Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Sami and Rafe split!; August 11th issue; Article Summary
Topic Started: Jul 29 2009, 10:44 AM (6,728 Views)
SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

lysie
Aug 3 2009, 11:53 PM
SocRMum1
Aug 3 2009, 07:58 PM
Livie
Aug 3 2009, 07:15 PM
I have to disagree with the idea of Sami thinking EJ is the greatest father ever. At one point she did, until he went back under his fathers wing, that is the sticking point. EJ had done a lot to get back in the Brady good graces, especially helping John. Then EJ got with Nicole and does a 180.

I just do not see why Sami should be guilty, she was hiding her daughter from a man who was a murderer, a kidnapper, a gangster, and the loving loyal son of a man who has terrorized Sami's family for decades, besides being married to a woman who was her sworn enemy. What should Sami be guilty about? She was protecting Grace from a lifestyle that was embraced by EJ, and I do not believe that in time she would not have gone after custody of Johnny.

If EJ sees all of this and decides his life is not one that he wants his children to live, then good for him, but I do not think his life is going to be with Sami. That ship has sailed.
The key issue is Sami made the decision to hide her pregnancy BEFORE EJ did any of these things. At the point Sami found out she was pregnant EJ had only banged Nicole once (drunkenly in an elevator, while calling out Sami's name) and was not working for his father nor had he been involved in any of the nefarious deeds you've listed. All that he had done to get back in the Brady's good graces was not undone - and he even went to Sami at the cabin AFTER learning that Nicole was pregnant and made it clear that Sami was still his first choice. He referred to his situation with Nicole as a 'disaster'. Yet Sami still chose to keep quiet about her pregnancy.

That is what she should feel guilty about. Had she been honest from the beginning, sooooo many things might have been different.

I don't think the EJami ship has sailed. Hell, it really hasn't even left the port yet. :lol:
She didn't want Stefano to know about the baby, and EJ was letting Stefano take Johnny for walks in the cemetary. Stefano couldn't treat a baby he didn't know about as an heir (which is the difference in that baby and Johnny). She didn't start off hiding the baby from EJ. But if she had told him, Stefano would have found out and that's what she was trying to keep from happening. How he felt about Nicole wasn't the only variable. He wouldn't stand up against Stefano.
I'm sure we all see the way things unfolded through our own perspective - but the fact is Stefano didn't take Johnny for the walk through the cemetary until AFTER Sami had already refused to tell EJ about her pregnancy when he came to see her in the hospital. She lied from the moment she found out. I believe what happened at the hospital during the lock down had nothing to do with what Sami was feeling - but I do recall that she was furious with EJ for not backing her up and fighting to prevent Lucas from having visitation rights with Ali. She was jealous of Nicole and EJ's relationship with her - but EJ could not have been any more clear with her all along that she was his first choice. Remember their fight at the hospital?
EJ: "Do you really think I would be having dinner with anybody else if you weren't so fickle and infuriating?"

But either way...Sami had countless opportunities to tell EJ the truth. And she repeatedly spoke of what a great father he was and was dreaming about him - both at the cabin with Lucas and later in the safe house. The whole protecting the baby from Stefano would have a lot more legs were it not for the fact that Johnny lives in the same house and Sami has praised EJ for the great job he's done with Johnny in her absense. The two things simply just don't jive. It's lousy writing - and it makes Sami hard to root for, IMO.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Aug 4 2009, 09:39 AM
lysie
Aug 3 2009, 11:53 PM
SocRMum1
Aug 3 2009, 07:58 PM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep I just do not see why Sami should be guilty, she was hiding her daughter from a man who was a murderer, a kidnapper, a gangster, and the loving loyal son of a man who has terrorized Sami's family for decades, besides being married to a woman who was her sworn enemy. What should Sami be guilty about? She was protecting Grace from a lifestyle that was embraced by EJ, and I do not believe that in time she would not have gone after custody of Johnny.
She didn't want Stefano to know about the baby, and EJ was letting Stefano take Johnny for walks in the cemetary. Stefano couldn't treat a baby he didn't know about as an heir (which is the difference in that baby and Johnny). She didn't start off hiding the baby from EJ. But if she had told him, Stefano would have found out and that's what she was trying to keep from happening. How he felt about Nicole wasn't the only variable. He wouldn't stand up against Stefano.
I'm sure we all see the way things unfolded through our own perspective - but the fact is Stefano didn't take Johnny for the walk through the cemetary until AFTER Sami had already refused to tell EJ about her pregnancy when he came to see her in the hospital. She lied from the moment she found out. I believe what happened at the hospital during the lock down had nothing to do with what Sami was feeling - but I do recall that she was furious with EJ for not backing her up and fighting to prevent Lucas from having visitation rights with Ali. She was jealous of Nicole and EJ's relationship with her - but EJ could not have been any more clear with her all along that she was his first choice. Remember their fight at the hospital?
EJ: "Do you really think I would be having dinner with anybody else if you weren't so fickle and infuriating?"

But either way...Sami had countless opportunities to tell EJ the truth. And she repeatedly spoke of what a great father he was and was dreaming about him - both at the cabin with Lucas and later in the safe house. The whole protecting the baby from Stefano would have a lot more legs were it not for the fact that Johnny lives in the same house and Sami has praised EJ for the great job he's done with Johnny in her absense. The two things simply just don't jive. It's lousy writing - and it makes Sami hard to root for, IMO.
I don't like sticking up for Sami. It's not something I make a habit of. But do all pregnant women tell the father at the absolute first chance? I know they don't. Especially when they're not in a relationship. It takes some thought sometimes. So not telling him at the hospital, not a big deal at all. Several times she was going to tell him, and she was stopped by two things: Nicole and Stefano. She got over the Nicole thing, though. It was Stefano and the mayor's death that kept her from actually telling.

To me, the difference in Johnny and Sydney/Grace is that Stefano already knew about Johnny. Sami thought that if Stefano didn't know about this baby, he wouldn't want it. There was nothing she could do about Johnny. I think that lousy of her, but she's never been particulary good at parenting more than one child at a time. I can also see her point, though if it were me I wouldn't have left. The thing is, it wasn't about EJ. It was about Sydney/Grace. I don't for one second believe EJ would have been able to protect her from Stefano the way Sami wanted. I don't even think he would have tried. His head is too far up Stefano's butt.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

lysie
Aug 4 2009, 09:48 AM
I don't for one second believe EJ would have been able to protect her from Stefano the way Sami wanted. I don't even think he would have tried. His head is too far up Stefano's butt.
We'll just have to agree to disagree on this. EJ had already turned his back on Stefano for Sami (and her family) once. He's proven that when push comes to shove, he chooses her and their children. He didn't fall back under Stefano's thumb (working for him, confiding in him) until Sami was away in WP. It's as if he had no reason to fight it anymore so he just stopped trying. :shrug:

cindymint
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Aug 4 2009, 11:10 AM
lysie
I don't for one second believe EJ would have been able to protect her from Stefano the way Sami wanted. I don't even think he would have tried. His head is too far up Stefano's butt.
We'll just have to agree to disagree on this. EJ had already turned his back on Stefano for Sami (and her family) once. He's proven that when push comes to shove, he chooses her and their children. He didn't fall back under Stefano's thumb (working for him, confiding in him) until Sami was away in WP. It's as if he had no reason to fight it anymore so he just stopped trying. :shrug:
I disagree.Ej has always been on Stepheno's side no matter what.Look at everything that he has done to Sami and her family.Like the black glove insident.Ej never really changed he only wanted to get to Sami and that was why he turned on Stepheno.
Rafe is the only man that has treated Sami that way she deserves to be treated.I know there split won't be permanent.
Ej has always treated her like some sort of trouphy and property. Ej may love Sami in his own controlling ways.Sami doesn't love Ej and never has.She has never lied to Lucas and the day they had there talk she even told him she Never loved Ej.If she loved Ej so much then how come she would run out after Lucas after Lucas walked in on her and Ej and left Ej sitting in the bed.She regreated sleeping with him.She has even said that Ej was the biggestest mistake in her life.
Ej is going to be just like Stepheno obessed with Sami the same way Stepheno was obsessed with Marlena.
RAFE and SAMI are the REAL DEAL
SAMI Finely has a real man that is like a BRADY that will treat her the way she deserves to be treated.He loves her for who she is even given her past.

daisy132

cindymint
Aug 4 2009, 07:27 PM
SocRMum1
lysie
I disagree.Ej has always been on Stepheno's side no matter what.Look at everything that he has done to Sami and her family.Like the black glove insident.Ej never really changed he only wanted to get to Sami and that was why he turned on Stepheno.
Rafe is the only man that has treated Sami that way she deserves to be treated.I know there split won't be permanent.
Ej has always treated her like some sort of trouphy and property. Ej may love Sami in his own controlling ways.Sami doesn't love Ej and never has.She has never lied to Lucas and the day they had there talk she even told him she Never loved Ej.If she loved Ej so much then how come she would run out after Lucas after Lucas walked in on her and Ej and left Ej sitting in the bed.She regreated sleeping with him.She has even said that Ej was the biggestest mistake in her life.
Ej is going to be just like Stepheno obessed with Sami the same way Stepheno was obsessed with Marlena.
SAMI Finely has a real man that is like a BRADY that will treat her the way she deserves to be treated.He loves her for who she is even given her past.
EJ is nothing like Stephano, and Ejami nothing like Stephano and Marlena. EJ is not evil, he is a gray character. He is just as bad as Phillip, Kate, Victor, Sami, Nicole, and even Lucas.

I know that many love to compare Ejami with Stephano and Marlena, but as far as I know, they didn't have a huge fanbase that kept supporting them for years even though they shared hardly any romantic scenes, they have no children together, and I certainly don't remember Marlena making passionate love to Stephano, dreaming about him, or being drawn to him in any way shape or form.

Sami said EJ was the biggest mistake of her life because even to this day she's angry about Nicole. She even said to Rafe "EJ is with Nicole and now I'm with you". Sami is not over EJ by far, just as EJ is not over Sami.

As for Rafe, he's not treating Sami any better than Lucas ever did. His way or the highway seems to be the main theme of their relationship. It's a nice summer filler, but hopefuly it will be over soon, because there are many, many of us that can't wait. It may be the REAL DEAL on paper, but on screen it translates as quite the oposite.
Edited by daisy132, Aug 4 2009, 07:46 PM.

Manda1

daisy132
Aug 4 2009, 07:45 PM
cindymint
SocRMum1

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
EJ is nothing like Stephano, and Ejami nothing like Stephano and Marlena. EJ is not evil, he is a gray character. He is just as bad as Phillip, Kate, Victor, Sami, Nicole, and even Lucas.

I know that many love to compare Ejami with Stephano and Marlena, but as far as I know, they didn't have a huge fanbase that kept supporting them for years even though they shared hardly any romantic scenes, they have no children together, and I certainly don't remember Marlena making passionate love to Stephano, dreaming about him, or being drawn to him in any way shape or form.

Sami said EJ was the biggest mistake of her life because even to this day she's angry about Nicole. She even said to Rafe "EJ is with Nicole and now I'm with you". Sami is not over EJ by far, just as EJ is not over Sami.

As for Rafe, he's not treating Sami any better than Lucas ever did. His way or the highway seems to be the main theme of their relationship. It's a nice summer filler, but hopefuly it will be over soon, because there are many, many of us that can't wait. It may be the REAL DEAL on paper, but on screen it translates as quite the oposite.
Sami and Rafe split will be short I'm sure. They will have to write Sami as mentally ill to return to a relationship with EJ after all that crazy shouting and screaming and wishing continual suffering on her that he has done and he's smashing up Grace's gravestone in tomorrow's eppy. :omg:

Sami asked him if he wanted any say in the funeral arrangements and he said no, so he should never be disturbing the grave now. :shame: Isn't that a criminal offence? Sami and EJ don't need any 'intelopers' as some like to call Rafe and Nicole - they are doing quite well staying apart without any outside interference. Sami has some choice words to say about EJ on Thurs because of what he does to Grace's grave. :shithitfan:

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

Manda1
Aug 4 2009, 11:06 PM
daisy132
Aug 4 2009, 07:45 PM
cindymint

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep

Sami and Rafe split will be short I'm sure. They will have to write Sami as mentally ill to return to a relationship with EJ after all that crazy shouting and screaming and wishing continual suffering on her that he has done and he's smashing up Grace's gravestone in tomorrow's eppy. :omg:

Sami asked him if he wanted any say in the funeral arrangements and he said no, so he should never be disturbing the grave now. :shame: Isn't that a criminal offence? Sami and EJ don't need any 'intelopers' as some like to call Rafe and Nicole - they are doing quite well staying apart without any outside interference. Sami has some choice words to say about EJ on Thurs because of what he does to Grace's grave. :shithitfan:
Ahhh...but it's just a matter of time. And the flick of a pen. Once the truth about Sydney comes out all bets are off. I'm personally very glad that they've gotten Sami's lie and the fall out over with first so they can begin healing and work through their anger and grief before they find out about Sydney. If it had worked the other way around I would be concerned about the future for EJami...as it is now, all I see is a EJami story. :)

shaw
Member Avatar

Ej as a gray ,blue or green character does not matter cause after the split with sleepy :sleep2: oh sorry Rafe, Sami is gonna return to the best she ever had and that could only be Lucas. :sex4:
Edited by shaw, Aug 5 2009, 04:16 PM.

daisy132

Quote:

Manda, I watched the scene, and now I can answer. EJ destroyed the old headstone, not the new one that he put on Grace's grave. His hurt over what Sami did to him has not passed. Keeping the existence of a child from a parent that you know is loving, having the new boyfriend adopt the child, and then letting the real parent know about it after the said child dies is low and extremely hurtful. IMO what Sami did to EJ is unforgivable, but we all know that he will forgive her in time. EJ held Sami in the highest regard and only moved on because she rejected him countless of times and told him to, so what she did tore him apart. He wants her to suffer as he is suffering. He still loves her....

I'm looking forward to Sami and EJ's interraction. If nothing else, it will make for a good episode with great acting. I love any scenes between those two. Must see TV.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

SpriteEyes
Aug 3 2009, 07:45 PM
I cant' make myself care.

I think I hate Rafe because he's turned Sami into someone who is no longer entertaining.

She's as boring as he is now. :frownie:
How has Rafe turned Sami into someone different? Sami has been changing since the birth of her twins. The old Sami would have never let Nicole have EJ if she wanted him. She would have blown Nicole right out of the water and taken EJ for herself!! Sami didn't even know Rafe then. I think the writers have been changing her character for about 2 years now--slowly, but surely.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

daisy132
Aug 5 2009, 06:46 PM
Quote:

Manda, I watched the scene, and now I can answer. EJ destroyed the old headstone, not the new one that he put on Grace's grave. His hurt over what Sami did to him has not passed. Keeping the existence of a child from a parent that you know is loving, having the new boyfriend adopt the child, and then letting the real parent know about it after the said child dies is low and extremely hurtful. IMO what Sami did to EJ is unforgivable, but we all know that he will forgive her in time. EJ held Sami in the highest regard and only moved on because she rejected him countless of times and told him to, so what she did tore him apart. He wants her to suffer as he is suffering. He still loves her....

I'm looking forward to Sami and EJ's interraction. If nothing else, it will make for a good episode with great acting. I love any scenes between those two. Must see TV.
I agree with you!!! EJ is acting like a true Dimera--- ranting and raving and feeling entitled to what he wants when he wants it. Sami did offer EJ the opportunity to have a say in the arrangements and that included the burial. He refused. Now, he just takes it upon himself to smash the old headstone and change the name on the new one? He is still out for revenge and control. To me that is not love, but power and control with a little obsession thrown in .

esp13
Member Avatar

Quote:

The key issue is Sami made the decision to hide her pregnancy BEFORE EJ did any of these things.

Um, not so much. He killed Eve Michaels, shot John, stole his kidney, tortured Steve, tried to kill Steve and Kayla, tried to kill John and Marlena, and sent Steve to kill Bo and Shawn D., coerced Sami into sex (not going down that road again), emotionally tortured her while she was pregnant (remember when he pretended to poison her IV in the hospital? Good times), and tried to kill Lucas (granted nobody actually remembers that). And he did all of those things BEFORE Sami ever got pregnant in the first place.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

esp13
Aug 6 2009, 11:11 AM
Quote:

The key issue is Sami made the decision to hide her pregnancy BEFORE EJ did any of these things.

Um, not so much. He killed Eve Michaels, shot John, stole his kidney, tortured Steve, tried to kill Steve and Kayla, tried to kill John and Marlena, and sent Steve to kill Bo and Shawn D., coerced Sami into sex (not going down that road again), emotionally tortured her while she was pregnant (remember when he pretended to poison her IV in the hospital? Good times), and tried to kill Lucas (granted nobody actually remembers that). And he did all of those things BEFORE Sami ever got pregnant in the first place.
Oh, I agree with you on most of that. But again, ALL of that occurred before EJ began working toward becoming the man he needed to be in order to earn Sami's love and trust. Before he had the Christmas Eve talk with Tony. Before he chose to turn over his father to the authorities and help set John free.

He spent months committing himself to being a better man, for Sami and for the twins. And those months are what led up to them finally having the talk about 12/29 and then making love - conceiving Sydney in the process. So Sami choosing to hide her pregnancy from him should have had nothing to do with all the things you listed because she (and many others) repeatedly defended EJ and talked about him 'not being that man anymore'.

esp13
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Aug 6 2009, 11:40 AM
Oh, I agree with you on most of that. But again, ALL of that occurred before EJ began working toward becoming the man he needed to be in order to earn Sami's love and trust. Before he had the Christmas Eve talk with Tony. Before he chose to turn over his father to the authorities and help set John free.

He spent months committing himself to being a better man, for Sami and for the twins. And those months are what led up to them finally having the talk about 12/29 and then making love - conceiving Sydney in the process. So Sami choosing to hide her pregnancy from him should have had nothing to do with all the things you listed because she (and many others) repeatedly defended EJ and talked about him 'not being that man anymore'.
Well, just because she and others said it, didn't mean it was true.

But, that aside, I'm not defending Sami in any way in any of this. My point is that she knew his history, whether she believed he had changed or not. She knew exactly what he was capable of and yet chose to have unprotected sex with guy. That he turned out to be exactly who he had always been was no big surprise. She should have known he could fake being nice and charming since he did it for the first several months she knew him. Given all that her sudden fear of him as the big bad DiMera who couldn't be told about his child was ridiculous.

Nicole Walker

Well IMO real Sami Brady never would have slept with him in the first place. This man threatened her child's life we know how Sami is about her kids and hurt her family there is no way in hell Sami would ever forgive that or even sleep with EJ, that was the rewrite and that is when Sami became POD Sami and not true to her character. I feel like she was destroyed in this story when she was put in the middle of a triangle with a guy that has terrorized not only her but her entire family in Salem. I also don't think Sami has truly forgiven EJ, I think she wanted to for Johnny's sake but deep down I think she treats him like shit because of what he has done in the past. He gets no real respect from her and she doesn't care at all. Honestly it's probably karma biting him in the azz for all the things he did to her and her family. I think EJ is stuck obsessing over Sami forever while she treats him like shit and loves other men maybe that's his punishment, sucks to be him.
Edited by Nicole Walker, Aug 6 2009, 12:19 PM.

Manda1

Nicole Dimera
Aug 6 2009, 12:15 PM
Well IMO real Sami Brady never would have slept with him in the first place. This man threatened her child's life we know how Sami is about her kids and hurt her family there is no way in hell Sami would ever forgive that or even sleep with EJ, that was the rewrite and that is when Sami became POD Sami and not true to her character. I feel like she was destroyed in this story when she was put in the middle of a triangle with a guy that has terrorized not only her but her entire family in Salem. I also don't think Sami has truly forgiven EJ, I think she wanted to for Johnny's sake but deep down I think she treats him like shit because of what he has done in the past. He gets no real respect from her and she doesn't care at all. Honestly it's probably karma biting him in the azz for all the things he did to her and her family. I think EJ is stuck obsessing over Sami forever while she treats him like shit and loves other men maybe that's his punishment, sucks to be him.
Also Sami does not like the real EJ! She want's him to be someone else, not himself! If he is crazy enough to want to go there again he has real self esteem problems. Sami will never accept the real EJ. She wants a good man who will get on with her family and keep her feeling safe and secure. EJ is not 'good' he is vengeful and unforgiving. He's the Dimera heir now with Tony gone. Even if EJ turned on his dad -Stephano wouldn't take that lying down. He'd probably kidnap Johnny and groom him to take over on some secret Island until he was 25 and could come home and take over the empire. And Sami would hate EJ if Johnny was ever taken away or disappeared.

Sami doesn't want Rafe to change and be a different kind of man she just wants him to tell her about Emily and his past and be more open - there is a real difference. Sami loves the man that he is. :wub:

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

Manda1
Aug 6 2009, 12:34 PM
Sami doesn't want Rafe to change and be a different kind of man she just wants him to tell her about Emily and his past and be more open - there is a real difference. Sami loves the man that he is. :wub:
Well how could Sami know whether she wants him to change or not? Thus far, he won't let her know who he is, at all. Given that EJ was able to fool Sami with the 'great guy' routine when they first met, Sami has even more reason to be uncomfortable with Rafe's refusal to come clean. Add to that this mysterious dead fiance and the woman SHOULD be downright suspicious.

EJ is a product of his upbringing...no one was more surprised than he was when he actually fell in love with Sami. That's what makes the character so compelling. He should be all the things you said about him, but yet - he has come to realize that in order to be truly happy he needs to be his own man. One that is worthy of the love of his children and the woman who holds his heart. I think that will be the next stage to this story.

esp13
Member Avatar

I haven't seen EJ realize that to be happy he needs to be his own man. If anything, he seems to have realized that to be happy he needs to be as much of a DiMera as possible. Although, I guess maybe that is him being his own man.

mer4santo
Member Avatar
I own you bitch.

cindymint
She has never lied to Lucas
Certainly this statement was a joke about Sami? Forgive me if I missed something.

Sami will definitely get back together with good ol' Rafe, there is no question in my mind, but for how long. On a show known for its couples, this show hardly keeps one together for a millisecond without breaking them up or making them miserable. Being a 'happy' couple is the death knoll for any pairing and I hardly think Rafe's past will do much to keep Safe apart after it's revealed. But since there isn't anything intriguing that binds the two together I don't see them lasting for a really long time.

That being said I think it's funny how all of these threads always come back to EJ and Sami. Just sayin'.

Taelyn

Why would any of this ignite an Ejami union.. None of this changes that Sami lied and withheld hs child and has no regrets for doing so..No doubt EJ will be thrilled when he finds out about ydney .. but he has always known shewas his daughter, and he has always had her with him. Discovering the truth will in no way lesson what Sami did.. Even if he despises Nicole.

I just dont see any logic to a Happy ending with those two.
Whats done is done, and they are who they are.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply