Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
ALL: 7/14 SOD Cover
Topic Started: Jun 30 2009, 10:39 AM (7,303 Views)
LovingDays

Credit: SON

Posted Image

LATE-BREAKING NEWS
Kurth Back To DAYS
Judi Evans Joins ATWT
Fairchild On Return To Soaps [B&B]
Y&R's phillip Comes Home
GH's Dominic Is Dante!
Love's First Bloom For AMC's Ryan and Erica
OLTL: Starr And Cole's Wedding - Off!
GL: Jeffrey Dies!
ATWT: Carly's Wedding Day Disaster

HOT PLOTS PREVIEW
OLTL: Rex and Gigi Make Love
GH: Ethan Threatens Rebecca
GL: Edmund Knows About Henry
Y&R: Victor Is Onto Mary Jane

EDITORS' CHOICE: Goodnight, Gracie, DAYS
PERFORMER OF THE WEEK: Eileen Davidson [Ashley, Y&R]

Cover Story: Ken said he asked the producer and writer to come up with a big story for Bo and Hope for the fall and not one of the regular fluff pieces - they came up with Carly. They called Crystal. He thinks Bo-in-the-middle triangles are more interesting than Hope-in-the-middle triangles, and not because Peter got an Emmy nomination. Chappell brings "a huge audience" from GL. Wally is recurring; he'll be the voice of reason in the Daniel/Philip story. John/Marlena, Patch/Kayla? It was a choice between 3 powerful couples. He tells fans not to do a "price check" - whatever that means (I guess between those actors and the actors coming in) - because it isn't even in the same league. He also tells fans that they can see those peeps at luncheons because "that was then and this is now." He says the most important period EVER of this show will be September - March 2010. Their ratings then will determine if they get another year on NBC. Says they're focusing on the younger people during the summer but they arent going to be driving story by summers end. EJ/Sami/Nicole story will blow up before AZ's maternity leave in December; Bo/Hope/Carly/Daniel, Stephanie/Philip, Melanie/Nathan will play this fall.

Edited by Ellie, Jun 30 2009, 11:37 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

There it is. The latest issue explaining "The Plan to Save DAYS."

Does Daniel's picture being placed with Bo, Hope and Carly's mean that he's going to be involved in that story? If so, so many people called it. Carly is probably coming back and will be paired with, SURPRISE!, Daniel. Maybe they'll at least have chemistry though. I see nothing with him and Chloe, so hopefully he'll move onto Bo, Hope and Carly's orbit and may actually work as a character rather than being stuck with actors younger than him by a few years.

Harmony233

DrewHamilton
Jun 30 2009, 11:17 AM

Does Daniel's picture being placed with Bo, Hope and Carly's mean that he's going to be involved in that story? If so, so many people called it. Carly is probably coming back and will be paired with, SURPRISE!, Daniel. Maybe they'll at least have chemistry though. I see nothing with him and Chloe, so hopefully he'll move onto Bo, Hope and Carly's orbit and may actually work as a character rather than being stuck with actors younger than him by a few years.
Maybe I found that odd too.I just hope they don't make Carly pathetic like they did Billie.I really don't want them to have her been pining after Bo all these years ecspecially when she left with another man.

Nicole Walker

I hope they are not teasing us about the Sami/Nicole/EJ story and it turns out to be nothing.

Why did they kill off Jeffrey?
Edited by Nicole Walker, Jun 30 2009, 11:28 AM.

Ellie

DrewHamilton
LOL yep. This should be a good one. Can't wait to hear how "that was then, this is now" fits in. A friend of mine just pointed out that that quote is pretty ironic given that Carly's also on the cover.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

DrewHamilton

Drew did you read the summary of the article that was posted at SON. It seemed to indicate that Bo/Hope/Daniel/Carly is the next quad coming up.

Not excited about the idea of Justin K being back just as a confidant for Daniel and Phillip. I'd much rather see him with Carly than Daniel.

Wonder if Chloe is going to be written off? There doesn't seem to have been any kind of indication of how the Danloe/Kate saga ends.

Sounds like Stephanie/Phillip will be back for another round this fall and the baby switch climax ain't coming til November sweeps.

Ellie

Original post updated with Days story summary from SON.

Ellie

LOL I also love the 'huge audience' comment. She may very well bring an audience from GL, but "huge"? The show got canceled because of lack of viewers.

michelle
Member Avatar

Hopefully, Lucas and Chloe will be written to have a boring happily ever after sendoff!

Buh bye!

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

IMissAremid
Jun 30 2009, 11:36 AM
Wonder if Chloe is going to be written off? There doesn't seem to have been any kind of indication of how the Danloe/Kate saga ends.
I wonder the same thing. There's certainly been a lot of speculation about BD and NB and their job security. Granted, there are other characters who aren't really addressed here either.

Good for me to know the focus will be off the younger set after this summer; hurry up and end, summer!

lysie
Member Avatar

Ellie
Jun 30 2009, 11:37 AM
Am in the wrong mood to read that article, or did that just sound like one big "piss off and leave me alone" to anyone else? Yes, this is what we're doing, no it's not because of any of this. You miss these people? Go eat lunch with them because you're not going to be seeing them on our show with all the new actors from other cancelled shows.

jules

lysie
Jun 30 2009, 11:45 AM
Ellie
Am in the wrong mood to read that article, or did that just sound like one big "piss off and leave me alone" to anyone else? Yes, this is what we're doing, no it's not because of any of this. You miss these people? Go eat lunch with them because you're not going to be seeing them on our show with all the new actors from other cancelled shows.
No, it's not just you. Corday never fails to disappoint with his idiocy and insulting comments. I'm sure the Bope fans will just love that their big story is another triangle. And we all know it will end with Bope back together, so it doesn't leave much suspense.

Ellie

jules
Jun 30 2009, 11:49 AM
lysie
Ellie
No, it's not just you. Corday never fails to disappoint with his idiocy and insulting cxomments. I'm sure the Bope fans will just love that their big story is another triangle. And we all know it will end with Bope back together, so it doesn't leave much suspense.
Maybe Hope will have another baby afterwards! :wizard:

peaches179

Ellie
Jun 30 2009, 11:28 AM
DrewHamilton
LOL yep. This should be a good one. Can't wait to hear how "that was then, this is now" fits in. A friend of mine just pointed out that that quote is pretty ironic given that Carly's also on the cover.

LOL! Ken Corday is a moron. No wonder Crystal doesn't sound excited about returning to Days. Same shit, different day. Yawn...

lysie
Member Avatar

Ellie
Jun 30 2009, 11:51 AM
jules
lysie

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
No, it's not just you. Corday never fails to disappoint with his idiocy and insulting cxomments. I'm sure the Bope fans will just love that their big story is another triangle. And we all know it will end with Bope back together, so it doesn't leave much suspense.

Nah. Bo's the one in the middle, not Hope. So they can't make the father someone different only to have the baby turn out to have been immaculately conceived later. Maybe they'll switch it up and Bo will get pregnant.

peaches179

Ellie
Jun 30 2009, 11:51 AM
jules
lysie

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep

:roflol: Ellie, you're on a role today! Loving your posts! :wub:

Ellie

peaches179
Jun 30 2009, 11:55 AM
:roflol: Ellie, you're on a role today! Loving your posts! :wub:
lol, thanks!

I can't even imagine how bad this article is going to be if this is just the summary.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Justin's only coming on as a confidant for Daniel and Philip? Isn't that what Victor's for? Maybe John Aniston isn't able to be featured as much as he has been, and that's why they're briniging back Justin. Nothing else makes sense. Sucks for Wally though. It seems like he'll never get meaty material no matter where he goes. I would so rather have a Bo/Hope/Justin/Carly quad than throwing Daniel in there.

RogerNewcomb
Member Avatar

I've actually been enjoying DAYS and the ratings are up so I was naively not expecting another "plan to save DAYS" right now.

Ellie

^^ Interesting point - I wonder if there is some ratings threshold that NBC has designated for the show to get renewed? Sounds from this article like they've been told they're underperforming in some way.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply