Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Sami and Rafe split!; August 11th issue; Article Summary
Topic Started: Jul 29 2009, 10:44 AM (6,783 Views)
littlemony
Member Avatar
Queen of the Underground

esp13
Jul 29 2009, 10:52 AM
Let me take a wild stab at it. Emily had information that Rafe was covering something up in order to protect Arianna. They got in a fight, which caused Rafe to wreck the car. Rafe can't tell Sami because he has to protect Arianna and because it probably has something to do with Arianna being connected to some bad guys and so it might put Sami in danger. So, it's going to look like Rafe was a dirty cop, but really he was just protecting his sister.
Wow, that is a really good explanation. Wouldn't be surprised if you hit the nail on the head with that one.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

I think Arianna has a BIG piece in this,I think Rafe is protecting his sister somehow,afterall he did promise Arianna he wouldn't tell Sami everything,why would he do that if she wasn't involved.SAFE will be back together eventually,no doubts.

Dallas812

If Safe breaks up I wouldn't cry too much about it ( well, maybe only tears of happiness ). By Rafe breaking up with Sami now it makes room for an EJami reunion coming soon once the Sydney is discovered to be an EJami baby.

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

Angie79
Jul 29 2009, 03:30 PM
This gets a big WHO CARES from me!

Thanks, Ellie!
Me as well...SNORE,SNORE,SNORE :sleep:

lazydazes
Member Avatar

Quote:

By Rafe breaking up with Sami now it makes room for an EJami reunion coming soon once the Sydney is discovered to be an EJami baby.

I hope not. The last thing viewers need is a redux of Ejami.

mirabella

lazydazes
Aug 2 2009, 08:40 PM
Quote:

By Rafe breaking up with Sami now it makes room for an EJami reunion coming soon once the Sydney is discovered to be an EJami baby.

I'll second that!

imahrguru
Member Avatar

I like the idea of Rafe covering for his sister and getting in an accident b/c he's arguing with Emily. I want EJ to find out something and fights to get Sami back. I hate waiting for the reveal. I agree, let's give EJ something to actually get angry about. I'm sick of the scenes where he senses something, Nicole gives a bunch of BS, turns it on him, he concedes, they make up, blah, blah, blah. Ej needs to find out and cuss Nicole out to high heaven. James Scott did such an incredible job when Sami told him Grace was his. Give him another opportunity with Nicole's miscarriage and the rage for the baby switch. It would be nice if the rage was also against Stephano, but considering how slow this is going, I am waaaaaay ahead of myself. Pick up the pace already.

daisy132

imahrguru
Aug 3 2009, 09:04 AM
I like the idea of Rafe covering for his sister and getting in an accident b/c he's arguing with Emily. I want EJ to find out something and fights to get Sami back. I hate waiting for the reveal. I agree, let's give EJ something to actually get angry about. I'm sick of the scenes where he senses something, Nicole gives a bunch of BS, turns it on him, he concedes, they make up, blah, blah, blah. Ej needs to find out and cuss Nicole out to high heaven. James Scott did such an incredible job when Sami told him Grace was his. Give him another opportunity with Nicole's miscarriage and the rage for the baby switch. It would be nice if the rage was also against Stephano, but considering how slow this is going, I am waaaaaay ahead of myself. Pick up the pace already.
I'm not even excited about the reveal anymore. They've worked overtime to redeem Nicole, which I hate, because it's clear that they want to make her "good" and sweep all the effects of her lies and deception over everyone that she's hurt under the rug. It's become clear to me that they are making NICOLE the victim, which disgusts me. As far as EJ is concerned, I can't be excited about his reaction either. He'll be mad at Nicole and Stephano's deception, but at the same time he'll be overjoyed that he has his real daughter. I think that Nicole will just get a "how could you lie to me", he'll throw a glass, and then that's it. Done. Nothing to get excited about anymore - it's become totally predictable. Just like the Rafe storyline. And I find this obsession of Sami's over Emily's death ridiculous. I would understand if Sami actually thought she was living in danger with Rafe, but she doesn't. He's still her hero, so what's the big deal? The woman is dead, hardly competition. Why can't she just let things be? Everyone has things they may choose not to talk about and may want to leave in their past.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

px780
Jul 29 2009, 03:24 PM
Ponz
Jul 29 2009, 01:07 PM
Ellie
Jul 29 2009, 10:44 AM
Gering responds, "Yes, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's a bad guy."
Yeah, that's exactly what makes this "mystery" so pointless and tedious.
Seriously! What's wrong with the idea that Rafe is/was a bad guy. So is EJ sometimes. And Sami's a boyfriend-stealing, paternity test swapping, cross-dressing/war infiltrating rapist. Why is it so wrong or weird that Rafe be bad?

Really...a little shade of gray wouldn't hurt.
Agreed. But you've gotta have an actor that can play it.
Unless they do a re-cast, that's not going to happen here.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

daisy132
Aug 3 2009, 12:02 PM
I'm not even excited about the reveal anymore. They've worked overtime to redeem Nicole, which I hate, because it's clear that they want to make her "good" and sweep all the effects of her lies and deception over everyone that she's hurt under the rug. It's become clear to me that they are making NICOLE the victim, which disgusts me.
how is that any different than what's been done with sami? everyone in town said that they would have hid ej's baby from him, too, and not ONE person, not even her own father, wondered why in the hell sami slept with ej in the first place. talk about sweeping someone's lies and deceptions under a rug.

i will admit that they are working very hard to redeem nicole, which is much more preferable to me than ignoring scenes from a year ago to make a character look good. you talk about them ignoring what nicole did, but that isn't true. they're just actually showing her feeling guilty over it, unlike sami. TPTB never even tried to make sami feel guilty for what she did to ej, they just made everyone in town justify her bad behavior, thinking that the audience would accept that. obviously some have, but i like to see a little bit more work put into a redemption than just ignoring the facts of the situation.
Edited by luvpumpkns, Aug 3 2009, 01:07 PM.

Ana75
Member Avatar

ga68153
Jul 29 2009, 01:18 PM
:sleep: :sleep: :sleep: There better be an interesting twist, because SAFE's SL is so damn boring
At least they provide a great time to take a nap. ;)

daisy132

luvpumpkns
Aug 3 2009, 01:06 PM
daisy132
I'm not even excited about the reveal anymore. They've worked overtime to redeem Nicole, which I hate, because it's clear that they want to make her "good" and sweep all the effects of her lies and deception over everyone that she's hurt under the rug. It's become clear to me that they are making NICOLE the victim, which disgusts me.
how is that any different than what's been done with sami? everyone in town said that they would have hid ej's baby from him, too, and not ONE person, not even her own father, wondered why in the hell sami slept with ej in the first place. talk about sweeping someone's lies and deceptions under a rug.

i will admit that they are working very hard to redeem nicole, which is much more preferable to me than ignoring scenes from a year ago to make a character look good. you talk about them ignoring what nicole did, but that isn't true. they're just actually showing her feeling guilty over it, unlike sami. TPTB never even tried to make sami feel guilty for what she did to ej, they just made everyone in town justify her bad behavior, thinking that the audience would accept that. obviously some have, but i like to see a little bit more work put into a redemption than just ignoring the facts of the situation.
I'm the first to agree with you about what Sami did to EJ and the lack of regret on her part. Sami was wrong in keeping Grace's existence from him, especially after her saying over and over what a wonderful father he is. I agree about the terrible writing about everyone supporting her decision as well. We all know she slept with EJ because she wanted to, and at the time, all the Bradys were embracing him as well, including Marlena and Roman.

I don't buy Nicole's redemption. If she was that sorry and felt that guilty she would tell EJ the truth. She keeps saying, even now, that she doesn't want to lose "everything she ever wanted". I don't want her to be destroyed, but I do want her to lose Sydney and EJ, and I want her deeds to be revealed. I just don't think that we'll get that, and it will make this whole year another waste of time on a storyline that simply doesn't deliver. I hope that I'm wrong though.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

i don't think there's any way that nicole is going to get to keep ej or sydney. i think it's fairly obvious that sydney is the reason why grace had to be killed off--even the writers knew they couldn't saddle sami with two infants, two toddlers, and a teenager.

i get what you're saying about not nicole not feeling guilty enough to spill the beans to ej, but i don't think that that makes her a total monster. a lot of times, people feel guilty enough to feel badly about their actions, but not so bad that they want to make amends, and that kind of behavior is rampant on soaps, even among 'good' chracters. i remember a few years ago when belle was feeling guilty over her flip-flops between shawn and philip. that never stopped her from taking whichever one of them she wanted when she wanted them, but i also bought that she felt badly about it.
Edited by luvpumpkns, Aug 3 2009, 02:17 PM.

michelle
Member Avatar

mirabella
Aug 2 2009, 10:44 PM
lazydazes
Aug 2 2009, 08:40 PM
Quote:

I'll second that!
That's how I feel about a LUMI reunion. Oh God, please not again! :sleep:

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

luvpumpkns
Aug 3 2009, 01:06 PM
daisy132

Excellent post! I completely agree...it would be nice to see Sami feeling at least some guilt for keeping her pregnancy from EJ. And to tell him...like she did...after Grace had died? Not exactly an endearing moment for her. Having everyone else in town agreeing that she did the right thing is completely ridiculous - especially considering that during the time that Sami slept with EJ the entire town was acting like he was a great guy. I remember Marlena defending him to Lucas; Roman slapping him on the back and keeping a friendly arm around him after they came out of the stairwell, etc. Sami's parents seemed to have no issues with EJ back then - but in order to try to explain away Sami's actions now suddenly he's scum of the earth again.

It's not just EJami or Nicole this crap happens with, though. The constant change in gears and complete inconsistency really kills my enjoyment of the show.

Livie

I have to disagree with the idea of Sami thinking EJ is the greatest father ever. At one point she did, until he went back under his fathers wing, that is the sticking point. EJ had done a lot to get back in the Brady good graces, especially helping John. Then EJ got with Nicole and does a 180.

I just do not see why Sami should be guilty, she was hiding her daughter from a man who was a murderer, a kidnapper, a gangster, and the loving loyal son of a man who has terrorized Sami's family for decades, besides being married to a woman who was her sworn enemy. What should Sami be guilty about? She was protecting Grace from a lifestyle that was embraced by EJ, and I do not believe that in time she would not have gone after custody of Johnny.

If EJ sees all of this and decides his life is not one that he wants his children to live, then good for him, but I do not think his life is going to be with Sami. That ship has sailed.

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

I cant' make myself care.

I think I hate Rafe because he's turned Sami into someone who is no longer entertaining.

She's as boring as he is now. :frownie:

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

Livie
Aug 3 2009, 07:15 PM
I have to disagree with the idea of Sami thinking EJ is the greatest father ever. At one point she did, until he went back under his fathers wing, that is the sticking point. EJ had done a lot to get back in the Brady good graces, especially helping John. Then EJ got with Nicole and does a 180.

I just do not see why Sami should be guilty, she was hiding her daughter from a man who was a murderer, a kidnapper, a gangster, and the loving loyal son of a man who has terrorized Sami's family for decades, besides being married to a woman who was her sworn enemy. What should Sami be guilty about? She was protecting Grace from a lifestyle that was embraced by EJ, and I do not believe that in time she would not have gone after custody of Johnny.

If EJ sees all of this and decides his life is not one that he wants his children to live, then good for him, but I do not think his life is going to be with Sami. That ship has sailed.
The key issue is Sami made the decision to hide her pregnancy BEFORE EJ did any of these things. At the point Sami found out she was pregnant EJ had only banged Nicole once (drunkenly in an elevator, while calling out Sami's name) and was not working for his father nor had he been involved in any of the nefarious deeds you've listed. All that he had done to get back in the Brady's good graces was not undone - and he even went to Sami at the cabin AFTER learning that Nicole was pregnant and made it clear that Sami was still his first choice. He referred to his situation with Nicole as a 'disaster'. Yet Sami still chose to keep quiet about her pregnancy.

That is what she should feel guilty about. Had she been honest from the beginning, sooooo many things might have been different.

I don't think the EJami ship has sailed. Hell, it really hasn't even left the port yet. :lol:

samixxx
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Aug 3 2009, 07:58 PM
Livie

The key issue is Sami made the decision to hide her pregnancy BEFORE EJ did any of these things. At the point Sami found out she was pregnant EJ had only banged Nicole once (drunkenly in an elevator, while calling out Sami's name) and was not working for his father nor had he been involved in any of the nefarious deeds you've listed. All that he had done to get back in the Brady's good graces was not undone - and he even went to Sami at the cabin AFTER learning that Nicole was pregnant and made it clear that Sami was still his first choice. He referred to his situation with Nicole as a 'disaster'. Yet Sami still chose to keep quiet about her pregnancy.

That is what she should feel guilty about. Had she been honest from the beginning, sooooo many things might have been different.

I don't think the EJami ship has sailed. Hell, it really hasn't even left the port yet. :lol:
Sami was given reason to doubt Ej concerning Stefano's involvement BEFore she found out she was pregnant and after she realized that Ej wasn't the changed man that she told everyone that he was. During the lockdown at the hospital it showed Sami afraid of Stefano and later with her telling Ej lcheck the windows etc etc.not even knowing where Stefano was at the time, but Ej blew that off because he was concentrating on how it felt for Nicole witnessing Ej/Sami in the stairwell and Nicole's slip of loving him. When Sami expressed her worry, Ej was a jerk to her, and later when she found Stefano with Johnny at the cemetery alone. Nothing, no backing from Ej at all, he knew that Sami didn't want Johnny around Stefano.

Great post Livie.

As for Sami and Rafe splitting, I don't think it will be for long. They seem to come back stronger than ever when faced with setbacks. That is one of the things I like about them best, they don't turn on each other.

Edited by samixxx, Aug 3 2009, 11:30 PM.

lysie
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Aug 3 2009, 07:58 PM
Livie

She didn't want Stefano to know about the baby, and EJ was letting Stefano take Johnny for walks in the cemetary. Stefano couldn't treat a baby he didn't know about as an heir (which is the difference in that baby and Johnny). She didn't start off hiding the baby from EJ. But if she had told him, Stefano would have found out and that's what she was trying to keep from happening. How he felt about Nicole wasn't the only variable. He wouldn't stand up against Stefano.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply