Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
SOD: Do or Die for Days! Ken Corday interview; UPDATED with SOD Insider info; July 14th issue; Article Summary
Topic Started: Jul 1 2009, 10:05 AM (11,703 Views)
EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

As far as writing Nicole out...why do people not think Ari might want a life outside DOOL??She has been front and center for almost two years,perhaps SHE is ready to take time with her child...I do not think its out of the realm to say,that she may want to leave.I know for sure she has stated she has wanted a baby for some time..maybe she is done with DOOL as least for awhile..her contract is up in March.I think she is an excellent actress,but honestly she may be wore out??If not,then I look for her to go on the run with the baby...grrrr
Offline Profile Goto Top

daisy132

Quote:

I would love to know what huge audience CC is bringing from GL. Yes, she is popular and I'm sure she will bring fans but I doubt it will be anything that gets Days above a 2.3 LOL.

Oh, but it might help the ratings. Every little bit helps. That's why he brought in Eric and Galen. He wanted the Passions viewers and got them.

Quote:

Next, Corday discusses the future of the show. He says that "the most important six months in this history of the show thus far will be September through March of 2010." He says the ratings for those six months will determine "whether we're picked up for another year into March of 2011".

Hah, I won't be helping him in this regard. That's why there's youtube.

Quote:

I think what this means is that while the show has stopping the bleeding and gained viewers, NBC is pushing for more. I'm not sure there is a number in mind as much as they want to make sure the show isn't just going to fall apart again. They want to make sure it's viable consistently and that what the show has done is not a fluke. In that case, Days better make sure it has good stuff going on at the same time as Carly's return and the big baby switch climax because the show will likely get some sort of boost from both but whether they maintain it or build off it will depend on whatever else is going on too. I feel confident the show will survive on NBC at least until 2011. After that, who knows. So much can happen. I think Days is one show with alot of life left in it, as it has showed this year

The show actually lost viewers. Lots of long-time Days fans have stopped watching for various reasons. That's why he's relying on actors brought on from other shows. And they have helped the ratings, but they only kept the show afloat. The new viewers from the other shows make up for the ones lost.
Offline Profile Goto Top

mer4santo
Member Avatar

Quote:

Corday clarifies the type of story he wanted: "not just an open and closed-ended kidnapping/bad dreams/Shawn dies kind of long-range story".

So instead we just get an original, never played before Quadrangle of Love for Carly and Co. Wow. Visionary.

Here's my question: If Bope is such a super-couple and their relationship has been relatively troubleless for awhile so much so that they freshened their marriage vows just last summer for the zillionth time, then how will they so easily be torn apart by Carly? Bo being drawn to Carly is remotely plausible but why in the hell would Hope be interested in Dr Dan?
Offline Profile Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

IMissAremid
Jul 1 2009, 12:27 PM
Quote:

Corday concludes this idea by saying that "for the most part, our viewers are involved with what the story is today."

Then why the fuck are you bringing back Carly?

Don't get me, wrong. I am GLAD Carly is coming back, but Corday's tortured logic just has me shaking my head.
Because she is part of the story of today? :laugh: .
Offline Profile Goto Top

Tammy
Member Avatar

LMAO what a douche!

His interviews have become like a event to see if he can top himself by saying something even more insulting to a fan then he did in his previous interview :shame: And oddly enough he always manages to top himself!
Offline Profile Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

EjsGaGirl
Jul 1 2009, 12:30 PM
As far as writing Nicole out...why do people not think Ari might want a life outside DOOL??She has been front and center for almost two years,perhaps SHE is ready to take time with her child...I do not think its out of the realm to say,that she may want to leave.I know for sure she has stated she has wanted a baby for some time..maybe she is done with DOOL as least for awhile..her contract is up in March.I think she is an excellent actress,but honestly she may be wore out??If not,then I look for her to go on the run with the baby...grrrr
I doubt it.

I'm sure she is worn out but she already left once before and the show gives her very meaty material. She seems genuinely happy. I'm sure she will want to spend time with her child but let's remember that Days only tapes 4 days a week and has alot of hiatuses now. If someone like Ali Sweeney can work 2 jobs and make it work, so can Ari. Plus, Days lets people bring their kids to the set. Ali is always bringing Ben so she could bring her's. I'm sure if she wants more time with her child, Days will accommodate her. They clearly love her and they will do anything for you if they aren't sick of you LOL.
Offline Profile Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

daisy132
Jul 1 2009, 12:41 PM
Quote:

I would love to know what huge audience CC is bringing from GL. Yes, she is popular and I'm sure she will bring fans but I doubt it will be anything that gets Days above a 2.3 LOL.

Oh, but it might help the ratings. Every little bit helps. That's why he brought in Eric and Galen. He wanted the Passions viewers and got them.

Quote:

Next, Corday discusses the future of the show. He says that "the most important six months in this history of the show thus far will be September through March of 2010." He says the ratings for those six months will determine "whether we're picked up for another year into March of 2011".

Hah, I won't be helping him in this regard. That's why there's youtube.

Quote:

I think what this means is that while the show has stopping the bleeding and gained viewers, NBC is pushing for more. I'm not sure there is a number in mind as much as they want to make sure the show isn't just going to fall apart again. They want to make sure it's viable consistently and that what the show has done is not a fluke. In that case, Days better make sure it has good stuff going on at the same time as Carly's return and the big baby switch climax because the show will likely get some sort of boost from both but whether they maintain it or build off it will depend on whatever else is going on too. I feel confident the show will survive on NBC at least until 2011. After that, who knows. So much can happen. I think Days is one show with alot of life left in it, as it has showed this year

The show actually lost viewers. Lots of long-time Days fans have stopped watching for various reasons. That's why he's relying on actors brought on from other shows. And they have helped the ratings, but they only kept the show afloat. The new viewers from the other shows make up for the ones lost.
I'm sure she will help them and I'm sure that was part of their logic in bringing on Galen and Eric.

Yes, Days lost viewers of the vets and some longtime fans but not in the ratings it didn't and that is what counts. The last two years with the vets it hit record lows. This year, it's gotten viewers back on a consistent basis with the occasional bad week here or there. I know some will cite last week's bad numbers but let's remember Days had two days where it was shifted in some markets and preempted altogether in others yet it was still up vs last year where other soaps were down.. The ratings aren't as much affected by casting decisions anymore. They have an affect but not as big as they once did. It's more about the stories and while many don't like Days as it is, it's clear there are just as many who do as well.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

EjsGaGirl
There has been no indication that AZ will leave...thats just wishful thinking on the part of some fans who can't stand the fact that she carried the show and people like her!

Wore out...let's talk about Ali Sweeney. How has her character been on canvas for 16 YEARS WITHOUT A FUCKIN BREAK? Maybe she took a 5 month one back when she was Stan (but the SL still was hers!) Her current pregnancy SL was a total flop! Almost NO ONE liked the WPP SL, yet we have her (and TPTB) to thank for caving in to her request.

As for SLs, there are numerous ways TPTB can write her out...
-Kidnapping Sydney
-A coma: She does something to rescue Sydney and in the process there's an accident and she's badly injured and goes into a coma
-the ol' still alive SL: she gets killed somehow and has amnesia and come back not knowing her identity...

Point being, I have enjoyed this SL and going to miss AZ being frontburner. It is a good story because she sells it! Its not EJ's story, nor Ejole, Ejami...its really her story. I hope she enjoys her well deserved time off...and comes back to kick ass!LOL
Liz

Offline Profile Goto Top

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

Liz<3Days
Jul 1 2009, 01:38 PM
EjsGaGirl
There has been no indication that AZ will leave...thats just wishful thinking on the part of some fans who can't stand the fact that she carried the show and people like her!

Wore out...let's talk about Ali Sweeney. How has her character been on canvas for 16 YEARS WITHOUT A FUCKIN BREAK? Maybe she took a 5 month one back when she was Stan (but the SL still was hers!) Her current pregnancy SL was a total flop! Almost NO ONE liked the WPP SL, yet we have her (and TPTB) to thank for caving in to her request.

As for SLs, there are numerous ways TPTB can write her out...
-Kidnapping Sydney
-A coma: She does something to rescue Sydney and in the process there's an accident and she's badly injured and goes into a coma
-the ol' still alive SL: she gets killed somehow and has amnesia and come back not knowing her identity...

Point being, I have enjoyed this SL and going to miss AZ being frontburner. It is a good story because she sells it! Its not EJ's story, nor Ejole, Ejami...its really her story. I hope she enjoys her well deserved time off...and comes back to kick ass!LOL
Liz

Excuse me,but are you saying I AM suggesting she leave??Or that I want her to leave?I am merely going on what KC said about Nicole being OUT..and I was ASKING not SAYING anything negative about Ari....I said QUITE plainly that Ari is an excellent actress..and that she MAY want to take time with her child..do you KNOW otherwise??And as for ALi Sweeney I fuckin AGREE,I would have MUCH rather her went and visited her damn Mother,than be subjected that stupid ASS WP program story...this story is played out and its time to end it.WAY past time to end it,.And if you READ my post I also CLEARLY state that I think if Ari does not leave for good Nicole will probably steal the baby... and my post had nothing to do with ANY fanbase,I was asking a legitimate question to everyone here I was not being a smartass,I was being sincere in my questioning ..Good Grief!
Edited by EjsGaGirl, Jul 1 2009, 02:33 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

fancyface78
Member Avatar

OMG!! He is such an idiot....as if the Bo/Hope fans want Billie 4.0!! If Bo is still not sure who he wants to be with, I hope Hope kicks his ass to the curb and makes the decision for him! I will root for her to find someone who actually WANTS to be with her. I am not interested in seeing a replay of 1995 when Bo chose Billie and Hope continued to hold the torch for Bo. Not this time!!!
Edited by fancyface78, Jul 1 2009, 02:06 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

If Ari leaves, it will be Sami 24/7 - just kill me now please
Offline Profile Goto Top

Tammy
Member Avatar

Southofsoap
Jul 1 2009, 02:04 PM
I didn't realize that is WASN'T Sami 24/7 now lol ;)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

♥ Tammy ♥
Jul 1 2009, 02:07 PM
Southofsoap
touche :D
Offline Profile Goto Top

heartsaver

This is just going to be Bo/Hope/Billie, part 72 with Crystal Chappell playing the Billie role. Carly hasn't even been mentioned on the show in 16 years and suddenly she's going to be an obstacle for Bo and Hope. They could have brought in a completely new character to throw into a triangle with Bo and Hope and it would have been no less "viable." This storyline hasn't even started and it already sucks.
Offline Profile Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Sami may be on alot but it doesn't feel the same as it once was. Maybe because the show has more the one story going on. Back in 2007 under Hogan, you basically only had 2 major stories for awhile and Sami was a part of the big umbrella one. She was practically in every scene. Granted, she is a major focal point in 2009 (as opposed to last year where she seemed to not be featured as much) but the fact that others are on just as much and she's not a part of most of what is going on helps make it easier to swallow. It's not how much your on as much as how you are used and how often you are seen in an episode.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

What a moron Ken Corday is if he really believes a "huge audience" is going to follow CC over from GL, the show of which he said: "It's time has passed" or some such bullshit! I also don't believe that Ted Corday story ever happened! He had a lot of sway at ATWT and he fought with Irna Phillips quite a bit but he never wrote the show! In those days there was continuity and depth and there would be no reason for the "That was then" bullshit with a crayon! I think KEN CORDAY's CURRENT writers are the ones playing with CRAYONS! And a few other things I won't mention!
Edited by Grandpa Hughes, Jul 1 2009, 02:16 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

i don't get why corday thinks a bo triangle is more appealing than one for hope. as a viewer who's been with the show ten years, i remember one triangle for hope and one for bo(patrick and billie). i hardly count patrick for hope, becuase for me, that s/l was always more about zach's death and chelsea's involvement via bo rather than it being about hope wanting to be with patrick.
in short, i don't see why a bo triangle is more interesting when it was done with billie not that long ago. if it's just that it was easier to get carly back than one of hope's past beaus, that's fine, but just say so.

oh, and if arianne zucker leaves, i'm gone with her. the thought of this show being carried by characters like sami and arianna does not appeal to me in the slightest.
Offline Profile Goto Top

SomeSoupRocks
Member Avatar

♥ Tammy ♥
Jul 1 2009, 02:07 PM
Southofsoap
So true Tammy!
Corday :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :moon: :moon: :moon:
Offline Profile Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Liz<3Days
Jul 1 2009, 01:38 PM

I've been meaning to ask this because I see it batted around a lot.

Did I miss an interview or article somewhere that clearly states TPTB 'caved in' to AS's request to write in her pregnancy?

I recall she mentioned when she announced her pregnancy that she thought it would be easier if it were written in - as it's difficult to hide behind purses, couches, etc. - but that's it. I don't remember seeing anything where she forced the issue, threw a tantrum or otherwise made anyone 'cave in'.

I've seen it mentioned enough times that I thought I'd ask...
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I find his interviews humorous..But from a business standpoint getting rid of John, Marlena, Steve and Kayla saved the show a lot of money and didn't hurt the ratings..So even though I'm not happy with the decision, it probably was the correct choice.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic