Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS Hires 'Passionate' Lindsay Hartley!
Topic Started: Jul 22 2009, 04:40 PM (14,945 Views)
Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Ellie
Jul 22 2009, 05:11 PM
Halloween Family
Jul 22 2009, 05:09 PM
I'm afraid the transformation to Passions has already begun even before introducing LH.
It began when Gary Tomlin was hired.

Yes, it started with all those red herrings leading to no where and saying stupid stuff like Nicole is always saying "I lost a daughter too". Also, I think I read a spoiler where Nicole confesses everything to Chloe while she's in a coma--I believe Gwen confessed about outing him to the tabloids while Ethan was in a coma. I'm waiting for Sami to get the "feeling" Sydney is hers and for Rafe not to believe her like Luis/Sheridan/Beth. Well, dont expect the men to have any brains now (not that they were Einsteins but they'll probablly start drooling now) and more shirtless scenes.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Angie79
Jul 22 2009, 05:23 PM
Wow! I wonder why Felisha was let go?
I'm pretty sure it was just so they could hire Lindsey.

Really...I'm trying to remember a casting decision that has pissed me off more. And I don't even care about the character. I feel like they're trying to mock all of us for not saving Passions by recreating it on Days.

Kenny
Member Avatar

lysie
Jul 22 2009, 05:29 PM
Really...I'm trying to remember a casting decision that has pissed me off more. And I don't even care about the character. I feel like they're trying to mock all of us for not saving Passions by recreating it on Days.
I'd probably be annoyed too if this were anyone but Lindsay. She's one of my favorite soap actresses ever. So melodramatic! The girl can turn on the waterworks easier than anyone. For years, she was the only redeeming quality about Passions at all, so it's nice to see her working again.

Here's a clip of her at her most melodramatic, LoL.

lysie
Member Avatar

Kenny
Jul 22 2009, 05:33 PM
lysie
Jul 22 2009, 05:29 PM
I'd probably be annoyed too if this were anyone but Lindsay. She's one of my favorite soap actresses ever. So melodramatic! The girl can turn on the waterworks easier than anyone. For years, she was the only redeeming quality about Passions at all, so it's nice to see her working again.

Here's a clip of her at her most melodramatic, LoL.

LOL. I don't care if she's Meryl Streep. She's playing the exact same role she had before! The role she had on a show that was at the bottom of the ratings the entire time it was on air. They're recreating an inferior show on a show that already sucks. Recreate something better, not worse!

Cupcake06

Thanks for posting that short CSI clip, Kenny! Those were an amazing few seconds! LOL! :wub:

Mason
Member Avatar

They shouldn't be trying to recreate anything. Just give me Days of Our Lives. That's all I want.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

lysie
Jul 22 2009, 05:37 PM
LOL. I don't care if she's Meryl Streep. She's playing the exact same role she had before!
I do! Days needs all the talent it can get. If they're going to have Arianna on the canvas regardless, why not hire a better actress to play her?

Ellie

lysie
They're recreating an inferior show on a show that already sucks.
PERFECTLY stated.

jane1978

sungrey
Jul 22 2009, 04:56 PM
This is exactly what I'm thinking. Look, I know there are a lot of Passions fans on the board and some people who couldn't stand the show. While I'm sure Lindsay will do all right on Days, those of us who have watched Days for years don't like seeing this show turned into something else. Anyone remember "Teens of our Lives"?
First, Im really sorry for Felisha Terrel. She was caught in a dificult situation because she was supposed to be a love interest for Max and replace Chelsea. Unfortunatelly, she had never much chemistry with EM and all those stupid contrived meetings and bumping into each other didnt help.

On the other side, I dont understand how this changes the show into Passions any way. I never watched the show but from all I heard EM and LH were very popular couple and Im sure if they knew Arianna will be paired with Brady from beginning she would be first to offer the part. Lets not forget they had to postpone all original plans for the post babyswitch story because AZ is pregnant and will be off the show for a while. That means Arianna and Brady will be much more serious and longterm couple than they first thought.

Anyway, it again shows Tomlin can be very cruel as producer, because Im sure he never said FT anything till today while actively working on the deal with LH at the same time. Poor Felisha has to feel terrible right now. But, it will help the show. EM has more chemistry with MB in the scenes which are not written as romantic at all than with FT no matter how much the writers try. And it will help EM as well, because Im sure now they will want really mine the popularity of him and LH on the screen together again.

So, good move.

Mason
Member Avatar

Kenny
Jul 22 2009, 05:39 PM
lysie
LOL. I don't care if she's Meryl Streep. She's playing the exact same role she had before!
I do! Days needs all the talent it can get. If they're going to have Arianna on the canvas regardless, why not hire a better actress to play her?
Unless they suddenly decide to make the character interesting, Hartley's talent will just go to waste, anyway. Arianna is B-O-R-I-N-G.

Though, I do agree, that if we MUST have Arianna on the show, Hartley is definitely preferable to Terrell.
Edited by Mason, Jul 22 2009, 05:41 PM.

Cupcake06

I do feel bad for the girl, Felisha. But I hope Lindsay can make this character interesting.

Kenny
Member Avatar

I understand all the frustration over Days trying to "re-create" Passions. Believe me, I've been frustrated with Days for what seems like an eternity now. However, if they're absolutely determined to bring on the Passions refugees, I'm glad they've hired Lindsay rather than, say... Horseface Huber.

Paul8148

I'm telling you Ben Master's is going to be EJ former College Professor.

jane1978

Ellie
lysie
PERFECTLY stated.
Seriously, this is total nonsense. Nobody is trying to recreate Passions. They hired popular actors from the show, but the actors are playing DAYS characters with DAYS storylines. Hire actors who were once popular as couple and trying to recreate their magic on another show is a typical producer move. Nothing new or unusual here.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Kenny
Jul 22 2009, 05:43 PM
However, if they're absolutely determined to bring on the Passions refugees, I'm glad they've hired Lindsay rather than, say... Horseface Huber.
Kenneth!

:roflol:

Mason
Member Avatar

jane1978
Jul 22 2009, 05:49 PM
Ellie
lysie
PERFECTLY stated.
Seriously, this is total nonsense. Nobody is trying to recreate Passions. They hired popular actors from the show, but the actors are playing DAYS characters with DAYS storylines. Hire actors who were once popular as couple and trying to recreate their magic on another show is a typical producer move. Nothing new or unusual here.
It's not just about the actors. Ever since Tomlin came aboard, so many things about this show - the production values, the dialogue, the storylines (psychic visions and poison apples, anyone?) - have been very PASSIONS-esque.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Paul8148
Jul 22 2009, 05:47 PM
I'm telling you Ben Master's is going to be EJ former College Professor.
Ben Masters as a new love interest for Kate maybe? :run:

zippy

jane1978
Jul 22 2009, 05:49 PM
Ellie
lysie
PERFECTLY stated.
The problem all they seem to do is hire former passions stars. Its the same thing that happened on OLTL several years ago when it was invaded by former Another world actors the show is starting to look like Passions Lite.

If all the Passions actors were so good Passions would still be on the air.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Okay. On one hand I'm happy that Hartley finally has a job after PSNS and I'm not even that upset that it's on DAYS. However, was it really necessary to let Terrell go? I thought she did a fine job as Arianna. She didn't really have an ounce of chemistry with Martsolf's Brady, but I liked her brother and sister chemistry she had with Gering. I'm hoping this was a mutual agreement between the show and Terrell, and this isn't just the show trying to bank on Harltey's past with Gering and Martsolf on PSNS.

mandy

Molly Burnett said this on Twitter earlier today: "The Hollywood game is a dangerous thing. Get your heart off your sleeve or you'll be eaten alive." I wondered what she meant by that. Now I know. I feel sorry for FT. This show is becoming so unrecognizeable to me now.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply