Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
MSN:A Day with 'Days' Cast Interviews
Topic Started: Jul 1 2009, 03:04 PM (2,540 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

A Day With 'Days'
MSN TV spent a day in the park with the cast of 'Days of Our Lives' for an exclusive look at the show

By Deanna Barnert
Special to MSN TV

The cast of "Days of our Lives" escaped from the drama of Salem on June 15, 2009, for an afternoon at play in the park, but don't let the ... morepicnicking, volleyball and Frisbee fool you: This was still a day of work. Not only were they shooting footage for the new summer promo, but they also posed for the first cast photo in years!

MSN TV joined the crew at Johnny Carson Park, across the street from NBC studios, to catch the action and chat with the likes of Jay Kenneth Johnson (Philip), Joe Mascolo (Stefano), Renée Jones (Lexie), Molly Burnett (Melanie), Galen Gering (Rafe), Eric Martsolf (Brady) and the "teens," Dylan Patton (Will), Taylor Spreitler (Mia), and Casey Jon Deidrick (Chad). We got serious tease on what's coming this summer, not to mention a peek at how folks get along behind the scenes.

To Read the Interviews Click the link below and hit 'NEXT' above or under each photo to get to the next interview and picture:

http://tv.msn.com/days-of-our-lives-behind-the-scenes/photo-gallery/feature/?icid=TV1&GT1=TV1

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

littlemony
Member Avatar
Queen of the Underground

Quote:

A Day With 'Days'

As a daytime vet, what is it like to be in a cast that's become such a mix of vets and newbies?

Joe Mascolo: The only complaint I have about the young folks is that none of them knows how to have sex without having a baby! (laughs) In this day and age, I thought they'd be a bit... more cooler than that. I hope the young people don't watch this and take it seriously.

LMAO. I wish JM was my grandpa. He seems like such a fun man to be around. He always makes me laugh when I see him in/read his offscreen interviews.

Quote:

So Mia may not be as sweet as she seems?

Taylor Spreitler: She definitely has a side to her people haven't seen, especially with Chad, because they have this whole relationship. He brings out something in Mia that no one else in the show has yet. There's definitely a little fire in her.

I'm looking forward to seeing how well this girl can actually act. So far... she hasn't impressed me too much. I'm being nice.

mbdimera
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting.

Love Joe M. :wub:

Eric's interview was interesting. Sounds like they are setting up a Bricole/Arianna triangle.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

It sounds like Joseph Mascolo would jump at the drop of a dime if B&B gave him an offer to return with story.

I love that Renee Jones loves playing evil Lexie. It's a real shame the writers haven't given her the material to play that again. For someone so loyal as Jones, you would think that loyalty would get you somewhere.

I want to freaking kiss Eric Martsolf for what he said about Melanie being 20 years younger than him, opposing to their relationship. I'm glad to see that he sees it as not a good thing. Too bad Jay Kenneth Johnson continues to pimp out the Philip and Melanie pairing.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

DrewHamilton
Jul 1 2009, 03:29 PM
I want to freaking kiss Eric Martsolf for what he said about Melanie being 20 years younger than him, opposing to their relationship. I'm glad to see that he sees it as not a good thing. Too bad Jay Kenneth Johnson continues to pimp out the Philip and Melanie pairing.
I couldn't agree more. This isn't the first time EM has gone on record saying Brady is too old for Melanie. He says it in a joking way and he's pleasant about it but even though he speaks well of Molly it's clear to me he doesn't think a Brelanie romance is a good idea. Like you say, I wish Jay would take that stance.

aimees76
Member Avatar

I loved EM's comment about it not being necessary to sleep with the person you are hanging out with. I agree, there are not enough friendships on this show, and I really enjoy watching Brady and Melanie's friendship.

lastDays
Member Avatar

Wow.I am alittle pissed at the lack of photos/interviews with other cast members like LK,SC,NB,JS,AZ,or AS .These must be the media darlings that are featured by msn :shame:

jane1978

Great interviews. Knowing there will be more bantering between Phillip and Mel makes me very happy. I loved their little adventure together, it was the best part or the kidnapping story. I think itīs good they are testing Steph with Nathan as well even when he was cast and is planned to be Melīs love interest. Letīs see who has the best chemistry first.

Mia as bad girl sounds interesting as well. I would love to see more fire in her. Bringing back Mia as love interest for Will was one of the best decision ever because it immediatelly give this teen set so many interesting things to play. Their story has a real weight and is intertwined with the main story as well, itīs not just some random fluffy piece for summer.

I hope GG is not lying and this Emily mystery will really be as interesting as he promises. Iīm definitely intriqued now, especially knowing Emily is dead yet some woman from his past is still coming. Who she is? And how she is connected to Emily? And what Arianna knows about it? Unlike some here I really like Sami and Rafe together. He is exactly the guy she needed.

I feel really sorry for EM. TPTB tries so hard to show there is something between him and Arianna and so far it looks so forced, yet he is perfectly natural and at easy in any scenes with Molly. It has to be frustrating. Fortunatelly for him, I donīt think the show will ever go there. I think Brady is already in the girlīs best friend cathegory and I donīt see any signs Mel is even looking at him that way.

Alligato
Member Avatar

I love EM - tell it like it is.
I didn't think that Brady/Nicole was forced...I loved their little thing while she was engaged. Glad they are hinting to a little tension with those three, although I don't know how it will happen while Nicole is still married.

I love that Molly wants to work with Bryan. We have all of this drama on this show, so why not put those two together and let them provide a little of their natural comedy. I would put goofy Lucas with Melanie over CEO Phillip.
I would even like to see Melanie go against Kate a bit...maybe stand up to Kate when she tries to meddle in Lucas/Melanie life.
Why don't the writers think of stuff like this...instead of poison apples and sexy Chloe going after cluelessLucas?

soapfan0

DrewHamilton
I don't get this comment at all. WHY would Jay Kenneth Johnson have a problem with a Philip/Melanie pairing when he is dating Shelley(Stephanie) who is 10 years younger than him in real life? That's already confirmed that they are a real life pairing. Molly(Melanie) and Shelley are only ONE YEAR apart in age in real life. So basically, Jay is older than Molly by 11 years. And older than Shelley by 10 years.

If the actor has no issue with dating someone 10 years younger in real life, why would he have an issue with it on tv? LOL.

Plus, Eric(Brady) is about 17 years older than Molly in real life. That's a completely different story. 10 years is not that big of a deal at all. 17-18 years is old enough to be her father. 10/11? Not so much.

Compare the ages here:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1007605/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jay_Kenneth_Johnson
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shelley_Hennig
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2796394/

And I think Melanie/Philip have the best chemistry together. They are a lot more sparkly and stand out to me.

I'd rather watch Melanie/Philip than Stephanie/Philip who I find to be boring.

Molly Burnett is just a terrific actress who actually makes her character fun and spunky. And Molly/Jay seems to have such an easy going and natural chemistry that stands out to me.

Really, is 10/11 years a big difference? Add the fact that Jay looks incredibly young and handsome.

And those who like Steph/Philip but claim that Melanie is too young for Philip. That makes no sense, Shelley and Molly are only a few months apart in age.

Either way, I'd LOVE to see Philip/Melanie together as a pairing. They would never get boring.

Just my opinion.

And I think Jay and Molly both like Philip/Melanie together because bad boy/bad girl combinations are a lot of fun to portray. And Melanie likes the bad boy side of Philip while Stephanie wants to change him.

Edited by soapfan0, Jul 2 2009, 06:15 AM.

liverlips123

soapfan0
Jul 2 2009, 06:13 AM
DrewHamilton
I don't get this comment at all. WHY would Jay Kenneth Johnson have a problem with a Philip/Melanie pairing when he is dating Shelley(Stephanie) who is 10 years younger than him in real life? That's already confirmed that they are a real life pairing. Molly(Melanie) and Shelley are only ONE YEAR apart in age in real life. So basically, Jay is older than Molly by 11 years. And older than Shelley by 10 years.

If the actor has no issue with dating someone 10 years younger in real life, why would he have an issue with it on tv? LOL.

Plus, Eric(Brady) is about 17 years older than Molly in real life. That's a completely different story. 10 years is not that big of a deal at all. 17-18 years is old enough to be her father. 10/11? Not so much.

Compare the ages here:

And I think Melanie/Philip have the best chemistry together. They are a lot more sparkly and stand out to me.

Molly Burnett is just a terrific actress who actually makes her character fun and spunky. And Molly/Jay seems to have such an easy going and natural chemistry that stands out to me.

Really, is 10/11 years a big difference? Add the fact that Jay looks incredibly young and handsome.

And those who like Steph/Philip but claim that Melanie is too young for Philip. That makes no sense, Shelley and Molly are only a few months apart in age.

Either way, I'd LOVE to see Philip/Melanie together as a pairing. They would never get boring.

Just my opinion.

And I think Jay and Molly both like Philip/Melanie together because bad boy/bad girl combinations are a lot of fun to portray. And Melanie likes the bad boy side of Philip while Stephanie wants to change him.

I completely agree. The writers of the show are trying to create a picture perfect couple with Philip/Melanie. Philip/Stephanie were just becoming to monotomous and went nowhere. Phelanie are a match made in heaven.

How did you know that they confirmed a relationship... I never even knew they were dating, did they just get together recently?

mer4santo
Member Avatar
I own you bitch.

It does sound like JM would jump ship if he had the opportunity and the fact that B+B is asking, well...

darraholic
Member Avatar
Pennsatucky

Posted Image

Could Nadia look anymore interested? I also love John's attempt to play.

littlemony
Member Avatar
Queen of the Underground

liverlips123
Jul 2 2009, 09:58 AM
soapfan0
DrewHamilton

Compare the ages here:

Just my opinion.

I completely agree. The writers of the show are trying to create a picture perfect couple with Philip/Melanie. Philip/Stephanie were just becoming to monotomous and went nowhere. Phelanie are a match made in heaven.

How did you know that they confirmed a relationship... I never even knew they were dating, did they just get together recently?
Melanie's charactor turned 18 before Nick went to Jail. So she's 18 or 19 on the show.

Stephanie just graduated college... making her 22 or so on the show.

A recent clip of Kate's fantasy of Chloe's grave said 1980-2009... making her 28/29... and her and Phillip are the same age.

Charactor wise, Phillip and Stephanie are 5-6 years apart and Melanie and Phillip are roughly 10 years apart.

As far as Shelly and Jay dating IRL, this is only speculation. This has not been confirmed by either actor as far as I can find online. And I don't consider "whodatedwho.com" any more reliable of a source than a rumor on a messageboard, as that website's content is solely created by the users who visit it.

If anyone can find something solid online from either actor which confirms this, please post.

soapfan0

Jay confirmed it himself on one of his sites that he is dating Shelley. They've been dating since 2007. It's no longer a speculation. It's basically a confirmed fact at this time. Who is Dating Who is not reliable, of course. But when actors confirm it, I tend to believe them.
Edited by soapfan0, Jul 2 2009, 04:39 PM.

mandy

soapfan0
Jul 2 2009, 04:34 PM
Jay confirmed it himself on one of his sites that he is dating Shelley. They've been dating since 2007. It's no longer a speculation. It's basically a confirmed fact at this time. Who is Dating Who is not reliable, of course. But when actors confirm it, I tend to believe them.
Can you name the site? Shelley used to have a blog. In that blog, she talked about breaking up with her boyfriend of at least 3 years in December of 2007. She went through a tough time afterwards. She talked about a new guy she just started dating in March/April 2008.

jaysfan

soapfan0
Jul 2 2009, 04:34 PM

Could name the sites, please... because I am a member on the two known Jay sites and forums and have never seen that post. In fact, Jay has not posted on JKJ NOW, a forum dedicated to him since June, 2008... so I don't take much credence in this confirmation.

mandy

I would be really amused if all of this rumor and speculation about Jay and Shelley is a ruse designed to pimp the Stephanie/Philip storyline. Days sure is pulling out all of the stops to promote this pair -- the ET story, bubble bath photo shoot, and the weekly updates in SOW and SOD. I notice that Ali and Galen, James and Ari seem to be close friends -- because they work together on a daily basis. Gee, I wouldn't want to speculate that they are having affairs since they are married. It seems to be okay though, to start rumors about people just because they are single. Maybe these two people are actually dating OTHER people and may not appreciate all of this gossip.

mer4santo
Member Avatar
I own you bitch.

mandy
Jul 2 2009, 05:25 PM
I would be really amused if all of this rumor and speculation about Jay and Shelley is a ruse designed to pimp the Stephanie/Philip storyline. Days sure is pulling out all of the stops to promote this pair -- the ET story, bubble bath photo shoot, and the weekly updates in SOW and SOD. I notice that Ali and Galen, James and Ari seem to be close friends -- because they work together on a daily basis. Gee, I wouldn't want to speculate that they are having affairs since they are married. It seems to be okay though, to start rumors about people just because they are single. Maybe these two people are actually dating OTHER people and may not appreciate all of this gossip.
Who says no ones getting a little on the side?

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

soapfan0
DrewHamilton

Compare the ages here:

Just my opinion.

I'm with you, I like Melanie with Phillip or Brady. I much much prefer Brady with melanie than with Arianna, omg talk about cheesy. Older men like young women, it's nature. There's nothing really extraordinary about it. I think people's problems with Melanie is that these men are out of her league which I don't agree.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply