Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS Hires 'Passionate' Lindsay Hartley!
Topic Started: Jul 22 2009, 04:40 PM (14,644 Views)
Sindacco
Member Avatar

Kenny
Jul 30 2009, 03:42 PM
I didn't know that Passions used to borrow the Brady Pub set :P
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

littlemony
Member Avatar
Queen of the Underground

luvpumpkns
Jul 31 2009, 07:29 AM
littlemony
Jul 29 2009, 09:29 PM
It's not the actors that people are upset with... it's the parts on Days written for said actors.
exactly. i don't mind that they hired LH. i do mind that she is playing GG's sister and EM's love interest again, though. i'm sorry, but it's lazy, and it gives me little confidence that the people in charge of these things give a flying flip about anything but suckering in a few more viewers from a cancelled soap opera. had they scrapped the arianna character altogether and cast lindsay as someone else, i would be singing a different tune.
i guess another reason i am so upset is because when passions was first cancelled, i wanted lindsay brought on. i would have loved to see her interact with characters like philip or ej or even lucas. but now she's been cast as one of the most isolated women on the show. i really do not relish seeing her stuck in scenes with only her former passions castmates.
I would LOVE to see her in scenes with EJ, to be the next Dimera Queen. I think they'd be fabulous together.

They should def write her in working for the Dimeras somehow. She would play that amazingly.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I wouldn't worry too much about character isolation. Don't they love mix-and-match nowadays?

AlmostRosey
Member Avatar

Posted Image
Just because this pic is so funny .... this was taken years ago....
If we only knew......
Edited by AlmostRosey, Aug 1 2009, 11:51 AM.

littlemony
Member Avatar
Queen of the Underground

^^ OMG!

Who's the guy in the background?

Whenever I see Matt Cedeno I want some El Pollo Loco.

Manny
Member Avatar

When is her first airdate? I am actually interested in seeing how she does for some reason..

ges
Member Avatar

Rafe was o.k. in the safehouse as an F.B.I. agent. But he is so freaking boring as a love interest. Now they are trying to spice him up by having a mysterious past. He will still be as boring as shit. I don't care about Adrianna, Meredith, or whatever. All this crap is brought in to try and make him interesting and he is not. And by the way, who is dressing Sammi in scraps left over from American Apparel and no make up? She is still beautiful, but she deserves to look nice, too. As usual, Higley is going in all the wrong storyline directions. I'm sure she is sitting in her office trying to dream up the next big "event" Or was this chloe thing meant to be an event? I'm not sure. Earth to Higley, never has anything been more anti-climatic than Lucas' confrontation with Daniel in the cell. Please go to rehab and let someone take over the show from you. You are killing it.

soapfan
Member Avatar

I would have rather seen Lindsay in another role on the show. I didn't care for Arianna so I doubt that I will like her with Lindsay playing the character.

mjandhaley

does anyone know when she will start the role?

evilD
Member Avatar

It's said that Felisha Terrell's last airdate is August 25th, so I would assume that she would appear pretty much right after during the same week, unless they focus on other characters and makes her appear the week of August 31st.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

mjandhaley
Aug 14 2009, 03:37 PM
Her first airdate is August 26th.

Daysfan2202

BalscoFan5
Aug 15 2009, 09:11 AM
mjandhaley
Aug 14 2009, 03:37 PM
Her first airdate is August 26th.
Yay her first airdate is on my birthday. Thanks for the info.

Deleted User
Deleted User

NO FUCKING WAY!!! I KNEW I'd find SOMETHING huge if I came back and checked in. Shit, I cannot WAIT to read this thread. Fuck, I might buy a goddamn dvr -- still haven't gotten around to that, lol -- to see my girl in DAYTIME, where she BELONGS agaiin!!!!! FUCK YES! FUCK YES!
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Ellie
Jul 22 2009, 05:39 PM
lysie
Jul 22 2009, 05:37 PM
They're recreating an inferior show on a show that already sucks.
PERFECTLY stated.
Not really ; "Passioins," in its heyday, was slow, but LIGHT YEARS more entertaining than Days. And yes, I love both. Ratings, as we should know by now, mean nothing in daytime. "passions" also was was the best reviewed soap for a couple of years there. IT just wasn't everyone's cup of tea.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Mason
Jul 22 2009, 05:51 PM
jane1978
Jul 22 2009, 05:49 PM
Ellie
Jul 22 2009, 05:39 PM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
Seriously, this is total nonsense. Nobody is trying to recreate Passions. They hired popular actors from the show, but the actors are playing DAYS characters with DAYS storylines. Hire actors who were once popular as couple and trying to recreate their magic on another show is a typical producer move. Nothing new or unusual here.
It's not just about the actors. Ever since Tomlin came aboard, so many things about this show - the production values, the dialogue, the storylines (psychic visions and poison apples, anyone?) - have been very PASSIONS-esque.
Sorry, that doesn't sound like something "Passions" created--"Days" did that stuff long before "Passions" hit NBC! In fact, JER got the "Passions" deal because of those very kinds of plots on "DAYS"! lol
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

EjsGaGirl
Jul 22 2009, 05:59 PM
Well I am not surprised...what surprised me more,was they did not hire her in the beginning.I have nothing against LH..at all..she IS a good actress,but I hate what Gary Tomlin has done to this show,,Passions failed,TWICE.If he is trying to recreate it,it will fail againIPassions was a JOKE.A big one.Its clear that we are in for a Brady/Arianna/Nicole triangle when Ari comes back.I doubt tho,I will still be watching..its bad enough,Jarlena,Payla,Tanna,,and Nick got the boot..and for what?I feel really terrible for Felisha....however I DO think Arianna is a boring character,and I do not see how LH can salvage it
Sorry, nine years AIN'T failure.
Quote Post Goto Top

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

JERSoapsFan
Aug 19 2009, 04:29 AM
Mason
Jul 22 2009, 05:51 PM
jane1978
Jul 22 2009, 05:49 PM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
It's not just about the actors. Ever since Tomlin came aboard, so many things about this show - the production values, the dialogue, the storylines (psychic visions and poison apples, anyone?) - have been very PASSIONS-esque.
Sorry, that doesn't sound like something "Passions" created--"Days" did that stuff long before "Passions" hit NBC! In fact, JER got the "Passions" deal because of those very kinds of plots on "DAYS"! lol
Yep,thats very true.

Beth
Member Avatar

I love Lindsey and Eric together. I can't wait and I will definitely have to stop fast forwarding through the Brady/Arianna scenes now.

Ellie

Manny
Aug 2 2009, 08:01 AM
When is her first airdate? I am actually interested in seeing how she does for some reason..
According to this week's SOD, she airs first on August 28th.

shawndbrady1981

:cheers:

i think everyone needs to stop complaining about passions and storylines that we havent even seen yet..why cant we just wait to see what happens before picking it all apart..for the most part this is a good move..it should have been done in the first place..i personally cant wait until the scenes where sami and arianna get into it should be very dramatic. there are alot of hardcore passions that are pleased about this and miss the s how and thats why this was done to bring fans from passions over..however these were the stand out stars of the show..this is always done in soaps..how many general hospital stars are over on as the world turns now nobody cares about that..when a soap goes off the air the actors move it doesnt mean theyre turning it into passions and please remember that days did the whole excorcism, and tranformation into princess gina, the virtual eden fantasy sequence, they did alot of supernatural/mythological stuff before passions did..days is just a bit more realistically explained.. I STILL SAY SCORE FOR DAYS.... :dance:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply