Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
'Futurama' Recasts Sagal, DiMaggio, West & Others
Topic Started: Jul 22 2009, 03:18 AM (863 Views)
Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

'Futurama' getting new voices for Fry, Leela, Bender, and others
Jul 17, 2009, 03:17 PM | by Margaret Lyons

Just when I was getting really excited for the revived Futurama, total bummer news emerges: The voice actors are going to be different. Who's going to Zoid my Zoidberg?

Twentieth Century Fox, which is still producing the series even though new episodes will air on Comedy Central, is recasting the major voice roles for the show. That means no more Billy West (Fry, Professor, and Ziodberg), Katey Sagal (Leela), John DiMaggio (Bender), Maurice LaMarche (Kif Kroker, among others), or Tress MacNeil (Mom, and several others). Worst!

Fox released a statement saying "We love the Futurama voice performers and absolutely wanted to use them, but unfortunately, we could not meet their salary demands. While replacing these talented actors will be difficult, the show must go on. We are confident that we will find terrific new performers to give voice to Matt and David's brilliantly subversive characters."

Is it still Futurama with totally different voices, PopWatchers, or can this news bite your shiny metal -- well, you know.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

I'm out.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Drew
Jul 22 2009, 08:36 AM
I'm out.
Same here.
Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

This is going to be a disaster.

Would The Simpsons get new voices for Homer, Marge, Bart and Lisa? Hell no. They should just not even do the show now.

Count me out, as well.

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

Well, they moved to cable station with a smaller budget....and this isn't the Simpsons.

Mason
Member Avatar

Not my problem, LoL.

MichaelGL
Member Avatar
Sexy Jew

Epic fail.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

This news definitely bites my shiny metal ass.

lene
Member Avatar

:(((((

Scott
Member Avatar

This sucks! I'll probably give it one shot, but I can't guarantee I'll continue to watch, it just won't be the same.

KMan101
Member Avatar

Booooo!

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Cant imagine different voices but I still will check it out.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Sorry, guys, but while I agree that the news sucks, BLAME SAGAL and the others! Were THEY not GREEDY--hey, a paycheck is a paycheck, and cable pay is still better than that for a lot of 'regular' folk!--the show might have had a chance. Send your complaints, please, to Sagal and company for RUINING "Futurama."
Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

JERSoapsFan
Aug 27 2009, 05:03 AM
Sorry, guys, but while I agree that the news sucks, BLAME SAGAL and the others! Were THEY not GREEDY--hey, a paycheck is a paycheck, and cable pay is still better than that for a lot of 'regular' folk!--the show might have had a chance. Send your complaints, please, to Sagal and company for RUINING "Futurama."
LoL, clearly you haven't read the update. :P

They've all agreed to come back since this first piece of news came out. :)

Shylock

And even if they didn't agree to come back, that's their own business. A paycheck may be a paycheck, but they're probably all busy in some way. So they can choose what they want to do and for how much they feel they should be paid for it.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Mason
Aug 27 2009, 10:08 AM
JERSoapsFan
Aug 27 2009, 05:03 AM
LoL, clearly you haven't read the update. :P

They've all agreed to come back since this first piece of news came out. :)
Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear they did the right thing.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Shylock
Aug 28 2009, 11:48 AM
And even if they didn't agree to come back, that's their own business. A paycheck may be a paycheck, but they're probably all busy in some way. So they can choose what they want to do and for how much they feel they should be paid for it.
I disagree.When you have an institution like "The Simpsons"--which, to Fut's fans, that's what it is, an institution--sometimes you have to 'take one for the team.' We were only informed that the cast had money concerns--that was all. Forgive me, but I saw no information about their being 'busy' or having concerns other than that of money. With that in mind, I maintain that it would have been greedy for them to sabotage an institution, knowing their fans wouldn't settle for a watered down version.
Quote Post Goto Top

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

JERSoapsFan
Aug 29 2009, 03:17 AM
Shylock
Aug 28 2009, 11:48 AM
I disagree.When you have an institution like "The Simpsons"--which, to Fut's fans, that's what it is, an institution--sometimes you have to 'take one for the team.' We were only informed that the cast had money concerns--that was all. Forgive me, but I saw no information about their being 'busy' or having concerns other than that of money. With that in mind, I maintain that it would have been greedy for them to sabotage an institution, knowing their fans wouldn't settle for a watered down version.
Katey Sagal is currently starring in FX's 'Sons of Anarchy' as matriarch Gemma Teller Morrow.

You should check it out as she's been getting rave reviews.

Deleted User
Deleted User

I SWEAR I thought that woman looked familiar! Please don't ask me why but I was flipping through the channels and thought the woman looked like Lauren Koslow. I realized it wasn't her and was trying to figure out, "Just who is she?" You nailed it.
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply