Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Patsy Pease Interview
Topic Started: Jul 8 2009, 09:42 PM (4,153 Views)
Sweetbabygirl
Member Avatar
Do I look like I give a bluedilly fuck?!

Yeah, that does suck....she and Charles should return, just for Shane and Kim to reunite, marry and leave for good! HUGE S&K fan, then Bo and Hope....was okay with Steve and Kayla, could take them or leave them.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Out of those four Shane and Kim trump them all. Easily, for me anyway.
Quote Post Goto Top

Sindacco
Member Avatar

She comes of as a diva in that interview. Never liked her acting either so I'm glad she's not coming back.
Edited by Sindacco, Jul 16 2009, 09:35 AM.

Dr. Chip

Well, I have to say that Patsy's insight seems a little late in coming. For years, she told fans she wanted to return to DAYS and wished Charlie would go with her. She was disappointed when he returned for nine episodes and she wasn't asked back, too. She has returned every time she has been asked and said one time that she called the show to see if they had any room for her. Even though I don't blame her for being resentful after the treatment she received during her pregnancy, I think "bitter grapes" are a part of this.

After this interview, I doubt she'll be asked back. I appreciate her candor, but who's going to want to see her back now?

Twenty-five years after she started, there are only a few people still there, so I wonder who she's talking about. Suzanne Rogers? Peggy McCay? Josh Taylor? Peter Reckell? Kristian Alfonso? Jim Reynolds? Joe Mascolo? John Aniston? It has to be one of them.

I, too, miss that "spark" that's not there anymore. Something magical happened back then, and I don't think we'll ever see that same magic again. But I still think this group of actors (except Josh Taylor -- I can take him or leave him) is turning out good performances.

Still . . . I love Patsy's Kimberly!
Edited by Dr. Chip, Jul 17 2009, 12:12 AM.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Kristian Alfonso is the front runner from my perspective. She looks bored as shit.
Quote Post Goto Top

Kyrai

Thanks for posting these Roger. Patsy Pease was my favorite Days actress. She always seemed so empathetic and amazing in every situation. I just loved her.

I never realized all this went on. I had assumed she wanted to leave Days. Such a shame this happened to her. I sympathize with how torn she felt between job and family.

lysie
Member Avatar

Dr. Chip
Jul 16 2009, 10:16 AM
Well, I have to say that Patsy's insight seems a little late in coming. For years, she told fans she wanted to return to DAYS and wished Charlie would go with her. She was disappointed when he returned for nine episodes and she wasn't asked back, too. She has returned every time she has been asked and said one time that she called the show to see if they had any room for her. Even though I don't blame her for being resentful after the treatment she received during her pregnancy, I think "bitter grapes" are a part of this.

After this interview, I doubt she'll be asked back. I appreciate her candor, but who's going to want to see her back now?

Twenty-five years after she started, there are only a few people still there, so I wonder who she's talking about. Suzanne Rogers? Peggy McCay? Josh Taylor? Peter Reckell? Kristian Alfonso? Jim Reynolds? Joe Mascolo? It has to be one of them.

I, too, miss that "spark" that's not there anymore. Something magical happened back then, and I don't think we'll ever see that same magic again. But I still think this group of actors (except Josh Taylor -- I can take him or leave him) is turning out good performances.

Still . . . I love Patsy's Kimberly!
Well, I read it in a hurry earlier this morning, but if she's talking about when she came back the last time there more people still there.

I agree with what you said about bitter grapes, though. There are some harsh comments, and it seems like some of this would have come out before now from other actors in some form instead of the exact opposite. Plus, I don't know...just because an actor isn't excited on set, doesn't mean they're not happy at home and with their life, you know? I agree about "that spark" to a point, but I've always attributed it to better writing back then and aging.

Sindacco, I agree with you, too. She does sound pretty diva-ish, especially towards the end - in kind of an ironic way.

esp13
Member Avatar

lysie
Jul 16 2009, 12:16 PM
Well, I read it in a hurry earlier this morning, but if she's talking about when she came back the last time there more people still there.

I agree with what you said about bitter grapes, though. There are some harsh comments, and it seems like some of this would have come out before now from other actors in some form instead of the exact opposite. Plus, I don't know...just because an actor isn't excited on set, doesn't mean they're not happy at home and with their life, you know? I agree about "that spark" to a point, but I've always attributed it to better writing back then and aging.

Sindacco, I agree with you, too. She does sound pretty diva-ish, especially towards the end - in kind of an ironic way.
The last time she came back was for Shawn Sr.'s funeral and she primarily interacted with Peggy McCray, John Aniston, Mary Beth Evans, Stephen Nichols, Peter Reckell, Kristian Alfonzo, and Josh Taylor all of whom were there 20 years ago. So, I presume she was pretty much talking about all of them.

I do agree with her that there is a spark missing that was there 20 years ago, but I think that has a whole lot more to do with much better writing and the fact that they were all 20 years younger then. And, I certainly don't think it means that those who were still on the show (or had returned) were somehow selling their souls or forsaking their own happiness for a paycheck. From everything I've read or heard, MBE, SN, PR, and KA are very happy and active in their lives outside of Days. Maybe they don't get the degree of artistic fulfillment from Days that they did 20 years ago, but so what? I know she tried to backtrack at the end a bit, but it came across as awfully judgmental, IMO.

That said, she's entitled to her opinion and how she views choices made by other people. It does surpise me that she'd keep coming back feeling that way, however.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kriss4

In parts four and five, I think, she comes across as rather harsh and insulting toward just about everyone involved with Days, period. She just lumps them all together and insults them as a whole, IMO.

Interesting, but not something I'd have ever expected from her. I wonder, if she could go back and read what she said, if she'd want to re-evaluate, because there's not really a need to say some of those things that way.

It's like, in spite of her qualifying her statements, she IS saying she's better than everyone else and that's not cool.
Edited by Kriss4, Jul 16 2009, 11:19 PM.

estiew2008

esp13
Jul 16 2009, 02:43 PM
lysie
Jul 16 2009, 12:16 PM

The last time she came back was for Shawn Sr.'s funeral and she primarily interacted with Peggy McCray, John Aniston, Mary Beth Evans, Stephen Nichols, Peter Reckell, Kristian Alfonzo, and Josh Taylor all of whom were there 20 years ago. So, I presume she was pretty much talking about all of them.

I do agree with her that there is a spark missing that was there 20 years ago, but I think that has a whole lot more to do with much better writing and the fact that they were all 20 years younger then. And, I certainly don't think it means that those who were still on the show (or had returned) were somehow selling their souls or forsaking their own happiness for a paycheck. From everything I've read or heard, MBE, SN, PR, and KA are very happy and active in their lives outside of Days. Maybe they don't get the degree of artistic fulfillment from Days that they did 20 years ago, but so what? I know she tried to backtrack at the end a bit, but it came across as awfully judgmental, IMO.

That said, she's entitled to her opinion and how she views choices made by other people. It does surpise me that she'd keep coming back feeling that way, however.
I tend to agree with you. I am a huge Kim & Shane fan , so I was very excited about the interview. I am disappointed though. Parts one to three, are pretty insightful, but in parts four & five she comes out as bitter and resentful. It's sad the way she was treated back in the 80-90's, but that was twenty years ago, and it seems to me she never really got over it. She says she feels sorry for those who are still there and at the same time she says she is not better then they are. I disagree with that, because you can only feel sorry for someone if you feel you are better or superior. As far as the missing spark, well with the writing these days it's hard to have any. Plus the period she is referring to most of the actors were young and ambitious and probably invested a lot more of themselves into the show. Now for most of them days is just a job and perhaps they invest themselves in other things besides their job. I know MB and KA have their own businesses which they invest into, and SN is writing a play, so where do we see they they have sold themselves to Days for a paycheck. Besides, I watched Mary Beth Evans and Stephen Nichols during their second run and they have done an amazing job, despite the bad writing.

I assume a lot of what she said comes from the paid she feels about mistreated at days, but that doesn't make it ok to insult other actors for decisions they make.

Kriss4

She comes off really poorly in the last 2 parts of the interview and that's just the truth.

There's no need for her to judge others or to act superior to them. She doesn't know them anymore, really, so for her to do that is presumptuous in the extreme.

She made whatever choices she needed to make in order to survive, right? She says so in the body of the interview. So why then does she judge others for doing the same?

Not cool.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I read the comments here before the remainder of the interview and expected much worse. I didn't think she came off that bitter in the final remarks. I found her more...confusing. You can see nothing has changed but there was a light in people before? Or something?

I dunno. It was a really interesting read, thank you for that.

RogerNewcomb
Member Avatar

Final part of the Patsy interview.
http://www.welovesoaps.net/2009/07/wls-interview-patsy-pease-part-six.html

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

Thanks Roger for posting the interview. I really enjoyed it. And thank Damon too.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply