Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Promo for week of June 29th; What is the big secret that can come between Rafe and Sami?
Topic Started: Jun 26 2009, 07:24 PM (2,753 Views)
px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I think the promo is brilliant.

As boring as Rafe may be, it was genius to bring Luis (Passions) to Salem (give him a sister who may be paired with Ethan- even better!). The show had a small but stable audience of people who will watch ANYTHING, and ultimately that's the kind of people you want to attract.

Slap together a quick promo of Luis and some blond woman- you can trick people into thinking it's still Passions, and you get those (possibly high) people who will watch whatever you put on-screen. No offense to Passions fans- I was one of you for a good long time- but really...we watched pretty much anything they did.

I think they're making the most of their crappy $2 promo. Where do these things air, anyway? Just YouTube and, y'know, here...when someone posts it directly?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

samixxx
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting the promos. I am looking forward to learning more about Rafe's past, and the Safe lovin' looks good too :wub:

soccerandtvgirl

Wow..can someone please nominate that for worst promo in history?

Someone in that department needs to be fired.

And I really love Sami and AS I think it's someone else's turn on the promo. I'm getting tired of just her storyline. I do have another favorite characters besides her.

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

Ellie
Jun 26 2009, 07:32 PM
YouTube added.

Seriously, I would like to nominate this one for worst promo ever. :thumbsup:

- Nothing happens in the promo,
- the announcer even sounds bored,
- yet the subtitle of the promo tells you what's going to happen in the story anyway.
I'll second that nomination.

Shouldn't these be promo's that make people wanna actually, I dunno, WATCH it?
Edited by SpriteEyes, Jun 27 2009, 08:43 PM.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

soccerandtvgirl
Jun 27 2009, 07:18 PM
Wow..can someone please nominate that for worst promo in history?

They appear to get more and more worse each week.

Ellie

px780
Jun 27 2009, 02:08 PM
As boring as Rafe may be, it was genius to bring Luis (Passions) to Salem (give him a sister who may be paired with Ethan- even better!). The show had a small but stable audience of people who will watch ANYTHING, and ultimately that's the kind of people you want to attract.
LOL! I love your posts.

leah09
Member Avatar

DULLEST
PROMO
EVER

(and that's saying something)

Kenny
Member Avatar

"This week on Days of Our Lives... some kinda bullshit. The end."

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

^ More like....next on DAYS OF SAMI'S LIFE.... :puke:
Liz

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

And THAT bullshit,is suppose to make me want to watch??Thank God,I will be baking, walking around the Atlanta Zoo,and Six Flags next week,,watching the animals lick themselved in the 100 degree Ga heat or stand in line for a two second ride,,beats watching this snorefest paw at each other..oh yeah..my kid just died,lets get it on,with my snoozeworthy bodyguard...NO THANKS

Faye

ohmygosh the most DULL promo EVER! i'm so sick of sami. go away you centerofeverything and never come back! oh i almost forgot. take your hypocrite family and rafe with ya. we're not gonna miss you. peace.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

I love the consensus among practically everyone here! This promo has definitely hit an all-time low.

Mason

What's sad is that NBC used to have the best promos around. Then again, the material that was featured in them used to be a lot better, too.

Taelyn

I agree the Promo is way too short. Promo's are suppossed to draw us in and wett our appetite for the show.

Ofcourse I dont mind the content aside from not enough of it.. Since many here dont like Safe they wont like the Promo, but for those of us who Love Safe we enjoy the prospect of more Sami and Rafe.
Im sure the consenses would be different if EJ and Sami were in that promo.. no matter how short.

But I do understand because I hated when everyday was about EJ, and he was shoved down my throat every day for over a year.. I enjoy him much more in tempered doses, and away from Sami.

So its all in the content.

But still, all the promos are too short.
Edited by Taelyn, Jun 29 2009, 02:28 AM.

jeanneshuis
Member Avatar

loving SAFE ;)

Mason

Taelyn
Jun 29 2009, 02:26 AM
Im sure the consenses would be different if EJ and Sami were in that promo.. no matter how short.
You mean the non-couple that's swallowed this show whole over the past couple years? No thanks.

mirabella

I loved the promo. Love the hot scenes and can't wait to learn more about Rafe.

daysknowitall
Member Avatar

The writers know SAFE is hot right now that's why they are focus so much on them and the fanbase is soaring! That's why the promo from week 2 week lately usually focuses on Sami/Rafe. People deny it because they hold a love for a different couple but reality is SAFE is the IT right now and think it's just building more n more. I personally love the couple. I was so tired of the Ej/Lucas/Sami triangle. It needed something fresh and back to romance the way DAYS use to be when it rocked! I think it's heading back to the good ole days, thank goodness someone woke up! I'm ready for the days of SUPERCOUPLES again. Like when JACK/JEN use to be on every other promo. I have a feeling SAFE is gonna take us there. :applause:
Edited by daysknowitall, Jun 29 2009, 11:03 PM.

Mason

tiffany8053
Jun 29 2009, 11:01 PM
The writers know SAFE is hot right now that's why they are focus so much on them and the fanbase is soaring! That's why the promo from week 2 week lately usually focuses on Sami/Rafe. People deny it because they hold a love for a different couple
Umm...no. I don't care for ANY pairing involving Sami Brady, whether it's Rafe, E.J., Lucas, or anyone else from her harem of men.

And Rafe...well, Rafe just isn't worth the gum off of my shoe.

And I'm sorry, but to compare Rafe and Sami to Jack and Jennifer is just laughable.
Edited by Mason, Jun 29 2009, 11:16 PM.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

tiffany8053
Jun 29 2009, 11:01 PM
The writers know SAFE is hot right now that's why they are focus so much on them and the fanbase is soaring! That's why the promo from week 2 week lately usually focuses on Sami/Rafe. People deny it because they hold a love for a different couple but reality is SAFE is the IT right now and think it's just building more n more. I personally love the couple. I was so tired of the Ej/Lucas/Sami triangle. It needed something fresh and back to romance the way DAYS use to be when it rocked! I think it's heading back to the good ole days, thank goodness someone woke up! I'm ready for the days of SUPERCOUPLES again. Like when JACK/JEN use to be on every other promo. I have a feeling SAFE is gonna take us there. :applause:
The days of supercouples are dead and gone and ain't never coming back no matter who Sami is paired with.

And I'd hardly consider a couple that came together deciding to adopt a child together after ONE date that had all its sex scenes accompanied by a sick infant as taking the show "back to romance the way DAYS use to be when it rocked."

The love in the afternoon I remember fondly had a bit more build up, mystery and excitement involved.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply