Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tom & Alice tribute on 15th anniversary of Tom's funeral (6/29/94)
Topic Started: Jun 28 2009, 10:46 PM (746 Views)
Jason47
Member Avatar

Visit http://www.jason47.com for a special tribute to Tom and Alice Horton on the 15th anniversary of Tom's funeral from June 29, 1994. Episode # 7313, June 29, 1994, was a sad day for all of Salem and for all "Days" fans. Dr. Tom Horton's funeral aired that day. As we reach the 15th anniversary of the day the episode aired, take a few moments and watch some clips of Tom's funeral. In a special tribute to honor Macdonald Carey, Bill Hayes (Doug) sings one of Mac's favorite songs, "Danny Boy", which was also sung by the cast and crew at the studio on the day Mac died. Memories of Tom are shared by Frances Reid (Alice), John Clarke (Mickey), Marie Cheatham (Marie), Suzanne Rogers (Maggie), Christopher Stone (Bill), Melissa Reeves (Jennifer), Thaao Penghlis (Tony), Wayne Northrop (Roman), Patsy Pease (Kimberly), Deidre Hall (Marlena), Bill Hayes (Doug), Susan Seaforth Hayes (Julie) and Robert Kelker-Kelly (Bo). As the funeral concludes, the cast sings "Amazing Grace." Ten-year-old Mila Kunis (later to play Jackie for many years on "That '70s Show") makes her acting debut and appears as Young Hope in a newly created flashback. Also, in a scene from March 1980, the Hortons sing "Always" which was Tom and Alice's favorite song, at their 50th wedding anniversary celebration. Singing, in order of appearance, are: Bill Hayes (Doug), Patty Weaver (Trish), Richard Guthrie (David), John Clarke (Mickey), Suzanne Rogers (Maggie), Wesley Eure (Mike), Suzanne Zenor (Margo), Edward Mallory (Bill), Rosemary Forsyth (Laura), Natasha Ryan (Hope), John Lupton (Tommy), Lanna Saunders (Sister Marie), and Susan Seaforth Hayes (Julie). The song concludes with Macdonald Carey (Tom) and Frances Reid (Alice) singing the last verse. The scene ends with a picture of Tom and Alice on their wedding day (which were actually pictures of Macdonald Carey and Frances Reid from their real-life wedding days from the 1940s). Tom and Alice were married on March 7, 1930 and stayed together for 64 years until Tom's death in June, 1994.
Edited by Jason47, Jun 29 2009, 03:16 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ellie

Thanks Jason! Wow, I can't believe this was 15 years ago. I remember the cast crying at "Tom's" funeral and in the scenes where they learned of his death, but I think it was evident that their tears were really for Mac Carey. I thought the way it was written in to the show was so respectful. You've done a great job of capturing that in the tribute on your site.

lysie
Member Avatar

Ellie
Jun 28 2009, 10:57 PM
Thanks Jason! Wow, I can't believe this was 15 years ago. I remember the cast crying at "Tom's" funeral and in the scenes where they learned of his death, but I think it was evident that their tears were really for Mac Carey. I thought the way it was written in to the show was so respectful. You've done a great job of capturing that in the tribute on your site.
I know! When Kristian said the other day during one of the trivia spots that it had been 15 years since Maison Blanche, I about fell off the couch. That's a lie, because I was in the kitchen, but the sentiment was the same either way.

Thanks, Jason. Those are great clips! I hadn't seen the one from 1979.

doolcrazy
Member Avatar

How well I remember that tribute to Tom - Macdonald Carey. I thought it was such a beautiful and appropriate tribute. I remember the tears flowing by the cast and my own. I don't think I've cried that hard since except maybe for the death of Zack and John Blacks hit and run death. It doesn't seem possible it was 15 years ago, but then it doesn't seem possible I've been watching this show for 43 years. Thanks for the great post Jason.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply