Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: Steph to Philip: I can't marry you!; July 7th issue; Article Summary
Topic Started: Jun 24 2009, 10:53 AM (2,085 Views)
Sariah
Member Avatar

px780
Jun 24 2009, 08:18 PM
Where is Kate? Shouldn't Kate be around here somewhere manipulating Stephanie, deciding whether she's worthy, beating her ass for hurting Kate's spawn?
I've always hated that they didn't make Kate as invested with Philip's girls as they did with Lucas. I'd love to see her take Stephanie out. :D
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

pspcindy
Member Avatar

thanks for posting Ellie.

In theory Philip and Stephanie should have worked. But in reality, I was bored silly. Despite the K's not getting the extreme labels that the DeMeras do, they are much the same-mobsters. All Stephanie can do is wank and complain about Philip's life. Shut up and leave already.

I really thought the show wasted the Chloe/Philip reunion by making it so fast and so free of drama. I loved them when Chloe was the outcast that Philip could not help falling for.

But, since I am in a coma watching Miss Goody Two Shoe and Philip I guess we won't be free of them until the show goes off the air. Darn Owen for letting her out of that drawer.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Sariah
Jun 24 2009, 08:36 PM
px780
Where is Kate? Shouldn't Kate be around here somewhere manipulating Stephanie, deciding whether she's worthy, beating her ass for hurting Kate's spawn?
I've always hated that they didn't make Kate as invested with Philip's girls as they did with Lucas. I'd love to see her take Stephanie out. :D
I doubt Kate could get away with as much of the plotting and scheming to break up Phillip from his love affairs even if she wanted to. Lucas is soft! Phillip is a lot more like Victor, very upfront, aggressive and aware.

Mason

Jinxie
Jun 24 2009, 09:30 PM
Phillip is a lot more like Victor, very upfront, aggressive and aware.
Too bad he's not that way with his women. Maybe then we wouldn't still be on this break-up/make-up merry-go-round.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Mason
Jun 24 2009, 09:31 PM
Jinxie
Jun 24 2009, 09:30 PM
Phillip is a lot more like Victor, very upfront, aggressive and aware.
Too bad he's not that way with his women. Maybe then we wouldn't still be on this break-up/make-up merry-go-round.
Much like a lot of the men on DAYS, he will never settle down with one woman.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Sariah
Jun 24 2009, 08:36 PM
px780
Didn't Kate either fudge DNA tests or know the truth about Claire not being Phillip's biological daughter and keep that from everyone to keep Phelle together back in the Kyle Brandt days?

I do think Lucas has always had Kate more in his business though, probably because she was his only parent that was ever around and because Phillip never showed any interest in Sami.

Quote:

I really thought the show wasted the Chloe/Philip reunion by making it so fast and so free of drama. I loved them when Chloe was the outcast that Philip could not help falling for.

I loved Phloe back in the day and would have been looking forward to a Phillip/Chloe/Shawn/Belle quad following her return had the show been able to pursue that but unfortunately Shelle were shipped off just when I was starting to like them again. I think the show missed a lot of potential in doing that then as well as missed out playing out the Phloe/Broe stuff which they pretty much seemed to wrap up super quick to go full speed into Luloe and then Danloe. I really don't get it.

sungrey

Personally, I think the show made a big mistake dropping Wes Ramsey so quickly. He may return down the road, but I would have liked to see if Owen/Stephanie had any lasting charisma (or Owen's brother and Stephanie)

mandy

sungrey
Jun 25 2009, 07:58 AM
Personally, I think the show made a big mistake dropping Wes Ramsey so quickly. He may return down the road, but I would have liked to see if Owen/Stephanie had any lasting charisma (or Owen's brother and Stephanie)
I agree with you. When he appeared in Salem, I was convinced he was meant for Stephanie -- and I was thrilled about that. I don't understand why they bothered to bring Wes in to play this role when they could have used just anybody. I believe somebody from Days mentioned that since Darin was leaving, Wes would end up getting more air time. Well, what happened with that? (I guess he got more air time in May than Darin?) From what I've read, TPTB really liked him and were supposedly trying to figure out what they can do with him. Since they are bringing in all of these new cast members, maybe they can't afford him even if they want to keep him. I hope that's not the case. I'd prefer to see Wes return as Owen's twin brother. I don't think Owen can be redeemed enough to have people root for Owen & Stephanie as a couple.

Mason

sungrey
My only regret in regards to Owen is that he didn't take Stephanie with him.

Cupcake06

Mason
Jun 25 2009, 10:57 AM
sungrey
My only regret in regards to Owen is that he didn't take Stephanie with him.
:laugh:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply