Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Sami and Rafe split!; August 11th issue; Article Summary
Topic Started: Jul 29 2009, 10:44 AM (6,771 Views)
Ellie

Please link to DR.

This week's SOD features interviews with Galen Gering and Ali Sweeney.

Meredith leaves town, but first she writes a letter to Sami in which she says Rafe is responsible for Emily's death. Meredith says that Emily had information about Rafe that could ruin his career at the FBI, and then Emily and Rafe had a fight, and then Emily died. Gering and Sweeney both explain that the evidence is only circumstantial, but as Sweeney says, "It's certainly enough for Sami to ask Rafe a lot more questions."

Rafe gets very angry at Sami, because she'd promised she wouldn't bring this up again. However, Sami tells Rafe that she hadn't expected to receive this letter. Sami and Rafe continue arguing, then he gets angry and leaves. Sweeney explains that Sami "doesn't think [Rafe] murdered Emily. She doesn't understand why he's keeping secrets from her, and it hurts that he can't open up to her."

Gering explains that Rafe understands that Sami wants to ask questions about this, but "he can't talk to her about it". So, as Gering says, "because of the fact that he can't tell her all this stuff, he has to leave her." Gering continues that if Rafe were to answer Sami's questions, "it could possibly jeopardize his well being and also hers." Rafe sees that Sami has been through so much pain, and he doesn't want to add to it. "So, in his mind, there is no choice but to walk away."

SOD concludes by asking Gering if this means that Rafe does have more to hide. Gering responds, "Yes, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's a bad guy. It's complicated."

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

wanderoze
Member Avatar

These two are going to break up more than Stephanie and Phillip. Since Chloe is dumping Lucas, maybe Sammi and Lucas can get back together and move far, far, far away.

esp13
Member Avatar

Let me take a wild stab at it. Emily had information that Rafe was covering something up in order to protect Arianna. They got in a fight, which caused Rafe to wreck the car. Rafe can't tell Sami because he has to protect Arianna and because it probably has something to do with Arianna being connected to some bad guys and so it might put Sami in danger. So, it's going to look like Rafe was a dirty cop, but really he was just protecting his sister.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Ugh.

I want to give them credit for relationship drama without a third-party interfering, because it's more about his past right now than it is about some woman/man. But...I just can't care about Rafe's past. Or his present. Or his future.

Mason
Member Avatar

Whoop-de-doo...

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

wanderoze
Jul 29 2009, 10:48 AM
Since Chloe is dumping Lucas, maybe Sammi and Lucas can get back together and move far, far, far away.
Talk about a happy ending! And I don't even like Lucas and Sami, which . . . wait, that's the part that makes it a happy ending.

Thanks for posting, Ellie! I find it so funny GG has to spell out Rafe isn't necessarily really a bad guy. I mean, duh. I would think the only people who might not be sure about that are the ones who started watching Days yesterday.

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

:sleep: :sleep: :sleep: Who gives a fuck,these two suck.
Thanks Ellie!!

mbdimera
Member Avatar

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Thanks Ellie. :)

Nicole Walker

I hope they don't drag this out any longer. I really sick of it to be honest.

mirabella

Thanks for posting. SAFE will be back together. I hope they don't drag out the story for too long. I want to know what happened with Rafe's and Ari's past that they need to keep quiet to protect themselves and others. This sounds good to me.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

esp13
Jul 29 2009, 10:52 AM
Let me take a wild stab at it. Emily had information that Rafe was covering something up in order to protect Arianna. They got in a fight, which caused Rafe to wreck the car. Rafe can't tell Sami because he has to protect Arianna and because it probably has something to do with Arianna being connected to some bad guys and so it might put Sami in danger. So, it's going to look like Rafe was a dirty cop, but really he was just protecting his sister.
Yep. It's clear another party is involved here and with Arianna's mysterious phone calls and behavior, it has to be here. Plus, there are always those hints in scenes with her and Rafe.

I like this conflict though because, as Px said, it's not from a third party. I think we will start seeing Arianna's role in this now since her and Brady are getting hot and heavy because they will want this to be a complication for them as a couple too.

six
Member Avatar

esp13
Jul 29 2009, 10:52 AM
My money's on this, except that I'm not sure Rafe was even driving the car, but that Arianna might have crashed it instead.

Hopefully she show will throw in a real twist, like Arianna not really being his sister, or something.

doolcrazy
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting this. I like Sami and Rafe but I am a died in the wool Lumi lover and think she should be with Lucas. They always stray but wind up together eventually. I like this mystery with Rafe and his sister if she is his sister. They may well be agents working together undercover....who knows.

Ponz
Member Avatar

Ellie
Jul 29 2009, 10:44 AM
Gering responds, "Yes, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's a bad guy."
Yeah, that's exactly what makes this "mystery" so pointless and tedious.

Thanks, Ellie.
Edited by Ponz, Jul 29 2009, 01:08 PM.

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

:sleep: :sleep: :sleep: There better be an interesting twist, because SAFE's SL is so damn boring

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Ponz
Jul 29 2009, 01:07 PM
Ellie
Jul 29 2009, 10:44 AM
Gering responds, "Yes, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's a bad guy."
Yeah, that's exactly what makes this "mystery" so pointless and tedious.
Seriously! What's wrong with the idea that Rafe is/was a bad guy. So is EJ sometimes. And Sami's a boyfriend-stealing, paternity test swapping, cross-dressing/war infiltrating rapist. Why is it so wrong or weird that Rafe be bad?

Really...a little shade of gray wouldn't hurt.

samixxx
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting the article. Sounds good, I can't wait to see more.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

This gets a big WHO CARES from me!

Thanks, Ellie!

Red Mist
Member Avatar

Shocking revelations...INDEED! BAH!

mer4santo
Member Avatar

and next weeks SOD will say: Rafe and Sami Reunite!

This is sooooo irritating and Rafe's bid secret is not that interesting. Sure it's painful for him but he seems to be overreacting because there is no way in hell that Rafe is even grey....beige, maybe but not grey.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply