Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW:Rafe's Secret Past Revealed; August 4th issue
Topic Started: Jul 22 2009, 10:10 PM (3,972 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Please Link to DR.

Rafe fesses up to Sami about his fiancee Emily's tragic death this week.

"Rafe knows he has to tell Sami something, so she'll let it go," says Galen. "But he can't tell her everything."

The revelation is set in motion when Sami returns home from grilling Emily's sister, Meredith for information. Rafe knows that Sami is hiding something and that she has been trying to find out what happened. He confronts her and they get into it. Sami points out that she knows nothing about him. She tells him her life story and tells Rafe it is his turn.

Rafe decides to come clean about Emily. Sami is the first woman he has been in a relationship with since Emily's accident, so it's the first time he has to deal with talking about what happened. "He gives Sami what he hopes will be enough to quell her desire for information and appease her." He explains that on they day he and Emily were supposed to be married, he crashed their car and she was killed. "It's not something he likes to talk about. It's too difficult," points out GG. "That's why Rafe locked it away." He tells Sami he had nightmares after the accident and that he blames himself for it.

Rafe then leaves to clear his head. There is still emotional baggage there and reasons he can't tell Sami certain things. It's pretty heavy.

Later, they reconcile. Sami reveals she met with Emily's sister, which is unsettling to Rafe. "It's like the past is coming back to haunt him," says GG. "What the hell is Meredith doing back in town? She had supposedly moved away. It doesn't make any sense."

Rafe tracks Meredith down and it's a tense situation. They haven't really spoken since Emily's funeral. Meredith believes that Emily's death is Rafe's fault; that he killed her. Rafe tries to explain that it was an accident and that he is sorry for what happened. He says he understands why she would hate him.

However, Rafe won't tolerate Meredith trying to mess with his new life with Sami. "As horrible as Rafe feels about having lost Emily, at a certain point, life goes on," says GG. Emily would want him to live his life and move on. He tells Meredith that he's not going to feel guilty for being with Sami and he won't let her ruin it.

Later, Rafe tells Sami he went to see Meredith and admits that the does still feel guilty for causing Emily's death. Sami tells him to hold onto Emily in his heart, but move on. They make love. "Rafe realizes life is short. He loves Sami and wants to be with her, " notes GG.

Yet he's still troubled about his past and how it might affect his future with Sami. "There's definitely more to the story of Emily's death, and he knows Sami is not one to let things go," points out GG. "Plus, Meredith is in town and she's a loose cannon. So things are going to get complicated."

To make matters worse, Rafe doesn't know that Stefano is the one who brought Meredith to Salem is is pushing her to tell Sami that Rafe killed Emily.....

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

So Rafe's fiancee died in a car crash on their wedding day? THAT's his big, deep, dark secret? YAWN!

I'm sure Meredith will be yet another villain of the week...
Edited by Mason, Jul 22 2009, 10:17 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

I'm slightly curious about how Sami tells her life story. Not curious enough to watch.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

I'm clinging to the .01% chance that whatever the "more to the story" is, will not bore me senseless. I don't mind the concept of Sami and Rafe, as it's actually the most tolerable of any of Sami's pairings for me, but so far I'm really having a hard time getting interested in this secret. I guess because I don't like Sami so I don't care if she's heartbroken or worried or suspicious or in love or alive.

Thanks for posting, Angie!

Paxton
Member Avatar

lysie
Jul 22 2009, 10:17 PM
I'm slightly curious about how Sami tells her life story. Not curious enough to watch.
Oh, good point. It will be highly, highly sanitized, I'm sure.

lysie
Member Avatar

Paxton
Jul 22 2009, 10:18 PM
lysie
It could go a lot of ways. Her stuff will be sanitized. Everything else dramatized. Everything could be sanitized. She could tell the truth. LOL. Yeah, right!

Paxton
Member Avatar

lysie
Jul 22 2009, 10:22 PM
Paxton
Jul 22 2009, 10:18 PM
lysie
It could go a lot of ways. Her stuff will be sanitized. Everything else dramatized. Everything could be sanitized. She could tell the truth. LOL. Yeah, right!
Well, I'm sure that at least EJ's part in her history will be, um, whitewashed to a fare-thee-well. And of course, her own actions regarding her mother, her sisters, her son . . . .

mirabella

Thanks for posting, Angie. I can't wait to hear the rest of the story.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I called this twist the minute Meredith was revealed to be connected to Rafe's past. I'm still interested.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

:sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:
I suppose there is a certain irony in the story being as boring as the character...or is it the character that makes the story so damned boring? :shrug:

samixxx
Member Avatar

mirabella
Jul 22 2009, 10:47 PM
Thanks for posting, Angie. I can't wait to hear the rest of the story.
I can't wait either. This part reasons he can't tell Sami certain things has me very curious. And bonus some Safe lovin' :wub:
Thanks Angie for the article.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I agree with Drew. So far, it's predictable but they've said there is more to it and with all the buildup and Arianna behaving so suspiciously, I'm intrigued.

Nicole Walker

Okay this is stupid. He tells her about Emily dying but he can't tell her what? How the accident happened? What exactly is it he can't tell her?

Diamonde
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Jul 22 2009, 11:26 PM
I agree with Drew. So far, it's predictable but they've said there is more to it and with all the buildup and Arianna behaving so suspiciously, I'm intrigued.
They both probably had involvement in Emily's death and it wasn't just an accident either. -_-

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

And I bet Nick Stabile's character is going to be tied into this mystery as well. I'm convinced that he's the person Arianna's making these mysterious phone calls to.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^Never thought of that. Hmm...that would be interesting, especially since Stabile is supposed to be involved in Bo and Hope's story.

I would like that actually. The show has done a good job of tying the canvas together and Bo and Hope and Abe and Lexie are a bit too isolated. Involving Stabile's character with the Bo/Hope story and the Arianna stuff would help integrate Bo and Hope into the mix of things.

desertgal

I'm very interested in learning more about Rafe's past. I'm glad it is finally going to come out. I don't think Rafe killed Emily at all. I think it might have been Arianna who had been driving.

Ljay
Member Avatar

desertgal
Jul 23 2009, 10:21 AM
I'm very interested in learning more about Rafe's past. I'm glad it is finally going to come out. I don't think Rafe killed Emily at all. I think it might have been Arianna who had been driving.
I agree with ya here, I think its not gonna be Rafe at all, hes too good it seem! LOL I think if anything hes covering up for his sister which from what i have seen so far isnt worth it. All shes done since shes been back in his life is tell him what hes done wrong, for Pete's sake how old the man? And besides, who cares who he is seeing? Rafe saved her ass, in the process! :shame: :shame:

Ljay
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Jul 22 2009, 11:53 PM
And I bet Nick Stabile's character is going to be tied into this mystery as well. I'm convinced that he's the person Arianna's making these mysterious phone calls to.
Nick Stabile is the one lurking around Hope and watching her, and he goes by the name of "Dean". As far as him being a Horton or anything like that,I dont know, but i did find this little bit of info on Soaps.com (Am I allowed to put that one here?)Oh and I did notice that Nick is one of the cops that takes Daniel in.....(which we already knew) :smile:
Edited by Ljay, Jul 23 2009, 10:54 AM.

klements

desertgal
Jul 23 2009, 10:21 AM
I don't think Rafe killed Emily at all. I think it might have been Arianna who had been driving.
This is my thought too, that Rafe is covering for Arianna, who might have been drunk or high when the accident occurred. But Rafe took the blame to protect her.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply