Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ali Sweeney blog entry 6/29
Topic Started: Jun 29 2009, 05:34 PM (3,142 Views)
Ellie

http://blog.nbc.com/alison/days_of_our_lives/summer_days.php

hey everyone! I'm so happy it's summer. Days is on hiatus for the next two weeks. We shot a whole bunch of episodes in advance so that we can take a mini summer break. though I guess we'll be pre-empted by tennis on the 2nd and 3rd of July. Better to know now right, then that crappy moment of turning on your dvr when you get home and finding that you've recorded an hour of news or golf or something. aargh. when I used to record the show - back in the days of making sure your vcr was left on the right channel, I used to have to leave post-it notes on the remote to make sure my brothers didn't screw it up. and I would be SO disappointed when it did get messed up. i remember my younger bro giving me such a hard time about watching Days, and then one day he saw that Carly had married Victor and he said "but i thought he was a bad guy?" and i laughed! that's how addictive Days can be.
Speaking of Carly, i am so excited by the return of Crystal and Wally. I never worked with Wally, I am excited to find out what his story will be. Same goes for Crystal! She is such a talented actress, we are lucky to have her.

I have to thank all the awesome fans who have posted on my twitter account and facebook page about the Baby Grace storyline. It was certainly the most challenging of my career. And as a mom, I felt such a responsibility to play it as real, and true as possible. My mom told me last night she had trouble watching the scenes. Being in the middle of it, (and shooting BL at the same time) I wasn't really able to take note of everyone elses performances while we were filming the scenes. So I was so affected by watching the scenes air. Ari blew me away - every moment so brutal as Nicole realizes what she's done. James reflecting EJ's grief and the DiMera steel, finding both sides of such a complex character. Galen was incredible. This was the first opportunity for me to really see just how talented Galen is - and he totally rocked his scenes. Playing Rafe so strong for Sami,, making her a priority and then revealing how in pain he is in other ways. and it was nice to see the other stories surrounding it. I loved Will and Lucas's scenes... the lumi fan in me loved how Lucas rushed off to make sure Sami was okay. i love when the writers acknowledge the past or family ties characters share. too often on soaps, you find yourself working with the same 3 actors over and over. Which I totally get, but it's really nice to break that up - like the scenes Sami had with Stephanie, they are cousins after all, I love working with Shelley so hopefully there will be more opportunities to play that relationship - I miss Belle, and Marlena! (haha, I don't think Sami misses Carrie.)

I am so excited to have some down time with my kids this week. I'm going hard core to the gym too. Taking advantage of only having one job (still shooting BL right now) to jump ahead in my weight-loss goals! Getting rid of that post-pregnancy belly isn't easy!! As I'm sure so many of you can relate to!!!

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

aimees76
Member Avatar

I loved Will and Lucas's scenes... the lumi fan in me loved how Lucas rushed off to make sure Sami was okay. i love when the writers acknowledge the past or family ties characters share.

:wub: :D
Me too, Ali, me too.

Thanks for posting!

lysie
Member Avatar

Well...she pimped all her men (and actually anyone she has shared screen time with lately), but she only mentioned one pairing. Tsk, tsk.

Ellie

ROFL I liked this: "This was the first opportunity for me to really see just how talented Galen is." How many scenes has she been in with him since he started? 600?

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Ellie
Jun 29 2009, 05:34 PM
James reflecting EJ's grief and the DiMera steel, finding both sides of such a complex character.
ROFL. Is having two sides what constitutes a complex character these days?

Nicole Walker

"ROFL I liked this: "This was the first opportunity for me to really see just how talented Galen is."

LOL! Basically to see if he can really act. LOL. I bet if the writers decided to do Lumi again, Ali would be thrilled. I also think she likes Safe so she's fine with them as well obviously she adores Galen.
Edited by Nicole Walker, Jun 29 2009, 06:41 PM.

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

Ellie
Jun 29 2009, 06:03 PM
ROFL I liked this: "This was the first opportunity for me to really see just how talented Galen is." How many scenes has she been in with him since he started? 600?

:laugh:Yeah WAY too many scenes thats for sure, I am still waiting...I obviously do not agree..I think he is the weakest actor on the entire show..and I think she knows it.Even the teens are better actors want to add next to James Scott and Ari Z and Shawn Christian,makes GG lack of acting talent even more glaring too...thanks for posting
Edited by EjsGaGirl, Jun 29 2009, 07:05 PM.

lastDays
Member Avatar

So the cast is getting a mini vacation?Thats one advantage for the f-ing sports coverage i guess.Alot of their kids will be wondering who they are :lol:

Manda1

Nicole Dimera
Jun 29 2009, 06:39 PM
"ROFL I liked this: "This was the first opportunity for me to really see just how talented Galen is."

LOL! Basically to see if he can really act. LOL. I bet if the writers decided to do Lumi again, Ali would be thrilled. I also think she likes Safe so she's fine with them as well obviously she adores Galen.
She is obviously enjoying working with Galen and by extension the Safe storyline but she's consistent with saying that deep down she's a Lumi :lol:

She obviously likes James too but I'm just happy that she does not praise Ejami or that storyline in these blogs as that would be :puke:

I am a Safe fan so I am happy that she loves working with GG. I think it's sweet that she takes all the opportunities she can to praise his work. It's nice. :smile:

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

Manda1
Jun 29 2009, 07:08 PM
Nicole Dimera

She is obviously enjoying working with Galen and by extension the Safe storyline but she's consistent with saying that deep down she's a Lumi :lol:

She obviously likes James too but I'm just happy that she does not praise Ejami or that storyline in these blogs as that would be :puke:

I am a Safe fan so I am happy that she loves working with GG. I think it's sweet that she takes all the opportunities she can to praise his work. It's nice. :smile:
She can praise him all she wants,he lacks talent,,she knows it,therefore she pushes his work....no matter what she says,he is a terrible actor..when he speaks,,I hear the teacher from Charlie Brown..wah wah,wahwah, wah,wah.But,then to each his own right? :eyeroll:

aimees76
Member Avatar

I wonder how long it will take before the attacks start pouring in in her comment section for daring to refer to herself as a Lumi fan :P

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

aimees76
Jun 29 2009, 07:18 PM
I wonder how long it will take before the attacks start pouring in in her comment section for daring to refer to herself as a Lumi fan :P
Hopefully none,,how utterly childish...

Deleted User
Deleted User

Random comment about Alison Sweeney - I am finding my annoyance of her is starting to SLOWLY ware off. That may have everything to do with not watching a full episode since October, but nevertheless it holds true. LOL
Quote Post Goto Top

Manda1

EjsGaGirl
Jun 29 2009, 07:17 PM
Manda1
Nicole Dimera

She can praise him all she wants,he lacks talent,,she knows it,therefore she pushes his work....no matter what she says,he is a terrible actor..when he speaks,,I hear the teacher from Charlie Brown..wah wah,wahwah, wah,wah.But,then to each his own right? :eyeroll:
That is right. Ali's opinion of GG is important as he's her current co-star. She obviously adores him and can recognise good acting when she sees it. :cheers: She also loves Lumi and their history. :cheers: Go Ali!

aimees76
Member Avatar

EjsGaGirl
Jun 29 2009, 07:20 PM
aimees76
Yeah, I hope not too, it is childish ... but it still seems to happen a lot, particularly when she praises Bryan and/or LUMI.

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

Manda1
Jun 29 2009, 07:38 PM
EjsGaGirl
Manda1

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
That is right. Ali's opinion of GG is important as he's her current co-star. She obviously adores him and can recognise good acting when she sees it. :cheers: She also loves Lumi and their history. :cheers: Go Ali!
Yeah well the majority of the boards I post do not share her view.I do not see her pimping BD's acting nor James Scott,cause she knows they can do their job and quite well.She is friends with him..that does not mean I have to like HIS acting and I with quite a few people do NOT! As for liking Lumi..so..good for her,,she grew up with BD and Lumi,that does not bother me in the least..what bothers me,is SN and Thaao and DH got the ax,and we are left with this pitiful actor..and Ali Sweeney's "approval"is not going to help him improve the talent as he lacks so if you enjoy subpar acting..have at it..once again..all I hear is Charlie Brown's teacher.....damn he sucks :x

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

aimees76
Jun 29 2009, 07:44 PM
EjsGaGirl
Jun 29 2009, 07:20 PM
aimees76
Yeah, I hope not too, it is childish ... but it still seems to happen a lot, particularly when she praises Bryan and/or LUMI.
Well I am amazed that happens..who sits around and lurks like that??She should praise BD..his acting is WAY better than GG...at least when JS/Ali and BD were in a triangle the acting was great...we cannot say that now,sadly

Manda1

EjsGaGirl
Jun 29 2009, 07:49 PM
Manda1
EjsGaGirl

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
Yeah well the majority of the boards I post do not share her view.I do not see her pimping BD's acting nor James Scott,cause she knows they can do their job and quite well.She is friends with him..that does not mean I have to like HIS acting and I with quite a few people do NOT! As for liking Lumi..so..good for her,,she grew up with BD and Lumi,that does not bother me in the least..what bothers me,is SN and Thaao and DH got the ax,and we are left with this pitiful actor..and Ali Sweeney's "approval"is not going to help him improve the talent as he lacks so if you enjoy subpar acting..have at it..once again..all I hear is Charlie Brown's teacher.....damn he sucks :x
:lol: I am enjoying the show thank you. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

Manda1
Jun 29 2009, 08:22 PM
EjsGaGirl
Jun 29 2009, 07:49 PM
Manda1

Quoting limited to 3 levels deepAli's opinion of GG is important as he's her current co-star. She obviously adores him and can recognise good acting when she sees it. :cheers: She also loves Lumi and their history. :cheers: Go Ali!
:lol: I am enjoying the show thank you. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Whateva...I prefer to watch actors who can ACT!!I guess I have higher standards than uh,most!NOONE is getting good acting with GG!!!HA..Charlie Brown...wah-wah-wah-wah-wah-wah :wink:
Edited by EjsGaGirl, Jun 29 2009, 08:31 PM.

Nicole Walker

LMFAO. I can see where this is heading. BWAHAHAHA! It never fails! LOL!
Edited by Nicole Walker, Jun 29 2009, 08:55 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply