Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ali Sweeney blog entry 6/29
Topic Started: Jun 29 2009, 05:34 PM (3,143 Views)
daisy132

I actually liked her blog. She was fair to all. I don't hold the fact that she's a Lumi fan against her. She, like all of us, is entitled to her preference. Both BD and GG are her friends, and her family and GG's family do things together. Her friendship off screen comes across on screen with both men, which IMO is why she lacks romantic chemistry with either of them, and oozes it with JS with whom she has no connection with, other than a professional one. It's hard to manufacture chemistry with men with whom you either grew up with, or whose wives and kids you spend time with. Yup, all in all, I like this particular blog.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

daisy132
Jun 29 2009, 09:10 PM
I actually liked her blog. She was fair to all. I don't hold the fact that she's a Lumi fan against her. She, like all of us, is entitled to her preference. Both BD and GG are her friends, and her family and GG's family do things together. Her friendship off screen comes across on screen with both men, which IMO is why she lacks romantic chemistry with either of them, and oozes it with JS with whom she has no connection with, other than a professional one. It's hard to manufacture chemistry with men with whom you either grew up with, or whose wives and kids you spend time with. Yup, all in all, I like this particular blog.
Good post!! ITA!! I enjoyed this blog and don't have a problem that she's a lumi. I, however, am not. I'm also not a fan of GG's acting, but I can appreciate that she's going to compliment her friend. Your probably right about the chemistry lacking with BD and GG...........they're all good friends, probably reallly comfortable with one another, therefore not so much chemistry.

Nicole Walker

And so it begins! LOL!!

aimees76
Member Avatar

I think Ali and Bry have TONS of chemistry. :D
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Manda1

Nicole Dimera
Jun 29 2009, 09:16 PM
And so it begins! LOL!!
:cheers: you're very perceptive!

mirabella

Ellie
Jun 29 2009, 06:03 PM
ROFL I liked this: "This was the first opportunity for me to really see just how talented Galen is." How many scenes has she been in with him since he started? 600?

From her post and from some of her tweets, she is talking about watching the episodes as they air, and not in the perspective of acting out a scene in real time. She has said that she watches the show that she TIVO's or DVR's and watches it when she can. She has complimented everyone in the baby Grace storyline on several occasions and now on her blog. She means that while they were taping the scene that she is a part of, she isn't judging Galen's acting (or anyone else's). She has said recently how much she enjoyed someone's scenes or how they rocked their scene or other such compliments for Ari, James,Bryan, Joe, Dylan, Taylor, and Galen.

mirabella

Nicole Dimera
Jun 29 2009, 09:16 PM
And so it begins! LOL!!

Yes, it never takes long. :popcorn:
Edited by mirabella, Jun 29 2009, 09:49 PM.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Do they always have a two-week hiatus for Fourth of July or is this a cost-saving thing? I know she's mentioned hiatuses in the past but can't remember if they were for one week or two weeks usually?

Quote:

And so it begins! LOL!!

So WHAT begins? :rolleyes: If you are referring to fans of one pairing not liking another pairing and posting as such how can you even say it's begun when it's never even stopped?

Anyway, as for Ali's blog, obviously I'm not a big fan of the Lucas and Sami pairing but even the Lumi fan in ME was glad that Lucas and Sami had a scene after Grace's death given how bizarre it was they didn't have him at the funeral or have Will confront Lucas immediately after finding out he knew about the Grace secret along with Sami and Rafe.

Do any BD fans know what the guarantee was on his latest contract? It seems like the show is really sticking to those guarantees these days and that's really the only way I can explain how little BD was involved in the Grace aftermath or has been involved in the Danloe/Kate saga. Well... the only way I can explain it besides bad writing...

Nicole Walker

Like I said, so it begins.
Edited by Nicole Walker, Jun 29 2009, 10:15 PM.

lysie
Member Avatar

EjsGaGirl
Jun 29 2009, 07:49 PM
Yeah well the majority of the boards I post do not share her view.I do not see her pimping BD's acting nor James Scott,cause she knows they can do their job and quite well.She is friends with him..that does not mean I have to like HIS acting and I with quite a few people do NOT! As for liking Lumi..so..good for her,,she grew up with BD and Lumi,that does not bother me in the least..what bothers me,is SN and Thaao and DH got the ax,and we are left with this pitiful actor..and Ali Sweeney's "approval"is not going to help him improve the talent as he lacks so if you enjoy subpar acting..have at it..once again..all I hear is Charlie Brown's teacher.....damn he sucks :x
I don't remember her pimping Bryan's acting, though she does talk about him a lot. She definitely pimps James' acting. She has done it recently even.

I don't care that she likes LUMI. I don't care which pairing she likes. I do wish she would pick one and be loud and proud about it, and stop throwing bones to all of them like the writers do. Since she hasn't/won't do that, I think it's a bit stupid of her to mention one pairing like that and not the others, because she will get slammed in the comments, and that just causes more tension between the fans, which IMO leads to more negativity towards the characters when watching the show. The more negative you feel when watching, the more likely you are to tune out.

soapfan4life

So I don't really post here, just mainly read, but I have to say that I love reading Ali's blogs. She always seems very genuine in them. I personally loved the grace story, and thought that everyone involved did a great job. I was also glad that Ali mentioned Sami's scene with Stephanie, I could actually see them forming a bond kind of like Sami and Belle, Sami needs someone like that.

As far as GG- I was never a fan of his on Passions (although I wasn't really a huge fan of the show in general) I think he is growing as an actor and IMO he hit all of his scenes in the Grace storyline out of the park.

daysknowitall
Member Avatar

I think Ali, Bry, James, and Galen's acting all rocked. Ali rocked with emotion when Grace was sick and dying. Her emotional scenes were out of this world. I was tearing up the whole time. The scenes that stick out the most to me were with her father and where she lipped the words I'm sorry to Rafe and when she broke down and said her heart would break if she lost Grace. James rocked when he found out Sami was hiding the fact he had a child that died, his facial features were superb and the anger he showed in the funeral were spot on, it made me actually feel sorry for Ej, even after all his character had done. Galen rocked when he was being strong for Sami but broke down when he was talking to Grace about when she crooked her little finger and twisted him all up, OMG I started balling my eyes out! Then when he was at the funeral by himself and was pounding on the stand looking at Grace's picture, screaming in pain. I actually felt the anger in him. I mean come on guys if you say ANY of these actors aren't good actors then you are just kidding yourselves and letting your fanbase loyality blind you. Because they ALL did an outstanding job. That's why Ali has praised each one, not out of friendship but because ALL the actors are GREAT! You can't look at the examples I gave above and honestly say that wasn't good acting, I just wouldn't believe you! :shrug:

mirabella

tiffany8053
Jun 29 2009, 10:48 PM
I think Ali, Bry, James, and Galen's acting all rocked. Ali rocked with emotion when Grace was sick and dying. Her emotional scenes were out of this world. I was tearing up the whole time. The scenes that stick out the most to me were with her father and where she lipped the words I'm sorry to Rafe and when she broke down and said her heart would break if she lost Grace. James rocked when he found out Sami was hiding the fact he had a child that died, his facial features were superb and the anger he showed in the funeral were spot on, it made me actually feel sorry for Ej, even after all his character had done. Galen rocked when he was being strong for Sami but broke down when he was talking to Grace about when she crooked her little finger and twisted him all up, OMG I started balling my eyes out! Then when he was at the funeral by himself and was pounding on the stand looking at Grace's picture, screaming in pain. I actually felt the anger in him. I mean come on guys if you say ANY of these actors aren't good actors then you are just kidding yourselves and letting your fanbase loyality blind you. Because they ALL did an outstanding job. That's why Ali has praised each one, not out of friendship but because ALL the actors are GREAT! You can't look at the examples I gave above and honestly say that wasn't good acting, I just wouldn't believe you! :shrug:
Good post and I agree with you. Everyone involved with the baby Grace storyline did outstanding work, which is why Ali took the time to praise each one. She did so in this blog and she has been tweeting about them all along.

bellebelle

EjsGaGirl
Jun 29 2009, 07:17 PM
Manda1
Jun 29 2009, 07:08 PM
Nicole Dimera
Jun 29 2009, 06:39 PM
"ROFL I liked this: "This was the first opportunity for me to really see just how talented Galen is."

LOL! Basically to see if he can really act. LOL. I bet if the writers decided to do Lumi again, Ali would be thrilled. I also think she likes Safe so she's fine with them as well obviously she adores Galen.
She is obviously enjoying working with Galen and by extension the Safe storyline but she's consistent with saying that deep down she's a Lumi :lol:

She obviously likes James too but I'm just happy that she does not praise Ejami or that storyline in these blogs as that would be :puke:

I am a Safe fan so I am happy that she loves working with GG. I think it's sweet that she takes all the opportunities she can to praise his work. It's nice. :smile:
She can praise him all she wants,he lacks talent,,she knows it,therefore she pushes his work....no matter what she says,he is a terrible actor..when he speaks,,I hear the teacher from Charlie Brown..wah wah,wahwah, wah,wah.But,then to each his own right? :eyeroll:
ROLF! thats all i hear too :lol:

daysknowitall
Member Avatar

mirabella
Jun 29 2009, 10:53 PM
tiffany8053
Good post and I agree with you. Everyone involved with the baby Grace storyline did outstanding work, which is why Ali took the time to praise each one. She did so in this blog and she has been tweeting about them all along.
Thanks! But exactly ppl are just bias b/c of fanbase loyalty, its terrible they don't get the credit they deserve sometimes. :shame:
"Those who don't know any better and do it, stupid but those who know better and do it anyway, ignorant." A quote from Mr. Gates, hmmm smart man. :applause:

Tara

Ari is a part of that storyline to but you left her out. If you think she is a bad actress maybe some think GG is a bad actor to.

Vicky4Mimi

Ali's blogs are always fun and refreshing to read. I'm very happy to know that she is still a LUMI because her scenes with Bryan and their lovestory are still the best Days have ever had. Ali cares alot about her character Sami that she has basically turned into the leading lady of Days. I think she has definite ideas on where her charater should be headed and I think she KNOWS Sami and Lucas do belong together. She has never seem to enjoy when they tried to pair Sami with her rapist. That would stand against pretty much anything that "MOST" women would believe in. Galen is doing a great job and his scenes with Grace were wonderful. Ali of course did great too as did Ari. Ali has a lot to proud of and Im very happy that she does a blog and lets us in to her world just a tiny bit.

michelle
Member Avatar

Good Lord. :drunk:

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

To borrow a line from IMiss...

Posted Image

Manda1

tiffany8053
Jun 30 2009, 06:53 AM
mirabella
Jun 29 2009, 10:53 PM
tiffany8053
Thanks! But exactly ppl are just bias b/c of fanbase loyalty, its terrible they don't get the credit they deserve sometimes. :shame:
"Those who don't know any better and do it, stupid but those who know better and do it anyway, ignorant." A quote from Mr. Gates, hmmm smart man. :applause:
:hail: :hail: Great quote from Mr Gates and great post!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply