Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Weekly Discussion; Week of 7/27 - 7/31
Topic Started: Jul 26 2009, 04:52 PM (5,668 Views)
PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kate and Victor were HILARIOUS today. :laugh:

Nice seeing Abe and I like that Bo and Hope have doubts about Daniel being behind the poisoning.

Also, Rachel Kimsey is just awful. What the hell happened to her (other then work being done on her face)?
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Jul 28 2009, 01:08 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

just when i though kate couldn't get any better, they went and added victor to her scenes. his malicious merriment over chloe's coma was just priceless. i also loved that bo brought up what kate did to sami so many years ago. after all, if she was capable of framing and putting sami on death row, she's pretty much capable of anything.

was anyone else bothered that sami is using her daughter's death to buddy up to meredith and get info out of her? i know it's just a plot point, but it's distasteful.

six
Member Avatar

I loved this episode, with the exception of the Meridith/Sami stuff. Days has remembered it has vets and they were out in full force today. I can't remember the last time we saw Bope, Abe, Lexie, Kate, Victor and Roman all in the same show. Kate and Victor's scenes were great, plus there were no safe scenes. Also, it was nice that the writers remembered that Kate tried to kill Sami. That's such a little thing, but it's been lacking for so long that the bare minimum has become praise-worthy. Maybe that was the show's plan? lol

They need to move Rafe's story along and get it over with, because it's just not working. Is there anyone but the newest soap viewer who really believes Rafe set out to harm Emily? The return of the police station makes me wonder why Rafe isn't there, in the logical place for him to be. I know we got the random scene of him working construction in the middle of the night, but if that was a hint that there was more to that job, they should have followed up on it by now with some answers or more hints. Rafe really is Luis, and Luis wasn't as boring a character because at least he had something to do besides play house with Sheridan. It's obvious that at least up until recently, TPTB had no idea who or what this guy was going to be. They screwed up by not keeping the initial interest in his past up in the first place, and really don't have the luxury of taking their time with this mess.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Yeah Bo mentioning what Kate did to Sami caught me off guard too because I always wondered if that information ever went beyond Roman (who basically never got the actual truth from Kate but seemed to figure it out anyway). That plot point was basically dropped and it always bothered me because Roman and Marlena still were friends with Kate for awhile (Roman still is and was in love with her) and I hated that because of what Kate did to their daughter, which got swept under the rug back then.

Then again, people in Salem seem to forget Kate's role in the coronation massacre in 2001 too so there you go LOL.

daysfan
Member Avatar

LOL LOL LOL at Kate and Victor!

Victor: "Philip called me...whats the emergency?"

Kate: "Oh Chloe's in a coma, do you have any coffee(or something like that) on you?"

Victor: "No but we can go to the Java!"

Kate: "Good because I need to get out of here."

Victor: "Why?"

Kate: "Chloe's in a COMA! I just TOLD you!"

Victor: "Oh yeah you mentioned that."

six
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Jul 28 2009, 01:56 PM
Yeah Bo mentioning what Kate did to Sami caught me off guard too because I always wondered if that information ever went beyond Roman (who basically never got the actual truth from Kate but seemed to figure it out anyway). That plot point was basically dropped and it always bothered me because Roman and Marlena still were friends with Kate for awhile (Roman still is and was in love with her) and I hated that because of what Kate did to their daughter, which got swept under the rug back then.

Then again, people in Salem seem to forget Kate's role in the coronation massacre in 2001 too so there you go LOL.
This is why I've never really liked Kate. I've always been the first to say that soap characters need to move on quickly and not hold grudges, or else no one in town will have anyone else to talk to, but Kate has never gotten shunned to the level that she should because her schemes get glossed over. Her only consequence is that Lucas disowns her for a few weeks, then everything is back to normal. Which reminds me of another good line from today. Daniel - "Kate's weird about Lucas." Thank you, Daniel. How is no one else in Salem disturbed by the creepy way Kate acts about Lucas to the exclusion of her other kids?

Deleted User
Deleted User

six
Jul 28 2009, 02:21 PM
PhoenixRising05

This is why I've never really liked Kate. I've always been the first to say that soap characters need to move on quickly and not hold grudges, or else no one in town will have anyone else to talk to, but Kate has never gotten shunned to the level that she should because her schemes get glossed over. Her only consequence is that Lucas disowns her for a few weeks, then everything is back to normal. Which reminds me of another good line from today. Daniel - "Kate's weird about Lucas." Thank you, Daniel. How is no one else in Salem disturbed by the creepy way Kate acts about Lucas to the exclusion of her other kids?
A reverse Oedipus complex.
Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

six
Jul 28 2009, 02:21 PM
PhoenixRising05

I agree. One of the things I liked about 2001 was how they made Kate take a hard fall and have to build herself back up again. She needs that again but, sadly, we will never see all of her crimes truly exposed as they should. I mean, one of her most infamous was reduced to a single line by Bo today and I never even knew anyone outside of maybe Roman, Lucas, and Sami who knew of what she did to set Sami up. I still remember her being exposed by Sami in 2005 and while it was ok, all that was exposed was her role in putting Sami and Brandon in bed together for Lucas to see. They didn't even expose the rest of her crimes that year, much less her crimes over time.

They isolate her too much too. She barely gets to interact with anyone other then Victor, her children, and anyone her children are dating. That has been the case for years now. The only time she interacted with others was when she became involved with Roman and John and then after that she was relegated back to the same stuff most of the time.

Hopefully, with the upcoming returns, we will see something new with her because I don't think they can go much further with her in the Lucas/Chloe/Daniel stuff.

Deleted User
Deleted User

What crimes exactly were said by Bo about Kate?
Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Amello
Jul 28 2009, 02:33 PM
Bo brought up Kate's role in setting Sami up which led to her being on death row.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Jul 28 2009, 02:44 PM.

heartsaver

PhoenixRising05
Jul 28 2009, 02:43 PM
Amello
Bo brought up Kate's role in setting Sami up which led to her being on death row.
Actually Hope asked Bo if he thought Kate was crazy enough to poison Chloe and Bo just said "you know what she did to Sami." He didn't mention any specific incident.

lene
Member Avatar

Kirk
Jul 27 2009, 11:18 PM
I was LMAO when Kate was whispering to Chloe no one likes you, you have no friends, just go ahead and let go.
That was hilarious! :laugh:

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

heartsaver
Jul 28 2009, 02:51 PM
PhoenixRising05
Jul 28 2009, 02:43 PM
Amello
Actually Hope asked Bo if he thought Kate was crazy enough to poison Chloe and Bo just said "you know what she did to Sami." He didn't mention any specific incident.
Yeah but there is really nothing else that it could be that is on the same level as that other then her, Victor, and Lucas gas lighting Sami in Fall 2000 (which I can't see being brought up or Bo knowing about) or her pushing Vincent to put a hit out on Sami at the coronation (which I don't think Bo would know about either). It has to be the death row thing and Roman, who always suspected Kate and Lucas, must have told him about his suspicions at some point offscreen, which sucks.

heidi
Member Avatar

There is always the time Kate burned down Victor's house with Lucas passed out inside. She was trying to kill Victor but got Lucas instead. He spend a couple of years in a coma in a rehab center. She never got caught for that.
Edited by heidi, Jul 28 2009, 04:11 PM.

Alligato
Member Avatar

Kate and Victor were all kinds of awesome today...loved all of their lines, and Vic's little enjoyment of it all. Still loving me some Dr. Dan too, and while I am the first to comment about KA's skeletor look, etc. I must say that she has been looking beautiful lately with her eyes and her shirt. I love that Bope aren't sold on Dr. Dan poisoning Chloe....I usually hate them in cop mode.

Today's show just had me laughing for some reason...with the exception of Sami/Meredeth. I could give a shit about why Meredeth is crying, and if Rafe was involved. And yea, luv, Sami using Grace's death to get info from Mer is just tacky. That's your newly dead daughter...show some respect and mind your business. If you don't trust Rafe that much then don't invite him to live with you, ya idiot!

Good show today...LK is rocking all of this, and watching all of the vets, and knowing that some other vets are returning, I think the newbies will be swallowed by all of the talent coming up. I'm so excited!

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Kate and Victor's scenes were great slices of dark comedy. I am curious to see what Victor is going to do about Kate setting up his godson.

You know, I was thinking Hope looked a little beefier today but she really got hit by that tanning mitt. I too dislike Bope as police, it's too hard to take them seriously. Especially when they play the Spy vs Spy song during the Bo/Abe scene. I'm enjoying Dan looking like a lunatic. Why does Bo looked so dishevled?

I'm not a fan of Merideths flamming red hair but I did like how the scene with Sami's white-blond hair looked visually.

Good thing Dr. Nathan is there to watch after Chloe, she's a goner for sure if she's left alone with Lexie.

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

LOVED today's episode, Kate is becoming my fave character on the show. She is the only thing making this crappy storyline worthwhile.

Sami/Rafe are so pathetic, this storyline is so boring. I don't even think the writers fully know what the HUGE secret is about Rafe and Emily, they're just making it up as they go along.

Alligato
Member Avatar

Is there any chance that Victor and Kate will get together again? They were just awesome today!

Oh, and why doesn't Nocole come in and testify that Chloe wanted Daniel...and that she wasn't scared of him?
Edited by Alligato, Jul 28 2009, 08:38 PM.

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

Alligato
Jul 28 2009, 08:22 PM
Is there any chance that Victor and Kate will get together again? They were just awesome today!

Oh, and why doesn't Nocole come in and testify that Chloe wanted Daniel...and that she wasn't scared of him?
It's all been in the same day since Chloe collapsed, so Nicole doesn't even know anything yet. When she does find out however, they're going to gloss over the fact Nicole knows Chloe loves Daniel, just to move the story forward.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

nicole might eventually come into play, since daniel mentioned to hope that chloe tends to confide in her. right now, though, i guess daniel is more interested in the fact that he thinks kate confided in victor about her plan, although i'm not sure what led him to believe that. it will probably just lead to daniel/victor angst of some kind.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply