Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW:Sami Grows Suspicious of Rafe
Topic Started: Jul 8 2009, 05:45 PM (3,109 Views)
daysknowitall
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Jul 10 2009, 06:53 AM
tiffany8053
Jul 9 2009, 10:00 PM
Especially with Steffy in the mix b/c if he comes after you it can only spell one thing...POWERCOUPLE! GO SAFE!
Really? Because from where I'm sitting all I see is Stefano moving the chess pieces around to make sure that EJ doesn't find out he shares another child with Sami. He's all about keeping EJami apart.

So if your assessment about Stefano's involvement is correct...awesome. :)
Oh it's gonna get juicy and you hear the rumors about Kate going to the quack house, well, a lil spoilage here......but I'm hearing it'll be Nicole being that maternity leave will be coming I'd say that sounds about right and I'm sure Fatha along with Ej should have a hand in that.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

imahrguru
Member Avatar

Paxton
Jul 8 2009, 05:49 PM
Angie79
Jul 8 2009, 05:45 PM
Despite EJ's misgivings, he agrees to drop the custody battle for Johnny. "Sami is overjoyed," says AS. "Her No. 1 concern is Johnny and how this would affect him."

I'm glad she clarified. I thought Sami's No. 1 concern was banging Rafe. It certainly isn't grieving over Grace (who?).

Thanks for posting, Angie!
When I lost my baby, I slept with my husband more than ever. I needed to feel close with him more than ever and was quite assertive about it. It's an intense need. You feel very much alone when you lose a child. Then I tried to clean everything in the house top down, inside out, just to keep myself from crying. I'd go a day or two without crying and then start all over again. I had times when I could laugh and smile with my friends and then feel guilty in the seclusion of the bathroom for feeling any joy at all and cry all over again. It's just a mix of emotions.

I didn't think that at all about Sami. There are plenty of moments when Sami gets quiet and thinks of Grace. Rafe made her feel safe when she felt most alone. For TV, I think it would start to get dull to see every scene with her crying her eyes out. I think that is why her hair has been disheveled and without makeup for the last several weeks. The scene with Nicole is the first time I've seen her with clean hair.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

imahrguru, I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. My point was more a criticism of the writers than of the character of Sami, and the fact that Alison Sweeney has to tell us in an interview that Sami still grieves for Grace when sometimes it looks like the show doesn't even remember this character just buried a child. Again, this is a criticism of the writers, not the actors. I think actually it would have been quite easy to explain Sami's interest in Rafe's history and their lovemaking as a way for Sami to push aside the grief in her waking moments. Not being a Sami or Alison Sweeney fan in the least, I acknowledge I don't pick up on subtle cues like you have done, as I don't watch her scenes very attentively. But, even though I think it's quite possible for me to fanwank that Sami is indeed still grieving over Grace and is trying to fill her days with activities that let her not have a breakdown, the writing simply isn't there in my opinion.
Edited by Paxton, Jul 19 2009, 05:06 PM.

ytumbler8
Member Avatar

Nicole Dimera
Jul 8 2009, 11:18 PM
.I'm gonna guess how this may go. Sami will get suspicious and start digging more, Sami will think Rafe killed Emily with EJ and Meredith trying to make Sami doubt Rafe and we'll find out that Rafe didn't kill Emily. We also find out that Emily is alive and will come to Salem with no memory of Rafe and that will create more drama for Safe. Now let's see if i'm half right. LOL.
knowing dool writers, your probably pretty close to what they have in mind :applause: :pizza:

samixxx
Member Avatar

imahrguru
Jul 19 2009, 04:28 PM
Paxton
Jul 8 2009, 05:49 PM
Angie79
Jul 8 2009, 05:45 PM
Despite EJ's misgivings, he agrees to drop the custody battle for Johnny. "Sami is overjoyed," says AS. "Her No. 1 concern is Johnny and how this would affect him."

I'm glad she clarified. I thought Sami's No. 1 concern was banging Rafe. It certainly isn't grieving over Grace (who?).

Thanks for posting, Angie!
When I lost my baby, I slept with my husband more than ever. I needed to feel close with him more than ever and was quite assertive about it. It's an intense need. You feel very much alone when you lose a child. Then I tried to clean everything in the house top down, inside out, just to keep myself from crying. I'd go a day or two without crying and then start all over again. I had times when I could laugh and smile with my friends and then feel guilty in the seclusion of the bathroom for feeling any joy at all and cry all over again. It's just a mix of emotions.

I didn't think that at all about Sami. There are plenty of moments when Sami gets quiet and thinks of Grace. Rafe made her feel safe when she felt most alone. For TV, I think it would start to get dull to see every scene with her crying her eyes out. I think that is why her hair has been disheveled and without makeup for the last several weeks. The scene with Nicole is the first time I've seen her with clean hair.
I understand what you are saying and sorry for your lose. When you go through something as devastating as losing a child you look for that, even for a minute of comfort, whether physical or emotional.

Rafe and Sami both had this child they loved and bonded together and now they have to try to get beyond the pain of losing her and see if there is more to their relationship. This storyline is very realistic to me, sad but realistic.

Sami looking at the picture of Grace and knowing that all of them wouldn't be together showed where Sami's head was, IMO. I also wonder just how much is left on the editing floor especially if there is a circumstance to be written in.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

px780
Jul 10 2009, 12:50 AM
Y'know...I wish they'd have swapped the Nicole and Sami roles if Stefano has to be involved somehow. Sami would be much better as the Dimera queen, imho, and Zucker could better pull off residual guilt/sorrow about the death of a child.

As it is- their (the Sami/Nicole) relationship is what I'll be interested to see develop. The Rafe/Sami stuff- whatever. I guess I give kudos for them not writing another story where Sami has the secret.
I agree with you on all points.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Quote:

Quote:

I understand what you are saying and sorry for your lose. When you go through something as devastating as losing a child you look for that, even for a minute of comfort, whether physical or emotional.

Rafe and Sami both had this child they loved and bonded together and now they have to try to get beyond the pain of losing her and see if there is more to their relationship. This storyline is very realistic to me, sad but realistic.

Sami looking at the picture of Grace and knowing that all of them wouldn't be together showed where Sami's head was, IMO. I also wonder just how much is left on the editing floor especially if there is a circumstance to be written in.
Thank you for sharing this!!!! Even though I want Ejami, I don't see Sami's behavior so out of line either. In death, people seek life. It might be nice if once they did like what you had said you experienced "I had times when I could laugh and smile with my friends and then feel guilty in the seclusion of the bathroom for feeling any joy at all and cry all over again" but I dont think Sami is acting so strangely.

I am so sorry for your loss, God bless.
Edited by Halloween Family, Jul 20 2009, 01:50 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply