Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Promo for week of June 29th; What is the big secret that can come between Rafe and Sami?
Topic Started: Jun 26 2009, 07:24 PM (2,799 Views)
daysknowitall
Member Avatar

Mason
Jun 29 2009, 11:08 PM
tiffany8053
Jun 29 2009, 11:01 PM
The writers know SAFE is hot right now that's why they are focus so much on them and the fanbase is soaring! That's why the promo from week 2 week lately usually focuses on Sami/Rafe. People deny it because they hold a love for a different couple
Umm...no. I don't care for ANY pairing involving Sami Brady, whether it's Rafe, E.J., Lucas, or anyone else from her harem of men.

And Rafe...well, Rafe just isn't worth the gum off of my shoe.

And I'm sorry, but to compare Rafe and Sami to Jack and Jennifer is just laughable.
:blah: :blah: Sure thing. It's honest n hit a nerve I think!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason

tiffany8053
Jun 30 2009, 06:56 AM
:laugh:

It'll take a lot more than you hit any nerves in me. Better posters have tried and failed.
Edited by Mason, Jun 30 2009, 09:13 AM.

darraholic
Member Avatar
Pennsatucky

mirabella
Jun 29 2009, 11:16 AM
I loved the promo. Love the hot scenes and can't wait to learn more about Rafe.
I must of missed the hot scenes because all I saw were two people standing by a grave.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

IMissAremid
Jun 29 2009, 11:46 PM
tiffany8053
The writers know SAFE is hot right now that's why they are focus so much on them and the fanbase is soaring! That's why the promo from week 2 week lately usually focuses on Sami/Rafe. People deny it because they hold a love for a different couple but reality is SAFE is the IT right now and think it's just building more n more. I personally love the couple. I was so tired of the Ej/Lucas/Sami triangle. It needed something fresh and back to romance the way DAYS use to be when it rocked! I think it's heading back to the good ole days, thank goodness someone woke up! I'm ready for the days of SUPERCOUPLES again. Like when JACK/JEN use to be on every other promo. I have a feeling SAFE is gonna take us there. :applause:
The days of supercouples are dead and gone and ain't never coming back no matter who Sami is paired with.

And I'd hardly consider a couple that came together deciding to adopt a child together after ONE date that had all its sex scenes accompanied by a sick infant as taking the show "back to romance the way DAYS use to be when it rocked."

The love in the afternoon I remember fondly had a bit more build up, mystery and excitement involved.

ICAM! The rushed ILUs and forced sex screams interim couple to me. If the intention were to give Safe any staying power I think they would have given them much more buildup and romance. Starting a romance based on a lie does not seem like the stuff super couples are made of. But just as you said - those days are long over.

Alligato
Member Avatar

I would have much rather see Sami go into deep depression or some kind of extreme take over guilt or something, and lose her mind, and have one of her men, hell, even Lucas, bring her back to reality.
Her baby died...shouldn't there be some kind of mental consequences? Heck, even Stephanie got locked in a morgue drawer and got hooked onto pills in a few days.

I just find it silly that she is focusing on Rafe and his girly past instead of her kids or her screwed up-ness.

But in all fairness, I'll take Safe any day over Kate poisoning Chloe for Lucas or Bope having a vision. I'll even take Safe over Stephanie breaking up with Phillip for the 10th time. Look at it that way, Safe isn't so bad. JMO! :)

Mason

Eh...I think its just easier to say the whole show sucks, LoL.

Alligato
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Jun 30 2009, 09:48 AM
Starting a romance based on a lie does not seem like the stuff super couples are made of.
That doesn't bode well for Ejami then.
I don't mind the lie. It can make a couple exciting and passionate.
I don't enjoy Safe because it happened too blandly. I never bought Rafe ever falling for Sami when she was just so unlikably and whiny. I could, however, buy Sami falling for Rafe as he called her on her shit then proceeded to kiss her ass at every chance. Sami loves it when men do that...its the only way she can come close to falling for them.
They don't have any angst, longing, "can't be together but we want to" etc. THAT makes a yummy daytime couple...except if they go overboard with it, i.e. Danloe.

But, for some reason, I'll take Safe over Luloe or Stephillip.
JMO, of course. ;)

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

I agree with the first part of your statement. Sami just lost two of her children and rather than focus on that - she's chasing down Rafe's ex's and falling in to bed with him within a day or so later? Really?

At the moment, there's not much of anything on this show I care to watch. I realize it can all be riveting drama or sweeping romance all the time - but shouldn't at least one of the currect storylines offer some semblance of that?

I'd rather watch Ciara color or Caroline make chowder than any of the crap they are offering up this week.

Alligato
Member Avatar

When does Sami sleep with Rafe again? I hadn't read that spoiler. Actually based on spoilers, I am not sure what is going to happen with those two. And this promo really doesn't help out much.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

Alligato
Jun 30 2009, 10:11 AM
SocRMum1
Jun 30 2009, 09:48 AM
Starting a romance based on a lie does not seem like the stuff super couples are made of.
That doesn't bode well for Ejami then.
I don't mind the lie. It can make a couple exciting and passionate.
I don't enjoy Safe because it happened too blandly. I never bought Rafe ever falling for Sami when she was just so unlikably and whiny. I could, however, buy Sami falling for Rafe as he called her on her shit then proceeded to kiss her ass at every chance. Sami loves it when men do that...its the only way she can come close to falling for them.
They don't have any angst, longing, "can't be together but we want to" etc. THAT makes a yummy daytime couple...except if they go overboard with it, i.e. Danloe.

But, for some reason, I'll take Safe over Luloe or Stephillip.
JMO, of course. ;)
I completely agree. It didn't bode well for EJami. I believe TPTB did not intend for EJami to wind up as a viable couple when EJ first came on the scene as a DiMera. It was only after the chemistry was so apparent between AS and JS and the fan base become so vocal and active that things began to change. I think the reason we are sitting here more than three years later and still working toward the eventual EJami pairing is that they've taken so much time undoing the damage that was done initially.

No doubt there are many fans who don't think it can be undone and will never accept them as a pairing, but that's true of every couple on every show. There are always people who dislike a couple for any number of reasons.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

Alligato
Jun 30 2009, 10:17 AM
When does Sami sleep with Rafe again? I hadn't read that spoiler. Actually based on spoilers, I am not sure what is going to happen with those two. And this promo really doesn't help out much.
It happens on tomorrow's US show.

lysie
Member Avatar

tiffany8053
The writers know SAFE is hot right now that's why they are focus so much on them and the fanbase is soaring! That's why the promo from week 2 week lately usually focuses on Sami/Rafe. People deny it because they hold a love for a different couple but reality is SAFE is the IT right now and think it's just building more n more. I personally love the couple. I was so tired of the Ej/Lucas/Sami triangle. It needed something fresh and back to romance the way DAYS use to be when it rocked! I think it's heading back to the good ole days, thank goodness someone woke up! I'm ready for the days of SUPERCOUPLES again. Like when JACK/JEN use to be on every other promo. I have a feeling SAFE is gonna take us there. :applause:
I don't hold a love for any of the current couples on the show. You can blah blah all over that if you want to, but it's not going to change my feelings. The promos the last several weeks have not focused just on SAFE. EJAMI have been a big focus, too. I hate all three of them. It's just a crappy promo. If they had put this promo together like this with Bo and Hope, it still would have been crappy. I'd have liked it better only because someone different would have been in it.

And the supercouple writing is gone. It's been gone for years. They don't even write the supercouples as supercouples anymore. They like to have warring fanbases because it keeps people talking (though it pisses people off and alienates fans eventually) and gives them more options with the characters because they are not capable of writing happy couples, and they no longer do adventure stories.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Mason
Jun 30 2009, 09:06 AM
tiffany8053

It'll take a lot more than you hit any nerves in me. Better posters have tried and failed.
:lol:

Tiffany, take it from someone with more than 12 posts and who has been at DR longer than two months...

Mason is NOT kidding when he says his loathing for Safe has nothing to do with him holding a love for another Sami Brady pairing.

But thanks for the laugh.

daysknowitall
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
Jun 30 2009, 12:22 PM
Mason
Jun 30 2009, 09:06 AM
tiffany8053

Tiffany, take it from someone with more than 12 posts and who has been at DR longer than two months...

Mason is NOT kidding when he says his loathing for Safe has nothing to do with him holding a love for another Sami Brady pairing.

But thanks for the laugh.

:wave: Definate nerve hitting. To much protest...LMAO :lol: I find it hilarious and amusing. :popcorn: Oh n Bravo on your over 2 month participation, relevant indeed... :cheer:

:wink:

Mason

"Definate" spelling suckage. :wink:
Edited by Mason, Jun 30 2009, 07:18 PM.

daysknowitall
Member Avatar

Mason
Jun 30 2009, 07:14 PM
"Definate" spelling suckage. :wink:
Another relevant point...LMAO :applause: :smooch:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply