Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Weekly Discussion; Week of 7/13 - 7/17
Topic Started: Jul 13 2009, 12:20 PM (3,703 Views)
Ellie

DAYS OF OUR LIVES

7/13 - 7/17

Discuss. :smile:

Classic clip: Shawn and Belle decide to help Rex and Cassie. Ah, summertime.

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

So I tune back in today and witness what can only be described as sheer terror at JKJ's hair. WTH???

I'm not happy Nathan changed his last name to Horton. However, if so, how does Stephanie know then he's Melissa's son without being told?

Someone needs to tell MB to stop with the funny voices because they only make her seem younger and when she's acting opposite Brady and Philip, it makes the inneduedo even worse.

Did anyone catch JS in the promo commercial where he's smiling and being charming? Remember when EJ used to smile?

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

I skipped today and watched GSN.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Tripp
Jul 13 2009, 01:29 PM
So I tune back in today and witness what can only be described as sheer terror at JKJ's hair. WTH???

I'm not happy Nathan changed his last name to Horton. However, if so, how does Stephanie know then he's Melissa's son without being told?

Someone needs to tell MB to stop with the funny voices because they only make her seem younger and when she's acting opposite Brady and Philip, it makes the inneduedo even worse.

Did anyone catch JS in the promo commercial where he's smiling and being charming? Remember when EJ used to smile?

Yeah, IDK why they gave them (EJ and Philip) haircuts but left the top long. Philip's looks like a variation of Hitlers style.

Who's suppose to be Nathan's father?

I am a big fan of Melanie but I think her time is up on the show. She's back to doing her drunk demeanor and big mouthin'. MB is talented but she could easily fall into a rut by staying on the show.

It's nice to see Sami a little more put together but what's with her hair? Is it suppose to be hair of a mom still in mourning or do the stylists think it looks pretty?

Nicole's hair was so pretty but I guess the beginnning of the show was shot on a different day because it didn't look as pretty, it had a Johnny Quest look to it. It got better once she changed into that nightgown, though. Ari's new curves are becoming. I feel sorry for Nicole, EJ treats her like shit...he doesn't deserve her. The babies playing Sydney love Ari. The scene between Nicole, Sami and Syd were very touching, especially when Sami went to hold Sydney and the baby cried, you couldn't script it better than that.

At first I thought Kate's earings were Satanic stars.

Galen did pretty well in his scene with EJ. Despite his wooden self, he didn't seem intimidated by EJ in the least.

And of course no episode would be complete without some Danloe lust flashbacks.

mer4santo
Member Avatar
I own you bitch.

Halloween Family
Jul 13 2009, 06:00 PM
Galen did pretty well in his scene with EJ. Despite his wooden self, he didn't seem intimidated by EJ in the least.

Showing intimidation would require some 'acting' skills. There. I said it.

Galen is a very good looking guy but I'm sure he is type cast as the easy going, laid back vanilla character for a reason. I think I might be more open to this character if he were involved with characters other than Sami and that godawful Arianna. Why couldn't he have worked for the Salem PD and been involved with that crowd too?

I used to hate, hate, hate Melanie but I like her now as long as she is is the meddling teenager.

Did anyone else think Brady looked a bit overtanned today? Yikes.

We were treated to two, count 'em, two accidental 'running into' scenes today. Seriously, give it a break.

Stephanie seemed more alive today than I have ever seen her. A smidge of bitter looks good on her.

LK is pulling all of the weight in the ridiculous poisoning story and I feel very sorry for BD and his lack of storyline. Making Lucas the chump has been happening for much too long....and well since I can't get enough of the saxsex flashbacks I'm feeling very satisfied by today's episode. My only question is why did Lucas and Chloe need to go to Daniel's apartment when he had the time to go for a run?

Nicole and Sami on shaky but civil ground is fun for now leading up to an even bigger betrayal when Nicole's little secret comes out.

Yay! JS Day's Fun Fact! Good times! :cheers:

Alligato
Member Avatar

mer4santo
Jul 13 2009, 11:17 PM
We were treated to two, count 'em, two accidental 'running into' scenes today. Seriously, give it a break.

I don't know why this pisses me off so much, but when I see people bump into each other like this, I want to turn the TV off.
Just. Pisses. Me. Off.
Lazy ass writing at its finest!

It seems that AZ is more comfortable and more natural with the babies than AS is.

This Nicole/Sami bonding is just horseshit to me. As soon as it doesn't suit Sami anymore, she will be back to the old "money grubbing whore" commentary in no time.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

mer4santo
Halloween Family
Jul 13 2009, 06:00 PM

Showing intimidation would require some 'acting' skills. There. I said it.

Galen is a very good looking guy but I'm sure he is type cast as the easy going, laid back vanilla character for a reason. I think I might be more open to this character if he were involved with characters other than Sami and that godawful Arianna. Why couldn't he have worked for the Salem PD and been involved with that crowd too?

I used to hate, hate, hate Melanie but I like her now as long as she is is the meddling teenager.

Did anyone else think Brady looked a bit overtanned today? Yikes.

Stephanie seemed more alive today than I have ever seen her. A smidge of bitter looks good on her.

LK is pulling all of the weight in the ridiculous poisoning story and I feel very sorry for BD and his lack of storyline. Making Lucas the chump has been happening for much too long....and well since I can't get enough of the saxsex flashbacks I'm feeling very satisfied by today's episode. My only question is why did Lucas and Chloe need to go to Daniel's apartment when he had the time to go for a run?

Nicole and Sami on shaky but civil ground is fun for now leading up to an even bigger betrayal when Nicole's little secret comes out.

Yay! JS Day's Fun Fact! Good times! :cheers:
In wasn't just his lack of intimidation, Galen held his own in the scene. Believe me, if anyone around here is critical of the actors' acting it's me (in fact MOST of the actors are making me roll my eyes), but I did think Galen didn't let James overtake the scene. I agree, the character of Rafe seems like your typical guy--kind of emotionally unavailable.

Figures--once everyone starts liking Melanie, I start to not like her.

Yes, Brady looked super tanned. I just saw a youtube clip of him peddling some tanning lotion mitt glove type thing. Looks like they got carried away.

Alligato, the bumping into each other stuff makes me see red and it pisses me off too because it's like the writers are telling me "youre too fucking stupid to catch on to any kind of real build up, so we'll just have to spoonfeed it to you." very insulting.

mer4santo
Member Avatar
I own you bitch.

Halloween Family
Jul 13 2009, 11:56 PM
Yes, Brady looked super tanned. I just saw a youtube clip of him peddling some tanning lotion mitt glove type thing. Looks like they got carried away.
ooohhhh!!! do you have a link? that might be the best entertainment I've seen from Days in a long time. ;)

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Alligato
Jul 13 2009, 11:43 PM
mer4santo

I don't know why this pisses me off so much, but when I see people bump into each other like this, I want to turn the TV off.
Just. Pisses. Me. Off.
Lazy ass writing at its finest!

At least nobody rubbed snot on anyone else.

Alligato
Member Avatar

I think I might prefer the snot over this obnoxious "I can't seem to look where I am going" bullshit!

And, I happened to catch the show on soapnet last night again, and I though that GG did good opposite EJ in their little confrontation. If anything, I find JS to be a one note actor lately. He can't seem to break "pissed off" face for anything or with anyone he is working with, even Sydney.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

mer4santo
Jul 14 2009, 12:02 AM
Halloween Family
ooohhhh!!! do you have a link? that might be the best entertainment I've seen from Days in a long time. ;)
[/center]

He isn't naked or anything in this one. (Not that I was looking for naked pics of Eric M. or anthing. :$

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Alligato
Jul 14 2009, 09:32 AM
I think I might prefer the snot over this obnoxious "I can't seem to look where I am going" bullshit!

And, I happened to catch the show on soapnet last night again, and I though that GG did good opposite EJ in their little confrontation. If anything, I find JS to be a one note actor lately. He can't seem to break "pissed off" face for anything or with anyone he is working with, even Sydney.
Well, I think the snot was absurd because instead of just knocking her over, she blindly wiped snot at a stranger walking way too close to her. Gross.

But I do agree on JS. He has been showing one range of emotion lately and it's getting on my nerves. That's why I was so taken aback at JS smiling in between commercials yesterday. I realize that EJ lost a child and is angry over that, but they stupidly let Sami act sexy and teasingly around Rafe after just losing her child (which is what makes baby dying stories wrong on soaps, you can't justify sexual tension that is needed to move a love story along). They could at least allow EJ to try to "act happy" around his other children who would pick up no his moods (or have someone point that out to him). He's taking it out on everyone around him, especially Nicole and even though WE KNOW she's stepped over the line as well, EJ doesn't know that.

mer4santo
Member Avatar
I own you bitch.

Halloween Family
Jul 14 2009, 10:29 AM
mer4santo
Jul 14 2009, 12:02 AM
Halloween Family
[/center]

He isn't naked or anything in this one. (Not that I was looking for naked pics of Eric M. or anthing. :$
too funny! thanks!
I love the directions.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Tripp
Jul 14 2009, 10:33 AM
Alligato
Jul 14 2009, 09:32 AM

Well, I think the snot was absurd because instead of just knocking her over, she blindly wiped snot at a stranger walking way too close to her. Gross.

But I do agree on JS. He has been showing one range of emotion lately and it's getting on my nerves. That's why I was so taken aback at JS smiling in between commercials yesterday. I realize that EJ lost a child and is angry over that, but they stupidly let Sami act sexy and teasingly around Rafe after just losing her child (which is what makes baby dying stories wrong on soaps, you can't justify sexual tension that is needed to move a love story along). They could at least allow EJ to try to "act happy" around his other children who would pick up no his moods (or have someone point that out to him). He's taking it out on everyone around him, especially Nicole and even though WE KNOW she's stepped over the line as well, EJ doesn't know that.
What snot are you guys talking about?

People still have sex after death of a loved one, people grieve differently and some use sex as a drug. Some people just cannot cope with pain. And of course on a soap they exagerate things too.

As far as EJ knows, Nicole has been a saint to him and he continues to use her as a punching bag.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Watching today's show. Seeing Will and trying to pay attention. What is he, 17? So he's one year younger then Melanie? Why isn't she hanging out with this age group?

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Tripp
Jul 14 2009, 01:37 PM
Watching today's show. Seeing Will and trying to pay attention. What is he, 17? So he's one year younger then Melanie? Why isn't she hanging out with this age group?
That's my biggest question. I mean, Melanie is a college girl now, and I don't expect her to be hanging out with the high school kids all the time, but every now and then would be totally believable. I don't think Melanie's ever even had a scene with Will yet. I think that's weird. He's closer to her age than Philip or Brady.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

DrewHamilton
Jul 14 2009, 01:42 PM
Tripp
That's my biggest question. I mean, Melanie is a college girl now, and I don't expect her to be hanging out with the high school kids all the time, but every now and then would be totally believable. I don't think Melanie's ever even had a scene with Will yet. I think that's weird. He's closer to her age than Philip or Brady.
Exactly, and though you do have the issues of her being over 18 versus he being under 18, that's way more believable then she getting the attention of a millionaire CEO.

Ok, Rafe talks like he's just taking a valium. In every scene.

Arianna (is that how you spell it?) is rather boring. At least from today's episode. I'm glad to see Brady appearing in scenes with someone othen then Melanie (can't trust Dena to keep them platonic, that woman needs psychiatric help on her daddy issues) but I'm not feeling it with Rafe's sister. I wish he had more scenes with Nicole again, when the news comes out on waht she did, she's gonna need a friend. And who knows if Chloe will still be alive or not.

Speaking of Chloe, the only thing that keeps me watching this story is Chris. I wish he was Kate's son and Lucas was her assistant.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Melanie is a college girl? I know she's 18 turning 19 this year, so she's college-age, but I thought she was going to nursing school. What happened with that?

Do we know how old Chad is? If he was say, 17, when he knocked up Mia and is 18 now, why can't he be Melanie's love interest? I know Dena isn't as fond of couples who are roughly the same age as she is of female-May/male-December, but that would work for me. At least let them spend some time together and hang out, which is plausible, and if they have no chem, fine, but why not at least test them. I haven't been impressed with what I've seen of Melanie and Nathan; they feel very forced, whereas Stephanie and Nathan clicked nicely. I'm not shipping Stephanie and Nathan, I just think they had better chemistry than Melanie and Nathan. Since I did think Molly had chemistry with Blake, it is not impossible for me to find her palatable in a pairing--they just need to find the right one and nobody since Nick has done it for me with her. In fact, two of her potential pairings have thoroughly revolted me.

The show is incredibly boring right now. Like, beyond boring. I'm finding it harder and harder to tune in to the Days of Sami's and Melanie's Lives.
Edited by Paxton, Jul 14 2009, 02:05 PM.

jane1978

DrewHamilton
Tripp
Ok, I know this is the old debate again, but I really doubt girl like Mel could be ever interested in someone like Will. She probably was over dating high school boys when she was 16. The girl is cynical, street smart and life already tought her a lot, not mentioning her experience with men. She was playing guys her own age like a fiddle in France mainly because she knew exactly what buttons to push. And we all know what she did with Nick.

Phillip was the first guy who made her fool in her own game when she attempted to seduce him back in November last year. No wonder it excited her. And now with Nathan, again, the guy had her pegged the first second he layed his eyes on her. He is arrogant and smart ass and very much men version of her, minus the evil father sold me for sex when I was underage part.

I hope we will eventually see Mel and Mia develop something like sister relationship between them, but I see her more like the "be nice while Iīm out" kind than "letīs all play scrabble together."

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

jane1978
Jul 14 2009, 02:28 PM
DrewHamilton
Tripp
Ok, I know this is the old debate again, but I really doubt girl like Mel could be ever interested in someone like Will. She probably was over dating high school boys when she was 16. The girl is cynical, street smart and life already tought her a lot, not mentioning her experience with men. She was playing guys her own age like a fiddle in France mainly because she knew exactly what buttons to push. And we all know what she did with Nick.

What did she do with Nick? Nick saw straight through her, and he actually was the one who manipulated her while being in a drug induced haze. As for her street smarts, I've seen no evidence of that, given she either was living off her pimp of a father then turned around agreed to live with stranger Maggie Horton immediately. She begged for the jobs she's gotten, and never proved herself. Now maybe she wouldn't go look for a HS guy, but that would be the likely person she could "manipulate" and that I could buy her chasing, especially if she thought he had money.

Quote:

Phillip was the first guy who made her fool in her own game when she attempted to seduce him back in November last year. No wonder it excited her. And now with Nathan, again, the guy had her pegged the first second he layed his eyes on her. He is arrogant and smart ass and very much men version of her, minus the evil father sold me for sex when I was underage part.

Ugh, don't remind me of that "seduction". It was awful in the fact that Philip would be even willing to let her do this to him and I just don't buy MB as this seductress they have set up. I could probably get on board with her and Nathan, but the strip poker scene turned me off to them. Also, the fact that "goody two shoes" Nathan can see through her again spills out what a horrible little con artist she is. Her character deserves to be with the HS crowd because only they would be naive enough to fall for it.

Melanie being written as the "Heather Locklear of DOOL" of absurd and I have no idea what's going on unless Molly Burnett is related to Ken Corday somehow.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply