Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: Rafe's Ex-Love; July 14th issue; Article Summary
Topic Started: Jul 1 2009, 10:45 AM (11,134 Views)
daisy132

FanODays
Jul 1 2009, 12:52 PM
I have no doubt that Roman, er Rafe, was not the cause of Anna's, er Emily's death and that Marlena, er, Sami will understand that.

Now Sami's rapist wants to protect her? I had kinda hoped EJami were gone but all that Days seem to do is to set up one triangle after another, I am not so sure about that anymore.
Well, you know, rapists stick together. :lol: Of course EJ wants to protect her. He's risked his life for her on many occasions, so why not now? :popcorn:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

DrewHamilton
Jul 1 2009, 10:57 AM
So Emily was Rafe's fiance. I bet that EJ finds Meredith (Rachel Kimsey), who turns out to be Emily's sister, who has always had a thing for Rafe, and brings her to Salem where she accuses Rafe of killing her sister, but in the end, it turns out that Meredith killed Emily and goes after Sami so she can have Rafe for herself.

Lets see how close I am. ;)
I think you may have hit on it, Drew.

Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to this.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

So stupid! I don't care about anything involving Rafe.

Thanks, Ellie!

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

samixxx
Member Avatar

Thanks for the article. I am looking forward to seeing this play out.

Rafe putting Ej on notice :popcorn: :popcorn:

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

samixxx
Jul 1 2009, 01:52 PM

Rafe putting Ej on notice :popcorn: :popcorn:
Oh yeah...just like he did at the funeral home:

"Uh...duh...guys...can't we all just get along?"

EJ's response: :eyeroll:

Of course, that was after he jumped in about an hour after Sami started pummeling EJ and he was screaming at her that she killed his baby.

Some notice. :shame:

littlemony
Member Avatar
Queen of the Underground

Paxton
Jul 1 2009, 11:12 AM
peaches179
Jul 1 2009, 11:06 AM
Real smart Sami. :eyeroll: Shacking up with a man when you just lost custody of your son. You just made Ej's job that much easier. Thanks,Ellie! :)
Not to mention she just told EJ she would let Rafe be a father to Johnny too. Dumb.
That pissed me off so much when she told EJ that. Remember when EJ was taking care of Allie and being such a good father to her, and Sami continually threw in his face that he was not her father. That was just mean. She wasn't even nice about it. Ugh.

Dorothy595
Member Avatar

Thanks Ellie!

Daysnet Australia
Member Avatar

What was the SUNSET BEACH story for Ben Evans? His wife died under "mysterious circumstances" - she fell off a boat at sea while she was with Ben's TWIN BROTHER??? Considering that DAYS hasn't had an original thought in years I'm just thinking out loud......

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Daysnet Australia
Jul 1 2009, 09:47 PM
What was the SUNSET BEACH story for Ben Evans? His wife died under "mysterious circumstances" - she fell off a boat at sea while she was with Ben's TWIN BROTHER??? Considering that DAYS hasn't had an original thought in years I'm just thinking out loud......
I didn't watch Sunset Beach, but that story makes me think of Luis and Sheridan on Passions and their "wedding day" where Sheridan falls off the boat only to wind up being rescued by Luis's long-lost brother Antonio. :lol:
Edited by IMissAremid, Jul 1 2009, 10:30 PM.

Nicole Walker

Yeah, I said that this story reminds me of Ben/Meg/Maria on Sunset Beath. I have to go into detail here cause I liked Sunset Beach. Meg was trying to get close to Ben but there was this huge secret about his ex wifes death and some people thought Ben killed his wife so Meg started digging around and I think eventually Ben told her what happened or what he thought happened(I think he told her) but it turns out his twin brother had something to do with Maria's "death". Before that tidbit came out, we found out that Maria was alive and living in some mental ward or something like that and she had no memory of anything. The interesting part was that she became friends with Meg(Ben's fiancee) but Meg didn't know that Maria was Ben's dead wife and Maria didn't know Meg was dating her husband Ben and she had no memory of Ben at all. So Meg and Maria formed a friendship(oddly Maria never saw Ben during this time cause I think she mostly stayed at that place). So Meg being the nice person she was invited Maria to her wedding. Something happens to Maria I think and she's late to the wedding. However, Maria rushes to the reception and she runs thru the double doors and as she comes in the bouquet Meg throws lands in her hands. Oh my did Meg get the shock of her life when Ben called Maria his wife. OMG that was so good. Now that's drama. I did feel bad for Meg cause she cried her eyes out when she realized her new lady friend was Ben's wife and that she was not legally married to Ben since his wife was alive. That's when SB was good.
Edited by Nicole Walker, Jul 1 2009, 11:51 PM.

Manda1

Nicole Dimera
Jul 1 2009, 11:46 PM
Yeah, I said that this story reminds me of Ben/Meg/Maria on Sunset Beath. I have to go into detail here cause I liked Sunset Beach. Meg was trying to get close to Ben but there was this huge secret about his ex wifes death and some people thought Ben killed his wife so Meg started digging around and I think eventually Ben told her what happened or what he thought happened(I think he told her) but it turns out his twin brother had something to do with Maria's "death". Before that tidbit came out, we found out that Maria was alive and living in some mental ward or something like that and she had no memory of anything. The interesting part was that she became friends with Meg(Ben's fiancee) but Meg didn't know that Maria was Ben's dead wife and Maria didn't know Meg was dating her husband Ben and she had no memory of Ben at all. So Meg and Maria formed a friendship(oddly Maria never saw Ben during this time cause I think she mostly stayed at that place). So Meg being the nice person she was invited Maria to her wedding. Something happens to Maria I think and she's late to the wedding. However, Maria rushes to the reception and she runs thru the double doors and as she comes in the bouquet Meg throws lands in her hands. Oh my did Meg get the shock of her life when Ben called Maria his wife. OMG that was so good. Now that's drama. I did feel bad for Meg cause she cried her eyes out when she realized her new lady friend was Ben's wife and that she was not legally married to Ben since his wife was alive. That's when SB was good.
I loved Sunset Beach too and Ben and Meg were my faves! I see shades of the story emerging too. Also they wrote Ben as really looking 'guilty' of is wife's murder some of the time so that you were never 100% certain about him and the great love he had for Meg and whether or not that would end up being a good thing or bad thing to be loved by Ben Evans [as Ricardo Torres would repeatedly declare].

The main challenge would be was Annie Douglas was there sceaming and stirring things up and I always thought that character was cast from the template of Sami Brady! :lol: Meredith may be brought on to instigate that role if they do take shades of this storyline.

shadeflower

All I'm going to say is if a boyfriend treated me the way Rafe just treated Sami, I'd not be asking him to move in, in fact that is a deal breaker with me. I liked Sami and Rafe together, but after that.... I'd be dropping him like a hot potatoe.

Manda1

shadeflower
Jul 2 2009, 04:36 AM
All I'm going to say is if a boyfriend treated me the way Rafe just treated Sami, I'd not be asking him to move in, in fact that is a deal breaker with me. I liked Sami and Rafe together, but after that.... I'd be dropping him like a hot potatoe.
Rafe said he would tell her about Emily in his own time not never at all. It is not as if Emily is alive and living in Salem. This is a past relationship. Now we know that she may not really be dead and will turn up sometime in the future at the most inappropriate time :laugh: but Rafe has been a guardian angel to Sami to date and the way Rafe has 'treated' her bears no comparison to how she has been 'treated' by the other men in her life the not so distant past - she has been abused a lot. I don't see Rafe doing that. I say Sami if your only competition is some dead woman and her memory you keep hold of that man, he loves you - he's in pain and maybe even a little fearful about sharing what happened in the past - but he definitely loves you and only you! So work through it. :wub:

pspcindy
Member Avatar

Why in the world is Tomlin continuing to shove this nonactor at the audience?

Rafe is duller than Austin Reed. And I don't care one bit about his backstory. Frankly, the stuffed cat on Y&R emotes more than this guy.

ets-thanks Ellie!
Edited by pspcindy, Jul 2 2009, 07:18 AM.

mer4santo
Member Avatar
whaaaaaat?

Manda1
Jul 2 2009, 05:36 AM
shadeflower
Rafe said he would tell her about Emily in his own time not never at all. It is not as if Emily is alive and living in Salem. This is a past relationship. Now we know that she may not really be dead and will turn up sometime in the future at the most inappropriate time :laugh: but Rafe has been a guardian angel to Sami to date and the way Rafe has 'treated' her bears no comparison to how she has been 'treated' by the other men in her life the not so distant past - she has been abused a lot. I don't see Rafe doing that. I say Sami if your only competition is some dead woman and her memory you keep hold of that man, he loves you - he's in pain and maybe even a little fearful about sharing what happened in the past - but he definitely loves you and only you! So work through it. :wub:
ummm....yeah.....I was hoping that Sami was learning some lessons about being with guys that mistreated her. Sorry but Rafe's ultimatum in the Pub coming out of nowhere should have flashed some humongous red flags at Sami. But hey, maybe she's colorblind.

littlemony
Member Avatar
Queen of the Underground

mer4santo
Jul 2 2009, 10:00 AM
Manda1
Jul 2 2009, 05:36 AM
shadeflower
ummm....yeah.....I was hoping that Sami was learning some lessons about being with guys that mistreated her. Sorry but Rafe's ultimatum in the Pub coming out of nowhere should have flashed some humongous red flags at Sami. But hey, maybe she's colorblind.
LMAO! Colorblind!

Ya if I was Sami I would have told him to fuck off. They've known eachother long enough and she knows nothing about him, but he knows everything about her. If he can't trust her enough to confide in her about Emily, then what do they have?

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Ahh! I freaking loved Sunset Beach and the story involving Maria's mysterious "death." Terror Island was amazing!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Sunset Beach was greatness!

Even the supernatural stuff didn't bug me as much when they did it LOL. I adored Ben and Meg and the Maria plotline, which was built up to for most of the show's first year and a half, was well worth the wait IMO. They did a great job with that.

Manda1

PhoenixRising05
Jul 2 2009, 01:45 PM

Even the supernatural stuff didn't bug me as much when they did it LOL. I adored Ben and Meg and the Maria plotline, which was built up to for most of the show's first year and a half, was well worth the wait IMO. They did a great job with that.
Yes, I watched it from day one to the end! Loved most of the cast but Ben and Meg were my faves - that was when I first discovered fanbase wars on the net. Between the Ben/Meg vs Ben/Maria camp! Well we won in the end with a wedding on the last eppy! I have very fond memories of that show! I was gutted that that cancelled it and replaced it with the junk that was Passios! Sorry in advance to any Passions fans!

mirabella

Manda1
Jul 2 2009, 02:02 PM
PhoenixRising05
Jul 2 2009, 01:45 PM

Yes, I watched it from day one to the end! Loved most of the cast but Ben and Meg were my faves - that was when I first discovered fanbase wars on the net. Between the Ben/Meg vs Ben/Maria camp! Well we won in the end with a wedding on the last eppy! I have very fond memories of that show! I was gutted that that cancelled it and replaced it with the junk that was Passios! Sorry in advance to any Passions fans!
Passions didn't replace Sunset Beach but in most markets SuBe was moved to a late night spot so they lost viewers. I was a fan, too, as well as a fan of Passions. Many people wouldn't watch Passions because they said that it took Another World's spot but that wasn't true either. AW was cancelled.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply