Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS Hires 'Passionate' Lindsay Hartley!
Topic Started: Jul 22 2009, 04:40 PM (14,879 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar

Huge DAYS Casting News!

Soap Opera Digest has learned that Felisha Terrell has been let go and Lindsay Hartley (ex-Theresa, PASSIONS) has been hired to take over the role of Arianna. Hartley reports to work tomorrow. The move reunites Hartley with her former PASSIONS brother Galen Gering (Rafe, ex-Luis) and on-screen love interest Eric Martsolf (Brady; ex-Ethan). See upcoming issues of Digest and Weekly for more.

Posted Image

Source: Soap Opera Digest
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Cupcake06

Wait...is this a joke?

littlemony
Member Avatar
Queen of the Underground

NO FUCKING WAY.

This has got be a joke.

They might as well change the name of the show to "The Rejected Passions of our Lives."

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

What happened? I keep getting an "error" code! OOPS! Never mind! I think this is a smart move by DAYS! She's a talented woman and I thought she'd have been the FIRST to be snatched up out of the PASSIONS cast!
Edited by Grandpa Hughes, Jul 22 2009, 04:46 PM.

Kenny
Member Avatar

This is amazing news, IMO!

Lindsay Hartley is an awesome actress. Fierce! I love her to pieces. I just wish she was playing someone other than Arianna... whoever the hell that is. Isn't she a nobody character?

God. I hope she and Crystal Chappell manage to share scenes somehow, LoL.

Cupcake06

Oh...dear God! It IS real!!

I'm crying! (tears of joy!)

paul89

what!!!! no way!!!!!

littlemony
Member Avatar
Queen of the Underground

I think she's a good actress, and I loved her as Teresa... but it's just too much for me.

sungrey

Oh. Jesus. Christ.

I have about had it with the stunt casting. What did we do to deserve this?

Cupcake06

I LOVE her! Sorry..can't hide my excitement! :cheer:

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

I never watched Passions so I have no clue about Hartley's acting abilities; if she's good, great! But I do feel sorry for Felisha Terrell, who I think did the best she could with a thankless, underwritten role. I already like the character of Arianna and I assume the writers are going to strengthen the Brady/Arianna romance. I guess this is a pre-emptive move to draw some more viewers for that crucial ratings period Corday cited of this September through next March. If she starts taping tomorrow I guess we'll see her sometime in mid to late August.

I wish Felisha well.

Kenny
Member Avatar

LoL @ Lindsay, Galen and Eric all being on Days. It's like Passions all over again.

Thankfully, I actually adore Lindsay, so...

Have Brady and Arianna interacted with each other on the show? If not, expect them to share scenes very soon. The show is totally going to cash in on the popularity of Ethan/Theresa and Lindsay/Eric.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Kenny
Jul 22 2009, 04:51 PM
Have Brady and Arianna interacted with each other on the show?
They've begun a romance (well, you know, what passes for one these Days). Brady kissed her on Monday.

soapfan1

OMG,this is great news.I know alot of people will not like another Passions person on the show but Lindsay was my favorite actress on that show and her and Eric Martsolf have great chemistry.

Mason
Member Avatar

If we have to have Arianna on this show, this is a good move. Felisha Terrell was not a good actress at all, and Lindsay Hartley is awesome.

HOWEVER...

DAYS is NOT, nor should it EVER be, PASSIONS. And I would appreciate it if Tomlin would stop trying to resurrect PASSIONS in DAYS.
Edited by Mason, Jul 22 2009, 04:54 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

sungrey

This is exactly what I'm thinking. Look, I know there are a lot of Passions fans on the board and some people who couldn't stand the show. While I'm sure Lindsay will do all right on Days, those of us who have watched Days for years don't like seeing this show turned into something else. Anyone remember "Teens of our Lives"?

lysie
Member Avatar

This just pisses me off. Have her play someone else. Anyone other than Rafe's sister.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Paxton
I never watched Passions so I have no clue about Hartley's acting abilities; if she's good, great! But I do feel sorry for Felisha Terrell, who I think did the best she could with a thankless, underwritten role. I already like the character of Arianna and I assume the writers are going to strengthen the Brady/Arianna romance. I guess this is a pre-emptive move to draw some more viewers for that crucial ratings period Corday cited of this September through next March. If she starts taping tomorrow I guess we'll see her sometime in mid to late August.

I wish Felisha well.
With the few scenes I had seen of Arianna, I wasn't liking her. But I wasn't disliking her either which is a huge plus when it comes to this show. The reasons for not getting on board was I felt the writing for her was so underdeveloped and very BORING. FT probably could have added a bit animation to the role, but I imagine what the show's set is like, probably sucks the life out of you!

Kenny
Member Avatar

Paxton
I never watched Passions so I have no clue about Hartley's acting abilities
In my opinion, Lindsay is a very good actress. A little hammy, but I think that's what I like about her, LoL. Here are some clips of her in action on Passions...

I just might have to tune back into Days this fall.

Crystal Chappell is back. Lindsay Hartley has joined the cast. Rumors are flying that Louise Sorel is returning. Oy!

wiggleworm
Member Avatar

I FREAKING LOVE THIS!!!

Very exiting news. I loved Theresa and I adore Lindsay. Lindsay coming to Days was only a matter of time.

If Eva Tamargo shows up as mommy, I will faint.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply