Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Promo for week of June 29th; What is the big secret that can come between Rafe and Sami?
Topic Started: Jun 26 2009, 07:24 PM (2,754 Views)
Ellie

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ellie

YouTube added.

Seriously, I would like to nominate this one for worst promo ever. :thumbsup:

- Nothing happens in the promo,
- the announcer even sounds bored,
- yet the subtitle of the promo tells you what's going to happen in the story anyway.

Mason

You would think that Sami is the only damn character on this show, with the way every single promo is focused on her!

And I couldn't care less what secret Rafe is hiding. Actually, I couldn't care less about Rafe period.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Why do they even bother putting together promos anymore? Each time, they get shorter and less fascinating, as if they don't care.

Ellie

Jinxie
Jun 26 2009, 07:38 PM
Each time, they get shorter and less fascinating, as if they don't care.
I know, right? It's like they're just going through the motions. Do they want people to watch the show or not?

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't care about this story even if I didn't read spoilers. First, I'm so beyond over Sami I can't even see straight and second, even if I were a Sami/Rafe fan could I really get that worked up and worried over him visiting a dead woman's grave? I mean, a dead woman is no competition and since I doubt there's even a 0.00000001% chance Rafe killed her or is otherwise responsible in some way for her death, I care about this, why?

But thanks for posting Ellie!

mirabella

Thanks for posting, Ellie. That looks pretty hot to me so I will be enjoying watching next week.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

I hatehatehatehatehatehatehate...SAMI!!! It's like four promos in a row about her?!

Can AS get another NBC show so she can quit this one...please?! Maybe I'll even watch it if it gets her to leave DAYS and go somewhere else!
Liz
Edited by Liz<3Days, Jun 26 2009, 08:17 PM.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Bad and boring promo. Thanks, Ellie!

pspcindy
Member Avatar

Color me confused. I thought Sami was bereft with grief over losing Grace and Johnny in successive blows. Now she is rolling in the hay with Mr. Buttinski.

I guess the answer is that Grace and Johnny are last week's news. Now on to more important things-sex that bores me to tears.

Can we not have more than two steps forward in the storylines before we mire down in the lusterlessness that is SNORE uh SAFE?

Really shoving this guy down our throats is not going to make me like him-quite the reverse. Sorry but this is not even mediocre.

thanks Ellie.

Manda1

Well as a fan of both Ali, Galen and Safe I am really looking forward to next week! :wub:

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

As much as I like SAFE let someone else be the focus of a PROMO.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jane1978

Well, itīs not up to us to decide who should be promoted. The promos are done for NBC and NBC has right to say what they think is the biggest draw. Ali is their star now so it makes sense they want to center on her whenever possible.

As for the promo, I donīt think itīs so bad. The who is Emily mystery is slowly built practically from the moment we met Arianna and the promo says Sami will finally confront him. People who care about the story or Rafe/Sami should be intriqued. It doesnīt matter if the woman is dead (And do we know for sure she is really dead?). Visiting mystery grave on soaps always means trouble.

lastDays
Member Avatar

Mason
Jun 26 2009, 07:35 PM
You would think that Sami is the only damn character on this show, with the way every single promo is focused on her!

And I couldn't care less what secret Rafe is hiding. Actually, I couldn't care less about Rafe period.
You just pointed out something I agree with whole-heartedly .I couldn't give a damn about SAFE and I'm sick of them being shoved down our throats every effing episode :puke:

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

pspcindy
Jun 26 2009, 09:07 PM
Color me confused. I thought Sami was bereft with grief over losing Grace and Johnny in successive blows. Now she is rolling in the hay with Mr. Buttinski.

I guess the answer is that Grace and Johnny are last week's news. Now on to more important things-sex that bores me to tears.

Can we not have more than two steps forward in the storylines before we mire down in the lusterlessness that is SNORE uh SAFE?

Really shoving this guy down our throats is not going to make me like him-quite the reverse. Sorry but this is not even mediocre.

thanks Ellie.
Preach it, sista!!! :hail: :hail:

ytumbler8
Member Avatar

Jinxie
Jun 26 2009, 07:38 PM
Why do they even bother putting together promos anymore? Each time, they get shorter and less fascinating, as if they don't care.
same here. the promos are suppose to get you interested in next week. as far as im concerned i would rather see a chloe/daniel/lucas/kate or steph/mel/philip/nathan s/l

Nicole Walker

I can't stand the announcers voice. Where's the old one that used to do the promos?

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Overall, I feel that the promos are just slapped together last minute.

Manny
Member Avatar

Person doing promos at NBC/Days should be fired. Or the person who authorized this.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Nicole Dimera
Jun 27 2009, 10:46 AM
I can't stand the announcers voice. Where's the old one that used to do the promos?
I think that guy died.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_LaFontaine

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply