Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Soapnet:Promo for wk of July 6th; Spoiler Of This Week & Philip/Stephanie
Topic Started: Jul 3 2009, 08:52 PM (1,374 Views)
esp13
Member Avatar

Trust me, Paxton isn't a fan of Philip and Stephanie. I should know, I've tried hard to convert her. But she doesn't see the chemistry, thinks the story was rushed, and certainly isn't heartbroken over their break-up. But, she also understands that not EVERYONE feels that way and respects that people can have a different opinion about a couple and that message board posts have pretty much nothing to do with a couple's popularity with the general audience. That, I think, was the point she was making.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PHELLE FOREVER

Halloween Family
Jul 7 2009, 02:07 PM
Paxton
Jul 7 2009, 12:43 PM
PHELLE FOREVER
Jul 7 2009, 12:16 PM
Wow, reading the comments that the posters on soapnet posted over there....does ANYBODY like Philip/Stephanie as a couple???LMAO.
There were only 17 comments total. Eight of them discussed Philip and Stephanie. Out of those eight, six were negative and two positive. So, although you implied all the comments about Philip and Stephanie were negative, they were not. I am not a Philip and Stephanie fan, but I hardly think that eight comments on an Internet board somehow represent the preferences of a majority of the actual viewing audience. All message boards are unreliable indicators of actual popularity. They represent only a small portion of the audience and only that portion of the audience interested enough to go online and post about the show and/or their favorites. Not to mention the people who create multiple users names to create the impression of bigger fanbases. I'm sure the show knows better than to rely on message boards; they have other resources at their command, including but not limited to mail, phone calls, and surveys to determine which stories and couples are working and which are not.
I can't speak for Phelleforever, but I didn't get the impressions she was making a scientific quantum analysis of aggregations of posts on a board. I took it as a funny lighthearted observation which I think was her intention.
Thank you for coming to my defense! I am not a fan of Philip/Stephanie, so when I read those comments(on page2) and they were all negative, I thought to myself, 'Gee, I'm not the only one who doesn't like them."lol. That's all it was, really...

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

PHELLE FOREVER
Jul 8 2009, 11:16 AM
In any case, you say you are not a fan of Philip/Stephanie, but man were you quick to defend them! Just sayin'...
ROFL. If you have any doubts about the legitimacy of my anti-Philip and Stephanie stance, feel free to check my post history. You'll find I have posted many times that I dislike them together and feel they have zero sexual or physical chemistry. What I don't like is people minimizing and marginalizing those who do like a couple by claiming they have no fans and nobody likes them, and that goes for any couple. Feel free to have the opinion that any couple is unlikeable/has no chem/is boring/is disgusting/whatever, but to suggest that Internet comments somehow represent the majority opinion of the entire DOOL viewing audience and that any couple is fan-less because their fans don't post heavily in their favor is what I have a problem with.

ETA: I should add that I do feel it is legitimate to ask whether a couple has fans. I've done that myself with Lucas and Chloe because I can think of only one person I've ever seen post on here (which is not to say, on all message boards) that he or she likes them. But that's different from extropolating that a couple has no fans because people aren't posting about them. For all I know Burbank is flooded with pro-Lucas and Chloe mail. I wouldn't understand why, but I just have no way of knowing how popular Lucas and Chloe really are off the boards.
Edited by Paxton, Jul 8 2009, 11:28 AM.

pspcindy
Member Avatar

I wanted to like them but Princess Stephanie, late of the Uncle screwing variety, makes me sick. But since DOOL rarely if ever gives me couple I like, I am sure this chemistry-free couple will be back before you can say FF. LOL

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply