Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Patsy Pease Interview
Topic Started: Jul 8 2009, 09:42 PM (4,274 Views)
RogerNewcomb
Member Avatar

Part 1:
http://www.welovesoaps.net/2009/07/wls-interview-patsy-pease-part-one.html
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

Thanks for that Roger. Great interview. She sounds like a great person. Kim and Shane, Steve and Kayla were the best back in the day.

RogerNewcomb
Member Avatar

Thanks, Dave.

Part Two is up now.
http://www.welovesoaps.net/2009/07/we-love-soaps-how-did-you-know-that-kim.html

Ellie

Thanks! Fascinating interview, especially part 2.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I didn't watch when she was on but this is a stellar interview. Without a doubt one of the best actor interviews I've read. Thank you! Looking forward to Part 3.

oldschoolfan

Thanks for posting. They were a very interesting read. Can't wait for the third installment.

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

RogerNewcomb
Jul 9 2009, 11:34 PM
Roger, if your thanks was directed to me, it's actually Sandie (ArizonaDaze) Dave is just a typo I hope! LOL. Loved the 2nd installment and look forward to the next. It's is so refreshing to have such an honest interview. Great questions too. Patsy is so right about the state of soaps today. I just watch Days and have since the beginning and find it sad how the show has declined over the last few years. I still watch, mostly out of habit, but right now there is nothing I have to rush home to see. Just a way to mindlessly relax after work.

RogerNewcomb
Member Avatar

ArizonaDaze
Jul 10 2009, 01:50 PM
RogerNewcomb
Jul 9 2009, 11:34 PM
Roger, if your thanks was directed to me, it's actually Sandie (ArizonaDaze) Dave is just a typo I hope! LOL. Loved the 2nd installment and look forward to the next. It's is so refreshing to have such an honest interview. Great questions too. Patsy is so right about the state of soaps today. I just watch Days and have since the beginning and find it sad how the show has declined over the last few years. I still watch, mostly out of habit, but right now there is nothing I have to rush home to see. Just a way to mindlessly relax after work.
Sandie, yes the thanks were intended to you. Apparently I am not paying attention nor can I read! LOL

There's lots more to come with Patsy and it's all very fascinating to me having been a fan of hers since the beginning.

lene
Member Avatar

Very interesting. Thanks!

Deleted User
Deleted User

Loving this interview. She is the only blood Brady I want on my screen. She would be such a great asset to the show.
Quote Post Goto Top

RogerNewcomb
Member Avatar

Part Three:
http://www.welovesoaps.net/2009/07/wls-interview-patsy-pease-part-three.html

AlmostRosey
Member Avatar

RogerNewcomb
Jul 11 2009, 08:28 PM
Thank you for this!
I have to admit I didn't know about her firing story and the one with Kimberly losing the pregnancy while Patsy was actually still carrying.... She really is one of kind !!

RogerNewcomb
Member Avatar

AlmostRosey
Jul 12 2009, 04:18 PM
RogerNewcomb
Jul 11 2009, 08:28 PM
Thank you for this!
I have to admit I didn't know about her firing story and the one with Kimberly losing the pregnancy while Patsy was actually still carrying.... She really is one of kind !!
If I knew some of that, I had forgotten.

It's also interesting to hear her talk about what she was/is willing to play considering we've had so much discussion about that lately will Engen/Mauceri.

Dr. Chip

Thanks for sharing the interview. Patsy Pease is my all-time favorite actor.

RogerNewcomb
Member Avatar

Dr. Chip
Jul 12 2009, 06:09 PM
I loved her so much back in the day. The only downside is I'm old enough to remember "they day" LOL :)

Thinking back, I think Kimberly was my favorite Brady along with Wayne Northrup's Roman. IMO she was the best actress who played a Brady sibling so maybe that's why.

I'll never forget the scene where Kimberly was blind and Emma started torturing her. Such classic stuff.

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

Roger, great interview and very much looking forward to part 3. I just wish more soap actors would be open and honest like Patsy Pease is in this interview.

Dr. Chip

RogerNewcomb
Jul 12 2009, 06:44 PM
Dr. Chip
Jul 12 2009, 06:09 PM
I loved her so much back in the day. The only downside is I'm old enough to remember "they day" LOL :)

Thinking back, I think Kimberly was my favorite Brady along with Wayne Northrup's Roman. IMO she was the best actress who played a Brady sibling so maybe that's why.

I'll never forget the scene where Kimberly was blind and Emma started torturing her. Such classic stuff.
I enjoyed everything Kimberly did after the show dropped the idea of pairing her with Tony (except for most of the Cal Winters mess).

Still remember the Miami storyline with Victor, her ignoring Caroline's warnings to stay away from him, her finding out that Caroline and Victor had a child, and her heartache over thinking that she was pregnant by her father, Victor . . . the kidnapping of Andrew . . . the crap from Emma, Eve, Gabrielle . . . escaping Harper Deveraux's knife . . . courting Lawrence to save Bo . . . even the MPD storyline.

I love Deidre Hall and Susan Seaforth Hayes, but both of those actresses have "off" days from time to time. To me, Patsy Pease was always on her A game. I miss Kimberly!!!

Dr. Chip

And one of my all-time favorite moments was when Emma tumbled out of that chair on New Year's Eve, dead as a doornail.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I don't know the history here- did they recast after she was fired and continue with that storyline?

RogerNewcomb
Member Avatar

px780
Jul 13 2009, 11:37 AM
I don't know the history here- did they recast after she was fired and continue with that storyline?
I think Anne Howard (ex-Nicole, AW) played Kimberly after that until Patsy returned again.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply