Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Weekly Discussion; Week of 7/27 - 7/31
Topic Started: Jul 26 2009, 04:52 PM (5,744 Views)
DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

EJ got his hair cut! Could Philip be next?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Have anyone else notice that the police station set has changed a little? The entrance has been moved to the back to make room for a new interrogation room. I like it.

heidi
Member Avatar

Is that creepy guy that Brady beat the bat-crap out of going to be the one who is stalking Hope?
Edited by heidi, Jul 30 2009, 03:54 PM.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

heidi
Jul 30 2009, 03:53 PM
Is that creepy guy that Brady beat the bat-crap out of going to be the one who is stalking Hope?
No, the guy stalking Hope was one of the cops arresting Daniel.

But speaking about the guy in the park, what was wrong with Brady? The guy only came up to Arianna and said something, is that a reason for Brady to beat the shit out of him? Maybe Brady sometimes goes in to mercenary mode like his old man used to?

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

six
Jul 30 2009, 09:39 AM
I think they cleaned up Sami's crimes because they don't want us to view her as the crazy bad girl, but a good person who's been misguided in the past, and is in need of a man's protection. Which is unfortunate, because being a villain is what AS does best. She needs the moral high ground so she look down on the grey characters, and assume her role as heroine, though. :puke:
It didn't bother me at all because I saw the scene from Sami's POV not the writers. I would expect Sami to clean up some of her misdeeds and while I do believe she knows she's done horrible awful things in the general sense, when it comes down to specifics I see her feeling justified.

I also agree with the quote Sindacco posted. It's one of the reasons why I can't get into Danloe, he looks like he's on the verge jizzing his pants with all his breathlessness.

Loved the way Ari looked in her purple dress and feathered hair. I am even interested in her little exchange with the guy Brady beat up but I still can't get into them as a couple. The kiss scene had everything in place, having both of them gradually step in closer and the way they touched each other but it still fell flat for me.

Rafe looks like he works for UPS. The scene with Meridith was good, at least Galen's line delivery was a little different. Man, I so want Galen to break out of this acting trap.

Thank you, Thank you for cutting EJ's hair. What a difference! EJ had this sweet look on his face when he told Nicole she could lean on him after the news of Chloe.

I'm not minding the teens too much. I wish Chad would stand up straighter and Will would get his hair cut away from his face. I am curious to see if they do anything more with Kinsey.

lysie
Member Avatar

Paxton
Jul 29 2009, 08:11 PM
luvpumpkns
Jul 29 2009, 08:06 PM
DrewHamilton
Jul 29 2009, 05:41 PM
I just really wish they would just forget what Sami did to Belle though. Hearing her and others bring up that part of the past really hurts the timeline on this show. Right now, thanks to SORAS, Belle is only a few years younger than Sami. But the show insists on bring up the fact that Sami changed Belle's paternity test and kidnapped her. When did she do this, when she was six? I always hate when they talk about that and I really wish they would just forget it ever happened like they have done to so many other things in Salem past.
they probably felt they had to throw something actually bad in there, since sami whitewashed over every other thing she's done in her confession to rafe. really, kidnapping belle and changing her paternity results was the only bad thing sami confessed to. the rest was 'oh-poor-me-i-got-raped-and-framed-and-stuck-in-a-war-zone-boo-hoo.'
They even whitewashed that though. She implied the kidnapping was still in the planning stages and she also said she was going to raise her herself. Nothing was said about the black market, which is what I recall Sami's plan to have been.

ETA: These were her words: " . . . I was going to kidnap [Belle], I was going to run away and raise her myself. . . ."
It was whitewashed, but not completely inaccurate. She was going to sell her on the black market, but near the end she kind of freaked out and decided that instead she'd runaway with her and raise her herself. That was after she had kidnapped her and find a buyer, though.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

lysie
Jul 30 2009, 04:30 PM
It was whitewashed, but not completely inaccurate. She was going to sell her on the black market, but near the end she kind of freaked out and decided that instead she'd runaway with her and raise her herself. That was after she had kidnapped her and find a buyer, though.
Wasn't the reason she freaked out that John and Kristen were posing as the buyers and she found that out? I thought she didn't go through with the black market scheme because of them.

I still find it misleading either way, both to Rafe and to the viewers. I can understand the idea that Sami rationalizes and justifies everything she does to herself, but in scenes like that it's problematic when there's nobody to say "wait a minute, that's not quite how it happened." Since I don't expect anyone to fill Rafe in on the correct, complete details of Sami's heinous past, that kind of misleading recap bugs me. It makes me think that I, the viewer, am either supposed to accept the retcon if I remember the past, or if I don't know the past I assume from what I heard that Sami had this plan to kidnap her baby sister but her conscience wouldn't let her go through with it. Again, not exactly the way it unfolded and since it makes Sami look better, I have to assume they wrote it that way on purpose.

Alligato
Member Avatar

^maybe they put it like that to show that Sami did something VERY similar to Nicole (kidnapped a child to raise herself), so when the truth comes out, Nicole won't look like the only bad guy. Or maybe Rafe will remind Sami that she did something like Nicole did once. There has to be a reason for the oversight.
I doubt it though. I am sure Sami will be totally hypocritical and call Nicole every name in the book and deny forgiveness...but it just struck me as odd that out of all of Sami's crimes, they pick that one from years ago - a baby kidnapper - which is similar to the current story.

lysie
Member Avatar

Paxton
Jul 30 2009, 04:56 PM
lysie
Jul 30 2009, 04:30 PM
Wasn't the reason she freaked out that John and Kristen were posing as the buyers and she found that out? I thought she didn't go through with the black market scheme because of them.

I still find it misleading either way, both to Rafe and to the viewers. I can understand the idea that Sami rationalizes and justifies everything she does to herself, but in scenes like that it's problematic when there's nobody to say "wait a minute, that's not quite how it happened." Since I don't expect anyone to fill Rafe in on the correct, complete details of Sami's heinous past, that kind of misleading recap bugs me. It makes me think that I, the viewer, am either supposed to accept the retcon if I remember the past, or if I don't know the past I assume from what I heard that Sami had this plan to kidnap her baby sister but her conscience wouldn't let her go through with it. Again, not exactly the way it unfolded and since it makes Sami look better, I have to assume they wrote it that way on purpose.
I'm pretty sure not. Here's the clip. It goes from this (Sami talking about raising Belle on her own, how she wanted to give her to a nice family, but at least they'll be together), and then the next clip is John and Kristen bringing Belle to the church. There may be something missing, but I've never seen it in any of the edits, and if I saw it originally...well it was 16 years ago, and I was 9, so I don't recall, lol. It's not why she kidnapped her, though, and her original plan was most definitely not to raise Belle herself.

Edited by lysie, Jul 30 2009, 10:27 PM.

Alligato
Member Avatar

Whoa, Brady! Dude needs to settle down a bit before beating the shit out of strange dudes. I like FT, and since I have never really watched Passions, I look forward to seeing the difference in chemistry between FT and LH. I really hate that the character's name is Ari. Kind of takes me out of the scene...I prefer Arianna.

And can Will look anymore androgenous? The big fluffy bowl hair and lack of interest in any of the girls, and his scrawniness compared to Chad...they really could toughen Will up a bit. I just can't stand any of this teen scene.

And I think we have the return of smoking hot EJ...it's the hair and the ever so slight scruff, and it just suits him...and suits me too. He even smiled at the end. Missed that too. I loved Stefano talking to EJ about how obsessions aren't healthy...seriously? He is the king of all obsessions with people! LOL!
It's kind of funny that EJ is worried that Nicole and Sydney will leave him, and Nicole is worried that Sydney and EJ will leave her. These poor tragic people!

I was hoping to see more of Dr. Dan and Lucas today, but no dice. It's been awhile since I was disappointed that I didn't get to see a story. Weird with Will coming to the hospital asking about Chloe. Didn't flow.

Paxton
Member Avatar

lysie
Jul 30 2009, 10:27 PM
I'm pretty sure not. Here's the clip. It goes from this (Sami talking about raising Belle on her own, how she wanted to give her to a nice family, but at least they'll be together), and then the next clip is John and Kristen bringing Belle to the church. There may be something missing, but I've never seen it in any of the edits, and if I saw it originally...well it was 16 years ago, and I was 9, so I don't recall, lol. It's not why she kidnapped her, though, and her original plan was most definitely not to raise Belle herself.

Well, here's the clip where Sami bumps into John at the restaurant and he tells her why they're there and she panics and leaves; it's clip 6 of the series. So I guess I'm not sure where you and I disagree? Clip 7, I think, has John and Kristen realizing Sami has Jamie's credit cards and that she's not using them to go shopping. So basically, Sami ran into John, he tells her what they're doing, and she runs off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usnQpM2Fn-s&feature=related

I don't think there needs to be any missing scene to support what I'm saying was the accurate version of Sami's kidnapping story, i.e., Sami took Belle, hid her, planned to sell her on the black market, didn't go through with it because John and Kristen were posing as the buyers, and ran off to the airport with the idea that she would raise Belle herself somehow. What is it that we're disagreeing about, lol? I might just be slow since it's a Friday morning.

Edited by Paxton, Jul 31 2009, 07:39 AM.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

does anyone know why nicole and stefano are so hell-bent on getting rafe out of sami's life? correct me if i'm wrong, but shouldn't they feel safer with sami in a relationship with another guy? i know he's ex-fbi and blah blah blah, but i would think the death of grace would put to bed any fears that sami might learn the truth about sydney. i'm hoping i missed some conversation between nicole and stefano in the recent past that explains it, because otherwise, nicole and stefano are off their rockers. having sami single and sniffing around ej is what i'd be worried about, not her dating rafe.
Edited by luvpumpkns, Jul 31 2009, 09:34 AM.

mbdimera
Member Avatar

luvpumpkns
Jul 31 2009, 09:34 AM
does anyone know why nicole and stefano are so hell-bent on getting rafe out of sami's life? correct me if i'm wrong, but shouldn't they feel safer with sami in a relationship with another guy? i know he's ex-fbi and blah blah blah, but i would think the death of grace would put to bed any fears that sami might learn the truth about sydney. i'm hoping i missed some conversation between nicole and stefano in the recent past that explains it, because otherwise, nicole and stefano are off their rockers. having sami single and sniffing around ej is what i'd be worried about, not her dating rafe.
I'm not sure if it was ever said out loud, but I assume that they think if Rafe is no longer with Sami, he won't be interested anymore in snooping around Nicole's business. But if I were Nicole, I would be more worried about Chad. Not only does he seem to be more intelligent and crafty than Rafe, but Rafe seems to have given up on his quest to find out what Nicole is hiding. And yes, it is stupid that as insecure as Nicole is about her relationship with EJ, that the thought of Sami being single again doesn't give her pause.

Nicole and Stefano really are their own worst enemies in this storyline. They are practically haging a neon sign over their heads that they are trying to hide something.

Paxton
Member Avatar

luvpumpkns
Actually, in a way this really has kind of worked, but the fact that it worked is exactly the reason why it makes no sense for Nicole to still be worried. What started this was that every time Nicole turned around Rafe was in her grille asking her why she was so upset about Grace dying and being very suspicious. Grace's death was the trigger for Rafe to start wondering if there was more to the story. Remember he also talked to Mia and Brady. Bringing Meredith to town was a diversionary tactic to get Rafe worried about his own secret. I don't think Nicole and Stefano are worried about Sami trying to figure things out--it's Rafe that had them scared. If he leaves town or breaks up with Sami because of his own secret past, they have no reason to think Sami will continue to try to figure out why Nicole was upset about Grace dying. Sami so far has shown no inclination to dig around and ask questions. And now Rafe is not paying any attention to Nicole, Mia or Brady either, so great, everything worked.

Nicole's insecurities about Sami always strike me as ridiculous and plot-driven, but then, that's my personal makeup. I hate insecurity and I would never be jealous of someone like Sami so it doesn't compute for me. I agree that there's enough there for us to wonder why Nicole hasn't expressed any concern about Sami being single, but I'm sure that when the plot requires it, it will come up.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Alligato
Jul 30 2009, 05:25 PM
^maybe they put it like that to show that Sami did something VERY similar to Nicole (kidnapped a child to raise herself), so when the truth comes out, Nicole won't look like the only bad guy. Or maybe Rafe will remind Sami that she did something like Nicole did once. There has to be a reason for the oversight.
I doubt it though. I am sure Sami will be totally hypocritical and call Nicole every name in the book and deny forgiveness...but it just struck me as odd that out of all of Sami's crimes, they pick that one from years ago - a baby kidnapper - which is similar to the current story.
My impression of the scene in addition to what I mentioned before was that there were things the audience didn't hear as indicated with the type of music played so maybe she did or didn't whitewash her crimes. However, you make an excellent point about Sami mentioning the incident similar to Nicole's crime. Also, the other characters brought up history too about how Sami was victimized by Kate.

The thing about the laundry list scene that struck me was how ackward and silly it was compared to when Sami was giving RoboJawn the rundown of Jarlena/Sami's life together in the past. I do believe Nicole is going to come out of the reveal relatively unscathed, so maybe they will soften Sami's reaction? For the reveal, I dont really care as long as it's unpredictable and there's some kickass acting to go along with some great drama.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

luvpumpkns
does anyone know why nicole and stefano are so hell-bent on getting rafe out of sami's life? correct me if i'm wrong, but shouldn't they feel safer with sami in a relationship with another guy?
I think it's because they are afraid he'll keep digging but for Nicole it's a lose/lose situation because of the jealousy factor. Nicole's insecurities regarding Sami are fairly in character for the relationship between Nicole and Sami as is the sense of bitterness in Sami for Nicole getting "her man". It's just for me as the viewer, I wish Nicole would stop mentioning her name or the writers would come up with a different way of stressing it to freshen it up.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

ok, i get it now. i missed a whole week in july, so i missed most of scenes where rafe was snooping around and asking questions. the last i saw in regards to that was him confronting nicole at grace's grave, and then seemingly accepting that nicole was just so upset because grace and sydney were the same age.

pspcindy
Member Avatar

luvpumpkns
Jul 31 2009, 10:47 AM
ok, i get it now. i missed a whole week in july, so i missed most of scenes where rafe was snooping around and asking questions. the last i saw in regards to that was him confronting nicole at grace's grave, and then seemingly accepting that nicole was just so upset because grace and sydney were the same age.
Lucky you! You were spared the agony.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

pspcindy
Jul 31 2009, 11:01 AM
Lucky you! You were spared the agony.
seriously.

i see johnson's hair stylist has gotten his/her hands on datillo. someone needs to tell these guys that all that hair in their face detracts from the scenes they're in. all i wanted to do today was attack lucas with some scissors and a brush.

lysie
Member Avatar

Paxton
Jul 31 2009, 07:38 AM
lysie
Jul 30 2009, 10:27 PM

Well, here's the clip where Sami bumps into John at the restaurant and he tells her why they're there and she panics and leaves; it's clip 6 of the series. So I guess I'm not sure where you and I disagree? Clip 7, I think, has John and Kristen realizing Sami has Jamie's credit cards and that she's not using them to go shopping. So basically, Sami ran into John, he tells her what they're doing, and she runs off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usnQpM2Fn-s&feature=related

I don't think there needs to be any missing scene to support what I'm saying was the accurate version of Sami's kidnapping story, i.e., Sami took Belle, hid her, planned to sell her on the black market, didn't go through with it because John and Kristen were posing as the buyers, and ran off to the airport with the idea that she would raise Belle herself somehow. What is it that we're disagreeing about, lol? I might just be slow since it's a Friday morning.

No, we're saying the same thing, but I think we're talking about different things, lol (or at least I was...you may not have been).

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply