Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS Hires 'Passionate' Lindsay Hartley!
Topic Started: Jul 22 2009, 04:40 PM (14,725 Views)
ntsh69

Lindsey is a great actress. She is beautiful, and NOBODY cries like she does. Felisha never did it for me. She is bland to say the least. I love the fact that they brought Eric and Lindsey over...Galen I could do without, although I do think his acting has improved since his time on Passions. I always thought he could use some lessons. Just because they came from Passions does not mean they are trying to turn Days into Passions. These are attractive talented actors who deserved to be on another show. Days was lucky enough to get them.. People are always complaining about the storylines, but the minute they try to "spice things up", those same people complain. Make up your minds people!!! I think they should ditch Lexie. What hospital would ever hire her to be a Dr. after what she pulled with Zac??? Only in Salem
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

sungrey

JERSoapsFan
Aug 19 2009, 04:30 AM
EjsGaGirl
Jul 22 2009, 05:59 PM
Well I am not surprised...what surprised me more,was they did not hire her in the beginning.I have nothing against LH..at all..she IS a good actress,but I hate what Gary Tomlin has done to this show,,Passions failed,TWICE.If he is trying to recreate it,it will fail againIPassions was a JOKE.A big one.Its clear that we are in for a Brady/Arianna/Nicole triangle when Ari comes back.I doubt tho,I will still be watching..its bad enough,Jarlena,Payla,Tanna,,and Nick got the boot..and for what?I feel really terrible for Felisha....however I DO think Arianna is a boring character,and I do not see how LH can salvage it
Sorry, nine years AIN'T failure.
Nine years ain't failure, but it ain't 35. ;)

Deleted User
Deleted User

sungrey
Aug 21 2009, 02:06 AM
JERSoapsFan
Aug 19 2009, 04:30 AM
EjsGaGirl
Jul 22 2009, 05:59 PM
Well I am not surprised...what surprised me more,was they did not hire her in the beginning.I have nothing against LH..at all..she IS a good actress,but I hate what Gary Tomlin has done to this show,,Passions failed,TWICE.If he is trying to recreate it,it will fail againIPassions was a JOKE.A big one.Its clear that we are in for a Brady/Arianna/Nicole triangle when Ari comes back.I doubt tho,I will still be watching..its bad enough,Jarlena,Payla,Tanna,,and Nick got the boot..and for what?I feel really terrible for Felisha....however I DO think Arianna is a boring character,and I do not see how LH can salvage it
Sorry, nine years AIN'T failure.
Nine years ain't failure, but it ain't 35. ;)
You're right. It's not 35--and yet it's the same amount that "Seinfeld" got. ;) ;)
Quote Post Goto Top

sungrey

A good point, JER. :)

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

last time i checked, seinfeld was wildly popular. at the time of its season finale, it got the highest ratings of any show ever. passions on the other hand was so shitty that it got moved to a special channel on direct TV in lieu of cancellation, and they eventually had to give it up because no one was watching.

so let's not compare one of the greatest television shows of all time to passions. there is no comparison, period. i liked passions, but GMAB. jer and larry david aren't even in the same ballpark when it comes to talented writing.
Edited by luvpumpkns, Aug 22 2009, 08:12 AM.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

luvpumpkns
Aug 22 2009, 08:09 AM
last time i checked, seinfeld was wildly popular. at the time of its season finale, it got the highest ratings of any show ever. passions on the other hand was so shitty that it got moved to a special channel on direct TV in lieu of cancellation, and they eventually had to give it up because no one was watching.

so let's not compare one of the greatest television shows of all time to passions. there is no comparison, period. i liked passions, but GMAB. jer and larry david aren't even in the same ballpark when it comes to talented writing.
It got moved because for god knows what reason the stupid TODAY SHOW thinks they needed 4 hours of news,Eric Martsolf said it himself PASSIONS was taken from NBC because of the TODAY SHOW and he hates the TODAY SHOW,I hate it before that,but I really hated it after.When PASSIONS was on DIRECTV it was the most watched show,the cast said that the show was axed because Reilly made it so whacko after months of being on and DIRECTV didn't realize how expensive it was to have,with the magic special affects alone cost more than 1,000 to do.But with Reilly passing away last year PASSIONS would have ended anyways.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

hey, i hate the today show, too, but the reason why passions was axed for a fourth hour was simple...advertisers pay more money for better ratings, and a fourth hour of the today show gets better ratings than passions does. it's just a financial question.

shawndbrady1981

passions isnt a failure it was on for almost a decade..it was good enough to get renewed after cancellation, something guiding light wasnt able to do after 72 years, as well as other soaps..it lasted longer than sunset beach, and port charles, and i believe even the city...If passions was such a failure why is eveyone still talking about it..i mean this is really beginning to agitate me..no ones ever satisfied...first its why didnt lindsay get hired in the first place and why isnt she working and then when she does people complain..this is the business actors jump ship..its not that tomlin is recreating passions or else tabitha would be on doing spells..days did a realistical myth/supernatural theme long before passions anyways..lindsay , eric , and galen were unemployed so they got hired by days which is passions sister soap being on the same network..thats how it goes honestly can we get past this and just wait to see how the scenes play out! so much negative feedback is gonna end up getting days cancelled and lindsay fired..then we will still be complaining

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

shawndbrady1981
Aug 22 2009, 01:03 PM
passions isnt a failure it was on for almost a decade..it was good enough to get renewed after cancellation, something guiding light wasnt able to do after 72 years, as well as other soaps..it lasted longer than sunset beach, and port charles, and i believe even the city...If passions was such a failure why is eveyone still talking about it..i mean this is really beginning to agitate me..no ones ever satisfied...first its why didnt lindsay get hired in the first place and why isnt she working and then when she does people complain..this is the business actors jump ship..its not that tomlin is recreating passions or else tabitha would be on doing spells..days did a realistical myth/supernatural theme long before passions anyways..lindsay , eric , and galen were unemployed so they got hired by days which is passions sister soap being on the same network..thats how it goes honestly can we get past this and just wait to see how the scenes play out! so much negative feedback is gonna end up getting days cancelled and lindsay fired..then we will still be complaining
Exactly,I mean Marlena was floating over her bed long before PASSIONS came along.

Deleted User
Deleted User

luvpumpkns
Aug 22 2009, 08:09 AM

luv, I'm not trying to compare writing styles. Success isn't measured, frankly, by product. It's longevity and bottom line. If the show met its bottom line for nine years, I don't sneeze at that.

FYI: TV Guide named JER in 2001 one of TV's MVPs. The only daytime writer among David E. Kelley and others. So, maybe not Larry david, but.... :D
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply