Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS Hires 'Passionate' Lindsay Hartley!
Topic Started: Jul 22 2009, 04:40 PM (14,827 Views)
Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

This is AWESOME news......JUST AWESOME news!

Lindsay Hartley is one of the few actors from PASSIONS that was truly talented.

She should have been hired from day one to play Arianna!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Daysfan2202

This actually makes me happy. Thanks for posting this news.

Trish

wanderoze
Member Avatar

Ugh, I hate this actress. So now I'll be hoping that Brady and Arianna don't get together. She always wears so much frosted lipstick, it makes her mouth look moldy. So when does "Timmy" start his role on Days as Gianni/Johnny? Enough with the Passions rejects already.

jeanneshuis
Member Avatar

bring on more passions cast gl and aw santa barbara
this is NOT a new concept soap actors have bounced from soap to soap from the get go

so many have this HATE ON for any one connected to passions can't let them selves even try to like
a certain actor/ actress

i have thou seen some accept galen/eric where at first they did not that is a great sign lindsay has a huge fan base that now will be watching days where they were not before i do feel bad for felisha hope another soap grabs her
i am also happy they hired lindsay

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

wanderoze
Jul 29 2009, 10:44 AM
So when does "Timmy" start his role on Days as Gianni/Johnny? Enough with the Passions rejects already.
Never since the actor playing him died around the same time Timmy died on Passions.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

sungrey

I think Mitch summed it up perfectly... there were so few talented cast on Passions, but I'll chalk that up to the writing more than anything. I'm not crazy about this move, but I'll give Lindsay a shot just like I did Galen and Eric.

desertgal

jeanneshuis
Jul 29 2009, 05:25 PM
bring on more passions cast gl and aw santa barbara
this is NOT a new concept soap actors have bounced from soap to soap from the get go

so many have this HATE ON for any one connected to passions can't let them selves even try to like
a certain actor/ actress

i have thou seen some accept galen/eric where at first they did not that is a great sign lindsay has a huge fan base that now will be watching days where they were not before i do feel bad for felisha hope another soap grabs her
i am also happy they hired lindsay

I agree. I would love to see more of the actors from Passions come to Days. They were fine actors; it was the writing that was so horrid.

Jeanne is correct, soap actors jump from soap to soap all the time. After all it is their job and they have to support their families.

I think we need to give them all a chance. I love the fact that they brought on especially Galen and Eric. I am sure Lindsay will do well in the role of Arianna as well.

Mason
Member Avatar

desertgal
Jul 29 2009, 07:15 PM
I would love to see more of the actors from Passions come to Days. They were fine actors
Some of them were. Most were not.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Mason
Jul 29 2009, 07:17 PM
desertgal
Jul 29 2009, 07:15 PM
I would love to see more of the actors from Passions come to Days. They were fine actors
Some of them were. Most were not.
Exactly

Galen is one of them that was fine to look at but when it comes to acting he's really lacking. Of course a lot of the "actors" on Passions were former models, and JER seemed to think as long as the characters had pretty faces that the viewers would accept them. I watched for Passions for most of it's run until the Vincent shit got really bad, so it's not a case of someone trashing a show they barely watched.

I have no problem with talented Passions actors like EM and LH getting jobs on other soaps including Days. I will gladly admit that I still have a problem with Galen because his "acting" sucks for the most part just like it did on Passions.

littlemony
Member Avatar
Queen of the Underground

It's not the actors that people are upset with... it's the parts on Days written for said actors.

Mason
Member Avatar

littlemony
Jul 29 2009, 09:29 PM
It's not the actors that people are upset with... it's the parts on Days written for said actors.
For me, it's both.

littlemony
Member Avatar
Queen of the Underground

Mason
Jul 29 2009, 09:32 PM
littlemony
For me, it's both.
I'm ok with EM and LH, but never realized what a poor actor GG was until he started on Days. I hate their storylines and charactors.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

From Molly Burnett's twitter:

Posted Image

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^aww...they look so cute and so happy!

Lindsay looks great!

Kenny
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Cupcake06

Thanks for those pictures. :wub:

aurionna12
Member Avatar

SOOOO glad that Lindsay is coming back to the screen, i'm a longtime passions fan and she was the BEST actress on that show, she's also my fave. soap actress of all time so i can't wait to see her as Arianna Hernandez and with Eric as Brady and their together, its like their bringing Ethan and Theresa back i'm so excited to watch Days again i used to watch it all the time but i just stopped but now i will watch again!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kenny
Jul 30 2009, 03:42 PM
Love it! The chemistry is still there between all three.

Lindsay also rocks the Brady Pub waitress uniform. I liked Felisha but Lindsay just has a presence about her.

Daysfan2202

Angie79
Jul 30 2009, 02:54 PM
From Molly Burnett's twitter:

Posted Image
Aww they look so happy together. Thanks for posting.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

littlemony
exactly. i don't mind that they hired LH. i do mind that she is playing GG's sister and EM's love interest again, though. i'm sorry, but it's lazy, and it gives me little confidence that the people in charge of these things give a flying flip about anything but suckering in a few more viewers from a cancelled soap opera. had they scrapped the arianna character altogether and cast lindsay as someone else, i would be singing a different tune.
i guess another reason i am so upset is because when passions was first cancelled, i wanted lindsay brought on. i would have loved to see her interact with characters like philip or ej or even lucas. but now she's been cast as one of the most isolated women on the show. i really do not relish seeing her stuck in scenes with only her former passions castmates.
Edited by luvpumpkns, Jul 31 2009, 07:33 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply