Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Days nationally preempted on Tuesday (7/7)
Topic Started: Jul 6 2009, 01:33 PM (2,060 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar

I wish they would pre-empt it every day.
Offline Profile Goto Top

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

^^But that is what I am saying. I think this whole Memorial and all of the television is taking advantage of him when he can't defend himself. Every news/entertainment type show has something with MJ on it in order to get ratings. To me that is taking advantage of him. My view had nothing to do with whether my soaps would be on.

I agree 100% that a family has the right to say good bye to a loved one that has passed. But more and more what I am seeing is this being about all of the celebrities involved, getting ratings and people trying to make a buck on his death.

I don't underestimate the role he had on music and pop culture as we know it today. I just think some of this is going a bit overboard. JMO
Offline Profile Goto Top

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Angie79
Jul 6 2009, 04:30 PM
Thanks, Jason! They should have kept the memorial on the news channels (CNN, MSN, FOX, etc).
Then people who don't have cable would probably be throwing a fit. Not that I really care one way or the other.

I'll be watching tomorrow.

A one day preemption is better then months as in the original "OJ Trial".

Offline Profile Goto Top

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

I'll watch,will probably be better than DOOL has been anyways.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Rhi
Jul 6 2009, 08:56 PM
Angie79
Jul 6 2009, 04:30 PM

A one day preemption is better then months as in the original "OJ Trial".

Thats certainly true.
Edited by Snowing Fan, Jul 6 2009, 09:56 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Kenny
Jul 6 2009, 08:44 PM
I wish they would pre-empt it every day.
LOL. Not a bad idea!
Offline Profile Goto Top

#1 FA

This is for everyone who had something rude, negative, and disrespectful toward the coverage of Michael Jackson's funeral.

I can not believe you people. I do not know how you all could feel missing 1 day of the show for someones funeral is so horrible. Michael Jackson IS and always will be the BEST entertainer the world has seen. No one can compare to him. His death is huge for the world. How you all could be so insensitive to that is beyond me. Respect the man. Stop being shallow individuals. I like watching days too but damn 1 day and I will survive. If you all have lives that revolve around a damn soap opera then you are sad people who need help. Talking about the overtime for LAPD and they do not do their jobs then who is going to keep the inevitable crowd at bay. Even when the family has their private memorial you think LAPD wont be there keep the fans at bay. You people need lives DAYS is a soap. Its not real. You will not die from missing 1 day so build a bridge and get over it. Rest In Peace MJ King of Pop FOREVER!!! You will be missed by SO many. But you live on in your kind spirit and in you wonderful music. Prayers for the family and especially the children :soapbox: :pray: :'(
Edited by #1 FA, Jul 6 2009, 10:46 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

I could turn this into a bigger arguement then it is by posting what I really think, of course I don't want to offend anyone right now.

If this thread turns into more of a fight then it already is then it will be closed.

Michael died and his public memorial service will be on TV tomorrow instead of the soaps. There's no reason to start fighting over this. Everyone has a different opinion of MJ and that's their prerogative, attacking other members for not sharing your feelings about Michael, the memorial service being aired and etc. will not be tolerated.

Offline Profile Goto Top

Nicole Walker

I don't mind it. I'll watch MJ's funeral but I will not watch tennis or golf!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sindacco
Member Avatar

christngirl
Jul 6 2009, 08:06 PM
you people are so disrespectful towards the dead wheather you like him or not he is dead leave
him alone and let him rest in peace soap opreas will be on the next day where they left off it
is only right for him to have a proper send off because michael jackson was a good man
and he deserves to rest in peace stop dissing the man when he cant defend himself to me
thats disrespectful towards his family and children they deserve to say goodbye the right way
its what michael would have wanted to see everyone who loved him to say goodbye oh and bye the way he is not a freak he is and always will be the king of pop
Disrespectful towards the dead? Just because some of us couldn't care less about him we're disrespectful? I think it's pathetic that when a person die he or she is turned in to a saint. I never cared about Jackson when he was alive and I don't care about him now.

Yes his family deserve to say goodbye and the funeral is if I have understand correctly private so no one is stoping them. This service today is for the public and I think it's annoying that it will take up so much time and be on many channels.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sindacco
Member Avatar

#1 FA
Jul 6 2009, 10:43 PM
This is for everyone who had something rude, negative, and disrespectful toward the coverage of Michael Jackson's funeral.

I can not believe you people. I do not know how you all could feel missing 1 day of the show for someones funeral is so horrible. Michael Jackson IS and always will be the BEST entertainer the world has seen. No one can compare to him. His death is huge for the world. How you all could be so insensitive to that is beyond me. Respect the man. Stop being shallow individuals. I like watching days too but damn 1 day and I will survive. If you all have lives that revolve around a damn soap opera then you are sad people who need help. Talking about the overtime for LAPD and they do not do their jobs then who is going to keep the inevitable crowd at bay. Even when the family has their private memorial you think LAPD wont be there keep the fans at bay. You people need lives DAYS is a soap. Its not real. You will not die from missing 1 day so build a bridge and get over it. Rest In Peace MJ King of Pop FOREVER!!! You will be missed by SO many. But you live on in your kind spirit and in you wonderful music. Prayers for the family and especially the children :soapbox: :pray: :'(
We are sad people because our lives revolve around a damn soap opera? No they don't. But some peoples lives seem to revolve around a dead person, that is pathetic.

I think it's funny that you have never posted here before, you actually joined today. Was it just to attack us that don't worship a dead man?
Edited by Sindacco, Jul 7 2009, 05:05 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Sindacco
Jul 7 2009, 05:04 AM
#1 FA
Jul 6 2009, 10:43 PM

We are sad people because our lives revolve around a damn soap opera? No they don't. But some peoples lives seem to revolve around a dead person, that is pathetic.

I think it's funny that you have never posted here before, you actually joined today. Was it just to attack us that don't worship a dead man?
It's not pathetic,his fans have EVER right to say goodbye to a person they loved,who was actually real,unlike the characters on DOOL who are pretend,his fans who loved him have every damn right to mourn and wanna say goodbye without people bashing them,his fans never did anything to you or anyone else,they can mourn,just as DOOL fans have every right to wanna watch their show.
Offline Profile Goto Top

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

I have to agree with those who say this is a media circus. Who's going to foot the bill for this enormous "memorial service"? LA? The state of California? Isn't California sending IOU in lieu of checks to their vendors? I mean seriously.

I was a fan of MJ back in the day, no doubt he was a phenominal entertainer, but we've had days and days of constant coverage. Enough already!! Apparently, not so......... I do, however, reserve the right to my own opinions of the twists and turns his life took, as does everyone on here. I won't get into that though, this board isn't about all that.

I feel bad for his family and for their loss, and I feel THEY should be able to mourn and have their service as they would wish.

I just hope once this memorial service is over the media will MOVE ON and let the family mourn their loss and let the man rest in peace!!

None of my opinions in this post have one iota to do with whether or not Days airs or not. I really could care less. I'm on vacation and haven't been watching this week anyway, got the DVR for that. I don't think most folks who are voicing frustrations on here are doing so because Days is pre-empted, they're doing it because of the media circus that has been created and we've been subjected to for two weeks now.

Off the soapbox.... :soapbox:
Offline Profile Goto Top

mirabella

JANALH
Jul 7 2009, 09:39 AM
I have to agree with those who say this is a media circus. Who's going to foot the bill for this enormous "memorial service"? LA? The state of California? Isn't California sending IOU in lieu of checks to their vendors? I mean seriously.

I was a fan of MJ back in the day, no doubt he was a phenominal entertainer, but we've had days and days of constant coverage. Enough already!! Apparently, not so......... I do, however, reserve the right to my own opinions of the twists and turns his life took, as does everyone on here. I won't get into that though, this board isn't about all that.

I feel bad for his family and for their loss, and I feel THEY should be able to mourn and have their service as they would wish.

I just hope once this memorial service is over the media will MOVE ON and let the family mourn their loss and let the man rest in peace!!

None of my opinions in this post have one iota to do with whether or not Days airs or not. I really could care less. I'm on vacation and haven't been watching this week anyway, got the DVR for that. I don't think most folks who are voicing frustrations on here are doing so because Days is pre-empted, they're doing it because of the media circus that has been created and we've been subjected to for two weeks now.

Off the soapbox.... :soapbox:
Exactly! I don't mind having Days preempted at all, I just wish things had been different and the death of MJ had not been turned into a media circus.

Thanks for stating so eloquently what so many of us are feeling in regards to this subject.

RIP Michael Jackson.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar

We've been discussing MJ, his death and etc. in the thread linked to below.

http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/topic/8143507/1/?x=60

Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic