Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Louise Sorel (Vivian) Returns!
Topic Started: Jul 27 2009, 04:41 PM (8,680 Views)
Sindacco
Member Avatar

Victor/Kate/Stefano/Vivian/Carly/Justin. There is so much potential for storylines with those. Bring back Lawrence and it would be even better.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Harmony233

Mason
Jul 27 2009, 04:53 PM
SaveDaysNow
Jul 27 2009, 04:50 PM
Where is IVAN???? Please bring him back too! Viv is no good without Ivan.
They should keep Ivan away. After the Buried Alive story, Vivian slowly started to become a joke, and I partially blame that on Ivan.
You know watching old clips.Vivian was more bitchy and evil when Carly and Lawrence was around and I have to adit I liked her that way much better than the comic character she became later.

Mason
Member Avatar

Harmony233
Jul 27 2009, 04:59 PM
You know watching old clips.Vivian was more bitchy and evil when Carly and Lawrence was around and I have to adit I liked her that way much better than the comic character she became later.
Same here. Vivian was at her wicked best in 1992-1993, before Ivan came on the scene.

KMan101
Member Avatar

OMG I let out the BIGGEST gasp!

I'm going to have to watch DAYS again this fall. No way I can't.

Justin? Carly? Vivian?

I think I'm dying and going to heaven.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Mason
Jul 27 2009, 05:00 PM
Same here. Vivian was at her wicked best in 1992-1993, before Ivan came on the scene.

"I must admit, I do admire your determination to live, Carly. But do us all a favor and stop fighting. The end is here. Accept it! I know exactly how you feel. That's how I felt when you took Nikki and Lawrence away from me. They were more important to me than the air I breathe and you TOOK THEM! You took them. Well, I've taken them back. And now you know how I felt. How it feels to lose everything you love. Goodbye, Carly. We won't speak again."

"Carly will be dead in the morning. Remind me to get fresh flowers for her grave."

Aaahhhhh!

Mason
Member Avatar

We better fucking get Buried Alive flashbacks!

Kenny
Member Avatar

I feel like we've waited a lifetime for this.

Mason
Member Avatar

Kenny
Jul 27 2009, 05:11 PM
I certainly feel that way!

daysfan
Member Avatar

Kenny
Jul 27 2009, 05:11 PM
I thought we would never see it(much like everyone else)!

I mean, seriously, VIVIAN!? Louise Sorel?! Those names are ones I never thought I'd actually see on Days again...she's so long forgotten, I thought she was gone for good!

But apparently not....wow I just can't BELIEVE this!!!

Ellie

Vivian was never my favorite (though I did like her!), but I think a good basis for comparison is Stefano. Any 'Stefano-ish-ness' you're seeing now is on the part of Joe Mascolo, as the character is not really being written the same. I'd expect the same for Louise/Vivian. If Louise injects her trademark accent and charm, then I think Vivian might be fun to watch. But I think just as with Stefano, fans of the character might be disappointed after a while, since I don't think there's any chance the writing will be there. No one wrote Vivian like JER did.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Now I'm just wondering if the return is long-term, or just a short visit...

Mason
Member Avatar

Ellie
Jul 27 2009, 05:13 PM
No one wrote Vivian like JER did.
Even JER didn't write Vivian the way he did, after a while.

Still, I'm excited as all hell, nonetheless, LoL. I didn't think we'd EVER see Vivian again!
Edited by Mason, Jul 27 2009, 05:14 PM.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Ellie
I think just as with Stefano, fans of the character might be disappointed after a while, since I don't think there's any chance the writing will be there. No one wrote Vivian like JER did.

You're probably right. Not even JER wrote Vivian well in the later years.

I'm just excited to actually see her physical presence on the show again.

Mason
Member Avatar

Kenny
Now I'm just wondering if the return is long-term, or just a short visit...
Unless she's just really desperate for work, I can't imagine Louise agreeing to something short-term. I remember an interview a few years back, and I could have sworn she said she would only return to DAYS if it was on a regular basis, or something like that.

Ellie

LOL Kenny and Mason since you made the exact same post, I'll agree with both of you. :) I know what you mean - count me among those who never thought we'd even see her back in Salem.

Tammy
Member Avatar

OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!

That is some AWESOME SHIT! I think I'ma start watching again :cheer:
Edited by Tammy, Jul 27 2009, 05:19 PM.

daysfan
Member Avatar

They just need to take Vivian seriously as a villaness, and not so cartoon-ish. I didn't care for Ivan too much, and I just want to see Vivian portrayed as a serious villian who can seriously take on someone like Kate Roberts...because she really was GREAT back in the day.

Kenny
Member Avatar

I'm so excited for this fall. Days has been surprising me lately with their casting coups. We're getting Lindsay Korman, Louise Sorel and possibly Michael Sabatino all in one week? On top of the huge Chappell return? I'll take it!

Mason
Member Avatar

It feels so damn good to actually be excited about something on this show again. I just wish I could feel that way about the rest of the show...

Mason
Member Avatar

Kenny
Jul 27 2009, 05:19 PM
I'm so excited for this fall. Days has been surprising me lately with their casting coups. We're getting Lindsay Korman, Louise Sorel and possibly Michael Sabatino all in one week? On top of the huge Chappell return? I'll take it!
LoL, we keep posting virtually the same things! :P

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply