Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Weekly Discussion; Week of 7/27 - 7/31
Topic Started: Jul 26 2009, 04:52 PM (5,627 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Jul 28 2009, 03:05 PM
heartsaver
Jul 28 2009, 02:51 PM
PhoenixRising05
Jul 28 2009, 02:43 PM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
Actually Hope asked Bo if he thought Kate was crazy enough to poison Chloe and Bo just said "you know what she did to Sami." He didn't mention any specific incident.
Yeah but there is really nothing else that it could be that is on the same level as that other then her, Victor, and Lucas gas lighting Sami in Fall 2000 (which I can't see being brought up or Bo knowing about) or her pushing Vincent to put a hit out on Sami at the coronation (which I don't think Bo would know about either). It has to be the death row thing and Roman, who always suspected Kate and Lucas, must have told him about his suspicions at some point offscreen, which sucks.
She set up Brandon and Sami, and every knows about that. It's a good bit different (as in it doesn't involve death), but it was pretty diabolical.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Saw the tail end of Days today (my first Days viewing in months). Lauren Koslow needs to lay of the cosmetic surgery. Her lips look like they're about to rupture. And, JKJ, please step away from the flatiron ASAP!

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

Matt
Jul 29 2009, 01:20 PM
Saw the tail end of Days today (my first Days viewing in months). Lauren Koslow needs to lay of the cosmetic surgery. Her lips look like they're about to rupture. And, JKJ, please step away from the flatiron ASAP!
:lol: on both accounts

Does JKJ refuse to have short hair, let the bangs or whatever they are go!

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

I love me some John Aniston and today was no different. The last 2 days have been great watching Victor grill Kate.

I have to say KA plays the bitch so well, Hope was full on bitch mode today. The way she walked off from Kate and closed the door right in Victor's face I just had to laugh at how much of a bitch she was. Usually I don't like how she is all high and mighty, but it worked because I want someone to put Kate in her place for once.

I didn't get an opening today, it just went straight to commercial. This better not be the new trend.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Wow, lots of nods to Days history and really slathered on thick with Sami recounting all her misdeeds. Best part was the look on Rafe's face. AS is quite pretty.

I am loving the poison apple s/l now that it has picked back up again. Especially with the dynamic happening between Kate and Victor protecting Dan.

BD looked hansome during his trivia spot.

Matt, actually LK's lips look MUCH better now than they did in previous episodes now that the swelling has gone down.

jane1978

Another good show today. Hope in the cop mode is stunning, so strict and bitchy. I think KA has to watch a lot of CSI, Cold Cases and other primetime shows with female detectives because she plays her detective Brady exactly the same way. Too bad SPD is never allowed to solve the case because that would end the drama.

Good to see Abe again. Things maybe changing but they are still the same, so even if Abe is now mayor and Bo the comissioner the dynamics between them is exactly the same like when Abe was the comissioner and Bo detective. We have even the obligate "upstairs" representing by the new DA who is pushing Abe and Bo to do things they know are wrong. Good old times.

I love SC. He makes the character so passionate and melodramatic about everything. I think he has to have a blast.

Kate and Victor were great again. I really appreciate the writers know the story is a little out there and are able to make fun from it.

Love the pacing as well. It was very good decision to send Lucas away so the affair reveal didnīt collide with Danielīs initial investigation. This way they can play all the beats and show the reactions.

I think the main problem with the Meredith/Safe story is we already know what the big secret is from spoilers and mags, so all the stalling and mystery building seems somewhat pointless. They should also make it clear Rafe is lying and what he told Sami isnīt all, because the two lines he finally confessed after 14+ days buildup were very dissapointing.

I really like the way Tomlin introduces new characters. We had Arianna just waitressing with few lines for weeks in spring and now the contract player Nick Stabile is already there playing some underfive role of a cop at the cop shop. It will be fun when we discover who he really is.
Edited by jane1978, Jul 29 2009, 05:34 PM.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Kate has done a lot to Sami over the years, so Bo could've been talking about numerous things and in fact doesn't know about Kate setting up Sami. I don't think he does. Bo could've been talking about Kate setting Sami up for numerous things like sleeping with Brandon before her marriage to Lucas, or the numerous things she did for EJ back in 2007. The fact that they didn't mention Franco's murder specifically makes me think that wasn't what Bo was referring to. If that was the case, they would've actually came out and said it considering how simliar the two situations are.

That's weird Kurt about the opening. I got the opening.

I find myself starting to get into the poisoning story, finally. The way it was built up was so stupid and roll your eyes worthy, but the pay off hasn't been that bad thus far. I like that Daniel isn't getting any unfair treatment. The evidence is against him and that's what we're seeing. He's paying for it, the way he should. It's probably not a good thing that I know Daniel is innocent, yet I still want him to go down for the crime and rot in prison. :lol:

I think Victor's involvement is really what's getting me into the story. That, and Lucas finally becoming involved again. You would never guess he was Chloe's husband and he was the one she cheated on because he has been sorely absent from this story since the very beginning.

I loved Sami telling Rafe everything she did in the past. I just really wish they would just forget what Sami did to Belle though. Hearing her and others bring up that part of the past really hurts the timeline on this show. Right now, thanks to SORAS, Belle is only a few years younger than Sami. But the show insists on bring up the fact that Sami changed Belle's paternity test and kidnapped her. When did she do this, when she was six? I always hate when they talk about that and I really wish they would just forget it ever happened like they have done to so many other things in Salem past.

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

Halloween Family
Jul 29 2009, 04:52 PM

What was his question? I missed it today, I like them.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

ga68153
Jul 29 2009, 07:43 PM
Halloween Family
Jul 29 2009, 04:52 PM

What was his question? I missed it today, I like them.
He asked why Kate paid Nicole $5 million to marry Lucas and answered it was for custody of Will.

I like the trivia too, even though they're mostly pretty simple.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Jul 29 2009, 05:41 PM
I just really wish they would just forget what Sami did to Belle though. Hearing her and others bring up that part of the past really hurts the timeline on this show. Right now, thanks to SORAS, Belle is only a few years younger than Sami. But the show insists on bring up the fact that Sami changed Belle's paternity test and kidnapped her. When did she do this, when she was six? I always hate when they talk about that and I really wish they would just forget it ever happened like they have done to so many other things in Salem past.
they probably felt they had to throw something actually bad in there, since sami whitewashed over every other thing she's done in her confession to rafe. really, kidnapping belle and changing her paternity results was the only bad thing sami confessed to. the rest was 'oh-poor-me-i-got-raped-and-framed-and-stuck-in-a-war-zone-boo-hoo.'

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

luvpumpkns
Jul 29 2009, 08:06 PM
DrewHamilton
Jul 29 2009, 05:41 PM
I just really wish they would just forget what Sami did to Belle though. Hearing her and others bring up that part of the past really hurts the timeline on this show. Right now, thanks to SORAS, Belle is only a few years younger than Sami. But the show insists on bring up the fact that Sami changed Belle's paternity test and kidnapped her. When did she do this, when she was six? I always hate when they talk about that and I really wish they would just forget it ever happened like they have done to so many other things in Salem past.
they probably felt they had to throw something actually bad in there, since sami whitewashed over every other thing she's done in her confession to rafe. really, kidnapping belle and changing her paternity results was the only bad thing sami confessed to. the rest was 'oh-poor-me-i-got-raped-and-framed-and-stuck-in-a-war-zone-boo-hoo.'
They even whitewashed that though. She implied the kidnapping was still in the planning stages and she also said she was going to raise her herself. Nothing was said about the black market, which is what I recall Sami's plan to have been.

ETA: These were her words: " . . . I was going to kidnap [Belle], I was going to run away and raise her myself. . . ."
Edited by Paxton, Jul 29 2009, 08:14 PM.

Alligato
Member Avatar

OMG, Pax! I thought the same thing then wondered if I was just forgetting what actually happened. Sami was supposed to sell Belle on the black market, huh? This mind isn't as bad as I thought! One would think Ms. I-Know-Everything-About-Days AS wouldn't let the black market thing get by.

I actuallly loved the crap out of today's show!
Sami rattling off her history was hilarious! Does Rafe know how many brothers or sisters Sami has? Come to think of it, I don't know how many she has.

Kate and Victor just shine the past few days...I love Phillip coming in and dealing with his parents and his comment about how he thought it life was screwed up....and I get now why Lucas wasn't present when Chloe got sick as it is so much better now that he is finding everything out. I feel for the guy though.
Hope was on top form today too with her comments and snide. I also usually hate her in cop mode, but she and Bo have been great.
John Aniston just looks like he is having so much fun!

And the end with Daniel's booking and taking off his little surfer necklace, etc. was different, but I liked it. SC has just been looking all kinds of good lately. I love how he is portraying Daniel in all of this. So dramatic!

And once again, we have many characters all interacting with each other all in the same episode. For some reason, I really liked that Phillip was involved today even though he didn't have to be.

And a big plus, I didn't have to deal with the teen scene.
Excellent, entertaining show today! Good job, Days!
Edited by Alligato, Jul 29 2009, 10:05 PM.

heidi
Member Avatar

Kate also drugged Sami, then lured her over a cliff with a life sized Will doll and a recording of Will calling for her. She then tells Lucas that Sami fell. If that wasn't enough Grandma of the Year also left her grandson in the car by himself.

Funny stuff really. Love the Will doll, love Lucas' hair even more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpOAF0QhT98

mer4santo
Member Avatar
whaaaaaat?

Have to admit that yesterday and today were pretty good. Like others have said Vic and Kate are made of awesome and the dark comedy routine has had me rewinding more than once.
I heart the Days fun facts and agree that BD did indeed look really good in his today.
The combination of character, dialogue and actor creating Meredith has bombed. I'm glad she isn't long for Salem.
Loved that Days actually remembered some of Sami's bigger misdeeds and that Rafe blew her confession off as disinterested though he did look rather amused at the Stan reveal.
Did I mention that Vic and Kate are made of awesome?
and finally I love seeing Philip played with the older characters, he is much better and more believable when with them.

LovingDays

Today was pretty good episode.

I really liked Hope today.I loved all her scenes today.

Wow we saw Abe 2 days in roll.Good Job Days

Omg i can't wait to see Viviannnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Sindacco
Member Avatar

jane1978
Jul 29 2009, 05:32 PM
I love SC. He makes the character so passionate and melodramatic about everything. I think he has to have a blast.
I can't stand him. A person on IMDb described his acting perfectly.

Quote:

"Shawn Christian just always comes off strangely out-of-breath and like it's a struggle to have a conversation with whoever he's talking to. It's annoying."

six
Member Avatar

I think they cleaned up Sami's crimes because they don't want us to view her as the crazy bad girl, but a good person who's been misguided in the past, and is in need of a man's protection. Which is unfortunate, because being a villain is what AS does best. She needs the moral high ground so she look down on the grey characters, and assume her role as heroine, though. :puke:

lastDays
Member Avatar

Sindacco
Jul 30 2009, 08:24 AM
jane1978

Quote:

"Shawn Christian just always comes off strangely out-of-breath and like it's a struggle to have a conversation with whoever he's talking to. It's annoying."

Wow.Quoting another hater from IMDB :wow:

lastDays
Member Avatar

lene
Jul 28 2009, 02:53 PM
Kirk
Jul 27 2009, 11:18 PM
I was LMAO when Kate was whispering to Chloe no one likes you, you have no friends, just go ahead and let go.
That was hilarious! :laugh:
By the time her crimes have been revealed,everyone hopefully will be saying the same thing about kate

Sindacco
Member Avatar

lastDays
Jul 30 2009, 10:38 AM
Sindacco
Jul 30 2009, 08:24 AM
jane1978

Quote:

Wow.Quoting another hater from IMDB :wow:
Huh?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply