Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
TVGC: Galen Gering discusses Days and James E. Reilly; Also: Why Passions failed
Topic Started: Jul 22 2009, 02:15 PM (4,342 Views)
magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Loved the article on Galen. He is a wonderful actor and he and Sami have great chemistry. Glad to see he likes working on DAYS and can't wait to learn the rest of his back story. Thanks for posting this!!!!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

sungrey

hunterforrester
Jul 22 2009, 06:29 PM
I wasn't comparing Bo to Rafe. I was just saying a new hero is in town. And let's face it — Days is missing a few heroes. The show used to have a bunch of heroes on their canvas — John, Patch, Shane, Abe, Roman, etc. Today, there are too many villains on the show. All I said was move over.... as a style choice. It wasn't literal. Yikes — you are guys are literal so I'll be careful with that next time. Sorry! Rafe is a hero — he stood by Sami and Grace unconditionally. I think that's cool in Salem. This is a show where you have to blackmail a woman into having sex. I love that Rafe told Sami: I don't want to marry you yet! I thought that was cool. Are you guys liking Days these, er, Days?
You're seeing just how some Days fans love their, uh, Days. :)

Manda1

hunterforrester
I wasn't comparing Bo to Rafe. I was just saying a new hero is in town. And let's face it — Days is missing a few heroes. The show used to have a bunch of heroes on their canvas — John, Patch, Shane, Abe, Roman, etc. Today, there are too many villains on the show. All I said was move over.... as a style choice. It wasn't literal. Yikes — you are guys are literal so I'll be careful with that next time. Sorry! Rafe is a hero — he stood by Sami and Grace unconditionally. I think that's cool in Salem. This is a show where you have to blackmail a woman into having sex. I love that Rafe told Sami: I don't want to marry you yet! I thought that was cool. Are you guys liking Days these, er, Days?
Don't worry many readers of this article will get what you meant! I totally agree with your post and loved the interview. I agree we needed more younger 'good guys' on the show and Galen is doing just fine in his portrayal of Rafe. And I love how he relates to Sami too. I definitely enjoyed reading this interview and am enjoying the show and of course the 'Safe' romance thank you for sharing. :smile:

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

Manda1
Jul 22 2009, 07:50 PM
hunterforrester
Don't worry many readers of this article will get what you meant! I totally agree with your post and loved the interview. I agree we needed more younger 'good guys' on the show and Galen is doing just fine in his portrayal of Rafe. And I love how he relates to Sami too. I definitely enjoyed reading this interview and am enjoying the show and of course the 'Safe' romance thank you for sharing. :smile:
I got what he meant as well.If you are referring to my post?I do not need you to elaborate for me thanks if you are implying that comment to me.Any comparison of Bo Brady and Rafe, in ANY shape or form is a joke.As for hero ask Hilda about that,,give me a break,I vomit when he comes on my screen.and most Steve and Kayla fans,like myself will disagree,that we waited for 16 years for Steve to return,only to get stabbed in the back..and then whom do we have to look at? Almost constantly?A "actor"who mumbles his way through his script.And Tanna fans,,got the shaft too..Thaao was one of the best actors on the show,and once again Tony was killed off why so Gary Tomlin could make room for his buddy..so no pardon me,if I do not love Rafe.And poor Ali trying to prop GG is not helping either.As for Safe,,its a big fuckin SNORE,at least when Sami was with Lucas,BD was up to the challenge and they had chemistry...

lazydazes
Member Avatar

Quote:

I wasn't comparing Bo to Rafe. I was just saying a new hero is in town. And let's face it — Days is missing a few heroes. The show used to have a bunch of heroes on their canvas — John, Patch, Shane, Abe, Roman, etc. Today, there are too many villains on the show. All I said was move over.... as a style choice. It wasn't literal. Yikes — you are guys are literal so I'll be careful with that next time. Sorry! Rafe is a hero — he stood by Sami and Grace unconditionally. I think that's cool in Salem. This is a show where you have to blackmail a woman into having sex. I love that Rafe told Sami: I don't want to marry you yet! I thought that was cool. Are you guys liking Days these, er, Days?

You are so right. Salem needs a few heroes. Rafe is the closest thing to Bo/John/Steve, etc. He's honest, caring, dependable, and totally hot. It is refreshing to see a hero on the show that doesn't have a horrible past to get by. I was skeptical when GG came on board, but I must admit that he has won me over. He reminds me of the heroes from the 80's who stood by their gal through hellfire and rain. That's one thing that has been lacking in the show for so many years. I am quickly evolving into one of Rafe's biggest chearleader. :cheer:

Manda1

EjsGaGirl
Jul 22 2009, 08:08 PM
Manda1
Jul 22 2009, 07:50 PM
hunterforrester
I got what he meant as well.If you are referring to my post?I do not need you to elaborate for me thanks if you are implying that comment to me.Any comparison of Bo Brady and Rafe, in ANY shape or form is a joke.As for hero ask Hilda about that,,give me a break,I vomit when he comes on my screen.and most Steve and Kayla fans,like myself will disagree,that we waited for 16 years for Steve to return,only to get stabbed in the back..and then whom do we have to look at? Almost constantly?A "actor"who mumbles his way through his script.And Tanna fans,,got the shaft too..Thaao was one of the best actors on the show,and once again Tony was killed off why so Gary Tomlin could make room for his buddy..so no pardon me,if I do not love Rafe.And poor Ali trying to prop GG is not helping either.As for Safe,,its a big fuckin SNORE,at least when Sami was with Lucas,BD was up to the challenge and they had chemistry...
We all have different opinions. You have yours and I have mine....and just like noses everyone has one ..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: And by the way I loved Steve and Kayla too, Jack and Jennifer and Philip and Chloe, never watched Passions and now I love Sami and Rafe! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

lysie
Member Avatar

lazydazes
Jul 22 2009, 08:24 PM
Quote:

I wasn't comparing Bo to Rafe. I was just saying a new hero is in town. And let's face it — Days is missing a few heroes. The show used to have a bunch of heroes on their canvas — John, Patch, Shane, Abe, Roman, etc. Today, there are too many villains on the show. All I said was move over.... as a style choice. It wasn't literal. Yikes — you are guys are literal so I'll be careful with that next time. Sorry! Rafe is a hero — he stood by Sami and Grace unconditionally. I think that's cool in Salem. This is a show where you have to blackmail a woman into having sex. I love that Rafe told Sami: I don't want to marry you yet! I thought that was cool. Are you guys liking Days these, er, Days?

You are so right. Salem needs a few heroes. Rafe is the closest thing to Bo/John/Steve, etc. He's honest, caring, dependable, and totally hot. It is refreshing to see a hero on the show that doesn't have a horrible past to get by. I was skeptical when GG came on board, but I must admit that he has won me over. He reminds me of the heroes from the 80's who stood by their gal through hellfire and rain. That's one thing that has been lacking in the show for so many years. I am quickly evolving into one of Rafe's biggest chearleader. :cheer:
Wait...what? His whole story right now is about his past he's having to get through, and he totally doesn't stand by Sami. He's threatened to leave her more times than I can count until she does what he wants (conditions...).

If he's the new hero, whoever he's supposed to be saving is in some major trouble. Just look at how bad he sucked at protecting Sami and Sydney in the safehouse (bad enough that Sydney was switched).

I am not liking Days these days.

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

lysie
Jul 22 2009, 08:32 PM
lazydazes
Jul 22 2009, 08:24 PM
Quote:

Wait...what? His whole story right now is about his past he's having to get through, and he totally doesn't stand by Sami. He's threatened to leave her more times than I can count until she does what he wants (conditions...).

If he's the new hero, whoever he's supposed to be saving is in some major trouble. Just look at how bad he sucked at protecting Sami and Sydney in the safehouse (bad enough that Sydney was switched).

I am not liking Days these days.
I loathe it.,.and at this point I hope it gets cancelled,,if RAFE is the new hero of DOOL,,its gone for sure,,if Sami does not do what he asks,he threatens to take his peabrain and magical dick and leave town.I certainly do not recall Steve,Bo,John,Shane,doing that..and they were the ultimate hero's of DOOL..
Edited by EjsGaGirl, Jul 22 2009, 08:38 PM.

six
Member Avatar

hunterforrester
This isn't a case of people being too literal-minded to understand. Some of us just don't see Rafe the same way you do. If people see Rafe as carrying on the tradition of some of those past characters, then more power to them, of course, though.

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

EjsGaGirl: I totally respect your opinion! Good for you!

lazydazes
Member Avatar

Quote:

First of all. You need to get your facts straight. I've watched DAYS for over two decades and can tell any viewer about the heroes of old (Bo/Steve/John, etc.). John had more pasts than a leopard has stripes. But he was and will always be a hero. Bo was a bad ass rebel with a helluva temper cruising on his harley. Bo still reigns as one of DAYS greatest heroes. As for Rafe protecting Sami, she was always jeopardizing her safety by sneaking out, hiding Rafe's clothes, etc. So, lay that in Sami's lap. When you compare Rafe to some of the other men on the show, he doesn't have a thing to worry about considering the skeletons jiggling in their closets. I'm sure not going to mention any names on that one. So, if you look at the Salem roster right now, I think he can be heralded as a hero. :wave:

mirabella

Wonderful interview, Nelson. You asked some great questions and he gave some wonderfully frank, honest and when appropriate, witty replies. I am enjoying him on Days and I agree that he is the new hero of Days. I love him with Sami and they make a wonderfully old fashioned romantic couple in the framework of those wonderful couples of the 1980's.

Thank you so much for this interview and for posting it here for us.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

hunterforrester
Jul 22 2009, 08:39 PM
EjsGaGirl: I totally respect your opinion! Good for you!
Thanks! ;)

Alligato
Member Avatar

I'd count Rafe as a hero. He is one of the good guys right now, and hopefully that won't change when this big secret comes out. I agree that Days needs a few heros, and less idiots.

Good interview, Nelson. I'll give Rafe another chance...just for GG and how cool he came off. And I really hope that we aren't getting this triangle that he speaks of. Ugh. Like there should even be a choice with Sami.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Good interview.

It was obviously he hated what he was given on Passions from late 2005 until the end. It just got repetitive and the only time after that he seemed to get energized was early on in the Luis/Fancy romance. After the first few months of that, he fell off acting-wise again.

GG can act. Is he great? No. He doesn't have to be and he seems to know he isn't. If you write to his strengths, he's fine and that is what Days has done pretty much. He just gave up on Passions, like many of the actors did and I can understand why. JER just went all "shock and awe" in those last few years and the show no longer felt planned. It was a mess.

I'm happy that Galen is happy. I love Safe and GG was really good during Grace's death. He didn't have a whole lot to do but with what he did have he did very well IMO.

As for the Lindsey part, I can't believe some seriously think his comments had something to do with it. The Lindsey move happened suddenly and this interview came out today. I doubt he had anything to do with what happened with that issue.

lysie
Member Avatar

lazydazes
Jul 22 2009, 08:42 PM
Quote:

First of all. You need to get your facts straight. I've watched DAYS for over two decades and can tell any viewer about the heroes of old (Bo/Steve/John, etc.). John had more pasts than a leopard has stripes. But he was and will always be a hero. Bo was a bad ass rebel with a helluva temper cruising on his harley. Bo still reigns as one of DAYS greatest heroes. As for Rafe protecting Sami, she was always jeopardizing her safety by sneaking out, hiding Rafe's clothes, etc. So, lay that in Sami's lap. When you compare Rafe to some of the other men on the show, he doesn't have a thing to worry about considering the skeletons jiggling in their closets. I'm sure not going to mention any names on that one. So, if you look at the Salem roster right now, I think he can be heralded as a hero. :wave:
No, I don't need to get any facts straight, and I don't need you to tell me about the heroes of old. But thanks! You said Rafe didn't have a past to work through, and he does. That's the story currently going on right now. I didn't say that the heroes from the past didn't have pasts (that's a weird sentence...). Yeah, Sami was the cause of most, if not all, of the problems in the safehouse. That doesn't change the fact that Rafe didn't do anything heroic. He may have tried, but he wasn't successful. She's only out of the safehouse now because someone else managed to get the killer. If he were a real soap hero, he would have protected her and taken out the killer. I don't know what your description of Bo has to do with anything that I said. Maybe I gave the impression that I think all "heroes" should have a squeaky clean record? I don't know. I was responding to you from the beginning.

lysie
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Jul 22 2009, 11:34 PM
As for the Lindsey part, I can't believe some seriously think his comments had something to do with it. The Lindsey move happened suddenly and this interview came out today. I doubt he had anything to do with what happened with that issue.
Oh, I said that, but I was joking. I thought that would be kind of obvious since clearly his comments in an interview wouldn't influence casting. At least I don't think they would.

Nicole Walker

Great interview. I also view Rafe as a hero and a good guy. We need more of those. He has his flaws but he's a good person at heart. Can't wait to find out his past.

Dr. Chip

So the writing department has complete autonomy at DAYS?

Sure, they do . . . until Ken Corday suddenly wakes up one morning with a wild hair up his butt and manages to erase any gains the show might have made by that point.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Dr. Chip
Jul 23 2009, 12:08 AM
So the writing department has complete autonomy at DAYS?

Sure, they do . . . until Ken Corday suddenly wakes up one morning with a wild hair up his butt and manages to erase any gains the show might have made by that point.
You got it! :hail: .

Gary Tomlin is the reason it hasn't happened yet. He knows how to neutralize him and I hope he continues to.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Jul 23 2009, 12:39 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply