Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Wally Kurth on his return to Days; July 14th issue; Article Summary
Topic Started: Jul 1 2009, 11:42 AM (1,734 Views)
Ellie

Please link to DR.

This week's SOD features an interview with Wally Kurth on his return to Days.

- SOD asks Kurth how his return came about. He answers, "I've got a manager who keeps my name out there", and "Dena [Higley] remembers me from when I was on Days." He says that he thinks Days was hoping they'd have an opportunity for Justin to return, "and they found one".

- Kurth says Justin is coming back as an attorney.

- Kurth says he's been watching the show, and "it's exciting to see John Aniston still on the canvas, as well as Peter and Kristian and some of the people I spent time with on the Soapnet show One Day With." Kurth says he's been enjoying the show, and "hopefully I can add to the excitement that is already there."

- Kurth says he has not been contacted by GH about a return. "Of course, I always want to go back there because it's like home to me, but no, I have not heard anything from them." He continues that he's happy that Days called him "because that's a home, as well; that's where I got started."

- Kurth says that he went back to Days the day before this interview was given. He saw some old friends and thought everything was almost the same as he had left it! He remarked that the studios and even the stage managers are the same; "it's like I never left".

- Regarding the Justin character, Kurth says, "I put a lot of myself into that character, and now that Adrienne isn't there, it will be interesting in the sense that I'm alone." Kurth says Justin previously identified himself as part of a relationship, "so that will be good for me because that will be new and different".

- Kurth concludes by saying that he is recognized in public just as much as Justin as he is as Ned (from GH). "They're very loyal viewers and I hope they'll be excited; I'm glad to be a part of it."

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Nice interview. I wonder why he's coming back as an attorney; I guess the Kirakii needed one in the family too.

Thanks for posting, Ellie!

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

What was Justin's job before? I know he wasn't an attorney. What's up with these characters all of a sudden just forgetting their past job and deciding to go to law school like it's nothing. First Frankie, now Justin.

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

So the wonderful talent of Wally is being wasted to be the new Mickey>>How sad,,and yet other WAY less talented actors get frontburner??Makes no sense..I am glad he is back,,but I think he just boarded a sinking ship

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

I guess people won't be needing Mickey anymore?

I LOVE Justin and WK! I hope he gets some good one-liners, but Justin was not like Ned, so well see!

I think this is a great move, picking him up!
Liz

Ellie

I really liked this interview; as opposed to what we've heard from Crystal Chappell, Wally Kurth sounds like he's genuinely excited to play his former character again. Unfortunately I have a feeling that the writing is one element of the show that's not the same as when he left, so whether he'll be afforded the ability to easily slip back into his character's shoes remains to be seen...

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

I was kind of hoping he would come back wanting a bigger piece of the Kirakis pie...oh well I guess I can just enjoy his cutie self..I loved his show on Soapnet by the way.the "One day with"

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Its been so long since Justin been on DAYS...I know that Vic wanted him to go into the family business but I think he was working in construction?

I think Adrienne recently said that he was working in Dubai?
Liz

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

Yeah,if I remember correctly,,and its been awhile,,he and Adrienne started their own biz,,,construction..but him coming back as a lawyer,indicates to me,,he is just taking Mickeys place..what does this show have against great acting???And actors..give him something to sink his teeth into

aimees76
Member Avatar

:wub: :wub: I just love Wally :D I am excited to see him again on Days.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Well, it's not a stretch that he is an attorney. I mean, he was involved in business and Kiriakis affairs. Maybe he just wanted to use his knowledge and become a lawyer. People change careers all the time nowadays. With Justin, it's not as drastic as it's been with other characters on Days and other soaps.

However, if they just make him into another Mickey only with Kiriakis in his name instead of Horton, then that just makes this suck. I can see if he comes back as an attorney to help the family in some way (it mentions he has something to do with Daniel and Philip so perhaps he defends Daniel and also defends Philip since that Carlo guy dies) but if he sticks around just to be the town attorney beyond that, that doesn't work for me.

Good interview though. I wish they just divorced him and Adrienne. As much as I love them, I wanted more story angles opened up for him but I'm glad I wasn't expecting much with his return because that prevented me from being too disappointed LOL.

Good interview though. He seems excited to be working again and to be back on Days.

heartsaver

As soon as they announced that they had cast a new district attorney it was obvious that they needed a lawyer to go up against him. It's just like when they brought back Frankie after many years and he was suddenly a lawyer. Now it's Justin. He'll be there to defend Daniel once he is arrested for trying to kill Chloe. Poor Kevin Dobson can't catch a break. I guess we'll never see Mickey again.

daysfan
Member Avatar

Well, Justin coming back as a lawyer after a huge absence isn't as bad as EJ's completely random racecardriver-to-businessman-to-lawyer-to-mobman(even though his lawyer side is at least still mentioned sometimes.

mer4santo
Member Avatar
I own you bitch.

I am soooo happy to see Justin back but WTF as a lawyer? True though that it's about as believable as EJ's insta-attorney.

Didn't he and Adrienne and their gaggle just a few years ago move to Dubai because he had construction opportunity? He started his own construction business a zillion years ago....and apologies if I missed something but what happened to his family?

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Ellie
Jul 1 2009, 11:57 AM
I really liked this interview; as opposed to what we've heard from Crystal Chappell, Wally Kurth sounds like he's genuinely excited to play his former character again. Unfortunately I have a feeling that the writing is one element of the show that's not the same as when he left, so whether he'll be afforded the ability to easily slip back into his character's shoes remains to be seen...

Yeah- he does come off genuinely excited to play the character. I feel for Chappell, though, because she can't be too excited without upsetting GL fans/coming off uncaring. It's too bad it seems like he'll be playing an extra with the character's name.

I'm curious to see how this works, 'cause it's still making no sense to me. Especially if he wasn't an attorney before.
Edited by px780, Jul 2 2009, 12:53 AM.

Mason

px780
Jul 2 2009, 12:52 AM
I feel for Chappell, though, because she can't be too excited without upsetting GL fans/coming off uncaring.
Well, at least she actually does care about her fans unlike a certain cast mate of hers *cough*Tognoni!*cough*

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply