Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: Rafe's Ex-Love; July 14th issue; Article Summary
Topic Started: Jul 1 2009, 10:45 AM (11,165 Views)
Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

luvpumpkns
Jul 13 2009, 09:07 AM
i really don't have a dog in this fight, but i stand by what i said. if you poke around the three major days boards, the people supporting ejami far outnumber the ones that support safe or even lumi at this point(though it wasn't always that way). go into any thread about safe, and you'll usually see four or five dedicated safe fans defending their cause, and a hell of a lot more ejami fans in there arguing with them. at least that has been my experience. perhaps the ejami fans are just more vocal in their hatred of rafe, but of the three general boards, it seems to me that rafe and sami get criticized more so than any other couple.

Sorry, but I disagree.

I'm tired of defending my couple and dont care about SAFE, but its the SAME people posting on those threads you are talking about. All they do is bump up threads with "good morning," "good afternoon" "I hate the....."
Then you have this one poster create 10 threads all leading the SAME people to agree with his thoughts. Sure, there's one or two people that will argue, but its pretty pointless. That's why I dont post there.
Liz
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

When I first started becoming a more active poster here I enjoyed the opportunity to 'debate' the merits of the couple I support vs. their interlopers. (Not picking a fight with that - I realize there are others that would state EJami are the interlopers in each other's current pairing). I have been a member here and at NBC and Sony for quite a long time but my 'home base', so to speak, was Forbidden Love. I had never visited Sony all that often and my few experiences at NBC were wholly negative. As luv mentioned, there was a heavy Lumi bias in the moderating when I first started coming to the message boards and I found that to be off setting, to say the least. I will say that posting here has been a learning experience, and part of that is to simply just pick the battles that matter to me. I don't argue in every thread - and I do so far less regularly now than even a couple of months ago. It's just not worth the time and effort. But there are occassions when a new interview comes out, or a spoiler or something to spark a new twist on the old debates and I enjoy the opportunity to chime in. In no way do I believe any of the sites give a true picture of what type of fan support there is for a couple, with the possible exception of boards that specifically ship one couple. The 'general' boards are not a comfortable fit for everyone because lots of people don't care for the debating, bickering, arguing - whatever you want to call it. When I went on line looking for information regarding EJ and Sami I found a safe haven at FL and have been happily ensconced there ever since. I'm sure the same is true for those who hang out at 2nd Chances, The Dirty Martini or any of the other couple shipping sites. So it would seem to me that IF (note the big IF) TPTB are checking out boards they'll get a better feel for numbers if they frequent the sites that eliminate the need to weed through to see who likes whom. And I'm not talking about just the size of the membership as I'm sure different sites count that in different ways. But I would think that the level of activity on a site - the total number of threads, total posts per hour or day, etc. would give them a decent idea as to how actively a pairing is supported.

Just my opinion...
Edited by SocRMum1, Jul 13 2009, 12:52 PM.

Tammy101
Member Avatar

Give me a great story, with unbelievable chemistry and amazing acting and I will watch that each and every time. That is what I find in Ejami and what seriously lacks in Safe. Safe sucks as much as cleaning my toilets but at the end of the day, at least I have the satisfaction of my shitter being clean...not so much with Safe.

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

Taelyn
Jul 11 2009, 07:13 PM
SocRMum1
Jul 9 2009, 05:43 PM
Taelyn
Jul 9 2009, 02:29 PM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deephe is not being shoved down our throats
I agree completely with what Daisy said. It was a foregone conclusion from the moment it was announced that GG was joining the show that he was being brought on to pair with Sami. No build up. No chemistry testing with other actors. Rafe was strapped to Sami's storyline like a vice - and there was no shaking him loose. It's a pity, too. I like GG well enough. I'm not a fan of the character - and I didn't watch Passions - but my impression is we're really not watching this man 'act'. I think he memorizes the lines, and he says the lines. They block the scene and he hits his mark. And that's that. Anything beyond that and he fades in to the background. I get the sense that Ali tries to compensate for his lack of emotion and ends up over doing things. It's a vicious cycle.

Chemistry can't be forced. I realize there are people that like this pairing for whatever reason - but I just don't see great chemistry here. If one's preference is for a cookie cutter, too good to be true 'love' story then it appears that's what they are getting with Safe. For now. But I think once the truth comes out about baby Sydney and Sami realizes that her daughter is alive and well all bets will be off. Rafe, just like GG, will fade in to the background.
:) well as your a devout Ejami Im not too surprised you agree with Daisy, and thats cool.. we all like who we like, and when we dont like someone their percieved faults are ALL we focus on.

But why do you think that when Sami discovers Sydney is alive and hers that will somehow make her stop loving Rafe?.. She loved Rafe when she originally thought her child was alive, so what will be different?
Sami has never questioned EJ's love for his childfren, that has never been the problem. Also its very possible she may think he was involved in the baby switch and create even more distrust.
The simple truth is Sami loves Rafe, and her joy at discovering her baby is alive wont change that, Im sure he will be almost as thrilled.. as he too bonded with baby in her womb, as well as the baby she raised as her own.

So I just dont see it happening that way, because..at the end of the day EJ will *STILL* be a hated DiMera.
I don't see a great love between Rafe and Sami, I see someone she's settled for and can use to keep Ej at bay; at least until she decides she doesn't want him at bay any longer.

EJ will always be a DiMera but the only DiMera Sami hates is Stephano. :P
Edited by SpriteEyes, Jul 13 2009, 03:15 PM.

daisy132

luvpumpkns
Jul 13 2009, 07:27 AM
back when i was posting on nbc a couple of years ago, they had some lumi mods that were honestly very unfair to the ejami fans. the ejamis have sony now, though, so it all evens out.
The same mods are still there, and now they have only Lumi and Safe mods that continually move the Ejami threads off the main board and only keep the Safe ones on. Oh, and the Lumi and Safe fans are allowed to say whatever they want, and they still expell Ejami fans for every little thing they can find, real or imagined.

lazydazes
Member Avatar

Quote:

I agree completely with what Daisy said. It was a foregone conclusion from the moment it was announced that GG was joining the show that he was being brought on to pair with Sami. No build up. No chemistry testing with other actors. Rafe was strapped to Sami's storyline like a vice - and there was no shaking him loose.

Galen Gering just jumped on the same train that James was on. Actually, the same argument can be used for EJ. When James Scott entered the scene, Sami was the only character that he interacted with. It was Samantha all the way. It was Ejami and that horrid Santos/Colleen crap that drove the show into the ground. They didn't try to see if EJ had any chemistry with anyone else on the show. The scribes were hellbent on putting those two together no matter what. Lumi fans were screwed over after years of ups/downs. Those waiting for Ejami can finally relate to how everyone else feels Finally. Rafe has ridden in on his white horse and whisked Sami off her feet. I'm a member of Sony, NBC, and countless others. I know how it rolls on all of them. The thread starts off about one topic and then suddenly progresses to an "I don't see why you like so and so" thread. Go read those posts. It's the same people posting back and forth once they get their train going. I don't post as often as many others, but I am still a DAYS fan all the way. There are a lot of members like me who read the posts and simply don't reply. Some are just more likely to post than others. So, other voices cannot be discounted even if they aren't as vocal and it also shoots all kinds of holes in the theory that everybody wants Ejami together. I'm a big James Scott and Arianne Zucker fan and proud of it. So, I'm going to skip all the rhythm and roll to try and prove why I like them. I would prefer an EJ/Nicole story with Brady thrown in to mix it up a bit. The writers screwed up big time when they started hampering with EJ/Nicole and removed Brady from their story. There was some serious storyline potential there for some serious sizzle and drama. As for Sami, Rafe is a genius in the fact that finally I don't have to lay down on my FFWD button whenever she comes on. That is saying a lot. If he can make me tolerate Sami, he's damn good in my opinion. She's not screaming or pulling a temper tantrum that's so unbecoming of a thirty something year old woman with children. Besides, Rafe is a good guy not to mention hot. Rafe doesn't have to be a mass murderer or master criminal to be "hot". It's okay to be a nice guy after all. I'm excited about Rafe's storyline and can't wait to see what secrets he's hiding. Who doesn't have a few skeletons in their closet in Salem? We'd only be able to elect Ciara, Grace, Allie, and Johnny in that category. But, I'm sure even they have snuck an extra cookie in there every now and then to make them "bad". I just had to throw my two cents in because it seems that Rafe is going through the same thing that Nicole and Lucas have been going through for months. In some eyes, Rafe will never be able do enough because he's getting in the way of Ejami. And that's a fact. :rockon:

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

lazydazes
Jul 13 2009, 06:24 PM
Quote:

I agree completely with what Daisy said. It was a foregone conclusion from the moment it was announced that GG was joining the show that he was being brought on to pair with Sami. No build up. No chemistry testing with other actors. Rafe was strapped to Sami's storyline like a vice - and there was no shaking him loose.

Galen Gering just jumped on the same train that James was on. Actually, the same argument can be used for EJ. When James Scott entered the scene, Sami was the only character that he interacted with. It was Samantha all the way.
I remember EJ being connected to Kate and some flirtations with Billie. I remember them playing the "sexy" music in a few scenes with red headed Stephanie (and didn't JS at one point think he was going to get paired with her) and they played the sexy music again with Abby. Jack flipped out on Abby for even looking in EJ's direction.

I dont remember how long WP was but I remember them doing a little something with Rafe & Hope, where Bo got all jealous.

Not regarding your post, but I don't understand why people get SOOOOOOOOO bent out of shape if someone hates or loves a particular pairing or character. I personally loved EJami, like the idea of Melanie with either Brady or Phil, Stephanie with Owen, Chloe with Stefano, Kate with Nickalaus Allamaine, Nick Fallon with Billie, Hope with John...I realize there are people who would rather stick a thousand hot searing needles into their eyes before seeing these pairings but I like stories with people who shouldn't be together but are drawn to one another but I understand their distaste. People's distaste or disagreement with my preferences take nothing away from me if they express so...it's not a personal attack.

mer4santo
Member Avatar

I always find it interesting that every fanbase believes irrevocably that 'their' couple is the one that brings in the good ratings and anything else drops them. If the show revolved only around one couple this would be a good argument but there typically are 3-4 stories running at a time and the whole of the show is what is sinking this ship entirely.

Regardless of who I personally like or dislike the writing for the entire show is shallow and poorly conceived. If that changed overall even watching couples you dislike might provide entertainment.

If you only watch one couple and not the entire show you aren't a fan Days imo. I mean I ff through parts of many episodes but I watch it each and every day and pick up on what is happening. People who stop watching the show because 'their' couple isn't at the forefront don't help the show overall.

mirabella

daisy132
Jul 13 2009, 06:06 PM
luvpumpkns
Jul 13 2009, 07:27 AM
back when i was posting on nbc a couple of years ago, they had some lumi mods that were honestly very unfair to the ejami fans. the ejamis have sony now, though, so it all evens out.
The same mods are still there, and now they have only Lumi and Safe mods that continually move the Ejami threads off the main board and only keep the Safe ones on. Oh, and the Lumi and Safe fans are allowed to say whatever they want, and they still expell Ejami fans for every little thing they can find, real or imagined.
Wow! The funny thing is that some of us SAFE fans, including myself, were thinking that every time we post something positive about Sami and Rafe on the main board at NBC, it is moved to our sub forum. I guess they don't like posts that are just about one couple or character on the main board. I was thinking it was just Safe threads that were being moved, but then I noticed that if there is a post about Rafe/Sami/EJ/Nicole/Lucas, then it is moved to the triangles forum. I didn't think all that much about it but was just wondering what was exactly was allowed to be posted on the main board. I am still not really sure what is ok to post on the main board but I don't worry about it because if I have posted in the wrong place, someone will move it for me.

Right now on the first page of the NBC Days main board, no posts have been moved. I don't see any threads about Lumi but a whole bunch about Stephanie, one about EJ being redeemed that has been on the main board since July 8th. The other 4 posts that have EJ, Sami, Rafe and/or Nicole in the heading were just started since the show ended today. I expect some of them will be moved to the forum they are supposed to be in.

I have not seen any mod post in our Safe forum except to tell us that she moved a post there or edited something in a post. I don't believe any of them are Safe fans. I do know that one is a Galen fan because she has a picture of him (only him) in her signature. As far as I know she has never posted in the SAFE thread or SAFE sub-forum. Other than that one being a Galen fan, I would not know if any of the others are fans of a particular couple because I have seen no indication of that. I also have not seen Lumi and Safe fans say whatever they want while Ejami fans are expelled for every little thing but then I don't read posts except in the SAFE area, spoiler forum, and the main board on occasion. I am sorry if you feel that you have been unjustly treated at that board. I know how it feels.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

it always felt to me like someone was reading the boards. by all means i'm not saying what people want on message boards is the end-all and be-all of what ends up on the show, but there would be times i'd be suspicious--like a poster would make a funny crack about a character, or say 'wouldn't it be nice if so and so happened--' and then bam, a couple of months later, you'd see the same joke on the show. i can honestly really only think of two or three times this happened in the past(and it was always an nbc poster) but it has happened. maybe it was just an errant writer mining for ideas--who knows.

i guess i just think that IF the show wanted input on a certain couple or storyline, the easiest and most logical thing to do would be to check a general board. plus boards have the advantage of being frequented by the group most advertisers lust for--18-30. i'm just saying that if i was in charge, i'd sniff around the internet to see what people thought about the show.

and i do also think the ejami fans have been heard. people can pooh pooh the idea that TPTB might take a fanbase into account, but i have to wonder exactly WHY such lengths were gone to to make sure that couple is still a viable option. from what i heard, the studio was bombarded during the whole RINR campaign, and not many months later, you still have the whole rape thing retconned with the 'it wasn't like that and we both know it' speech--even though sami said it was rape, lucas shot ej thinking she was raped, and will ran away thinking his mother was marrying her rapist. i guess from seeing what lengths this show has gone to make sure ej and sami aren't totally tabled as a couple(which they should be, IMO, considering the disgusting things they've done and said to each other) has to be attributed to something. perhaps corday has as much of a hard-on for ejami as he did for shelle. i don't know. i've just always felt that the very real online popularity of ejami had something to do with it.
Edited by luvpumpkns, Jul 13 2009, 07:13 PM.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

lazydazes
Quote:

Galen Gering just jumped on the same train that James was on. Actually, the same argument can be used for EJ. When James Scott entered the scene, Sami was the only character that he interacted with. It was Samantha all the way. It was Ejami and that horrid Santos/Colleen crap that drove the show into the ground. They didn't try to see if EJ had any chemistry with anyone else on the show. The scribes were hellbent on putting those two together no matter what. Lumi fans were screwed over after years of ups/downs. Those waiting for Ejami can finally relate to how everyone else feels Finally.
I think there was a huge difference in the intent when EJ entered the scene versus Rafe. James Scott has said he knew before he took the job that EJ would be a DiMera. However, the first few months on the show that fact was hidden from Sami as well as the viewers. I don't believe they brought JS on to pair with Alison Sweeney intentionally - I think he was brought in to resurge the DiMeras on the canvas and to be an interloper and create angst for Lumi. What TPTB didn't count on was the white hot chemistry that ignited between JS and AS - and the impact it had on viewers. Rather than react to it and go with it, they continued on with their original intent by following through on the whole 12/29 storyline. But somewhere along the way I think they realized they had screwed up royally and recognized the potential with this pairing - and they've been struggling to recover from their initial mistakes ever since. I agree that the entire Santeen storyline was created to serve the immediate need of giving fans the opportunity to enjoy the chemistry between JS & AS - but they knew it would take some tremendous time and effort to get to a similar point with the characters of EJ and Sami because of their earlier ignorance and the colossal mistake of not recognizing the growing and ardent support of the EJami fan base and the audience in general.

If it turns out that Rafe is actually a DiMera or some other sinister thing like that, and is only befriending Sami as a means to an end - then I'll eat my words. But to say at this point in time that GG is on the same train that JS was on just isn't the case. In fact, it's the polar opposite. TPTB failed to chem test in both cases - and each time it seems to me they are finding out that the fans want the opposite of what they intended.

daisy132

luvpumpkns
Jul 13 2009, 07:12 PM
it always felt to me like someone was reading the boards. by all means i'm not saying what people want on message boards is the end-all and be-all of what ends up on the show, but there would be times i'd be suspicious--like a poster would make a funny crack about a character, or say 'wouldn't it be nice if so and so happened--' and then bam, a couple of months later, you'd see the same joke on the show. i can honestly really only think of two or three times this happened in the past(and it was always an nbc poster) but it has happened. maybe it was just an errant writer mining for ideas--who knows.

i guess i just think that IF the show wanted input on a certain couple or storyline, the easiest and most logical thing to do would be to check a general board. plus boards have the advantage of being frequented by the group most advertisers lust for--18-30. i'm just saying that if i was in charge, i'd sniff around the internet to see what people thought about the show.

and i do also think the ejami fans have been heard. people can pooh pooh the idea that TPTB might take a fanbase into account, but i have to wonder exactly WHY such lengths were gone to to make sure that couple is still a viable option. from what i heard, the studio was bombarded during the whole RINR campaign, and not many months later, you still have the whole rape thing retconned with the 'it wasn't like that and we both know it' speech--even though sami said it was rape, lucas shot ej thinking she was raped, and will ran away thinking his mother was marrying her rapist. i guess from seeing what lengths this show has gone to make sure ej and sami aren't totally tabled as a couple(which they should be, IMO, considering the disgusting things they've done and said to each other) has to be attributed to something. perhaps corday has as much of a hard-on for ejami as he did for shelle. i don't know. i've just always felt that the very real online popularity of ejami had something to do with it.
Hey, even some actors are Ejami fans. Molly Burnett is one that we know of.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

mesagirl
Jul 10 2009, 03:14 PM
Paxton
Jul 10 2009, 09:16 AM
daisy132
Jul 9 2009, 06:56 PM

This couple is very poorly received. This board, and others are proof of that. I'm not talking about boards monitored by Safe and Lumi fans only, boards which are only "regular" because they belong to networks (well, one in particular). But even there, if you check out the Ejami thread, you will notice that there are many still coming in, despite the fact that our couple is not having a storyline together, per se. The same is true of Lumi fans. What you are reading is promotion. Millions of positive articles about this couple is not going to make the audience like them more. I won't say most (although it may be accurate), but A LOT of viewers don't like them.

First of all, I don't have a dog in this fight because I can't stand Sami and don't care about Safe. Let me make that abundantly clear up front. My preference would be for Sami to be written offscreen permanently.

That being said, on what evidence are you basing your statement that this couple is very poorly received? On the boards? I still don't understand why people will claim that a couple is popular or unpopular based strictly on what they see on message boards, for a variety of reasons:

1. Message boards only represent a small fragment of the viewing audience. This board, for example, currently has just over 4,400 members, and not all of those posters are Days fans. I only post about Days and I recognize most of the posters who post about the show regularly and it isn't anywhere near 4400 people. Days has an audience of between 2.5 and 3 million people and I would be very surprised if even 10% of that figure was represented on all the Days/soap boards put together.

2. Some fanbases are more, shall we say, vocal and motivated than others. Not to mention which boards have different "personalities." There are boards where some fanbases are more active than others. That doesn't mean there are necessarily MORE fans of that couple. It could mean that people from opposing fanbases don't feel like getting into arguments every single time they want to post something favorable about their couple.

3. Shipper boards are often unreliable indicators of the size of a fanbase. Private boards, which many shipper boards are, which require registration artifically inflate numbers, because people who even want to check out the board one time to see if it's something they're interested in have to sign up, thus adding a member and boosting the count. Even if that person reads the board once and decides it isn't for him or her, they're a member now and I doubt most people ever ask to have their account deleted. People also change their minds about couples, sign up to "spy," or simply like having access to day-ahead clips.

4. And last but not least, sock puppets and spamming make statements of who or what is popular or unpopular incredibly unreliable. I have no doubt the studio is aware of these facts, and if they don't, well, they need to move into the 21st century. I don't believe at all that the studio makes decisions based on boards.

So, whether Safe is "really" popular or not, I don't know, but I certainly don't know it based on boards. I would have to have access to the studio's mail count, comment lines, and producer meetings to have a clue about that.
Well said.

I don't know how anyone can "claim to know" anything about a particular couple's popularity unless they are officially affiliated with the show.

Well said and ITA with you. Great post!!

mer4santo
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Jul 13 2009, 07:15 PM
If it turns out that Rafe is actually a DiMera
Please lawdy, no. That would be just as bad as John being one. :drunk:

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

Rafey ain't got the balls to be a Dimera...at least John had balls!!LOL..oh forgot to add..he needs a personality too..maybe he can take a trip to see the Wizard,and get his boring ass off my tv screen..I am tired of fastforwarding through his ass :sleep:
Edited by EjsGaGirl, Jul 13 2009, 08:21 PM.

lazydazes
Member Avatar

This goes back to my earlier statement about threads being turned into something other than what the original poster intended. It started out about the article in SOW about Rafe's ex-love. Now, as usual it's turned into a thread to pump up and gush about why Ejami is the "it" couple or "endgame". Spare us all. This is always done countless times no matter what board you post on.

daisy132

lazydazes
Jul 13 2009, 08:17 PM
This goes back to my earlier statement about threads being turned into something other than what the original poster intended. It started out about the article in SOW about Rafe's ex-love. Now, as usual it's turned into a thread to pump up and gush about why Ejami is the "it" couple or "endgame". Spare us all. This is always done countless times no matter what board you post on.
Never fails. Everywhere you go, every thread turns out like this. It's always predictable.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

daisy132
Jul 13 2009, 08:30 PM
lazydazes
Never fails. Everywhere you go, every thread turns out like this. It's always predictable.
Are they suppose to stay on topic? I thought the purpose of the boards were to generate conversations and conversations sometimes veer off the original topic.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

lazydazes
I agree the thread is way off topic at this point...but my last post was simply a reply to yours on the last page. So why is it now an issue for you that the thread is off topic?

It's a discussion board. I see no reason why the discussions can't flow - particularly when they aren't getting overly nasty.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

mer4santo
Jul 13 2009, 07:55 PM
SocRMum1
Jul 13 2009, 07:15 PM
If it turns out that Rafe is actually a DiMera
Please lawdy, no. That would be just as bad as John being one. :drunk:
Oh, don't get me wrong. I'm not supporting the idea...which is why I don't expect to be eating my words. ;)

lazydazes
Member Avatar

Quote:

I agree the thread is way off topic at this point...but my last post was simply a reply to yours on the last page. So why is it now an issue for you that the thread is off topic?

:wave: If you would go back and read my original post, you can see that I stated there how threads are always getting off topic. Besides, this thread was WAY off topic before I posted my two cents at 130-something. I think that some posters were posting off topic way back before I jumped in. Besides, its a moot point considering threads only stray off-topic when Ejami is involved. All threads should be labeled general then if we are going to talk about everything. There would be no point in even naming a thread. It always goes back to Ejami. Point proven again.

mer4santo
Member Avatar

EJami = 42

Nicole Walker

Loved Rafe today. I hope Rafe is not a Dimera but if he is that's gonna be hilarious.

Ljay
Member Avatar

I don't know what I'm gonna get for saying this but what if Rafe is a half brother to Ej like John was to Stephano? I know that Rafe doesnt have what Ej has, but neither did John once he was the NuJohn. I wondering if this is what they are gonna do? If they are tryin to make Sami out as another Marlena, that would be the same difference. Stefano always wanted Marlena, but John always had her. Just a thought here. LOL :rolleyes:
Edited by Ljay, Jul 14 2009, 01:30 AM.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

i hope rafe doesn't become a dimera--not because i hate the character or anything, but because i'm tired of how this show feels the need to constantly tie unrelated charactes to core families. we need some fresh blood on this show. when everyone has one of three last names, it starts getting complicated as to who can sleep with who without commiting incest--not that TPTB have much cared about that in recent years, but it's safe to say the audience does.

ejami4ever

daisy132
Jul 12 2009, 01:34 PM
Manda1
Jul 12 2009, 01:28 PM
daisy132
Jul 12 2009, 12:48 PM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
Ah yes I forgot that :wow: ..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: But until then....go Safe! :jedi: :jedi: :jedi:
Ugh! Safe hardly qualifies for "the best"... You can only look at eye candy for so long, and then you get tired of it. We're tired already. -_- Wake us up when it's over.
I totally agree. I am sick of SAFE already and need to see EJAMI at their best again. Never has their been such chemistry. I can't wait until they find out about Sydney.
Edited by ejami4ever, Jul 14 2009, 09:00 PM.

samixxx
Member Avatar

I thought Rafe was great. "It totally rubs [EJ] the wrong way, and Rafe takes a little enjoyment out of that." I did too. :cheer:

heidi
Member Avatar

Does anybody besides me not give a bat crap who Sami is with? She could do an entire aircraft carrier full of men for all I care. I just want to see good story telling. What that story is, I don't care. I've been watching this stupid show since I was 12 (that's 29 years and an unfathomable number or wasted hours) and I can tell you it just doesn't matter who she's with or not with this year, or this week, because it's going to be somebody else eventually.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

lazydazes
Amen to what you said. I am so tired of hearing EJAMI is endgame. Who knows who is going to be endgame anyway? No writer is going to tell us ahead of time who is going to be with who anyhow. And who says that Dena is going to be the head writer when the show ends? She can be replaced at any time, like she was on OLTL.

FLRose

Halloween Family
Jul 13 2009, 06:38 PM
lazydazes
Quote:

Galen Gering just jumped on the same train that James was on. Actually, the same argument can be used for EJ. When James Scott entered the scene, Sami was the only character that he interacted with. It was Samantha all the way.
I remember EJ being connected to Kate and some flirtations with Billie. I remember them playing the "sexy" music in a few scenes with red headed Stephanie (and didn't JS at one point think he was going to get paired with her) and they played the sexy music again with Abby. Jack flipped out on Abby for even looking in EJ's direction.

I dont remember how long WP was but I remember them doing a little something with Rafe & Hope, where Bo got all jealous.

Not regarding your post, but I don't understand why people get SOOOOOOOOO bent out of shape if someone hates or loves a particular pairing or character. I personally loved EJami, like the idea of Melanie with either Brady or Phil, Stephanie with Owen, Chloe with Stefano, Kate with Nickalaus Allamaine, Nick Fallon with Billie, Hope with John...I realize there are people who would rather stick a thousand hot searing needles into their eyes before seeing these pairings but I like stories with people who shouldn't be together but are drawn to one another but I understand their distaste. People's distaste or disagreement with my preferences take nothing away from me if they express so...it's not a personal attack.
I've gotta say I love your post. I liked all of those pairings - I even liked John and Kristin.

daysknowitall
Member Avatar

samixxx
Jul 14 2009, 09:50 PM
I thought Rafe was great. "It totally rubs [EJ] the wrong way, and Rafe takes a little enjoyment out of that." I did too. :cheer:
I loved it too! I can't wait until the next time Rafe is rubbin' it in!
Yep the endgame is no more, there is a new game in town....SAFE baby!

jeanneshuis
Member Avatar

tiffany8053
Jul 17 2009, 08:44 AM
samixxx

yeppers go SAFE

BTW 9 weeks in row winning sod fav couple
;)

daisy132

tiffany8053
samixxx
Safe is not a game, it's a filler.

daisy132

jeanneshuis
Jul 17 2009, 09:16 AM
tiffany8053
samixxx

yeppers go SAFE

BTW 9 weeks in row winning sod fav couple
;)
Ejami has won practically every poll for the past two years, at least. As for Safe winning, maybe it is because it's mostly Safe fans voting, because most of us refuse to watch.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

daisy132
Jul 17 2009, 10:50 PM
jeanneshuis
Jul 17 2009, 09:16 AM
tiffany8053

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep[EJ] the wrong way, and Rafe takes a little enjoyment out of that
Ejami has won practically every poll for the past two years, at least. As for Safe winning, maybe it is because it's mostly Safe fans voting, because most of us refuse to watch.
I don't put a lot of stock in the polls regardless of who's winning them. For example, the SOD poll - Payla had an absolute lock on that poll for a couple of years. Other than possibly Jarlena maybe once, I don't think anyone else ever won it during the time Payla was back on the show. But that certainly was no reflection on their storyline...they were completed wasted the entire time. Immediately after Payla was off the show EJami won for a few weeks - without any concentrated campaigning that I'm aware of. Most of the EJami fans I know were quite surprised. :lol: But again, it certainly had no impact on what was currently happening on the show nor do I think the writers or TPTB pay it much attention.

Just as daisy said, EJami have won countless polls and have done so for the past three years. But in the end, it's nothing more than fodder for arguments like this or bragging rights for the fan bases to pat themselves on the back with. :shrug:

Nicole Walker

I remember Ejami's bragging about winning the SOD poll like it was gold or something. Please know that I am LMFAO right now. Safe knocked them right out of the game for 9 wks straight. Days is number 3 and is doing better than it has in a while now. Oh this couldn't get any funnier or maybe it could. :lol:
Edited by Nicole Walker, Jul 18 2009, 07:23 PM.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

Nicole Dimera
Jul 18 2009, 07:20 PM
I remember Ejami's bragging about winning the SOD poll like it was gold or something. Please know that I am LMFAO right now. Safe knocked them right out of the game for 9 wks straight. Days is number 3 and is doing better than it has in a while now. Oh this couldn't get any funnier or maybe it could. :lol:
Perhaps. I'm sure there were some EJamis touting about it. I wasn't one of them. But laugh away. Enjoy it while it lasts because sooner or later the EJole and Safe fans will be commiserating together while EJamis are celebrating their couple finally being together. :)

mesagirl
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Jul 18 2009, 11:44 PM
Nicole Dimera
Perhaps. I'm sure there were some EJamis touting about it. I wasn't one of them. But laugh away. Enjoy it while it lasts because sooner or later the EJole and Safe fans will be commiserating together while EJamis are celebrating their couple finally being together. :)
I never believe the polls since they are so easily spammable. But I have to say that EJami fans were hollering at the top of their collective lungs when EJami was winning these polls. I just find it really funny when the tables turn and its now Safe winning all the polls, that the very same polls that they were crowing about winning, have suddenly become unreliable. That was never something that they mentioned while they were celebrating their win at the polls. :wink:

I don't really understand why tptb would keep EJ and Sami as a possible viable couple (I don't think that's what they are doing either based on what I am seeing play out). I'd be willing to bet that if that were to happen, that the RINR campaign would be back in full swing. I personally feel that the writers have done nothing successful in making people forget what happened that one December, as it still gets brought up all the time, and there's all the other heinous shit that EJ put Sami and her family through that has still been left without any real resolution. I just don't see EJ and Sami ever coming to fruition. The only way it's happened so far with both of them happily in love together, is through Santeen (which was such a god awful s/l as it was). So unless they have something similar in mind, I don't think we'll be seeing yet another attempt at EJ and Sami being together romantically. It's failed with every attempt so far, I don't see anything that has changed that. In fact EJ has continued to do more horrid things to Sami and her family. He's certainly done nothing to endear himself to the Brady's, especially Sami. That's my take on it anyway. :tounge:

mer4santo
Member Avatar

Who cares?

Tptb are going to give you what they give you and you are going to get what you get. It has nothing to do with fan polls. Obviously tptb don't give a shit about their fans or they'd have improved the writing and the storylines, remembered history and used the characters to tell their stories.

Deleted User
Deleted User

mesagirl
Jul 19 2009, 12:12 AM
SocRMum1
Nicole Dimera
I never believe the polls since they are so easily spammable. But I have to say that EJami fans were hollering at the top of their collective lungs when EJami was winning these polls. I just find it really funny when the tables turn and its now Safe winning all the polls, that the very same polls that they were crowing about winning, have suddenly become unreliable. That was never something that they mentioned while they were celebrating their win at the polls. :wink:

I don't really understand why tptb would keep EJ and Sami as a possible viable couple (I don't think that's what they are doing either based on what I am seeing play out). I'd be willing to bet that if that were to happen, that the RINR campaign would be back in full swing. I personally feel that the writers have done nothing successful in making people forget what happened that one December, as it still gets brought up all the time, and there's all the other heinous shit that EJ put Sami and her family through that has still been left without any real resolution. I just don't see EJ and Sami ever coming to fruition. The only way it's happened so far with both of them happily in love together, is through Santeen (which was such a god awful s/l as it was). So unless they have something similar in mind, I don't think we'll be seeing yet another attempt at EJ and Sami being together romantically. It's failed with every attempt so far, I don't see anything that has changed that. In fact EJ has continued to do more horrid things to Sami and her family. He's certainly done nothing to endear himself to the Brady's, especially Sami. That's my take on it anyway. :tounge:
To me, Safe fans should celebrate winning the poll. I don't see anything wrong with that, just like there was nothing wrong with EJami yelling with "their collective lungs" about their win. I'm another of those EJami fans who wasn't yelling. SOD is biased rag in my POV -- their polls mean as much to me a piece of lint in my dryer.

What is the measurement of success or failure? Safe, EJole, Lumi - can any of those couples claim true rating success when measured against John and Marlena, Steve and Kayla or Bo and Hope in their heyday? If we use the "supercouples" ratings at their highest as the standard to measure by, I'd say all of the newer couples look pathetic in comparison.

EJami, unlike the rest of the newer couples cited, has never had the full force of the Days publicity machine behind it. The show doesn't acknowledge them as ever having been a couple. And with good reason, they've never been given a true chance to be a couple. On the other hand, EJole, Safe and Lumi all of have had publicity shots, promos, acknowledgment by TPTB as "couples," numerous magazines articles pushing them -- basically, the full court press. And still, not a one of them have managed to bring the ratings up in a significant way although blessed good housekeeping seal of approval by the mere fact of them not being EJami. EJami also hasn't managed that kind of rating success either.

The ratings are relatively stable right now. But Days has the same ratings now in third place that Hogan Sheffer had in 8th place. There are quite a few days this year that share the same ratings as during Hogan Sheffer's time with Days. Why are these ratings considered a good thing now when they were considered a massive failure then? Could it be that the competition is weaker now? Days looks good when compared to the rest of the pack.

The measure of success is if an individual fan likes a couple or not. You hold out hope that your couple may be given a shot. If it doesn't happen, hey, those are the breaks. I never thought I'd see the day when a 1.9 rating would be considered success. If that can happen then I'm inclined to believe that even the "dreaded" EJami will get their shot as a couple eventually.

Quote Post Goto Top

daisy132

mesagirl
SocRMum1
Nicole Dimera

Mesagirl, I really like you as a fellow poster. You are a great animal lover, and seem to be a really nice person. That said, the RINR is really old. TPTB are probably as tired of it as most of us are. I'm sure that if Ejami got together it would come out again, after all, the rape comments come out right on schedule with any "threatening" Ejami scenes aired. I do understand the issue is sensitive, especially if one's personal life is affected, but there are actual rape victims that belong to the Ejami fanbase as well, or Ejami fans that have been indirectly affected by it. I think that most of us are able to differentiate between real life and fiction, and would like the opportunity to enjoy our couple just like any other viewer. I firmly believe that TPTB know this, and tha'ts why they have taken the steps to put the matter to rest. Sami forgiving EJ was enough, most of us were greatful for their efforts and went on from there. TPTB can't worry about those who can't, as there will always be some.
Edited by daisy132, Jul 19 2009, 01:53 PM.

six
Member Avatar

I like voting in things and usually participate in polls that only require clicking a button (so no voting in that soap Adonis thing where you have to fill out a form, for me). That said, I don't put any real stock in that, or what other people foresee or don't foresee happening in the future. The gulf between the story directions that people saw coming that actually happened and the things that we missed, or got wrong is huge.

Soaps being what they are, I'm not totally writing off any couple for good, unless one half of said couple leaves town. The rinr pushers never thought Sydney would exist, and the ejamis who loved the way Nicole was pushing Sami toward EJ never saw the ejole pregnancy coming a few weeks later. Something will happen to safe too (and not a minute too soon ;) ). No one is immune from the geometric virus spreading through Salem. With the state of DOOL today, no new couple will get the sort of "happily ever after" that the older couples got unless they have it off screen, unless something drastic changes, anyway. The show won't make it that long.

Deleted User
Deleted User

What does "RINR" stand for?
Quote Post Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

rape is not romance. An anti ejami campaign. They sent pictures in to the show showing Sami crying in the car, and also made banners of the same scene to use on boards for awhile. Obviously, their complaints weren't heeded.
Edited by six, Jul 19 2009, 01:39 PM.

mesagirl
Member Avatar

daisy132
Jul 19 2009, 11:41 AM
mesagirl
SocRMum1

Mesagirl, I really like you as a fellow poster. You are a great animal lover, and seem to be a really nice person. That said, the RINR is really old. TPTB is probably as tired of it as most of us are. I'm sure that if Ejami got together it would come out again, after all, the rape comments come out right on schedule with any "threatening" Ejami scenes aired. I do understand the issue is sensitive, especially if one's personal life is affected, but there are actual rape victims that belong to the Ejami fanbase as well, or Ejami fans that have been indirectly affected by it. I think that most of us are able to differentiate between real life and fiction, and would like the opportunity to enjoy our couple like any other viewer. I firmly believe that TPTB know this, and tha'ts why they have taken the steps to put the matter to rest. Sami forgiving EJ was enough, most of us were greatful for their efforts and went on from there. TPTB can't worry about those who can't, as there will always be some.
Thanks Daisy. I like you as a poster as well. I don't know that I would call the RINR campaign old necessarily. I barely see it in banners anymore, nor mentioned on the boards except for the occasional post or so, at least on the boards I frequent anyway. If the tptb are tired of it, I have no sympathy for them. They are they one's that painted EJami into this corner to begin with. I agree though, that if EJami is ever set up as a romantic pairing, the RINR campaign would be back up in full swing, and it will be in much larger numbers than before since we now have Safe fans in the mix. I'm don't know why tptb would ever want to go down that road again. I know I sure as hell don't. :tounge:

Miou07 - nice post. You have a lot of good points in it. I agree with you in that Lumi, Safe, EJole, EJami - none of them have the same charm or "super couple" aura surrounding them that the couples of the old Days have had. Jack and Jennifer are still my favorite couple of all time. I really miss the Days from the 80's and 90's (for the most part anyway). I guess it's true... all good things must come to an end.

daisy132

mesagirl
Jul 19 2009, 02:32 PM
daisy132
Jul 19 2009, 11:41 AM
mesagirl

Mesagirl, I really like you as a fellow poster. You are a great animal lover, and seem to be a really nice person. That said, the RINR is really old. TPTB is probably as tired of it as most of us are. I'm sure that if Ejami got together it would come out again, after all, the rape comments come out right on schedule with any "threatening" Ejami scenes aired. I do understand the issue is sensitive, especially if one's personal life is affected, but there are actual rape victims that belong to the Ejami fanbase as well, or Ejami fans that have been indirectly affected by it. I think that most of us are able to differentiate between real life and fiction, and would like the opportunity to enjoy our couple like any other viewer. I firmly believe that TPTB know this, and tha'ts why they have taken the steps to put the matter to rest. Sami forgiving EJ was enough, most of us were greatful for their efforts and went on from there. TPTB can't worry about those who can't, as there will always be some.
Thanks Daisy. I like you as a poster as well. I don't know that I would call the RINR campaign old necessarily. I barely see it in banners anymore, nor mentioned on the boards except for the occasional post or so, at least on the boards I frequent anyway. If the tptb are tired of it, I have no sympathy for them. They are they one's that painted EJami into this corner to begin with. I agree though, that if EJami is ever set up as a romantic pairing, the RINR campaign would be back up in full swing, and it will be in much larger numbers than before since we now have Safe fans in the mix. I'm don't know why tptb would ever want to go down that road again. I know I sure as hell don't. :tounge:

Miou07 - nice post. You have a lot of good points in it. I agree with you in that Lumi, Safe, EJole, EJami - none of them have the same charm or "super couple" aura surrounding them that the couples of the old Days have had. Jack and Jennifer are still my favorite couple of all time. I really miss the Days from the 80's and 90's (for the most part anyway). I guess it's true... all good things must come to an end.
It won't matter if Safe fans join the campaign. First of all, they are mostly Lumi and Passions fans, but that's not the point. The point is that RINR is recognized for what it is: a campaign against Ejami, and using an already resolved storyline against it. It has lost its effect, if it even had one. It hasn't swayed any Ejami fans from supporting their couple, and not only that, but it's gathering new fans. It hasn't worked for Luke and Laura on GH in its time - and that was undisputed rape, and I doubt it will work here. Women watch soaps for excitement and out of ordinary couples. Ejami is one of those couples. Its only rival IMO is Lumi because of its history and shared children, but they aren't writing anything for them at the moment.
Edited by daisy132, Jul 19 2009, 02:56 PM.

Nicole Walker

This reminds me of Todd and Marty OLTL. When TPTB tried to put them together all hell broke lose. LOL! I like how they realistically they are portraying Todd and Marty right now which is exactly where the writers dropped the ball with Ejami they are more believable as enemies not as lovers . Anyways, the show is doing fine as it is. Not putting Ejami together has not hurt the show as much as some claimed it would which is a good sign at least for me.
Edited by Nicole Walker, Jul 19 2009, 03:32 PM.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

Nicole Dimera
Jul 19 2009, 03:28 PM
This reminds me of Todd and Marty OLTL. When TPTB tried to put them together all hell broke lose. LOL! I like how they realistically they are portraying Todd and Marty right now which is exactly where the writers dropped the ball with Ejami they are more believable as enemies not as lovers . Anyways, the show is doing fine as it is. Not putting Ejami together has not hurt the show as much as some claimed it would which is a good sign at least for me.
I don't watch OLTL so I can't comment on their story. However, I will say that I've enjoyed the recent scenes of EJ and Sami at odds with one another because I think the chemistry between the actors is intoxicating - pretty much no matter what they are doing.

As far as the RINR campaign, from where I sit it seemed to be a clear failure the first time out. I can't imagine why anyone would bring it up again...and certainly not 'in full force'. The storyline it referred to was resolved on screen by the characters involved and they went on to have a consensual relationship which produced a new baby. Their story has never stopped being told - although I certainly haven't been happy with the direction it's taken the past many months. Nevertheless, I've never doubted that the road eventually leads them back together - the existence of Sydney is proof of that, at least to me. I think their current relationships will end (EJoles once all of Nicole's lies come to light; Safe will disintegrate with the reveal that Sami's baby is still alive and living with EJ. Rafe's bond was with Grace...I don't see him getting a chance to have the same sort of bond with Sami's true daughter).

I have to agree with Miou's comments that none of the pairings, including EJami, have produced the kind of results we saw from super couples in the past. But to be fair, EJami has never been given a real chance. Santeen was a story met with a lot of controversy - primarily the re-writing of the history of the show and basically using the vets as props. It was intended to be a short term story told in the past tense - there was no 'future' for Santeen. EJami, aside from the month or so leading up to the night that Sydney was conceived, have rarely had the opportunity to shine as a love story. The fact that they are still a viable couple is a testament to the actors and their chemistry because in the first couple of years TPTB have done little to encourage that strong, consistent support the pairing has had for three plus years.

mesagirl
Member Avatar

Nicole Dimera
I agree with your thoughts about EJami. The writers did drop the ball on writing them realistically, until now anyway. I've never watched OLTL either doh heh, so I can't comment on that.

As for the RINR campaign not being effective, how can anyone possibly know that? EJ and Sami are still not together. I find it hard to believe that the outcries against this pairing due to the rape did not go unheard. There's a reason there has never been a real coupling between these two, and I don't think it's just to torture their fanbase. :tounge:

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

mesagirl
Jul 19 2009, 07:57 PM
Nicole Dimera
I agree with your thoughts about EJami. The writers did drop the ball on writing them realistically, until now anyway. I've never watched OLTL either doh heh, so I can't comment on that.

As for the RINR campaign not being effective, how can anyone possibly know that? EJ and Sami are still not together. I find it hard to believe that the outcries against this pairing due to the rape did not go unheard. There's a reason there has never been a real coupling between these two, and I don't think it's just to torture their fanbase. :tounge:
I think it was ineffective because ultimately, that part of their storyline was resolved on screen. I didn't say it went unheard...and I apologize if that was the way my comments came across. I feel TPTB were well aware of the mistake they made with EJami even prior to that campaign, but no doubt it further drove home the point. But my take on the campaign was it was intended to convince TPTB to never have those two come together in a consensual romance and that's where I say it failed. Eventually they were paired - Sydney is the result of that. Neither of us can say with certainty at this point what is in their future - but I very much believe EJami will be reunited once the truth about Sydney's parentage is revealed and they will finally have a loving, romantic relationship.

daisy132

How did we get from the OT about Rafe's old love to Ejami and rape again?

All I know regarding Ejami is that TPTB will give it to us at some point. My guess is that it will be towards the end of the show (it IS coming, if we're realistic about it - the current cast cannot support this show with all the vets gone), but it's coming.

mesagirl
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Jul 19 2009, 08:30 PM
mesagirl
Nicole Dimera

I think it was ineffective because ultimately, that part of their storyline was resolved on screen. I didn't say it went unheard...and I apologize if that was the way my comments came across. I feel TPTB were well aware of the mistake they made with EJami even prior to that campaign, but no doubt it further drove home the point. But my take on the campaign was it was intended to convince TPTB to never have those two come together in a consensual romance and that's where I say it failed. Eventually they were paired - Sydney is the result of that. Neither of us can say with certainty at this point what is in their future - but I very much believe EJami will be reunited once the truth about Sydney's parentage is revealed and they will finally have a loving, romantic relationship.
Ah see but I do not consider a one night stand, with the woman getting up and running after the actual man she loves (not the man she just boinked) to be a consensual romance. It was a consensual one night stand, but certainly not a romance, and the only reason that Sami slept with EJ in the first place is because Lucas had just told her it was over as he didn't want her to sacrifice her happiness while he was in jail. As Sami even told EJ regarding that night... sometimes sex is just sex. Sami was using EJ and unfortunately that turned in to her becoming pregnant. Neither Johnny nor Sydney were conceived from love... how sad.

Tara

Sydney is in this storyline now only because AS wanted her pregnancy written in.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

Tara
Jul 19 2009, 11:16 PM
Sydney is in this storyline now only because AS wanted her pregnancy written in.
They could have just as easily killed of Sydney and created angsty drama for EJole. There would no longer be that tie between EJami and Safe could have gone on believing they were raising Sami (and EJ's) daughter.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

mesagirl
Jul 19 2009, 11:09 PM
SocRMum1
Jul 19 2009, 08:30 PM
mesagirl

Ah see but I do not consider a one night stand, with the woman getting up and running after the actual man she loves (not the man she just boinked) to be a consensual romance. It was a consensual one night stand, but certainly not a romance, and the only reason that Sami slept with EJ in the first place is because Lucas had just told her it was over as he didn't want her to sacrifice her happiness while he was in jail. As Sami even told EJ regarding that night... sometimes sex is just sex. Sami was using EJ and unfortunately that turned in to her becoming pregnant. Neither Johnny nor Sydney were conceived from love... how sad.
I'm sure you see it that way. I don't. Neither do many, many others. I've always thought Sami loves EJ which is why she couldn't/wouldn't get him out of her orbit before, during and after her marriage to Lucas. It's why she told him she couldn't imagine her life without him and once she came home from WP told him that a part of her will always love him. And like it or not, the writers have taken pains to retcon their relationship into having been something more than what we saw on screen. Many characters on canvas have spoken of their relationship and love, etc. - including both Sami and EJ. Believe me, as a long time EJami fan I would have much preferred to see it play out that way on screen - but I also believe they've gone to the trouble of retconning it in for a reason. So that when EJami are finally reunited their 'history' will have already been established.

And despite how it ended, I will take that 'one night stand' over any other love scene I have ever seen played out on Daytime TV. A one night stand that lasted over three episodes...these days the 'happy' couples are lucky to get more than a part of a segment and then we're watching 'afterglow'. :tounge:

six
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Jul 20 2009, 07:54 AM
Tara
Jul 19 2009, 11:16 PM
They could have just as easily killed of Sydney and created angsty drama for EJole. There would no longer be that tie between EJami and Safe could have gone on believing they were raising Sami (and EJ's) daughter.
Exactly, or let Sami deliver a stillborn child ejole either raise Grace or their real child. Clearly the show has no issue having an actress play grieving mother to a child the same age as her own. Or introduced some doubt that Sydney was EJ's, by having lumi make up earlier in the game, and not giving Sydney the Dimera birthmark.

I could be wrong, but in my opinion, there's a reason that of the three pregnancies that we started out with, the only resulting living child left is the one who is definitely ejami's. If they do pull some sort of switch though, and change Sydney's parentage, I know that everyone who disliked EJ and Will becoming close will be up in arms, since it's definitely not right to change the history we saw unfold on screen. :tounge:
Edited by six, Jul 20 2009, 12:17 PM.

Tara

No one is allow to have babies on this show but Sami.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

Tara
Jul 20 2009, 11:32 PM
No one is allow to have babies on this show but Sami.
That's not true. Hope and Bo had Ciara a couple of years ago. Payla had baby Joe. Belle and Shawn had Claire. All of those babies are alive and well. Soras'd - but alive and well. :haha:

Nicole Walker

Sami is the new breeder of Salem. I still would love for Sydney to turn out to be Nicole's child.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

Nicole Dimera
Jul 21 2009, 12:51 PM
Sami is the new breeder of Salem. I still would love for Sydney to turn out to be Nicole's child.
Hmmm...I don't see any scenario where that would happen. Thank God.

If Nicole's baby is alive...which I sincerely doubt...I don't think it is Sydney. And even if it were, it wouldn't change the fact that she still set out to steal Sami's baby and pass her off as her own. She's cooked her goose no matter how you look at it, IMO.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply