Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD and SOW: Crystal Chappell discusses her return as Carly; July 7th issues
Topic Started: Jun 24 2009, 11:08 AM (2,652 Views)
Alligato
Member Avatar

If Carly isn't coming back to break up Bope, then who is this gorgeous, smart, sassy woman coming back for? Surely not Roman! I will be pissed if they waste her on Roman.
Probably for Dr. Dan. Carly was a doctor, wasn't she? Maybe EJ?

Maybe nobody?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kenny
Jun 24 2009, 02:35 PM
PhoenixRising05
Jun 24 2009, 02:24 PM
If she didn't want to be there, she wouldn't be there. She could've found other work.
She said it herself. "I have to work."

I'm sure that's all this is to her. A paycheck.
Yeah because she likes to work. Sure, the paycheck is great but I'm sure they are doing ok. She's worked nonstop for a long time. Her husband has done things here and there and he also did construction work for awhile at one point. I don't think they are hurting.

My point is she didn't have to go to Days. She chose to go. Another soap definitely would've picked her up, especially since she is one to accept a reduced salary. I doubt she is taking this job for just the money. I do think she wasn't in love with what Carly became in her first stint so I see that as a big reason why she wants to change her. That is fine. I mean, she wants room to reinvent the character and there is nothing wrong with that.

I also think that she doesn't want to shatter GL fans either because there was hope for awhile of a pickup elsewhere or maybe moving to an online venue. She is the first one to get another job and that pretty much cemented GL's fate because if she's bolting, that means the show is done because she would've stayed otherwise. She spoke herself about how hard it was going to work and looking at everyone since she was the first one to find other work. It was awkward because it pretty much meant the end. I think she is just trying to walk a delicate line here.

Taelyn

Also .. If Danloe does not happen, Dr Dan is closer in age to Dr Carly Manning and that could be an interesting pairing.

Taelyn

Yeah I wasnt sure what year Kate gave birth, but either way even with the Soras Phil will be too young for her. They have never really cemented Dan's age.. though he obviously has a wide range of likes.. everything from Chels, who seemed young enough to be his daughter, to Kate .. and now Chloe who is probably playing late 20's early 30's... IRL I think SC is close to 40 so him being with Carly would be cool.

Harmony233

darraholic
Jun 24 2009, 11:18 AM
I can see Carly having a bit of a edge after being married to Lawrence. When Carly lost her memory after being buried she was bitchy.
I don't know why but I really enjoyed when she lost her memory and was being bitchy.She actually sounded like an Alamain.LOL I wouldn't expect her to be like her character Olivia.But I can see her having an edge.I mean being married to Lawernce and being buried alive.I mean I just can't see her as that same naive woman that she was before.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Alligato
Jun 24 2009, 04:38 PM
Maybe nobody?
What about that Justin guy? I don't know Carly's family connections. Is she related to him (um, closely related)?

Quote:

I think she is just trying to walk a delicate line here.

And she seems to be doing quite well. It can't be easy at all to be part of a big story on a dead show and need to start pimping a relatively big return on a show that's not-quite-dead.

Can't wait to read the discussion when she's actually around, when the character is more...concrete.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply