Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Days Comings and Goings; August 11th issue
Topic Started: Jul 29 2009, 10:53 AM (1,847 Views)
Ellie

SOD says Rachel Kimsey's last airdate is August 6th, "but she could come back".

Also, though SOD mentions Terrell/Hartley on the cover, there's no article yet. There's a small inset with pictures of the two of them which says that next week's issue will contain an article.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Ellie
Jul 29 2009, 10:53 AM
SOD says Rachel Kimsey's last airdate is August 6th, "but she could come back".

Please don't go to any trouble to do this on my account, show.

Thanks for posting, Ellie!

mbdimera
Member Avatar

They'll probably bring her back if they decide to resurrect Emily.

Thanks Ellie! :)

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

thanks Ellie...cancellation looms..I can feel it

mirabella

Thanks for posting.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Glad they moved through this stuff fast because Kimsey is awful and I'm ready to move on to the next phase of the Sami/Rafe stuff.

SOD must have been excited to get the Hartley news out there LOL. Splashing it on the cover with no article? Gotta love you, SOD LOL.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Thank you for recognizing that Kimsey is NOT NEEDED on Days...we already have bad actors!
Liz

six
Member Avatar

Didn't we have spoilers awhile back about
Spoiler: click to toggle
In that case, she'll definitely be back.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

six
Jul 29 2009, 12:04 PM
I think those scenes take place next week. He tells her to talk about Emily's death and then I think she writes the letter.

six
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Jul 29 2009, 12:11 PM
six
Jul 29 2009, 12:04 PM
I think those scenes take place next week. He tells her to talk about Emily's death and then I think she writes the letter.
Ah, I didn't realize that. Thanks.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Good to hear about Rachel. She isn't needed.

Thanks, Ellie!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

Thank god Rachel's leaving, I don't like her or the character.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Sigh... They really wasted Kimsey on a poorly developed character like Meredith. I wasn't too fond of her in this role, and I think it had a lot to do with the writing and character and not Kimsey herself. If she does come back, I see her coming back to hurt Rafe or Sami and we'll get the psycho revenge part of the storyline that I'm expecting.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Granted, the role was nothing much but Kimsey sucked. She did nothing to make Meredith interesting at all. I don't even think good writing would've helped.

Between the work she had done and the apparent fact that she forgot how to act, I think the character was doomed to flop with her playing here. They should've casted someone else but I guess Marnie Saitta can't always get it right casting-wise LOL.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Jul 29 2009, 02:49 PM.

jane1978

I could be wrong, but I think it was always very clear the part is only short term. They just needed someone to exposit Rafe´s past and show to us the secret around her sister death is deeper than Rafe admits. There is no reason for her to stay longer.

mer4santo
Member Avatar
I own you bitch.

Thanks to tptb for getting rid of that crappy character. I think the dialogue is awful so far and the actor is doing nothing to make Meredith compelling.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

heidi
Member Avatar

Kimsey had a some great nasty, sarcastic lines on today's show with Rafe. She had a chance to change my mind by really letting him have it. But, she let the lines fall flat. She didn't look angry at all.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply