC. That's if they are still together or she still has 'feelings' for him.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Tripp
Jun 24 2009, 01:43 PM
Nicole Dimera
Posted Image

I have to say I love how they have families together like Bope with their kid and Abe and Lexie with their kid. So cute. Love Ari and James pic. Love the whole photo. Joe is leaning on SC LOL. Have these two ever had scenes together? Poor Roman, when will he ever get a woman again?
Um, was this the closest the photographer could get? There is plenty of room to zoom in on them.
They needed to include that children's playground on the far left. Higley will be writing a triangle for Ciara, Theo and the slide very soon. ;)

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

IMissAremid
Jun 24 2009, 06:07 PM
Tripp
Jun 24 2009, 01:43 PM
Nicole Dimera
Posted Image

They needed to include that children's playground on the far left. Higley will be writing a triangle for Ciara, Theo and the slide very soon. ;)
:laugh:

You better hope Days isn't searching around these parts for ideas or they just might take that one and promote it as some revolutionary story. The first under the age of 10 triangle in soaps :laugh: .

Seriously, you were right about CC coming back when you tossed that idea out so be careful about tossing ideas out there. :laugh:

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Anyone have this pic in HQ?

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

This picture looks so cheap! :lol:

I don't mind that the cast is in casual clothes and not glamorous gowns and tuxedos like they used to, but would it have hurt to have a backdrop in the background? Some type of white background would've been nice. And then just have the cast lined up or scattered around. That can't be that much money.

This just looks so poor. It looks like a fan wanted a group shot of the entire cast and they surprisingly agreed to it and lined up against a tree.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

We're lucky we got one at all because they don't seem to do them anymore. Hell, none of the shows do. Maybe because there are so many cuts nowadays. The show hasn't done this in a long time and I think they just decided to do one on a whim. I actually don't think it was planned like the ones in the past. This one seemed like they were all together for the promo pics and promo shooting and someone just decided to do one with everyone together since they aren't all together much.

It's better then nothing. I was never one for those classy ones anyway. To me, this seems more genuine and conveys a more close knit feel. i just wish they moved the camera a little to the right and didn't have the playground in the back. That would've made it better.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Jun 24 2009, 08:16 PM
To me, this seems more genuine and conveys a more close knit feel. i just wish they moved the camera a little to the right and didn't have the playground in the back. That would've made it better.
I think the word is CHEAP. :lol:

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I won't deny it's cheap but I like it LOL.

Then again, I also loved the cheesy Summer of Romance promo last year so there you go :laugh: .

pspcindy
Member Avatar

Ellie
Jun 24 2009, 12:02 PM
lysie
Jun 24 2009, 10:42 AM
This picture looks so cheap compared to previous cast pictures. It doesn't have a soap look to it.
I agree. I really miss those glamorous black tie photos they used to do. This one looks so messy. It's not even a good picture; it's taken too far back and I don't think it's staged well.
I agree 100%.

You can barely see the actor's faces.

Looks cheesy and done by an amateur.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Are we sure this is even the official cast photo?

I mean, it doesn't look like an official cast photo. Any idiot strolling through the park could've taken the same picture with a $50 Wal-Mart digicam. There's not much to it besides people and a flash.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kenny
Jun 24 2009, 08:41 PM
Are we sure this is even the official cast photo?

I mean, it doesn't look like an official cast photo. Any idiot strolling through the park could've taken the same picture with a $50 Wal-Mart digicam. There's not much to it besides people and a flash.
It probably isn't.

Days has not done one in ages. I don't think any soap does it anymore. The only multiple cast photos Days seems to do now are when they are celebrating something like 11,000 episodes or something and even then those don't include everyone.

As I said, I'm pretty sure they did this on the whim. I don't think they put this together with the intention of doing a complete cast photo. I think it just happened.

Alligato
Member Avatar

Ellie
Jun 24 2009, 12:01 PM
Paxton
Tweeting about the picture on her blackberry?
LMAO! Good one!

You know, I don't think I have seen a cast picture before, but y'all are right. This is kind of pathetic for a daytime television program on NBC. Looks very amateur, and yes, zoom in a bit. Plenty of room so we can make out who's who. Too funny that AS isn't front and center...she probably needed a full body pose to promote TBL. :)

Thanks for sharing ND!
Edited by Alligato, Jun 24 2009, 09:39 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply