Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
TVGC: Galen Gering discusses Days and James E. Reilly; Also: Why Passions failed
Topic Started: Jul 22 2009, 02:15 PM (4,592 Views)
hunterforrester
Member Avatar

http://tvguide.sympatico.msn.ca/Hero+Worship/Soaps/Features/Articles/090722_galen_gering_NB.htm?isfa=1
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

sungrey

Move over, Bo Brady. Nelson... tsk tsk. Blasphemy!

That said, nice job! Galen's grown on me a bit. I couldn't stand Passions at all so when I heard he was coming over I went "great... a hair model. Just what Days needs". So far he's been all right! It's refreshing to hear that he had some trouble playing Passions' over the top stories.

Kenny
Member Avatar

I agree with pretty much everything he said about Passions, JER and Lindsay Korman.

Very interesting stuff...

lastDays
Member Avatar

Don't care about Rafe. GG seems like a great guy,though

King
Member Avatar

He was pretty blunt about JER and PSNS.

I agree with most of it. The show I loved and obsessed over in the first four years was long gone by the end.

I like him a little better on DAYS. :)

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

I 100% agree about Lindsay Hartley,she was the most talented actress on PASSIONS,maybe she just wants a break now I guess.

angmc
Member Avatar

On what planet is Nelson an EJ/Sami fan? And comparing him to freaking Bo Brady?? What a joke.

Days4Life

Okay, I've not been too fond of Rafe so far (probably because I hated that stupid witness protection storyline that introduced him), but GG comes across as such a nice, honest guy in that interview, I'm going to give the character another chance.

samixxx
Member Avatar

That was a wonderful interview, I enjoyed reading it all. Galen seems to be very open and honest guy. I am looking forward to learning more of Rafe's past. Thanks for posting the link.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Galen sounds like a reasonable person in real life.

I'm still not totally sold on Rafe as a character. Rafe and Sami are growing on me, but when Rafe's in scenes with other characters besides Sami, I'm really not that interested.

I do agree with everything he said about PSNS.
Edited by DrewHamilton, Jul 22 2009, 03:41 PM.

six
Member Avatar

I still don't enjoy Rafe, but GG has always seemed like a nice guy. He's right about Passions.

GG: "That’s the sign of a successful love triangle." Oh lord. Not that it's surprising that we're going there, but i wish the writers would write something else.

Rafe and Bo Brady have no business being mentioned in the same sentence.

mer4santo
Member Avatar

Good interview! GG seems like a good guy and I liked his honesty about Passions. I still don't give a rat's about Rafe and as for him not being 'one note', that is debatable.
Edited by mer4santo, Jul 22 2009, 03:50 PM.

Cupcake06

For me, he is the same as he was on Passions. Only Luis was funny (sometimes).

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

Uh,,no way in hell does BORING ass RAFE compare to Bo Brady.He is not a pimple on Bo Brady's ASS!!Geez...and thanks for what I always thought..good ole Gary Tomlin helped him get his job.I knew it.HE is a horrible actor..sorry he is.I have seen hardly any love for the character,cept at Nbc where all the mods have a hard on for GG..everywhere else ,most think he is the most boring thing on the planet and not needed after our beloved vets got fired..and Drake(John) was a better hero AND actor than this guy Rafe ever could be.He seems like a nice guy,but he is out of his league up against,James Scott,Joe Mascolo and Peter Reckell and Shawn Christian..
Edited by EjsGaGirl, Jul 22 2009, 07:17 PM.

lysie
Member Avatar

I'm kind of mad at him for opening his big mouth about Lindsey now. Because obviously this interview and today's news are connected...

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

I wasn't comparing Bo to Rafe. I was just saying a new hero is in town. And let's face it — Days is missing a few heroes. The show used to have a bunch of heroes on their canvas — John, Patch, Shane, Abe, Roman, etc. Today, there are too many villains on the show. All I said was move over.... as a style choice. It wasn't literal. Yikes — you are guys are literal so I'll be careful with that next time. Sorry! Rafe is a hero — he stood by Sami and Grace unconditionally. I think that's cool in Salem. This is a show where you have to blackmail a woman into having sex. I love that Rafe told Sami: I don't want to marry you yet! I thought that was cool. Are you guys liking Days these, er, Days?
Edited by hunterforrester, Jul 22 2009, 06:31 PM.

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

PS... I did the interview with Galen two weeks ago re: Lindsay. But the timing is weird, I have to say.

Doing my most beautiful list — any suggestions? I'm doing two per show at the least.

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

Sami should have told the babys Father the truth.,.she has no qualms about her SON with Ej living in the house with Stefano..I think what ole Rafe did was cowardly..how would he feel if someone tried to adopt one of his kids away from HIM<without knowlege of it..I watched Monday..with my hubby..he as well as I think Rafe is a boring goober,and we actually laughed outloud,at his performance..and NOT in a good way.Blackmailing for sex,,that was the genius of Hogan Sheffer...thanks alot you hack!So,,if we need heroes,I would have suggested we KEPT John,Steve,Nick and Tony...thats who people want to see..not some model who cannot act..and in the end for me,its ABOUT the acting..I do not like just pretty faces,when James Scott came on I went,oh great another pretty boy,,but boy did he prove me wrong..I want talent..not someone who got their job,cause their old boss is the head cheese now..not buying him,,and I HATE the show right now
Edited by EjsGaGirl, Jul 22 2009, 06:40 PM.

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

I love Stewie!

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

I love Stewie too...I love that crazy show!!!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply