Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
SOD: Do or Die for Days! Ken Corday interview; UPDATED with SOD Insider info; July 14th issue; Article Summary
Topic Started: Jul 1 2009, 10:05 AM (11,661 Views)
Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Paxton
Jul 2 2009, 04:24 PM
Quote:

He also talked about the "cross-pollinating" between characters that Head Writer Dena Higley had planned, noting, "It's not a matter of just choosing to mix and match people. It's organic and that's a good writer."

Huh? I don't even know what this means.
Neither does Ken.
Offline Profile Goto Top

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

"Organic" means that:

1) The characters can run into each other somewhere and/or
2) The characters are roughly the same age, or it can be fudged so it seems like they are somehow the same age.

Hence Daniel with Hope/Bo/Carly. Which- why is there a 4th needed when the interesting part is BO being torn between two women and Hope is merely an accessory.

Oh yeah- and they have to be opposite gender.

Dear Mr. Corday,

I'm actually with you in your sentiment about the past being past. But let's get real for a second.

You relied on certain characters/actors for DECADES without really trying to build a new generation to follow, to flow from that original generation. So don't get all pissy when your newbies don't catch fire.

It sounds like you're about to make the same mistake, because Stephanie/Phillip seem isolated. Much like Chelsea/Max were in preparation for their exit. Stupid- they have to be integrated and used as your stepping stone away from Victor/Stefano/Whoever. Otherwise we get another weird lurch to new characters, assuming the show lasts much longer.

Also, you and your staff are the fucktards who decided to give J/M a horrible rushed non-satisfying ending and S/K fans ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Why on earth would you expect people who invested decades in those characters to just back off, go see the actors at the luncheons when you screwed them? And new viewers are idiots if they don't know the same thing will happen to them (hi, Danloe fans- get ready to join the Jarlenas and...Paylas).

Finally, we don't have to see the old faves at luncheons. We can watch YouTube. Or, we can read some of the brilliant fanfic out there that blows the shit out of your little dog and pony show.

Oh yeah- mad props for trying to take credit for Carly and Bo/Hope getting a story. If you gave a better interview you may actually have gotten some recognition for it. As it is, I think you're lying. And prepping for their exit/cancellation with a Bo/Hope story.

I also give you props for trying to drag down your father directly instead of by destroying the show he helped create...the show you've drawn income from since forever.

Good luck hitting your ratings target by relying on Bo/Hope and Carly...and Daniel while simultaneously dissing the long-term viewers most likely to be attracted to that storyline. I'm now rooting against you, because I want you to be unemployed- there are too many talented people out there without inherited tv shows for you to keep having the chance to fuck with this one, assmuncher.

Much love,
px.

Offline Profile Goto Top

jules

px780
Jul 2 2009, 05:08 PM
"Organic" means that:

1) The characters can run into each other somewhere and/or
2) The characters are roughly the same age, or it can be fudged so it seems like they are somehow the same age.

Hence Daniel with Hope/Bo/Carly. Which- why is there a 4th needed when the interesting part is BO being torn between two women and Hope is merely an accessory.

Oh yeah- and they have to be opposite gender.

Dear Mr. Corday,

I'm actually with you in your sentiment about the past being past. But let's get real for a second.

You relied on certain characters/actors for DECADES without really trying to build a new generation to follow, to flow from that original generation. So don't get all pissy when your newbies don't catch fire.

It sounds like you're about to make the same mistake, because Stephanie/Phillip seem isolated. Much like Chelsea/Max were in preparation for their exit. Stupid- they have to be integrated and used as your stepping stone away from Victor/Stefano/Whoever. Otherwise we get another weird lurch to new characters, assuming the show lasts much longer.

Also, you and your staff are the fucktards who decided to give J/M a horrible rushed non-satisfying ending and S/K fans ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Why on earth would you expect people who invested decades in those characters to just back off, go see the actors at the luncheons when you screwed them? And new viewers are idiots if they don't know the same thing will happen to them (hi, Danloe fans- get ready to join the Jarlenas and...Paylas).

Finally, we don't have to see the old faves at luncheons. We can watch YouTube. Or, we can read some of the brilliant fanfic out there that blows the shit out of your little dog and pony show.

Oh yeah- mad props for trying to take credit for Carly and Bo/Hope getting a story. If you gave a better interview you may actually have gotten some recognition for it. As it is, I think you're lying. And prepping for their exit/cancellation with a Bo/Hope story.

I also give you props for trying to drag down your father directly instead of by destroying the show he helped create...the show you've drawn income from since forever.

Good luck hitting your ratings target by relying on Bo/Hope and Carly...and Daniel while simultaneously dissing the long-term viewers most likely to be attracted to that storyline. I'm now rooting against you, because I want you to be unemployed- there are too many talented people out there without inherited tv shows for you to keep having the chance to fuck with this one, assmuncher.

Much love,
px.

You really need to send that to him or to SOD! Love it.
Offline Profile Goto Top

daisy132

mer4santo
Jul 2 2009, 09:56 AM
fancyface78
Jul 2 2009, 01:13 AM
Dr. Chip
Jul 2 2009, 01:00 AM
I hope Carly and Bo don't have a kid out there somewhere.
Oh geez, can you imagine? Its very likely given Bo and his super sperm.
WHat if it's Rafe? ;)
Nah, Galen is 38, I can't see it. But it would be interesting.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Tammy
Member Avatar

Quote:

He also talked about the "cross-pollinating" between characters that Head Writer Dena Higley had planned, noting, "It's not a matter of just choosing to mix and match people. It's organic and that's a good writer."

That just sounds... nasty lol. "cross-pollinating" to me equals turning characters into whores lmfao!
Edited by Tammy, Jul 2 2009, 10:36 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

misch
Member Avatar

Taelyn
Jul 2 2009, 03:28 PM
What a fucking rude asswipe Corday is.. I hope after this latest insult That Dee (Who has NEVER) said a bad word publicly about KC...Rips him to shreds without mercy in the rumored tell all book she may write..
She owes him nothing, He has been so rude and disrespectful of both DH's and SE, and MBE's fans.
He really disgusts me every time he opens his stupid mouth.

I love CC, and always liked Carly but I am having a hard time wrapping my head around BO being tempted by her in any way.. atleast not in his right mind.
The only story I can see is if Bo's visions are being brought on by some sort of brain tumor or something. perhaps after his treatment he loses his recent memory and somehow goes back 15 years..Ofcourse even then he would remember Hope, But I could see him being torn by the only emotions he remembers.. Carly on the other hand should be good and over Bo at this point maybe thats how Daniel comes into play.. Im not sure, but I will have a hard time believing that Bo in his right mind would be torn or have any doubts about his feelings for Hope.

I certainly hope that AZ will not be leaving for good.. Although I would not rule it out because I dont know how she feels about being a working Mom. But I do believe that it will be up to her and she wont be pushed out.

KC mentioned "blowing up" several times So maybe she is in an explosion and is in a Coma. Or presumed dead.. Who knows.
I found it interesting that he said the story would be around Bo/Hope/Carly/Daniel..
So I guess that leaves Chloe OUT..

Im glad the Baby switch will come to an end..
Its outcome will help me decide if Im going to be watching this show. I know many of us want different outcomes, but since so litle about this show interests me.. and I HATE Corday with a passion after he handled the John and Marlena exit and his blatant disrespect.
If he goes in the wrong direction for my likes It will make it easier for me to Say .. I was Once a Devoted and loyal fan of DOOL.. But.. "That was then, and this is now."
:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
Offline Profile Goto Top

evilD
Member Avatar

Just a constatation here...I find it ridiculously hilarious to see the majority of posters here chastizing TPTB about the current angles...And yet, you're ALL watching everyday, just in hopes that things actually look better than they sound in spoilers.

Nope, wrestling fans and soap fans aren't that different at all. Just sayin'.
Offline Profile Goto Top

wkline
Member Avatar

Corday you make me sick.. :puke: :moon:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ellie

evilD
Jul 2 2009, 11:18 PM
Just a constatation here...I find it ridiculously hilarious to see the majority of posters here chastizing TPTB about the current angles...And yet, you're ALL watching everyday, just in hopes that things actually look better than they sound in spoilers.

I've watched a total of about 15 minutes worth of YouTube clips (from two shows) since January 23rd, and I know most of the S&K fans haven't watched since S&K left. Others who are regulars in these threads only watch on a casual basis, and yes, there are also some here who watch daily. I'm not sure where you're getting your information that every poster in this thread is watching every day.

Offline Profile Goto Top

evilD
Member Avatar

I'm perhaps making a quick assumption and if I am, I apologize if I might've ruffled a few feathers. I wrote that because whenever I go on a wrestling board and read fans complaining about the product on TV, 90% of the time of those who complain claim that they'll never watch the show again but sure enough, they're posting comments on the show the very next week, still ranting. It's a pattern I've seen so often for so many TV shows that I believe that this isn't different for soaps, including Days. With that said, I totally respect everyone's opinion on what they like and dislike and perhaps that Mr. Corday is in real life a jerk for how he treated all the actors released (I don't read too much of that stuff so I don't really care). If that's the case, I guess Ken Corday is the equivalent of Vince McMahon for soaps LOL

Once again, sorry if I offended anyone.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ellie

^^ No problem - and I don't know too much about wrestling, but in thinking about it, I can see where there might be some commonalities in how the fans/viewers are treated!

Offline Profile Goto Top

Taelyn

evilD
Jul 2 2009, 11:18 PM

Well I record on Soapnet..because Im still angry, and only watching the show on probation so to speak.. lol.
Im only hanging on by a thread as it is because I was drawn into the storyline before the DH's left. But I FF a great deal I can count on 1 hand the characters I will even watch.

I cant stand Corday, and honestly as much as It pains me, in someways He deserves to be cancelled, even though Im drawn into a certain story.. I would not feel bad for him and HE deserves it, and I believe the others could find work if they wanted it, probably better work, Days has a lot of WASTED talent ..
I want Corday to fail.. but I want the couple Im invested in to succeed..

It makes no sense but its how I feel.
Edited by Taelyn, Jul 3 2009, 12:18 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deefan21
Member Avatar

I think Ken Corday is an ass. As a die hard John and Marlena fan I felt a little offended by what he said. He shouldn't be aloud to do interviews.
Offline Profile Goto Top

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Posted Image

I don't know if this has been addressed yet, but just saw the cover to go with this article and damn SOD really loves putting the word DIE in red in giant letters on the cover, don't they?

Just reminded me of that sensationalistic Grace headline.
Offline Profile Goto Top

michelle
Member Avatar

I don't know what else Coday can say? It's done. It's time to get past it and move on already. John and Marlena are gone. Steve and Kayla are gone. If you were only watching the show for them, well no wonder you hate it. But you don't have to - you can change the channel.

I'm sure he's tired of answering questions about them and their dismissals, so no wonder he throws out the luncheon comment. But he had to reduce his budget and I'm sure that helped. Carly/Crystal and Justin/Wally will not cost nearly as much as J & M or S & K, but we already know them so we aren't being asked to accept all new characters. He is mixing old and new alike.

We have seen every storyline for the vets - the romances, the triangles, the breakups, lather, rinse repeat. He is keeping Bo and Hope and trying to breathe new life into their story. It seems people are already frustrated with that idea, but hey he's doing something with them and not just letting them go.

As for the new couples and characters, like them or not, Corday is trying to promote what is happening on the show right now. That is his job. Most of us are still watching, so he must be doing something right.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Tammy
Member Avatar

If Corday is so set on the whole "that was then, this is now" shit then WHY does he keep bringing back all these characters from the PAST, instead of of using the characters he ALREADY HAD! Every time his show is in the shitter he heads to the days "Time Machine". So please Corday, do give me that "that was then, this is now" bullshit!
Offline Profile Goto Top

ges
Member Avatar

He is writing out Ari Zucker because she is pregnant? Isn't it illegal to terminate someon'es employment because they are pregnant? Not that I';m not thrilled, but still. As to all of his other comments the man is a flaming asswad.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

ges
Jul 3 2009, 10:49 AM
He is writing out Ari Zucker because she is pregnant? Isn't it illegal to terminate someon'es employment because they are pregnant? Not that I';m not thrilled, but still. As to all of his other comments the man is a flaming asswad.
It doesn't say writing out forever. He may just mean writing out for her maternity leave.
Online Profile Goto Top

JustJo
Member Avatar

Kenny
Jul 1 2009, 10:30 AM
Ellie

"For the ardent John and Marlena and Patch and Kayla fans, great, you can still see them at their luncheons. That was then, this is now."
WHAT. A. DICK.
Eloquent and to the point. WHAT. A. DICK. indeed!
Offline Profile Goto Top

sungrey

michelle
Jul 3 2009, 09:29 AM
I don't know what else Coday can say? It's done. It's time to get past it and move on already. John and Marlena are gone. Steve and Kayla are gone. If you were only watching the show for them, well no wonder you hate it. But you don't have to - you can change the channel.

I'm sure he's tired of answering questions about them and their dismissals, so no wonder he throws out the luncheon comment. But he had to reduce his budget and I'm sure that helped. Carly/Crystal and Justin/Wally will not cost nearly as much as J & M or S & K, but we already know them so we aren't being asked to accept all new characters. He is mixing old and new alike.

We have seen every storyline for the vets - the romances, the triangles, the breakups, lather, rinse repeat. He is keeping Bo and Hope and trying to breathe new life into their story. It seems people are already frustrated with that idea, but hey he's doing something with them and not just letting them go.

As for the new couples and characters, like them or not, Corday is trying to promote what is happening on the show right now. That is his job. Most of us are still watching, so he must be doing something right.
But how LONG will we be watching?

Look, I've watched Days since the early 1980s, with a brief break around the time JER tried to destroy the show with his SSK story (but I won't get into THAT here... lol). In that time I have seen countless vets come and go. The show survived the loss of Kim and Shane, it survived the loss of Jack and Jennifer... and yes, it did survive losing J/M and S/K.

The callous way which Ken addresses these fans is what has all of us up in arms. It's almost like we're being told "thanks for your 25 years of service, now fuck off" along with the actors. Our voices as longtime fans should still count. We're the ones that know the show. We're the ones that may have forced Ken to back off from saying Nathan was Pete and Melissa's son when we all know that was not possible. WE are the ones who know Patch couldn't possibly have been taken by Stefano right away because it was Lawrence who had his IV poisoned.

More to the point, we are the ones who know that if Hope greets Carly with open arms, like she's known her all of her life, we'll all be yelling "sweetheart, get me rewrite!" because Hope was PRESUMED DEAD the entire time Carly was on the canvas.

We can take change best delivered in smaller doses than this. Fans don't forget things. Ken, your fans will still be clamoring for J/M and S/K next year at this time. Might be best to have an attitude adjustment before then, right?
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic