Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
SOD: Do or Die for Days! Ken Corday interview; UPDATED with SOD Insider info; July 14th issue; Article Summary
Topic Started: Jul 1 2009, 10:05 AM (11,637 Views)
Mason
Member Avatar

michelle
Jul 3 2009, 09:29 AM
I don't know what else Coday can say? It's done. It's time to get past it and move on already. John and Marlena are gone. Steve and Kayla are gone. If you were only watching the show for them, well no wonder you hate it. But you don't have to - you can change the channel.

I'm sure he's tired of answering questions about them and their dismissals, so no wonder he throws out the luncheon comment..
None of that is any excuse for him to be a total douchebag. The man has no tact or grace whatsoever.
Offline Profile Goto Top

michelle
Member Avatar

He's not telling everyone who loved the vets to fuck off, he's just saying let's move on. Let's talk about what's going on in the show NOW.

These are the decisions that were made (good or bad) and we're living with it. We don't have to. We could turn off our Tivos.

Believe me, I get why people are upset. But what can be done? Accept the changes or stop watching, that's it - two choices.

I began watching in 1982 and have seen character/plots come and go. Are these my fave right now? No. Do I think the romances are rushed, poorly written, not developed? Yes.

But I keep watching.
Offline Profile Goto Top

michelle
Member Avatar

Mason
Jul 3 2009, 11:55 AM
michelle
I don't know what else Coday can say? It's done. It's time to get past it and move on already. John and Marlena are gone. Steve and Kayla are gone. If you were only watching the show for them, well no wonder you hate it. But you don't have to - you can change the channel.

I'm sure he's tired of answering questions about them and their dismissals, so no wonder he throws out the luncheon comment..
None of that is any excuse for him to be a total douchebag. The man has no tact or grace whatsoever.
Oh I agree. But most bosses are.

I have had many and most are douchebags. Know it all, always gotta be right, douchebags.

That's why I now work for myself.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

michelle
Jul 3 2009, 11:58 AM
Mason
michelle

I have had many and most are douchebags. Know it all, always gotta be right, douchebags.

He's not our boss, though. He's addressing fans, not his employees, and he's addressing the fans, the consumers, as a total douchebag.
Offline Profile Goto Top

michelle
Member Avatar

lysie
Jul 3 2009, 12:00 PM
michelle
Mason

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep

He's not our boss, though. He's addressing fans, not his employees, and he's addressing the fans, the consumers, as a total douchebag.
I didn't mean to imply that he was our boss, just that he was/is THE boss of this show, who thinks he's always right and knows everything, and wants to stop answering questions and defending decisions from the fans regarding the choices he's made, as such boss, for HIS show.

Does that make sense? A little run on, I know.
Edited by michelle, Jul 3 2009, 12:16 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JDB

I stopped watching HIS show, now I'm fretting over ATWT -so not that much better off. I just couldn't take Corday's mouth in addition to my fav's being fired.
Offline Profile Goto Top

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

If he's tired of answering questions he can, y'know, stop answering questions. Stop being defensive and instead give an interview focused on positivity. Tell me WHY I should be excited that this is now and then is dead.

"I really like Stephanie/Phillip" or "Melanie brings a different flavor" doesn't quite cut it.

It's also stupid to say that and then pimp Bo/Hope and the return of two characters from long, long ago. I hate that level of stupidity.

And if he's not capable of doing that- being publicly decent and keeping his douchebaggery private- he needs to turn it over to the EP, Higley (or whoever), Sweeney- someone who's more capable. He's not a boss in this case, he's their head salesperson. Salespeople rarely do well when they're total dicks.
Offline Profile Goto Top

michelle
Member Avatar

px780
Jul 3 2009, 12:23 PM
If he's tired of answering questions he can, y'know, stop answering questions. Stop being defensive and instead give an interview focused on positivity.
Some people can't help themselves. He thinks with enough blubbering, people will start to see his way. HIS vision.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

michelle
He's not telling everyone who loved the vets to fuck off, he's just saying let's move on. Let's talk about what's going on in the show NOW.
Oh please. There's a huge difference between saying "I'd like to move on and bring this show into the future" and "I don't care about the J&M/P&K fans. Go to their luncheons if you're so heartbroken."

There's a right way and wrong way to say things. Decent people have tact and respect for the longtime fans whose viewership has helped keep the show around for 40+ years. Corday isn't a decent person though. He's an arrogant prick who always chooses the assholiest things to say because he couldn't care less about the fans.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sariah
Member Avatar

Wow, what a big FU to the fans! I shouldn't be stunned that he is such a callous jackhole, but I am stunned.

And it does not surprise me in the least that he likes Philip and Stephanie. That moron wouldn't know story and chemistry if it jumped up and bit him on the butt.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

michelle
Jul 3 2009, 12:15 PM
lysie
Jul 3 2009, 12:00 PM
michelle

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
I didn't mean to imply that he was our boss, just that he was/is THE boss of this show, who thinks he's always right and knows everything, and wants to stop answering questions and defending decisions from the fans regarding the choices he's made, as such boss, for HIS show.

Does that make sense? A little run on, I know.
LOL. I realize that. But my point was that if he were a boss speaking to his employees as a douche, that would be one thing. He's trying to sell his show to the viewers, and instead he's pissing off many of us. I don't care what kind of personality he has. This is the wrong way to get people to watch.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kyrai

Kenny
Jul 3 2009, 12:34 PM
michelle
Oh please. There's a huge difference between saying "I'd like to move on and bring this show into the future" and "I don't care about the J&M/P&K fans. Go to their luncheons if you're so heartbroken."

There's a right way and wrong way to say things. Decent people have tact and respect for the longtime fans whose viewership has helped keep the show around for 40+ years. Corday isn't a decent person though. He's an arrogant prick who always chooses the assholiest things to say because he couldn't care less about the fans.
You think more highly of KC than I do, but very well said Kenny.

Offline Profile Goto Top

michelle
Member Avatar

Kenny
michelle

Oh I totally agree - it's not just what he said it's how and the exact wording he used for sure, that pisses everyone off. But I don't think that's what he actually meant.

I just think he is too much of a dickhead and an egomaniac to say it politely and to keep the fans of these characters in mind.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sindacco
Member Avatar

What does luncheons mean?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ellie

Sindacco
Jul 3 2009, 03:09 PM
What does luncheons mean?
What does the word mean? It means an event or gathering where lunch is also served. Corday is talking about the fan events like the one SN/MBE just had - fan "meet and greet" type of events where the stars answer questions, perhaps show some video clips, and meet the fans individually if time permits.

Offline Profile Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

michelle
Jul 3 2009, 02:37 PM
Kenny
michelle

Oh I totally agree - it's not just what he said it's how and the exact wording he used for sure, that pisses everyone off. But I don't think that's what he actually meant.
That's exactly what he meant. It's totally Corday's way of telling J&M/S&K fans to fuck off, without actually saying it. Subtlety (among other things) is not this man's strong suit.
Edited by Mason, Jul 3 2009, 03:24 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ellie

Mason
Jul 3 2009, 03:23 PM
michelle
That's exactly what he meant. It's totally Corday's way of telling J&M/S&K fans to fuck off, without actually saying it. Subtlety (among other things) is not this man's strong suit.
Yep. Let's look at it this way - he could have said something like, "I understand that fans of John, Marlena, Steve and Kayla might feel frustrated, but this is the decision we're going with at this time. As you can see, we're constantly reevaluating whether past characters should return. We hope you give the current stories a chance, and we're always interested in hearing fan feedback." That says almost the same thing, but of course there's a huge difference. I agree Mason, Corday's message to the fans came through loud and clear in what he did say.

Offline Profile Goto Top

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Ellie
Jul 3 2009, 03:27 PM
Mason
Jul 3 2009, 03:23 PM
michelle
Yep. Let's look at it this way - he could have said something like, "I understand that fans of John, Marlena, Steve and Kayla might feel frustrated, but this is the decision we're going with at this time. As you can see, we're constantly reevaluating whether past characters should return. We hope you give the current stories a chance, and we're always interested in hearing fan feedback." That says almost the same thing, but of course there's a huge difference. I agree Mason, Corday's message to the fans came through loud and clear in what he did say.

Ellie, that's exactly what he should have said. They should have you do it.

Although in reacting to all this I've forgotten that whatever Corday says is the exact opposite of what will happen. Like a few years back when they were done with Dimeras- they were dead or something- and now not so much. So this probably should be interpreted as him saying that S/K and J/M will be back by January.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ellie

px780
Jul 3 2009, 04:02 PM
Thanks px! Corday's press secretary - now there would be an interesting job, lol.

Offline Profile Goto Top

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

Ellie
Jul 3 2009, 04:21 PM
px780
Jul 3 2009, 04:02 PM
Thanks px! Corday's press secretary - now there would be an interesting job, lol.

You'd be doing damage control 24/7!
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic