Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: July Spoilers; July 7th issue
Topic Started: Jun 24 2009, 10:35 AM (9,170 Views)
Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

BradyDiva06
Jun 25 2009, 09:33 AM
To me Philip was never more pussified when he was married to Belle. He turned a blind eye to everything she did even cheating with his nephew. But I don't see Philip's love for stephanie as any different from any love in the past. When he's dating or in love with a woman he's instantly loyal. He never strays or cheats. It's when he is burned by that love he becomes the playboy and dates multiple girls. I love Philip's relationship with Stephanie because this is the first relationship to me where he doesn't have to worry about another man in the way. With Belle and Chloe they were in love with Shawn and Brady more. I felt that hurt his character when he chased behind them blindly when it was obvious they loved his nephews more. Sure Stephanie and him have problems no relationship is perfect. He doesn't have to doubt if she really loves him or worry about another man in the picture.
I hated Philip with Belle too. As far as him being a playboy dating multiple women after he's been burned . . . when was that? I don't recall him ever dating multiple women. The closest he came to that was when he was FWB with Chloe while using Morgan. Then when Chloe broke it off with him he stayed with Morgan and they were building that "romance," which I hated, until KR got fired.

You like Philip and Stephanie, which is fine. However, I have to say I don't get the point that "at least Philip doesn't have to worry about another man." That doesn't strike me as a huge point in Stephanie's favor. The problem for me is that (1) JKJ and SH have no romantic or sexual chemistry in my eyes, which I acknowledge is completely subjective but, less subjectively (2) Stephanie is extremely underwritten. She simply isn't interesting at all, which is a shame because she absolutely could be. I want better for Philip--shit, I want better for Stephanie--than a bland sugar cookie whose strongest asset is that she isn't in love with someone else.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LovingDays

i hope that melanie will not be with philip i want her with nathan and stephanie with philip pleaseeeeee

BradyDiva06
Member Avatar

Paxton
Jun 26 2009, 01:15 PM
BradyDiva06
Jun 25 2009, 09:33 AM
To me Philip was never more pussified when he was married to Belle. He turned a blind eye to everything she did even cheating with his nephew. But I don't see Philip's love for stephanie as any different from any love in the past. When he's dating or in love with a woman he's instantly loyal. He never strays or cheats. It's when he is burned by that love he becomes the playboy and dates multiple girls. I love Philip's relationship with Stephanie because this is the first relationship to me where he doesn't have to worry about another man in the way. With Belle and Chloe they were in love with Shawn and Brady more. I felt that hurt his character when he chased behind them blindly when it was obvious they loved his nephews more. Sure Stephanie and him have problems no relationship is perfect. He doesn't have to doubt if she really loves him or worry about another man in the picture.
I hated Philip with Belle too. As far as him being a playboy dating multiple women after he's been burned . . . when was that? I don't recall him ever dating multiple women. The closest he came to that was when he was FWB with Chloe while using Morgan. Then when Chloe broke it off with him he stayed with Morgan and they were building that "romance," which I hated, until KR got fired.

You like Philip and Stephanie, which is fine. However, I have to say I don't get the point that "at least Philip doesn't have to worry about another man." That doesn't strike me as a huge point in Stephanie's favor. The problem for me is that (1) JKJ and SH have no romantic or sexual chemistry in my eyes, which I acknowledge is completely subjective but, less subjectively (2) Stephanie is extremely underwritten. She simply isn't interesting at all, which is a shame because she absolutely could be. I want better for Philip--shit, I want better for Stephanie--than a bland sugar cookie whose strongest asset is that she isn't in love with someone else.
Well to me once Phillip ends a relationship he gets hurts and ends up with random people. When it was Chloe he bounced between cynthia, jan and even cassie (before they decided to make her his sister) then he ended up with Belle. When he ended with belle for good he went between chloe and morgan. Then it seemed they were going to decide to write him with Morgan and they just dropped the story.

What I meant about Philip not having to worry about another man is him not having to play second fiddle. To me Philip has alot going for him. It's ridiculous that he always has to play second fiddle in a triangle. He comes off as wimpy and needy to me when he was in the triangles in the past. I like he should not play second fiddle. With Stephanie he has someone that truly loves him.

To me Stephanie is interesting and developed. In fact I was not the biggest fan of Stephanie at all when she first came back. Especially when she was in her relationship with Jeremy. I was begged for a change or for her to be shipped out. I feel like they have developed her a lot and I feel her character is continuing to grow. To my eyes they have great romantic and sexual chemistry. There love scenes was one of the hottest love scnes to me. I admit my eyes might be subjective too. lol ;)

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

BradyDiva06
Jun 26 2009, 07:31 PM
What I meant about Philip not having to worry about another man is him not having to play second fiddle. To me Philip has alot going for him. It's ridiculous that he always has to play second fiddle in a triangle. He comes off as wimpy and needy to me when he was in the triangles in the past. I like he should not play second fiddle. With Stephanie he has someone that truly loves him.

I agree that he shouldn't have to play second fiddle; the problem for me is he hasn't sparked with anyone who had a clean slate with him, i.e., Morgan, Stephanie or Melanie. And again, that for me has a lot to do with age difference/life experience issues. I would enjoy seeing him tested with Arianna, because she's closer to his age and she strikes me as feisty and as someone who would legitimately have some class issues with Philip but might dig the advantages of a top shelf lifestyle. But again, for me it really comes down to not liking Philip when he's paired with someone he doesn't--for me--click with (and I actually like Shelley and I feel like the character of Stephanie has potential if they'd just write her a story). So right now, I don't FF when Philip's on but I can't even make myself pay attention. I have tried and tried, but I can't make myself interested in him and Stephanie. I vastly prefer Philip and Stephanie to Philip and Melanie, but I really would rather Philip be single than be with either. Which is a shame, because at one point I really was hoping they would try out Philip and Stephanie. They did, and for me, it just doesn't work. Which, needless to say, doesn't mean you can't enjoy them!
Edited by Paxton, Jun 26 2009, 07:50 PM.

ytumbler8
Member Avatar

Paxton
Jun 24 2009, 10:40 AM
Ellie
Jun 24 2009, 10:35 AM
- Philip feels rejected and makes a play for Melanie.

- Stephanie strikes up a friendship with Nathan.

UGH!!! I thought we were DONE with Phelony. This is nightmarish news.
me too i hate phelony. plus i thought that he loved steph, so why isnt he fighting for her, no instead he moves on to someone much younger, who is only interested in nathan, nursing school and getting philip back together with steph. i hope she rejects him

ytumbler8
Member Avatar

LovingDays
Jun 26 2009, 05:37 PM
i hope that melanie will not be with philip i want her with nathan and stephanie with philip pleaseeeeee
i 100% agree with you. mel and nathan are starting to develop a friendship that will hopefully lead to a romance, so philip shouldnt go looking mel "up and down" cause she will reject him. he should focus on getting back the "love of his life", unless he was lying?

if he loves her and wants to marry her then why isnt he fighting harder to get her back? its like hes giving up on her. he didnt do that before when they broke up, he kept going at it until he got her back.

BongoBonkers
Member Avatar

Philip feels rejected but surly with his looks he can do better then a teenager couldn't he???

ytumbler8
Member Avatar

pspcindy
Jun 24 2009, 10:43 AM
Thanks Ellie!

No spoilers about EJ or Bope. That is strange.

Odd that Stefano wants Sami and the bodyguard apart. I thought he wanted Sami well away from EJ and unavailable.
yea. especially with the custody hearing coming up.

you would think that stefano would want them together so ej keeps away from her, but i think he wants them apart cause rafes an ex-fbi agent and is snooping around. he is close to sami. so stefano knows that IF rafe finds out about nicole then sami will know and sydney may be taken from the dimera house to live with her real mother.

ytumbler8
Member Avatar

ValWri
Jun 24 2009, 10:39 PM
I just pulled this up...according to it Philip was born in 1995. I guess they do age quickly. haha
http://daysofourlives.about.com/od/characterprofiles/a/philipkiriakis.htm
well that would mean that im older than philip cause i was born in 1994. im almost 15 so philip would be 13 almost 14? and hes played off as like 30. wow.

imahrguru
Member Avatar

If I had to chose between Phillip and Stephanie and Phillip and Melanie I would choose the latter. They at least have similar morals. As for age, according to Days History Stephanie Johnson was born in 1991 and Phillip wasn't born until 1995...4 YEARS LATER... They just changed the history to make him look like the elder now.

I think that Stephanie should hook up with Nathan. They are both goody-two-shoes and he can save her from her addiction to pills. Plus, it may piss of Stephanie again which will make a nice dual between Stephanie and Melanie again.

As for EJami, I can't help it, I want them together. EJ becomes a better man when he's with Sami. Both of them have done plenty of evil things on their own, they have a history and a connection that goes back over 50 years...a true star-crossed love story.

angelatil
Member Avatar

Yeah I am a little surprised that Stefano wants to break up Sami and Rafe?? Why??? I mean, if Sami is with Rafe then she is away from EJ...is that not what Stefano wanted and has always wanted for the most part, Sami away from EJ??? This does not make any sense whatsoever!

I happen to like Philip and Melanie. I think they have great chemistry and they give off sparks all the time. I loved Daniel and Chelsea and never thought Daniel was too old for Chelsea so of course I am not going to think that Philip is too old for Melanie either. I think Philip and Melanie are more interesting to watch then Philip and Stephanie personally.

I am so sick of the Danloe storyline. I get that Kate wants revenge but omg. Just get the revenge and end this couple! Also, wasn't Lucas supposed to have remembered the affair like...a month ago now???? He still does not remember?

All in all, I loved last July. This July is just crap. And yet the ratings are still in third...has anyone yet to figure out why or how???

leah09
Member Avatar

Dansea?? They are done, aren't they?
Max is asking to wed Chelsea during tomorrow's show (btw, can these people just LEAVE already? :puke: ).

I think Stefano wants to break up Sami and Rafe because Rafe is getting too close to the baby-switch truth. If he is away from Sami, he won't feel the need to probe any longer.

As far as Danloe, I'm looking forward to the upcoming scenes...Chloe on her death-bed, Daniel in jail, the Brady/Daniel & Philip/Daniel interaction. It's pretty sad that Lucas is nowhere to be seen in any of these spoilers...well, just like this SL, he's barely involved. :shrug:

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

angelatil
Jul 5 2009, 04:17 PM
I happen to like Philip and Melanie. I think they have great chemistry and they give off sparks all the time. I loved Daniel and Chelsea and never thought Daniel was too old for Chelsea so of course I am not going to think that Philip is too old for Melanie either. I think Philip and Melanie are more interesting to watch then Philip and Stephanie personally.

Um, no. I don't get Dena's affinity for inappropriate age relationships. Chan was the first start of it (and went on too long, making the days of our lives miserable the whole time). I'm sure Phelony will not be the last, but since the show foolishly is reminding us between commercials, JKJ started playing a teenaged Philip 10 years ago. Now he's aged but apparently the show thinks it's proper for him to continue dating them? Is Dena ever going to learn?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply