Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Eric Martsolf talks with Michael Fairman
Topic Started: Jul 16 2009, 10:25 PM (871 Views)
Ellie

http://www.advocate.com/exclusive_detail_ektid98906.asp

Soapside: Advocate's Guide to Daytime

By Michael Fairman
An Advocate.com exclusive posted July 16, 2009

Eric Martsolf Martsolf on Shirtless Soap Etiquette

Days of our Lives' talented soap heartthrob Eric Martsolf (Brady) and I recently sat down for an interview for an upcoming feature in Australia's TV Soap magazine. (Days, Y&R, and B&B are the three U.S. soaps that air Down Under.) During our chat I could not resist discussing the situation of this star -- who is married with two children -- that more often than not, he appears shirtless on the soaps he is on. Many recall that Eric remained mostly shirtless for years playing Ethan on the now-defunct Passions. I told Eric that I felt they certainly objectified the men on that show, and asked him if Days is following suit?

“There have been more and more shirtless situations. Recently on-air I played strip poker with Mark Hafka [Nathan] while two girls looked on. Why were we doing this? Who cares? [Laughs] Then on another episode I walked into Victor’s living room soaking wet because… I forgot my towel! And apparently, Brady has taken up swimming. It’s great. [Laughs] John Aniston [Victor, and real life pop to Jennifer Aniston] is like, Brady, what are you doing getting water all over my couch? And I am like, Sorry, I forgot a towel, and then we start having a discussion while I am naked. It’s awesome and hilarious!

"Oh excuse me for interrupting our interview, Michael; this is wardrobe knocking at my door coming in to take what’s left of my clothing now… one shoe and a sock! [Laughs]

Then Martsolf and I discussed how his wife, Lisa, has dealt with all the shirtless sex romps he has had with multiple women during his times on the soaps.

“My wife Lisa did Soap Talk with Lisa Rinna and Ty Treadway a few years back. They had Cameron Mathison’s [Ryan, AMC] wife on with her as well. Lisa Rinna asked 'How do you feel about your man rolling around with all these women?' Cameron’s wife is like, 'It’s his job and I know how he feels about me. At the end of the day, I am OK with it.' And she asks my wife, and she is like, 'Hell no. Are you kidding me? Would you like your significant other rolling around with some other hot girl in the morning?' Lisa Rinna went, 'Thank God that someone said it like it is.' It’s not easy, even eight years later. I think my wife likes to meet the ladies I romantically am paired with on-screen, and get to know them. That seems to make all the difference. You see, my wife gets shoes with the money I make. So as long as she gets those, we’re cool [laughs]."

But what’s next for Brady? He apparently had a severe drug addiction while the character was off-screen for a few years, and Eric would love to see him go to the darker side.

"I had played such a 'Dudley Do-Right' character on Passions that I was looking forward to playing a guy who had some bad history to him. Brady has some addiction issues, whether it's drugs or women, and he tells people how it is. He has become pretty aggressive. He has done some good deeds for some guys, as well as damsels in distress. He is kind of like the Dr. Phil of the community right now! [Laughs]"

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Nicole Walker

A sexy Dr. Phil.

doolcrazy
Member Avatar

Eric has to be a fun one to sit and talk with. I enjoy his interviews. Thanks.

mirabella

Thanks for the interview. I love Eric. He is such a nice guy and so funny! It is funny that even he knows he is the Dr. Phil of Salem. lol....

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Thanks for posting. I absolutely love Eric M. Here's hoping they'll give him a storyline worthy of both his talent...and his hotness. ;)

aimees76
Member Avatar

:wub: Awesomeness.

FanODays

I really wish Eric's Brady had a story line with John Black because I look at this guy and see John in so many ways. Lowder is a good actor and created the emotional bond with John but Eric's Brady is John Black's son in looks and attitude-plus he's not breaking out into song!

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

FanODays
Jul 17 2009, 10:57 AM
plus he's not breaking out into song!
give it time. EM is a singer and has CDs. I dont think they'll have Broe belting out opera diddys, I dont think that's Erics schtick but I wont be surprised if there is some singing later on.

littlemony
Member Avatar
Queen of the Underground

He is so hot. I would love to see him with John, too. I hope Jarlena return someday.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

I always smile whenever E does an interview,he's so funny and honest,far as I'm concerned the more shirtless the better,lol.

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

SocRMum1
Jul 17 2009, 10:12 AM
Thanks for posting. I absolutely love Eric M. Here's hoping they'll give him a storyline worthy of both his talent...and his hotness. ;)
I second that!

lastDays
Member Avatar

Eric is one of the few men in Salem I really like.hes such a cutie and seems like a great guy.I love brady and hope he gets a story.It must be boring to be Salem's Dr. Phil. About EM introducing his wife to the actresses he plays opposite :this is a great idea.It makes the wife of an actor feel more at ease. SC has done this with his wife,as well :applause:

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

I wish Brady had a story too. A good one. Melanie unnecessarily and annoyingly matchmaking for him with a woman who, while I would like to give them a chance, he has had virtually no meaningful interaction with, does not a story make. Too bad the Kiriakis-DiMera feud went nowhere and ended so stupidly, since that would have been a great opportunity for Brady, as the one with blood ties to both families.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply