Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Y&R: Weekly Discussion; Week of 7/27 - 7/31
Topic Started: Jul 26 2009, 04:57 PM (1,418 Views)
Mason
Member Avatar

The Young and the Restless
Week of 7/27 - 7/31

Classic Clip:
Veronica holds Nikki at gunpoint! (1998)

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

Today's episode, minus the STUPID Amber/Daniel/Deacon crap and the boring and annoying Cane propping was one of the most enjoyable in a while. It wasn't a major episode, but it primarily focused on the family dynamics of the Chancellor family. Also, Chloe was a primary focus, and she's just a fun character. Yes, like the other characters on this show, she's sometimes on the unsympathetic side, but Liz just makes me root for the character despite any writing choices. And she's fun, she's not a psycho, and though she's obsessed with Billy, it's not as disturbing as Phyllis and Sharon's obsession with winning Nick. Also, it helps they they aren't making him a victim to the extent of other women on this show.

But, it's obvious the the Chancellor family dynamics are the only family dynamics Maria and her henchmen are set out on exploring. The family dynamics for the Abbots and Newman have been weak, hallow, or useless for a while now. She doesn't appear to be interested in exploring the dynamics of those families fully, and that's a big shame.

This Amber/Daniel/Deacon mess is just degrading and one big set up to put all the blame on Amber and make her one huge victim, AFTER her rape, mind you. This story is stupid. Deacon needs to be written out, and this storyline needs to end, fast!

Ugh, I can't stand anymore Cane propping. So now, Kay forgives him and welcomes him into the family 3 weeks after he was exposed as a fraud? I can take them welcoming back Phillip III, since he's actual family and they missed two decades with him, but his impostor? Really? But I forgot, part of this story is about telling us what a nice guy Cane is and how we need to accept him as part of the family. :rolleyes:

The Lily storyline continues to be the only story on this show with any heart, though it too has its flaws.

End Billy and Mac please, these actors are so much better apart than together.

Damn, why is Y&R trying to give people false hope about Phillip III/Thom Bierdz leaving in one episode to take it away by the end? :mad: :lol:

All in all, it was kind of nice not seeing some one-note psycho today, a woman being blatantly victimized, new retcons, chipmunk crap, and other stupidity that this show is known for these days on today's US episode. Too bad the nonsense is back tomorrow. :rolleyes:

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

I agree that the Lily stuff has been handled well and I LOVE Chloe! I got a kick out of her scenes with "Chance" the other day and I thought Thom Bierdz was better when he had the scene with Cane than he's been since he returned! Also ENOUGH of that AWFUL record that Mac and Billy supposedly made years ago! I agree that both actors are better away from each other! I didn't like Clementine Ford at first but she's grown on me! I still haven't SEEN today's episode because EVER time I try to watch this show I get constant interruptions for some reason! The Deacon stuff is not only disgusting but redundant! He even put the phone in a glass the way he did when he wanted Bridget Forrester's family to hear her first sexual experience! The character has been sleazy from day one! His "romance" with Jackie was laughable and oozed slime where her current storyline with an even younger man works! But enough of B&B on Y&R! The show needs a lot of work and some hard choices need to be made!

Mason
Member Avatar

Y&RWorldTurner
Jul 27 2009, 12:41 PM
Ugh, I can't stand anymore Cane propping. So now, Kay forgives him and welcomes him into the family 3 weeks after he was exposed as a fraud? I can take them welcoming back Phillip III, since he's actual family and they missed two decades with him, but his impostor? Really? But I forgot, part of this story is about telling us what a nice guy Cane is and how we need to accept him as part of the family. :rolleyes:
I completely agree; it's really annoying. I loved the way that Nina rolled her eyes when Katherine hugged Cane today. Tricia Cast is just awesome.

I could care less about Lily's cancer, but Kristoff St. John was so good today.
Edited by Mason, Jul 27 2009, 08:27 PM.

MTSRocks
Member Avatar

Tuesday's US show was awesome. That Victor/Jack scene was GOLD.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

MTSRocks
Jul 28 2009, 05:38 PM
Tuesday's US show was awesome. That Victor/Jack scene was GOLD.
It really was! I liked the scene with Victor and Nikki too! And Mason, I agree that KSJ was outstanding yesterday! I'll never understand why he always gets "supporting" noms and not "leading man" with the Emmys! Of course, he didn't get nominated at all this year and CLB got "leading man" when he hasn't had his own story in a dog's age!

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

UGH, even the priest was pimping Cane and Lily's great love today.

I'm sick of Billy, they're throwing this character into too many different dynamics and situations at once. In this episode alone, there was Billy/Cane, Billy/Mac, and Billy/Jack/Paul. Damn, give this character time to breathe, please! I find the ties he has to his family to be completely hallow and lose.

So, Cane was back to his self-righteous and arrogant self with Billy today, talking about how Jill and Katherine trust him more, and how he'll always be picked before Billy. DIE CANE DIE! At least Billy is, you know, Jill's real son. I don't care how nice Cane has been to Jill, he still conned her for like 3 years and he never payed for it. Two weeks of this guilted saint act is not enough, sorry.

Can't they just focus on Lily's recovery? This story has become all about how Lily can't have kids, but wait she can! I find that to be more misogyny on this already woman-hating show. The idea that women are merely baby factories.

I feel NOTHING for anyone in this quad anymore. I'm so numb to them. Sharon, Phyllis, Jack, and Nick can all die. These characters need to be rested for a good 5 months and then throw into different orbits.

And what wedding video? Didn't Phyllis get arrested at that particular wedding?

These writers don't understand the Jack/Victor dynamic. Everytime Jack/Victor converse now, which has become rare even in this horrible Patty Jane story, it all feels hallow and completely plot-driven.

Whatever Patty Jane. I'm so over you and have NO SYMPATHY for your situation. You intentionally hurt a little girl, you're plotting revenge against someone who hurt you nearly 30 years ago, you sent a battered baby doll to Sharon, and you're increasingly more cartoon-like. Should I feel anything for you? All I feel is disgust and you're current homelessness does nothing to make me feel sorry for you. Another runied character that needs to be written out and rehabed before she's brought back.

Maybe Nikki's apology to Victor about David would have meant something if she hadn't DONE IT A MILLION TIMES BEFORE! This whole thing about Nikki getting blamed for David and Nikki hurting Victor is so sick and misogynistic. We all know Victor was the the that brought David to town, NOT NIKKI! Yet she gets all the blame. But I forgot, women are supposed to be inferior to men on this show.

Meh episode, too many problematic storylines and characters I'm beyond over at this point.

MTSRocks
Member Avatar

^^^When you over-generalize things then sure, LoL.

The Victor/Jack scene was GOLD because it was an excellent set-up scene, and once again it shows Victor being completely responsible. I loved the underlying tension. There was so much more to that scene than what you pointed out.

I don't mind Billy. Not every character needs to be clear cut and focus.

Deleted User
Deleted User

The only reason to pay attention to Billy is his ass! YUM!
Quote Post Goto Top

MTSRocks
Member Avatar

^^^LoL, I agree with that.

MTSRocks
Member Avatar

Ya the Amber/Deacon stuff (while unnecessary) wasn't as bad. Paul/Christine (which happened on THIS show) was worse. And no it wasn't rape. At all. There was no force. Just stupidity on Amber's part. She could have went to the cops and got wired.

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

Victor's never gonna pay for any of this shit, we know that already. LOL!

What happened to Amber was a form of sexual assault. Blackmailing someone into having sex with them is duress. In a lot of states, sex under duress is considered a sexual assault/crime. But whatever, that whole storyline is stupid anyway, and this was so not needed.

Billy is becoming overexposed to me. They're going in too many directions at once with this character.

Mason
Member Avatar

Oh, great. Holier-than-thou St. Cane is back in all his glory. I knew it wouldn't last long, and he'd be back to his pious self. Send this fucker back to the land of the kangaroos, PLEASE!

Deleted User
Deleted User

Mason
Jul 28 2009, 07:08 PM
Oh, great. Holier-than-thou St. Cane is back in all his glory. I knew it wouldn't last long, and he'd be back to his pious self. Send this fucker back to the land of the kangaroos, PLEASE!
Obviously someone doesn't care about endangered species.
Quote Post Goto Top

MTSRocks
Member Avatar

Y&RWorldTurner
Jul 28 2009, 07:03 PM
Victor's never gonna pay for any of this shit, we know that already. LOL!

What happened to Amber was a form of sexual assault. Blackmailing someone into having sex with them is duress. In a lot of states, sex under duress is considered a sexual assault/crime. But whatever, that whole storyline is stupid anyway, and this was so not needed.

Billy is becoming overexposed to me. They're going in too many directions at once with this character.
LoL, ya the old goat never pays.

It wasn't rape though.

I wish they'd do more with Devon. Bryton is sexy.
Edited by MTSRocks, Jul 28 2009, 07:15 PM.

Mason
Member Avatar

MTSRocks
Jul 28 2009, 07:14 PM
I wish they'd do more with Devon.
They do plenty with him as it is. Just having him on the show is too much, LoL.

MTSRocks
Member Avatar

^^^Nah. They could do so much more. Devon/Chloe could have been awesome. Devon/Chance would have been brilliant.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Mason
Jul 28 2009, 07:19 PM
MTSRocks
Jul 28 2009, 07:14 PM
I wish they'd do more with Devon.
They do plenty with him as it is. Just having him on the show is too much, LoL.
Yup. Another useless character that is a major FAIL!
Quote Post Goto Top

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

MTSRocks
Jul 28 2009, 07:20 PM
^^^Nah. They could do so much more. Devon/Chloe could have been awesome. Devon/Chance would have been brilliant.
I think I like Devon(Bryton)/Unemployment line WAY better.

Mason
Member Avatar

I didn't like that Nikki prostrated herself before Victor today, and he didn't even forgive her or tell her that what happened to Sabrina wasn't her fault. His reaction was so douchebaggy.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply