Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member suffering succotash in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: July Spoilers; July 7th issue
Topic Started: Jun 24 2009, 10:35 AM (11,207 Views)
Sariah
Member Avatar

Paxton
Jun 24 2009, 10:40 AM
Ellie
Jun 24 2009, 10:35 AM
- Philip feels rejected and makes a play for Melanie.

- Stephanie strikes up a friendship with Nathan.

UGH!!! I thought we were DONE with Phelony. This is nightmarish news. Oh good heavens, please SPARE ME Philip/Stephanie/Melanie/Nathan quad. Which of these things is not like the other one, which of these things just doesn't belong? Why, it's Philip, an actual grownup who I want to have an actual grownup romance with an actual grownup woman. :puke:

But, thanks for posting Ellie!
I'm with you Paxton - I can't figure out why Days seems incapable of putting Philip with an age appropriate woman. I guess I should at least be glad they had Stephanie finally graduate college - but isn't Melanie just out of high school?

I keep thinking JKJ just can't be happy about this. He didn't like being part of the teen scene the first go-round and wanted more mature storylines...and now here he is seven years later after he first left and dating girls the same age as before.

Plus, so far (IMO), Philip and Melanie have had a zero on the chemistry scale (although the show seems not to care since he has no chemistry with Stephanie either). At this point I'd rather see him with MM's Belle again (which isn't my first choice since I do prefer him with Chloe and I don't want him to be on the losing end of a triangle again which he would be if Shawn were in the picture) than be stuck with any more little girls.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sariah
Member Avatar

Quote:

Technically they should be in college right now but they can't do that because it only highlights how Philip ISN'T in college and looks seedy if he starts hanging around college campus to see his girlfriend. Can you imagine the CEO of any corporation doing that?

Shades of Phorgan there - I remember them sitting at the Brady Pub while she did her homework and didn't know how to spell "personnel." I also loved the way Higley used to get her digs in at the pairing by having characters like Chloe and Nicole make bitchy comments about Philip trolling the campus for girls. It was ridiculous with Morgan, it's ridiculous with Stephanie. Both girls were no match for him in maturity or life experience.

Quote:

I'm pretty sure he's still missing the leg...

I thought I read something where he said they told him to stop limping - like the missing leg is just gone. Which is too bad, because it had some great emotional possibilities. Like in the plane crash where he was embarrassed for Chloe to see him detach it, but hiding how he felt about it. Good stuff. Yet another opportunity wasted.

And I agree that Philip is being destroyed. Days has a tendency to dumb down their men. Philip should be smart. He should be a natural strategist, understanding risk and always on his guard. He should have major emotional trauma in the love department and be full of mistrust and not able to connect with anyone. There is so much from his past that should be guiding his present life...but none of it is there.

I know Philip's not the only one this has happened to, but he's the character I care about the most so it bothers me the most. :)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply