Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Nickelodeon Discussion Thread
Topic Started: Jul 4 2009, 01:32 PM (2,014 Views)
Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Here's an old Nickelodeon ID from 1983!

What shows do you remember watching on Nickelodeon? Would you like to see any of them again?

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Scott
Member Avatar

Nickelodeon sucks now!!! I was a fan through the 90s and since then everything has been down hill!

Mason
Member Avatar

I feel sorry for kids today. They get such shit passing itself off as entertainment.

littlemony
Member Avatar
Queen of the Underground

Mason
Jul 14 2009, 01:56 PM
I feel sorry for kids today. They get such shit passing itself off as entertainment.
I totally agree. Cartoons used to be so awesome.

Shows I used to watch:

Ren & Stimpy - yay, it's on adult swim sometimes
Clarissa Explains it all - I wanted to be just like her
You Can't Do That On Television
Double Dare
Rocko's Modern Life
Doug - I LOVED THAT CARTOON

Do you guys remember He-Man and She-Ra? I used to have all the toys lol

Scott
Member Avatar

I loooooved Doug....even to this day from time to time I get the theme song stuck in my head or the Beet's Songs.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Anyone like Hey Dude? I was frankly too old for it but for some reason I thought it was cute.

*ducks*

When I was young I spent hours watching Pinwheel.

Mason
Member Avatar

I didn't much care for Hey Dude. I loved Salute Your Shorts, though!

littlemony
Member Avatar
Queen of the Underground

Mason
Jul 14 2009, 05:14 PM
I didn't much care for Hey Dude. I loved Salute Your Shorts, though!
I totally forgot about both of those shows. I loved both of those, too. Whenever I think of Salute Your Shorts I remember that episode where they were talking about the color of the giraffe's tongue and Ug (the councelor, I think that was his name) was like, "Go Giraffes" talking about his high school mascot.

Remember Pete and Pete?

I don't know how to embed videos but here is the link to a scene from one of my most memorable episodes that I just found on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cV0zgPw8nRg

Scott
Member Avatar

Oh man I loved Hey Dude!!!! Pete and Pete were the shit! Salute your Shorts was amazing too.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Tripp
Jul 14 2009, 05:12 PM
Anyone like Hey Dude? I was frankly too old for it but for some reason I thought it was cute.

*ducks*

How old was to old to enjoy that show when it was on?

When David Lascher who played Ted was on Blossom as her BF I was like "That's the guy from Hey Dude!"..... :laugh:

He was on the first season of Clueless too....

He was so cute back then..... :wub2:

I loved Salute Your Shorts too and always liked the character the red headed guy played..... :$

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar

My absolute favorite Nick shows were Clarissa Explains It All, You Can't Do That On Television! and Welcome Freshmen......

Does anyone else remember a show that aired on there called Fifteen that had a young Ryan Reynolds and Laura Harris?

I found this on YT!

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Rhi
Aug 4 2009, 06:38 PM
Tripp
Jul 14 2009, 05:12 PM

*ducks*

How old was to old to enjoy that show when it was on?

When David Lascher who played Ted was on Blossom as her BF I was like "That's the guy from Hey Dude!"..... :laugh:

He was on the first season of Clueless too....

He was so cute back then..... :wub2:

I loved Salute Your Shorts too and always liked the character the red headed guy played..... :$

Ted was my favorite. I always giggle when I see Christine Taylor too. She will always be Melody!

Tammy
Member Avatar

I never watched Nickelodeon lol. The cartoons from my era were sooo much better lmfao. We had good stuff like Fraggle Rock, and the Smurfs ;)

Mason
Member Avatar

♥ Tammy ♥
Aug 10 2009, 12:50 PM
I never watched Nickelodeon lol. The cartoons from my era were sooo much better lmfao.
If by 'better', you mean they were boring, then you'd be correct. :)

Tammy
Member Avatar

Mason
Aug 10 2009, 12:52 PM
♥ Tammy ♥
I never watched Nickelodeon lol. The cartoons from my era were sooo much better lmfao.
If by 'better', you mean they were boring, then you'd be correct. :)
:P

Hey we had Pee Wee's Playhouse which was cool... well before he started jerking of in public places lmao

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar

♥ Tammy ♥
I never watched Nickelodeon lol. The cartoons from my era were sooo much better lmfao. We had good stuff like Fraggle Rock, and the Smurfs ;)
I liked 80's cartoons better too and was She-Ra once as Halloween. The damn plastic mask was hot and muggy as hell though.

Nick had a few cartoons I enjoyed like Doug, David the Gnome, Noozles, Rugrats, The Ren & Stimpy Show and Rocco's Modern Life.

Anyone else remember this show that I loved called Today's Special?

MTSRocks
Member Avatar

LoL, I totally missed this.

The youth today missed out on some fucking AMAZING cartoons. Rocko's Modern Life, Doug, Sailor Moon (it was pretty brilliant)

Mason
Member Avatar

MTSRocks
Aug 10 2009, 06:36 PM
The youth today missed out on some fucking AMAZING cartoons. Rocko's Modern Life, Doug, Sailor Moon (it was pretty brilliant)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Deleted User
Deleted User

Mason
Aug 10 2009, 06:37 PM
MTSRocks
Actually I must say, I watched the first season, and it really was stellar. The episode where Sailor Moon's BFF's evil boyfriend dies actually made me cry as she held him in her arms shrieking in pain as he became lifeless. Good stuff!
Quote Post Goto Top

MTSRocks
Member Avatar

Mason
Aug 10 2009, 06:37 PM
MTSRocks
:flipoff:

LoL. Seriously, I used to be a BIG Dragon Ball Z fan (NO IDEA why they made a movie?!??!???) and a secret Sailor Moon fan. The battle between Queen Beryl and Sailor Moon was awesome. Actually, I've heard the later years with the new sailor scouts was even better, unfortunately I never got around to watching them.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Retro TV Talk · Next Topic »
Add Reply