Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Patsy Pease Interview
Topic Started: Jul 8 2009, 09:42 PM (4,222 Views)
Sweetbabygirl
Member Avatar
Meow This!

Wow, what a great interview! Patsy kicks ass, she seems like the type of gal I like to hang with, where you can swig a beer or two and be as crazy as you want to be.
Canít wait for Part 4, thanks for putting this up.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I think Patsy was replaced twice by Anne Howard, each time she left the role. The last time Anne replaced her, Anne was herself replaced by Ariana Chase who is possibly better known as Arianne Munker (ex-Marianne Randolph, AW; ex-Melinda Gray, ATWT).

dockbuddy

I did not agree with everything Patsy did on or off the show, but admire her actions. A very complex person. Loved her as Kimber. I really liked it when the Brady siblings were in scenes together. Gave a real feeling to the show. I don't hold out much hope for the show these days. Patys Pease really gave Days of Our Lives some memorable moments. Hard to forget the best years.

esp13
Member Avatar

px780
Jul 13 2009, 11:37 AM
I don't know the history here- did they recast after she was fired and continue with that storyline?
When Patsy left in the spring (or so) of 1990, she was replaced by Anne Howard. Ironically, they must have decided to scrap the "dead baby" storyline because they had Kim leave town and give birth offscreen. There was one scene of Shane finding out Kim had given birth and going to see the baby (they never showed Kim). Of course, Shane thought the baby was Cal's at that time.

Patsy returned in February of 1991 and started the whole Kim/Shane/Kayla triangle that, generally, went over like a load of bricks. She was replaced temporarily by Anne Howard again sometime in 1991, I believe. I remember Anne being in a few episodes and then PP returning. Anyway, Kim then left for LA in early 1992. I know she returned one more time sometime in the next year or so, but I wasn't watching much then so I don't know the details of that stay (beyond the fact that her mental illness issues were allegedly one of the reasons she was fired the last time).

RogerNewcomb
Member Avatar

Part Four:
http://www.welovesoaps.net/2009/07/wls-interview-patsy-pease-part-four.html

Sweetbabygirl
Member Avatar
Meow This!

Keep it coming, thanks so much!

lysie
Member Avatar

Dang. This is a long interview. It's interesting...but long.

I never really liked Kimberly. I didn't so much dislike her, but...well...I never got into the portrayal of her at all. I'm always glad when she visits just because I like reunions and family-type things, but I always found her pretty over the top.

dockbuddy

lysie
Jul 14 2009, 12:21 PM
Dang. This is a long interview. It's interesting...but long.

I never really liked Kimberly. I didn't so much dislike her, but...well...I never got into the portrayal of her at all. I'm always glad when she visits just because I like reunions and family-type things, but I always found her pretty over the top. quote ] dockbuddy- Yes , Patsy could be over the top. Loved Kim and Shane together. They were intense, it seemed real.
Edited by dockbuddy, Jul 14 2009, 06:23 PM.

Sweetbabygirl
Member Avatar
Meow This!

:OhMy: The hell? Patsy Pease's Kimberly may have been intense, but never over the top....that would be Matt Ashford's Jack.

lysie
Member Avatar

Sweetbabygirl
Jul 15 2009, 08:08 AM
:OhMy: The hell? Patsy Pease's Kimberly may have been intense, but never over the top....that would be Matt Ashford's Jack.

LOL. Well, I won't disagree with your last statement, but I also stand by what I said. It's kind of funny, though how differently people can view things like this. I know that there's one scene of hers in particular that I've read rave reviews of that she just ruins for me because I feel like her reaction is over the top. She's not actually necessary to the scene, and I've always wished she weren't there because she's distracting, but that's obviously not a popular opinion. I feel similarly about a current actor on the show. In some places (possibly just his fans, though) he's getting rave reviews, and I think it's some of the worst acting I've ever seen, and it's taking away from the actual story.

Regardless, it's a pretty insightful interview. I can think of a few past actors I wish they'd interview like this...

Sweetbabygirl
Member Avatar
Meow This!

I like your point so I'ma have to let you live, lol. What's the Kimberly scene you are referring to?

lysie
Member Avatar

Sweetbabygirl
Jul 15 2009, 11:35 AM
I like your point so I'ma have to let you live, lol. What's the Kimberly scene you are referring to?
Thanks! I have some unavoidable plans for the weekend...

Roman's 1984 death. (it's really sad when you have to specify the year)

titan1978
Member Avatar

Thank you for a wonderful interview.

I was really into Roman/Marlena, and Bo/Hope when all the originals were playing them, and Kim was the "B" storyline for me. I always liked her, but time has made me appriciate her even more. She always seemed to act from the gut, and was raw when the material called for her to go there.

The Brady family was the last full family integrated on any soap I watched that I enjoyed every single part of. Roman, Bo, Kayla, Kimberly, Shawn, Caroline, even frankie and Max. I really invested in them, and I loved it when they were all together again. Roman/Kim always had a special bond, just like Kayla/Bo. Best siblings on a soap, because they did not spend all their time turning on each other. They had conflict, but not as contrived as today.

I took Patsy Pease for granted. I miss Kimberly, the same way I miss Maureen on GL, and Laura on GH. The heart is missing from these shows.

Dr. Chip

Uh oh! I remember the 1984 scene. Bad, bad, bad. Sorry, Patsy. (But other than that, you were great.) :-)

Dr. Chip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWMvS0w0VO8

Marlena's reaction - 2:00

Kimberly's reaction - 2:48

Deleted User
Deleted User

Dr. Chip
Jul 15 2009, 10:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWMvS0w0VO8

Marlena's reaction - 2:00

Kimberly's reaction - 2:48
Ew, that is NOT Shawn and Caroline LOL
Quote Post Goto Top

RogerNewcomb
Member Avatar

Part Five:
http://www.welovesoaps.net/2009/07/wls-interview-patsy-pease-part-five.html

RogerNewcomb
Member Avatar

lysie
Jul 15 2009, 11:33 AM
Regardless, it's a pretty insightful interview. I can think of a few past actors I wish they'd interview like this...
If you have some people in mind, let me know. We have a lot of current stuff coming up but also some amazing classic stuff as well.

Sweetbabygirl
Member Avatar
Meow This!

Ouch, some of the comments at the end were harsh but great interview, thanks for putting it up!

Deleted User
Deleted User

Sweetbabygirl
Jul 16 2009, 08:23 AM
Ouch, some of the comments at the end were harsh but great interview, thanks for putting it up!
Harsh, but true! It saddens me that she would never return full time. :(
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply