Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Promo for wk of July 6th; Rafe's truth is revealed, but not the whole truth..
Topic Started: Jul 2 2009, 10:11 PM (1,660 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

Oh. My. GOD.

Does EVERY goddamn promo have to be about Sami and fucking Rafe? Give my ass a break, already!

lene
Member Avatar

OMFG!!!!!! How fucking exciting... not!

How about the focus is on someone else in these promos for once?

lysie
Member Avatar

Rafe sounds like a robot. The announcer guy is as horrible as always. Sami doesn't even look like she's aware she's in the scene, and she looks approximately 12 years old. This is going to be awesome!
Edited by lysie, Jul 2 2009, 10:31 PM.

Ellie

I think it's so ironic that some people say that the supercouples were played out, yet Days is redoing the Roman/Marlena story, so far in its entirety, with Sami and Rafe. I think the problem is with the writers and producers, and not the characters.

Mason
Member Avatar

Ellie
Jul 2 2009, 10:32 PM
I think it's so ironic that some people say that the supercouples were played out, yet Days is redoing the Roman/Marlena story, so far in its entirety, with Sami and Rafe. I think the problem is with the writers and producers, and not the characters.
I think it's all three, LoL.
Edited by Mason, Jul 2 2009, 10:34 PM.

samixxx
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting! I love it! I can't wait to see more. :wub:

Ellie

Mason
Jul 2 2009, 10:34 PM
Ellie
Well I meant the "shipped out of Salem" characters people were criticizing as having no story possibilities, but with the current characters, I could not agree more.

lysie
Member Avatar

Ellie

Definitely. It sounds kind of strange to say, but I don't think characters can be played out in this genre. If we're bored with characters, it's either the writing or the actors. The characters shouldn't be played out because as they age they're going through different stages of life and shouldn't still be doing what they were doing when they were twenty. Or in some characters cases, when they in their thirties, they shouldn't be doing the same thing they were doing when they were fifteen. How is that not played out yet for everyone else?

Mason
Member Avatar

Ellie
Jul 2 2009, 10:36 PM
Mason
Jul 2 2009, 10:34 PM
Ellie
Well I meant the "shipped out of Salem" characters people were criticizing as having no story possibilities, but with the current characters, I could not agree more.
Ah. Well that makes a lot more sense, then, LoL.
Edited by Mason, Jul 2 2009, 10:50 PM.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

I went back and checked. This is the sixth week in a row the promo has featured Sami. The last promo that did not feature her was for the week of May 25 and was about Philip and Stephanie.

Ellie

lysie
Jul 2 2009, 10:48 PM
Ellie
Definitely. It sounds kind of strange to say, but I don't think characters can be played out in this genre. If we're bored with characters, it's either the writing or the actors. The characters shouldn't be played out because as they age they're going through different stages of life and shouldn't still be doing what they were doing when they were twenty. Or in some characters cases, when they in their thirties, they shouldn't be doing the same thing they were doing when they were fifteen. How is that not played out yet for everyone else?
Yep - couldn't agree more. Not that the stories have to be related to someone's current stage in life, but that does always work! Of course, we must remember we're dealing with people who would write a story about Patrick returning to come between Bo and Hope in the assisted living center.

lysie
Member Avatar

Ellie
Jul 2 2009, 10:58 PM
lysie
Jul 2 2009, 10:48 PM
Ellie
Yep - couldn't agree more. Not that the stories have to be related to someone's current stage in life, but that does always work! Of course, we must remember we're dealing with people who would write a story about Patrick returning to come between Bo and Hope in the assisted living center.

LOL. No, but to clarify, since their claim is that they keep running out of story...these characters have children and grandchildren. Their lives shouldn't end when they say "I do."

And you know if Patrick came between Bo and Hope in that assisted living center, she'd end up a 78 year old pregnant with triplets. One of Bo's, one Patricks, and one of EJ and Sami's because all babies are EJ and Sami's. That's obviously not even a real story, and I just got mad at the writers about it.

Ellie

lysie
Jul 2 2009, 11:07 PM
No, but to clarify, since their claim is that they keep running out of story...these characters have children and grandchildren. Their lives shouldn't end when they say "I do."
Got it - couldn't agree more!

Quote:

And you know if Patrick came between Bo and Hope in that assisted living center, she'd end up a 78 year old pregnant with triplets. One of Bo's, one Patricks, and one of EJ and Sami's because all babies are EJ and Sami's. That's obviously not even a real story, and I just got mad at the writers about it.
LOL! Yeah, I can see another Sami pregnancy happening soon. But first, "Emily Hudson" has to return with Rafe's child - for now, let's call her "Barrie".

Nicole Walker

These promos are too short and they are lame. There's nothing exciting about them and that announcer has the same excitement as that guy who plays in the clear eyes commercials.

samixxx
Member Avatar

Quote:

LOL! Yeah, I can see another Sami pregnancy happening soon. But first, "Emily Hudson" has to return with Rafe's child - for now, let's call her "Barrie".

:wave: Ellie. Did Marlena have a miscarriage?
Edited by samixxx, Jul 3 2009, 12:32 AM.

Ellie

samixxx
Jul 3 2009, 12:31 AM
Quote:

Well in 2005 she did, but that's probably not what you mean. What happened with Marlena and Roman was that Roman was assigned to protect Marlena, and they grew very close, then after Marlena's twin Samantha was killed, Roman took Marlena on vacation because she needed to recover emotionally. That led into a series of events where viewers could see that Roman had a secret he was hiding from Marlena. He finally told Marlena that he'd had a wife, Anna, but that she'd died in an accident when she was pregnant. Roman and Marlena did get engaged, but then Anna came back to Salem with daughter Carrie in tow.

samixxx
Member Avatar

Ellie
Jul 3 2009, 12:39 AM
samixxx
Jul 3 2009, 12:31 AM
Quote:

Well in 2005 she did, but that's probably not what you mean. What happened with Marlena and Roman was that Roman was assigned to protect Marlena, and they grew very close, then after Marlena's twin Samantha was killed, Roman took Marlena on vacation because she needed to recover emotionally. That led into a series of events where viewers could see that Roman had a secret he was hiding from Marlena. He finally told Marlena that he'd had a wife, Anna, but that she'd died in an accident when she was pregnant. Roman and Marlena did get engaged, but then Anna came back to Salem with daughter Carrie in tow.
Thank you.

Nicole Walker

Oh lord that does sound similar to Safe storyline. LOL. I do believe that Rafe has a kid out there somewhere.

Manda1

Nicole Dimera
Jul 3 2009, 02:06 AM
Oh lord that does sound similar to Safe storyline. LOL. I do believe that Rafe has a kid out there somewhere.
Similar to the Ben/Meg/Maria storyline on Sunset Beach....Emily will turn up one day of that I have no doubt....

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply